The Neighbour

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Make yourself at home."

I perched on the edge of an armchair. I felt like a child pretending to be an adult and looked around. It was the kind of place I wished ours was more like. We had too much that was old and it felt stale to the teenage me. I was sick of Schrieber and Avalon wall units. This was what I saw on telly. The modern, vibrant style of my generation. Or at least the ones a little older than me.

When Elaine crouched down to retrieve the hairdryer box from the understairs cupboard, her skirt pulled tight across her arse and hips. Stockinged thighs appeared where it rode up. Actual stockings, with a suspender belt. I could see the outline of a clip through the skirt. I forgot the room in an instant. I was tingling head to toe.

"Thank you ever so much for this."

"No problem."

She handed me the box and I saw my hands shaking as I took hold of it.

"Can I get you a drink while you're doing it? Lemonade or ... "

She turned back. There was a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"You're eighteen right?"

"Yeah. Birthday was in May."

"Mmm.

I have some beer if you like. But I don't want to get into trouble."

I grinned.

"Wow. Yeah. Only get that at Christmas in our house."

"Okay. I have some in the fridge."

I stood up.

"Can I use your table?"

She handed me a newspaper to spread out for my tools.

"Only a glass. Don't want your Mum accusing me of getting her boy drunk."

She split a can between two tumblers and took a seat at the end of the table but close enough I could smell her perfume.

"I don't drink often. But it's nice to have a small beer after work now and then.

Even better with company."

She watched me fumble with the plug. It was hard when I was shaking with nervous energy.

"Do you have many friends around?"

"No. No, not really. Since the divorce I've kind of ... just kept to myself."

That sounded a little said. But also music to my ears. It made me feel a little special to be sitting at her table. Even if it was as a handyman.

"I should learn how to do this myself really."

"It's easy. But you can always just ask me."

It only took minutes to fit the plug then I popped it into a socket and tested it. A momentary roar and a blast of warm air.

"Done."

"Thank you.

I can dry my hair again now. My old one went pop the other week. I have thick hair."

She ran her fingers through it, lifting the damp strands and letting them fall back.

"Takes ages to dry naturally.

"It's ... very nice hair." I said nervously, desperate to pay a compliment that wouldn't sound pervy.

It was. Long waves of rich dark brown that reached over her shoulders.

"You think so?

Thank you." She smiled warmly.

I picked my beer up and tasted it to cool the hot flush I felt in my cheeks. Refreshing.

"Nifty."

"So do you go out drinking with your mates, or a girlfriend?"

"Odd couple of times. That's it Costs money, and I'm still at school. At least for a few more weeks. And no. No bird ... er, girlfriend. Not yet."

"A good-looking lad like you. That's only a matter of time."

Wow. She thought I was good-looking.

"What are you studying?"

"English Lit, History and Maths.

Only History to take now.

Then I'll have to look for a job."

"Anything in mind?"

"Anything really. Dad says he can get me a job where he works. Probably do that for the time being.

Not sure what I want to do longer term. Thought about teaching but that means more college. Dad isn't keen. Thinks I should be working. He's a bit old-fashioned like that. Might try and find a route into management."

"You're a clever lad. I think you'll succeed at whatever you do. All I left school with was secretarial skills. A typing proficiency certificate and a sore bum from being caned too often."

Oh god. My head filled with images of her bent over. I took another mouthful of beer to calm myself.

"Got the slipper a couple of times for talking in class. Avoided the cane. Looked painful.

What did you do to deserve that?"

My voice was shaking.

"Bunking off school mostly. And I broke a window once, with a tennis ball.

And yes it was. My headmistress was a sadistic cow." She laughed.

"Bare bums until you hit twelve."

She said it so innocently without a clue how much it was making my dick leap around.

"I'm sure schools are a bit more civilised than in my day."

I did a quick calculation in my head. She'd have left the year I was born. No. School leaving age was fifteen back then, so nineteen sixty. Christ almighty. She'd already been working when I was born. I felt like a baby to this woman.

"Still has its tossers.

Our geography teacher, we called him Fanny face coz his mouth ..." I faded away for a moment, wishing I'd chosen a different example.

I saw Elaine's face screw up to suppress the grin as she realised what I was about to say.

I went on.

"He liked throwing the board rubber at people. Big block of wood. Could have given someone a concussion."

"We had a few like that. They were all old hags still living the Victorian age."

"Lot of younger teachers now. They're better. Not so strict."

She suddenly leaned forward with a keenness to hear about my school.

"School dinners?

What are they like?

Ours were sick. And you had to eat every last bit. Ew."

"Like that at juniors. But with the senior school, we had a choice. And no one bothered if you didn't eat it. We go to the Chippy at the precinct once a week as well. If it's not raining."

Elaine seemed genuinely interested in me, in my life. It was refreshing. And I felt more and more comfortable with her as we talked. And obviously, I was more and more infatuated.

I went up to my bedroom as soon as I got in. I was eighteen. Elaine had left me hot and flustered with a raging hard-on and I needed to do something about it with a desperation.

I lay on the bed in the dark, trousers down, and pumped one out. I felt a little guilty after. Elaine wasn't some TV character or a girl from the other school that I'd only seen from a distance and never spoken to. Like Kate.

She was a real person, with personality and feelings. And she'd been so very kind and friendly to me. Ridiculous, but I felt she mattered. She was more than an object to be wanked over.

After that encounter, I planned ahead. For a start, I took more care in choosing my clothes to look good. And the collection of potions near forgotten in my bottom drawer, presents from aunts and uncles over the past few Christmases, suddenly became of vital importance. I didn't miss a shave and splashed on liberal amounts of Old Spice or Hai Karate. No doubt it didn't go unnoticed by Mum and Dad, but they were only of secondary concern to me.

Over the next week or two I bumped into Elaine on several more occasions. Okay, not strictly true. What I did was engineer encounters by learning her pattern. The times she came home each day and making sure it coincided with me returning from wherever or just happening to be outside. Each time she spent a while chatting to me. Each time with me growing in confidence. I still struggled not to go red but the initial tendency for my voice to shake faded and I was more able to hold a conversation that didn't leave me sounding like a dork.

Once I even found her at the top of town and walked home with her. In truth, she found me on that occasion. I'd just come from school and popped into the shop for Mum to buy cigarettes. Not a habit I had but one she occasionally indulged in. Twenty Benson and Hedges and a disposable lighter. Dad smoked roll-ups but only at work or when he was in the garage.

"Kevin. Kevin."

I hadn't expected her to be there but she was behind me outside the tobacconist and saw me.

"Elaine."

That feeling of joy encompassed my whole body the moment I saw her.

"Hi. You heading home?"

She was almost running to catch up, her heels clicking on the pavement.

"Yeah. Just been in the shop for Mum."

She glanced at the cigarettes in my hand.

"Bad habit. Don't take it up."

"I don't intend to."

"Mind if I walk with you?"

"No.

I'd love it."

She was fresh out of work and looked smart. With my jacket and trousers I'd worn for school we looked like a couple of work colleagues walking along. It made me feel adult. As though I belonged with her.

"How was school?"

"Not much going on now. I only go in for the library. Revision. It's quiet and I get left alone."

"Soon be over. Then you'll be out in the big wide world like the rest of us."

The walk wasn't rushed and I found myself chatting naturally about nonsense. Elaine was relaxed. Laughing and making little jokes along with the occasional tease about me and having to work for a living.

Dad was there when we got home. He was just getting out of his car.

"Hello, Peter."

"Elaine." He greeted her rather curtly.

I also noted the glance he gave me. Questioning. Not approving.

"Kevin's been keeping me company. We bumped into each other at the top of the High Street." She said innocently.

"That's nice."

"Mum's cigs." I said holding the packet up for him to see.

"She'll be waiting for those.

He turned back to Elaine.

"Well, it's nice to see you again."

That was a bit dismissive I thought. I hoped Elaine hadn't noticed.

"What was that about?"

"Just ... not keen on her."

He said walking away from me.

"Why?"

"Doesn't matter."

Clearly, it did.

THREE

I did take a job at my Dad's workplace. Permanent six till two shifts leaving me with the afternoon and evenings free. I even started sooner than intended with them agreeing to allow me time off for my final exam the following week.

It was a plastics factory about a thirty-minute walk away. They made household goods. Buckets, bowls, that sort of thing. Wasn't the best job in the world and mostly involved packing and shrink-wrapping pallets.

At least it was away from the noise of the injection moulding machines and the dust. That was where Dad worked. A machine Setter that changed moulds and adjusted the settings. It paid an adult wage. I was taking home just over sixty pounds a week. Some of my friends were on half that. To me, it was a fortune I didn't even know how to spend.

I had taken my driving test last year, but I wasn't ready for the expense of a car just yet. Dad had taught me in his old Hillman Minx. There was no way I was being let near the Hunter though. I only got to wash that, which did come with one advantage. I got to be outside while Elaine was weeding her front flower beds.

I'd seen her from the landing window. Somewhere I couldn't avoid looking out from in the hopes of catching a glimpse of her. Sometimes I saw her in the kitchen at her sink. I could also see if she was at the bottom of the garden. And on this occasion, I saw her going around to the front with a small trowel and a bucket.

A few moments later and I had a bucket of warm water and a sponge. I saw her looking over a few times. Even smiled at me several times. I was ecstatic that she would even notice me.

She came over as I finished up.

"I'm not a gardener." She said.

"Pull the weeds when they appear and mow the lawn when I have to. That's me."

I dropped the chamois in the bucket.

"I do our lawn every week. Keeps me busy. I could do yours at the same time if you like." I offered keenly.

Her mouth screwed up as she stifled a grin and I wished I'd been a little more subtle. No way did she not know I fancied the pants off of her.

Her eyes looked past me.

"Nice car. Will your Dad let you drive it?"

"Not a chance. He taught me in his old one. But this is like the best car he's ever had. Twin Webbers. It's fast.

I wanted him to get a Rapier but Mum likes four doors."

"Don't know much about cars. Just know it looks posh.

I like the vinyl roof."

She leaned to look inside at all the clocks and wooden console. I was busy looking at her hair falling around her face, the tightness of her waist and the rounding of her arse. Better lines than any car.

Elaine stood up.

"Want to come inside for a drink?

It's warm out here and we both deserve a break."

My heart skipped a beat.

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Come on.

I think I can find another beer." She smirked.

"Go through. I bring the drinks."

Once more I was being invited into Elaine's inner sanctum. I knew she was only being kind but in the moment. I felt special. As though she really appreciated my company. I remembered her saying she didn't have friends around. And yet here I was again.

She came in carrying two glasses.

"I'll have to buy some more. Can't be giving you lemonade next time. I'm not your Mum so I won't be treating you like a six-year-old." She laughed.

My heart skipped a beat at thinking there would be a next time.

"Thank you."

I took the glass and sipped its contents. Yeah. I liked a lager.

Elaine had turned away from me toward her sideboard. I couldn't see what she was doing.

"You like the pop charts?"

I looked up at the wall clock. One of those modernist sunburst types.

"Yeah. Usually listen in."

Elaine turned back holding a battery-powered transistor radio. One of those smart Roberts ones in tan with a silver grill. She extended the aerial and adjusted the tuning. A moment later Amii Stewart was singing 'Light My Fire'.

As she put the radio down on the sideboard she started swaying to the music. I fixated on her hips gently swinging as she turned toward me. She saw me looking, but didn't stop.

"Long time since I danced."

"I'm not that good."

Her hand came out towards me.

"Oh come on. All those school discos. Can't believe that. And you can go to real ones now.

Join me?"

She looked amazing. How could I not?

Elaine held my hands and we stayed a little apart. It was decent. The sort of dance you had with your aunt at weddings, but we danced together. That was what was important to me. All the while with her smiling and watching me. I wanted to look down into her cleavage. I couldn't with her eyes on me.

"Not bad." She said checking out my foot movement.

"You have rhythm."

As Simon Bates cut in over the end of the track we broke apart and sat down again. Her on the sofa opposite with her legs crossed.

"Last time I went to a disco it was with my husband."

"What happened to him?" I asked nervously. I hoped it wasn't something bad.

"He er ... a few years ago he decided he preferred dancing with someone else.

Horizontal dancing mostly."

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's fine. I was done crying over it a long while back. I get by just fine. Don't need that tosser in my life. I have a good job in a solicitors. Only secretarial, but it pays well and keeps a roof over my head. Knowing the right people helped with keeping the house."

She laughed.

"He didn't think that one through too well."

"Your house is lovely."

I glanced around again to emphasise my appreciation.

"Thank you.

I like it. I want a new telly. Everyone has colour nowadays."

I glanced in the corner. An old black and white Murphy that stood on wooden spindle legs. One in each corner.

"We do. Only Christmas before last though. I remember seeing the Morecambe and Wise Show in colour for the first time. Amazing."

"Ha. They are so funny.

Maybe next year."

She sat back looking relaxed. Comfortable with me being there.

"No. I do okay.

It's just the little jobs I struggle with. My brother and his wife live over on the East Coast. They come over once a month and I pester him with everything.

I feel a bit guilty sometimes."

"No need now. You can just ask me." I said with growing confidence.

"Then I'd just be moving the guilt. I can't put on you all the while. And your Mum ..."

"Mum told me to come round and help."

Not exactly. She'd just said I could to stop Dad sneaking off. Perhaps that's why he was off with me the other day. Dad was jealous.

"I mean I want to anyway, but she's cool with it. Thinks I'm learning responsibility or something."

She smiled again. She was always smiling. I hoped it was because she liked me. I think she did.

"Well. I'll find some way to make it up to you."

Keep wearing tight jeans and those knotted shirts that show off your tits, was what I wanted to say. I didn't.

"No need. I like being helpful."

"Thank you. I appreciate that. We'll be good friends."

I was ecstatic at hearing that. My fantasies might be full of more exciting adventures, but friendship was an amazing achievement. Me a sixth former, well, not any more. And her, a mature, worldly-wise woman. That just didn't happen in real life.

"I'd like that."

Her eyes were checking out my face. I cursed my constant redness.

"So. Who do you want for number one?"

"Ha.

I like older stuff really. Slade, Mud. Glam Rock. That sort of thing. But today ... Sunday girl is my favourite at the moment I think. I like Blondie."

"Mmm.

Debbie Harry. Every schoolboy's fantasy."

Now I was beetroot and she saw it.

"Don't be embarrassed. She's gorgeous. Great taste.

I had a crush on Cliff Richard when I was your age. Had a poster on my wall and everything."

"No Debbie Harry poster."

"I'll get you one.

There. That's how I can say thank you."

I didn't see her again over the weekend, or into the week. Apart from glimpses I caught of her from the landing window in her kitchen across the drive. My evenings were spent watching TV with my parents which was lame, and banging one out in my bedroom. Yeah. I was a normal, frustrated teenager, except I had a head full of the sophisticated older woman to lust after.

With the summer weather breaking out I went swimming at the local lido with Lloyd after work on Wednesday. He just wanted to ogle the girls in truth.

"They're not opening this again next year."

"What do you mean?"

"Spending cuts. The council can't afford it.

This is the last season. Bummer."

Another change. A piece of my growing up being torn away.

We changed in little wooden cubicles that lined the sides of the pool then ran out to leap in the pool with the almighty splash that the signs specifically said don't do.

There had been a time I'd felt self-conscious in trunks. Puberty had been a bad time. I'd felt like a long streak of piss with hairs I didn't want. The past couple of years I'd developed quite a manly body. Athletic. I didn't feel embarrassed any more. It was Lloyd who looked lanky now.

I swam a couple of lengths before hooking my arms over the side rail and kicking my feet out to look around.

I did have to admit there were some nice girls. Seeing youthful bare legs running past me wasn't great for my dick. I kept to the water to hide my hard-on.

It was the older women I found myself looking at mostly. Those in their thirties. None of them looked as good as I imagined Elaine would in a swimsuit. I saw wobbly dimpled flesh on fat thighs, protruding stomachs and oversized tits that were intent on providing proof of gravity. They looked like a bunch of mothers. Is that what having children did?

One I saw didn't look bad. She was also the only one in a bikini. Strangely she was older. Probably forties or even as much as fifty. Older than Mum I reckoned, but slender and well-groomed. Not everyone deteriorated with age.

"You got a Mrs Robinson fixation?"

"What? No."

I turned my attention back to Lloyd where he was bobbing up and down in front of me.

"I saw you eyeing up that old bird. What's wrong with you when there's all these foxes around?"

"Nothing. I was just, looking around. That's all."

"Hey. What about that one over there? She keeps looking at me."

Lloyd was suddenly excited. He saw her tits and out came his inner Sid James.

"Coor. Look at those."

I saw the girl. She was in her late teens like us, wearing a psychedelic flower power swimsuit. Long dark hair that stuck to her face and shoulders in the water. She did have big tits. Hard to miss. Nice now, but I saw her future all around me.

123456...9