The Nanny

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I felt him slip out, and our combined fluids trickle out just a second later.

"You didn't pull out," I inwardly groan. It'd be a trip to the pharmacy first thing tomorrow morning for me.

"I'm so sorry," he groaned, pulling off of me. "It just slipped my mind."

I wanted to be annoyed at him. There's too much pressure on women to be in charge of birth control -- how can men not handle the simplest of tasks for the same purpose? But I couldn't stay mad. I was glowing in my post-orgasmic haze, just glad that he was still on top of me.

"You want a coffee?" I asked and he smiled down at me.

"Coffee sounds great."

************

Thursday, December 20th, 2018

I was in a bubble. A shining, pearly bubble of happiness. I'd kept receiving cheeky, random little texts from Daniel for the past week and in all honesty, I was really into him.

We'd sat and chatted for almost an hour after we'd been together, and I learned a lot about him. There were things I'd already known from Isabella, but other things -- more personal things -- he'd enlightened me on.

Allan and Hannah were half-siblings, as were Hannah and Daniel, but Allan and Daniel were only stepsiblings. It was all very complicated. Allan's mother had left his father (who I'd learned was named Richard) when Allan was only five, then Richard met Daniel's mum (Evelyn) who he is still married to now -- apparently Allan considered Evelyn to be his mum as well. Then Evelyn and Richard had Hannah together, years later -- like a last-chance-baby. I didn't ask about his dad, but Daniel told me anyway. His dad had died of an overdose when Daniel was just a baby. "For all intents and purposes, Richard is my father. I call him dad."

He told me about his friend's business -- the one that he'd invested in. "It was total luck, really. I had no idea what software development was, I just had some cash and I liked the guy. Best decision I ever made."

"So, what do you do for the company?" I asked. "What's your role?"

"I'm a part-owner," he smiled, shaking his head. "I do absolutely nothing. I told Chris that I didn't want to be a part of the decision-making process or anything -- that he should just do as he thinks is right. I do nothing and it makes me money. I feel like a spoiled little rich kid."

I smiled at him but there was nothing behind it. It stung a little -- how easily others seemed to have it. He had started playing with my hand. We were sitting at the dining table -- the one we'd only just fucked on -- drinking coffee and chatting like it was nothing.

He kept asking me questions about my life and I dodged them quite a bit. There wouldn't have been a point in depressing him, not after I'd only just found out how good he had it.

Now, Daniel was in London for a meeting with his accountant. He had just sent me a picture of him pulling a goofy face, making me giggle. He was a genuinely decent guy and it was tugging at my heartstrings. I still wanted him.

"Ursula!" Iona screamed, coming through the front door and launching herself at me. I laughed, lifting her as best I could. "It's Christmas!" She shouted in my ear.

"Oh wow," I laughed again, trying to ignore the ringing that immediately took over my eardrum. "I take it you had a nice last day of school?"

"It was great!" She jumped down off me, twirling in front of me.

Isabella and Allan entered behind her. Isabella looked furious, talking into her mobile and shaking her head. They had been attending the nativity at Iona's school. I was about to ask how it had gone when Allan made eye contact, shaking his head.

"Honestly, it's the principle of the thing," Isabella drawled into her phone, walking past me into the lounge. She threw her bag onto the couch and ran a hand through her hair. "I'd never let anyone do that under my roof -- they'd be out in two seconds."

"Everything alright?" I asked Allan while Iona busied herself taking off her shoes and unpacking her bag.

"Izzy ran into one of the biggest gossips in town at Iona's school. She got some news and she's been making phone calls since then." He rolled his eyes and took of his coat.

"Nothing bad, I hope?" I smiled at Iona as she pulled out a painting, she had done which was covered in glitter.

Allan grimaced. "One of her friends has a live-in housekeeper. She's new and young and she was caught bringing a boy back into the house at night, so she's been sacked. It's a big scandal, apparently."

"Sacked?" I gasped. "But she lives there -- what's she supposed to do?"

"Be a bit more discreet, I suppose. Or do it in the park?" I widened my eyes at him, though I knew he was joking. "Hey, I don't agree with it," Allan held his hands up, looking over at Isabella. "It must be a British thing -- they're so prudish." He looked suddenly sheepish. "No offence," he grinned.

"None taken," I mumbled back, looking back at Isabella. She was talking animatedly, shaking her head. I heard the words 'disgusting', 'disrespectful', and 'who does she think she is?', but whoever she was on the phone to was doing the majority of the talking.

"Ursula? I want to go upstairs," Iona told me, pulling on my hand. I let her drag me to her room where she pulled out some colouring utensils.

Oh God, I though, sitting on one of her tiny stools. What have I done?

No, I didn't bring a stranger back to the house at night-time. I'd just shagged one of their family members in their bloody kitchen!

If they found out I'd be sacked, or worse. Although I wasn't sure what more they could do but being sacked was bad enough. I'd be homeless, I reminded myself. My room in Cambridge was being sub-let until mid-January, and they'd certainly turn me out of here. I would have nowhere to go. Iona put a piece of paper in front of me with a pen, telling me to draw a dragon that she could colour in.

I couldn't see Daniel again, I realised. A tiny little hole opened up inside me, making my throat constrict. I didn't want to never see him again.

My phone pinged.

How come you never text back? X

I stared at the message from Daniel. I never texted back because I never knew what to say. Now I couldn't text back.

I locked my phone and turned back to Iona. I could get past this. Just a month more and I'd be back in Cambridge and I could look back at him as a delicious memory.

************

Saturday, December 22nd 2018

The house stank of cinnamon and Isabella was livid.

"Who the fuck put cinnamon infusions in every room? Do people not understand how overpowering that smell is? The guests are going to vomit!"

I came downstairs to find her storming around with arms full of cinnamon sticks. She was dressed to leave -- she had an appointment to have her hair and make-up done for the party -- but apparently this disaster would put everything on hold. It was amazing how in just over a month I knew her moods so well. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bag, coming back upstairs and taking the cinnamon off of her.

"Oh. Thank you, Ursula," she sighed. She was wiping her brow with the back of her hand. "I really don't know what to do. We're going to have to cancel." I considered telling her that there were bits of glitter all over the front of her jacket, but I just couldn't. I didn't want to lose my job.

"No no no," June came up the stairs, wiping her hands on her pinafore. "I have an old trick to get rid of odours. When you come back down the place will smell fine." June winked at me and I smiled back.

Mrs Redhurst nodded her thanks and quickly left, no doubt late for her appointments.

"What's the trick?" I asked June when the door had closed.

"Open some windows and pray to baby Jesus that it works," she rolled her eyes, making me laugh. For all I thought that I knew Isabella, June definitely knew her better.

I continued grinning as I helped June open the tall windows, sprinting around the house with air freshener.

The rest of the afternoon was a blur -- though the house had already been decorated, Frances came back and made a few tweaks. The dining room was set up like a buffet, the family room transformed into a small dancefloor, and the caterers were in and out non-stop, bringing food that had to be prepared here, food that had been prepared off site, a massive, five-tier Christmas cake that I was certain no one was going to eat.

I had almost no time to even think about Daniel. But on those rare moments when he slipped into my mind, my stomach flipped, and I felt nauseous.

I had made up my mind -- I had to tell Daniel, in no uncertain terms, that it was a onetime thing and he had to stop contacting me. Short of getting down on one knee and professing his undying love, there was nothing that Daniel would be able to do to change my mind. Even then, it would be touch and go. I couldn't lose my job -- I just had to remember that and things would be ok.

It was going to be an awkward few weeks, though. Hannah and Daniel were taking the upstairs guest bedrooms for the festive season and Allan's parents were sleeping in their usual room beside the kitchen. I was going to be living with him for the next eleven days or so.

I had almost gotten lucky -- Isabella and Allan had a fight about the fact that her parents, sister and brother-in-law always stayed in a hotel while his family got to stay here, but Allan won. I don't know what he said (I was passing by in the hall and, really, shouldn't have heard any of this), but Isabella admitted defeat. I did hear the words 'bat-shit crazy woman', but I don't know if he was talking about Isabella, her mother or her sister.

Either way, it didn't help me, and all too soon guests were due to arrive.

I was in my room, making last minute adjustments to my make-up. Isabella had told me not to dress too formally and, after I told her that I didn't really know what that meant, she had gifted me a tartan skirt that stopped mid-thigh.

"Just throw on a white turtleneck and you'll be fine," she smiled at me but was quickly engrossed in party details, effectively dismissing me.

I had done as she had said -- I wore the skirt with a white turtleneck, black tights and a pair of small heels. I had curled my hair, pinning half of it up and leaving the rest to lay around my shoulders, and applied my make-up as well as I knew how to. I looked good all things considered. Better than I usually did, anyway.

"Ursula?" June knocked on my door, peeking her head around. "Isabella is looking for you, love."

I smiled my thanks and got up to follow her.

"You look lovely," she gushed over me, hugging me. I giggled, hugging her back. I wanted June to adopt me.

We got to the bottom of the stairs where Isabella was inspecting Allan and the girls. June and I joined the line-up for inspection.

"Good, good, all fine," Isabella looked over us quickly. She looked stunning in a tight cream dress with a small sprig of holly pinned at the breast, and spiky black heels.

Allan looked as he always did, in a shirt and smart trousers, though I noticed he had tiny gold baubles as cufflinks, which made me supress a smile. I wonder if that'd been his idea or Isabella's? The girls were adorable -- they wore matching pink sparkling dresses and shoes, with little halos in their curly blonde hair.

"Alright, June -- you know your duties tonight," Isabella began with urgency. June nodded but Isabella repeated them anyway. "Answer the door and take the jackets into the study, until about 9 then you're free to do as you like -- is Pete coming?"

"Yes, he'll be here, don't worry," June smiled. Pete was her husband -- she'd promised to introduce us tonight. Apparently, he was a history nut as well and June thought we'd get along really well.

"Ursula -- the girls." I nodded. Isabella had gone over this several times and I was stuck between the idea that she didn't trust me and that she was just a complete over-thinker. I mean, I was an over-thinker, but Isabella was a whole new level. "They can stay up until 9.30 but no later. Sophie will fall asleep at about 8, but don't let her know that or she'll fight it," she whispered the last part to me, pretending to fix the neck of my jumper. "Alright, then," she spoke louder, finally smiling. "Battle stations, everyone!"

The girls ran immediately into the family room where the music was blaring, so I followed them. They danced like lunatics -- adorable lunatics, but crazy all the same.

"You'll have fun tonight," Allan said, coming up behind me. "Our Christmas parties are legendary."

He passed me a glass of champagne and I gave him a grin. "Oh yeah, we heard about them in Cambridge. I'll be bragging about my invitation for months."

"Oh, I know. Everyone does," he laughed. "Though some don't appreciate it. My brother and sister never show up until midnight at the earliest." I nodded as though I was indifferent, but inside I was relieved. More time for me to relax and less time having to avoid them both.

"Oh, I meant to say -- watch out for Isabella's dad, by the way. He can be a bit touchy when he's had a drink, and you're just his type," Allan grimaced. "And at about two, Izzy will attempt to make a speech -- if you see it before I do, come get me."

"Thank you for the warning. As for Isabella, unfortunately, I think I'll be in bed long before then," I laughed, though I was only half-joking. Since Iona had finished up for Christmas break on Thursday, I had been completely exhausted. I had thought that Sophie was a handful, but the two of them together was insanity. I grinned watching them they held hands, spinning in circles, screaming bloody murder.

"Don't be a grinch," Allan chuckled, elbowing me gently. "Aren't students supposed to be party animals?"

"Ah but you forget, I'm not a student anymore," I told him, taking a sip of the champagne.

"But still a party animal, I'd wager."

I almost chocked on my champagne, turning around as quickly as I could, smacking my elbow on the door frame in the process.

"Daniel! You're early," Allan pulled his brother into a hug. "I was just telling Ursula that you and Hannah don't normally show up until everyone is pissed."

"Oh, Hannah's not here yet. She's having dinner at a friends' I think," Daniel grinned at me.

I could feel myself heating up, already unable to make eye contact with him. Every part of him brought about memories. His lips on mine, his fingers pulling and twisting my nipples, his arms wrapped around my waist as his dick slid into me, pounding me into the kitchen counter. I wondered if he was thinking the same thing -- if he was thinking of my legs wrapped around him, of what my tongue would feel like sliding over his dick . . .

"Hey!" Allan suddenly exclaimed. "You two match!"

I was pulled out of my thoughts violently, looking at Allan quickly and then to Daniel. I could feel my face burning, but I didn't think about it much. He was right -- Daniel was wearing tartan trousers and a white shirt. I couldn't bring myself to laugh, but seriously, what were the chances? It was like Isabella had planned it.

"Well one of us is going to have to change," Daniel joked, winking at me. I still couldn't smile. I knew I hadn't gotten it out of my system the other day, but I thought I had dulled it a little, at least.

But no. The wetness was there, pulsing between my legs again. I'd never had this sort of reaction to a man before; it was almost frightening.

I drank the last of my champagne and gestured to my glass, backing away from the pair, indicating I was going to get more. Daniel's grin widened, as though he knew what my lack of manners was due to. He probably did -- I was surprised Allan hadn't guessed from my face. Instead he just stood smiling, watching me go for a second before he clapped Daniel on the back and started talking business.

I walked into the kitchen only to be ushered out again immediately by June. "No, no, you stay upstairs tonight," she grabbed me by the waist and spun me on the spot.

"I was just getting another drink," I laughed. She was so tiny I could overpower her easily. But you didn't just disrespect June like that, I had come to learn. Her word was law.

"Why do you think they've set up a bar in the dining room?" She asked me. "You're a guest tonight, behave like it!"

I frowned. I hadn't noticed the bar in the dining room. And, also, I wasn't a guest -- I was working tonight. I got an extra day off on Christmas Eve because of it.

I walked back up the stairs dejectedly, as June scurried past me at twice my speed. Where was I supposed to hide now?

Then it hit me -- it was so bloody obvious. The girls! They were my shield -- Daniel couldn't say anything inappropriate or touch me or anything in front of them, they'd tell. Also, it would be super weird and inappropriate. Hell, he couldn't even spell something out, Iona was old enough to know what he was spelling.

I began to smile. He was, of course, there at the top of the stairs, waiting for me.

"Sorry, can't talk," I spoke just as he opened his mouth, cutting him off. "Need to look after the girls." I waltzed past him and into the family room as June welcomed a huge group of people at the door. This was going to be easy.

************

Throughout the night I kept catching sight of Isabella and Allan. It was so clear that they loved one another. I kept catching Allan looking at Isabella as though she was an angel sent to grace his life. And for Isabella, it was in the small details -- the way she rolled her eyes when Allan put his arm around her waist, but she still smiled and leaned her head against him. It might not be a perfect marriage, but I was certain that it was pretty damn close.

For a while I mingled with people I didn't know, none of whom seemed to care I was the nanny. I danced with several men, none of whom elicited butterflies in my stomach the way that Daniel did whenever I caught him looking at me.

Unfortunately, both Sophie and Iona crashed at 8.30, long before I had hoped they would. I took them upstairs, and got them ready for bed, before tucking them in and saying goodnight.

They were both sleeping in Sophie's room tonight, just for the security of having each other. I stood outside the bedroom door, wondering what to do. If I went downstairs, I would have to deal with Daniel.

I sighed, resigning myself to my fate. But first, I thought I could avoid it for at least another half an hour by hiding in my room. If anyone asked, I would just say I was retouching my makeup.

I headed up, opened my door and felt my stomach drop. Was there no end to this?

"What are you doing in my room?" I whispered harshly, caught off guard.

"Admiring the view," Daniel smiled, gesturing to the window.

"Well go admire it somewhere else, you can't be up here."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realise." Daniel began to walk out the door, passing by me.

Wow, I thought. That was a lot easier than I thought-

The door clicked shut behind me, just as arms wound around my waist. "Why are you avoiding me?" Daniel asked, nuzzling his lips into my neck, making me gasp immediately. I tried to pull away, but his arms tightened around me. I was trapped.

"Because," I moaned. He didn't need to get down on one knee and profess he loved me, I realised. He just had to make me want him, which he did with such ease. "Daniel, please-"

"Do you want me?" Oh God yes, I thought, but I struggled away from him.

"I can't," I told him, pulling my neck away. "I'll be sacked if Allan and Isabella find out."

Daniel let me go, and I turned immediately, facing him. I wasn't going to risk turning my back on him again.