The Neighbour

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled as I made eye contact.

"It's me she looking at dude."

Lloyd saw it too, with some disappointment.

"Go chat her up. She wants it. I can tell."

She did look nice sitting on the edge of the pool kicking the water with her long legs. But faced with an actual prospect, my dick withered and died along with any thoughts of trying my luck with anyone who wasn't Elaine.

"Nah."

Lloyd looked at me in disbelief.

"Okay. If you don't want it, I do. You stick to your granny over there."

He kicked off with a splash, swimming backwards toward his target.

We walked back with our wet stuff in duffle bags, heading for home.

"No luck with the bird then?"

I'd already seen her complete lack of interest.

"Nah. Not my type when I got up close. You made the right choice there."

I didn't let him see me grinning. She'd just dismissed him and swam off. I did feel a little pride that it'd been me she was interested in even if I hadn't reciprocated it.

We reached the corner where we parted ways and Lloyd turned toward the Council estate.

"Check ya later."

"Bye."

I carried on until I came to my cyl-de-sac. Some guy was working on his Allegro a few doors down from us. Bonnet up and bits everywhere. He gave me a wave, obviously recognising his new neighbour.

"Hi."

Elaine's house was still empty as I walked up the drive wishing I was turning right rather than left into my own home.

"Hi, luv."

Mum was baking.

"What's that?"

"Victoria sponge. Your favourite."

I spied the bowl still waiting to be cleaned and snatched it away. Nothing better than homemade buttercream straight from the bowl.

"What's for tea?"

I ran my finger around collecting up the final scrapings of the sweet cake filling and licked it.

"Mash and mince."

I put the bowl down.

"Don't you ever think about doing something more ... I don't know. Modern? Like a curry?"

"Vesta. I have some in the cupboard.

I rolled my eyes.

"No. A real curry. Indian. Not that dried crap.

Or how about Lasagne? Or pizza?"

"That's not proper food"

"It is if you're Italian."

"Well. Here we have proper English food. When you get your own place you can cook whatever you want."

Waste of time trying to bring Mum out of the nineteenth fifties.

"I will. But I still want your Victoria sponge." I smiled before going to put my wet things in the laundry basket.

"Hope you didn't use all your ration coupons on the mince." I called back.

I didn't mind mince. It was when Dad insisted we have lamb's hearts I wanted to puke.

Mum and Dad came from a generation that had grown up through the war and still retained that mindset. Don't waste food. Make do and mend. Perhaps the world changing around me wasn't all for the worse.

FOUR

Oh my freaking ...

I think my mouth dropped open at the sight of Elaine. Nothing more than a towel around her. Another wrapped her hair. What a babe. My face flushed.

I'd gone round to hers as we'd arranged the day before. Another little job she needed doing that I'd eagerly jumped at.

"Sorry. I'll come back later."

"Don't be silly. Come in.

My fault. I was late home and needed a bath. Gets sweaty in the office in the warm weather."

To my amazement, it was as if she had no understanding of just how close to naked she was in my mind.

"If you want to start I'll just get dressed."

"Okay if I turn the power off?"

She pointed to the small cupboard with the telephone and a spider plant.

"In there."

It only took a second to flick the main switch, then I followed her up the stairs with my eyes fixed on her thighs below the towel. With each step, it rode higher until it sat just below her bum. It was an incredible sight that had my blood pumping in my ears.

"It's that one."

She pointed at a socket just next to the airing cupboard.

"It's been like it for ages. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Makes it hard to hoover the landing.

Do you think is something simple?"

"Soon find out."

I sat down, noticing her bare feet. Even they were perfect. I forced myself to take a screwdriver out and start removing the socket. Concentrate. Concentrate. It was hard when I could smell the freshness of her bathing and the smooth skin of her legs was just the reach of a hand away.

"I really am grateful for this."

"Friends. Remember."

I felt adult. For a moment I could imagine being her husband. Just a normal couple with me doing jobs around the house, just like Dad.

"I'm just going to pop and get dressed quickly."

"Okay. This shouldn't take long."

She left the bedroom door open as I set to work, talking as she dressed.

"I really don't know how to thank you. You've been a godsend since moving in next door."

"It keeps me busy. I like doing odd jobs like this. Learnt it all from my Dad."

I glanced around and almost shot my load in my pants. Through the open door, I saw Elaine naked from the back as she took something from her wardrobe. It was only for an instant before she vanished from sight but in it, time froze. I saw her perfect legs rising to a rounded arse. The tightening of her waist and then the widening of her shoulders where wet, dark brown hair hung. And as she moved, a hint of her side boob.

I was a shaking mess when she emerged fully dressed a few moments later. Getting the screw to bite into the socket plate was a battle as my hands trembled.

"Did you find the problem?"

My problem was in my pants. I couldn't stand up without my dick pressing out through my trousers.

My voice reverberated as I answered.

"It was a loose wire. Could have caused a fire. Should be fine now."

"Oh thank god for that. I thought I might be in for an expensive bill. Again. I don't know how to thank you."

I did. But I knew it wasn't going to happen.

"Come downstairs. I'll make tea."

I stood up because I had to. My dick was uncomfortable. Hard and awkwardly placed but I couldn't stay sitting on her landing floor forever. My cheeks burned when her eyes flicked to my groin. She knew. She hesitated just a moment too long for her not to. Oh, Jesus. And now my face was red.

To her credit, Elaine didn't embarrass me. She just turned and went down the stairs while I followed immediately behind trying to think unsexy thoughts.

That didn't last long. I stood in the doorway as she put the kettle on. Her jeans were wide at the bottoms but tightened higher up becoming a second skin on her hips and bum. With the tight striped top accentuating her boobs and small waist, her arse was a rounded peach I couldn't avoid studying.

"Oh. I almost forgot. I got you something."

She handed me a rolled-up poster from where it sat on her dining table.

"What's this?"

"Unroll it.

That's why I was late. I had to pop into Athena's on the way home for it."

It was Debbie Harry, looking demure and wearing very little. Just a baggy tee shirt. One gorgeous long bare leg was lifted at the knee in front of her while the other was folded under her. It was so lifelike I could have run my fingers along that thigh.

"Wow. That's bangin."

"As promised. A poster for your bedroom wall.

That should get the teenage blood pumping."

I couldn't look at her. In my mind, she'd all but told me to wank to it.

"She's the same age as me you know."

I hadn't known that. To me, Debbie Harry was just a beautiful young woman. An object of desire. Age wasn't something I'd ever thought about watching her singing Denis Denis on Top of the Pops in that short red dress and boots that came up over the knees.

"The older woman every young man dreams about." Elaine grinned as she made the tea.

Debbie Harry wasn't the older woman I dreamt of. At least not any more.

"Thank you. It's lovely."

"Do I get a hug?"

That was beyond my wildest dreams, but I was like a stiff board as I stood with my arms around her. It was only for a second. But long enough for me to breathe in the smell of her wet hair, her perfume and to feel the press of her tits against my chest. And having my hands around her, feeling the cusp of her bra had my dick as hard as rock. Much as I didn't want it to end I was glad it did, before she noticed my youthful excitement.

Annoyingly, my face flagged it up anyway. My cheeks were prickling when we parted. Thanks for that Mother Nature.

"Come and sit down in the front room."

She carried the tea through and put it on the Coffee table. I took a seat in the armchair while Elaine seemed to spread over the sofa. Almost a pose.

"Denis. Was my favourite." She said.

"Oh Denis. I'm in love with you.

Denis, Denis. Oh with your eyes so blue."

Her voice oozed sex appeal before she burst out laughing, momentarily lifting her feet from the floor.

"Sorry. I can't remember the words properly."

I smiled.

"Sounds about right to me.

Great voice. You, I mean."

"Ha. I was in the school choir. But I can't sing like Debbie Harry."

"I don't know. I can see you on Top of the Pops."

What I could see, was Elaine in Debbie's dress with those smooth thighs showing beneath it. I sipped my tea.

"Do you think I'd look as good in her clothes?"

Oh crikey. She could read minds. Was that a Wonder Woman power? Please, please don't have the Lasso of Truth hanging around anywhere.

"Definitely."

What else could I say? I was shaking. Sweat was breaking out on my forehead and I tried so hard to think of anything but Elaine.

"I generally like older music mostly." I said trying to move the conversation to safer ground.

"Glam rock and sixties stuff. That sort of thing."

"Mmm. Good taste.

No Cliff Richard or Elvis?"

"Some of it. Elvis is amazing especially."

"I might let you look through my record collection sometime. That's an evening activity for when the nights draw in."

My main take from that was that I would be a welcome guest long into the future. All I wanted to hear.

"Tea's ready."

Mum's voice came echoing through the glass door to the living room. I was preoccupied.

"Five minutes." I called back as I ran upstairs.

Tossing the poster onto the bed, I darted to the bathroom, bolting the door behind me.

"Sorry, Debbie. Your turn will come."

I dropped my bell bottoms to my ankles and gripped my hard dick. I didn't waste time. Just a fast, furious tugging until, holding my breath to stay silent, I shot my load into the hand basin. Images of Elaine's naked back and the feel of her against my body filled my head.

"Uhhh."

Spunk is a pain to wash away. It sticks to the porcelain like glue so I had to wipe it with toilet paper. I cleaned up and washed my hands before going back down.

"What are you doing up there? It's getting cold." Mum muttered as I took my seat at the table.

"Sorry. I had to fix a broken socket for Elaine. Had a bit of wire stuck in my finger."

I lied.

"You're spending a lot of time with Elaine." Dad said with a questioning look.

"Am I?"

"Yeah. You're always round there. Beginning to think you've moved in."

"Oh leave him alone." Mum said.

"He's just helping out."

"Could try helping out around here."

"I do. And she's just nice to talk to." I offered.

"Mmm."

I hated nature. Too many things I couldn't control. A hard dick at inconvenient times was one. Another was my blushes.

"You should be talking to girls your own age. Not some..."

"She's just a friend." I said sharply.

"Friend? Really."

I stared at him as I grasped his problem. I saw why he had been so offish with her that day we'd walked home together.

"Jesus wept, chill out. She's way too old for me Dad. Don't be so lame."

"Not that old she can't turn heads."

"Peter."

Mum looked annoyed. I wasn't sure if it was because Dad had noticed how gorgeous our neighbour was, or if she was disgusted at his insinuation.

I ate my pork chop and mash in silence.

We finished dinner just in time for Top of The Pops. I stayed downstairs and watched that wishing I had a TV in my room. Craig had talked about getting one. He had the cash for a down payment saved and his mum was going to act as a guarantor for a hire purchase agreement. I wasn't keen on having a debt, but now I was earning it was something to consider. Or just save up.

I had other priorities occupying my mind though. Fantasies of spending my evenings with Elaine. I bet she ate Pizza or curries occasionally. She was modern and adventurous. I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to be her friend. More than that, even though I knew it was just the crazy thoughts of a teenager with a near-permanent boner.

In one of the boxes under my bed were my old books. Ones I felt were childish but still couldn't bring myself to throw away. Annuals and Alfred Hitchcock's The Three Investigators. And there, under a hardback copy of The Hobbit was what I was looking for. A Bruce Lee book from when the karate craze had gripped the nation a few years ago. I remembered Carl Douglas gyrating on TV while singing 'Everybody was Kung Fu fighting. Those cats were fast as lightning'.

At thirteen I was going to be a martial arts expert. Six months later I wanted bionics like Steve Austin. A quick operation and nuclear batteries seemed less effort to my simplistic thinking at the time.

I flicked through the pages wondering how toned and muscular I'd look now if I'd kept up with the exercises. I was going to start again right now. I'd make myself into a man that Elaine wouldn't be able to resist. I'd be strong and agile, muscular. Okay. I wasn't going to be running at sixty miles an hour like the Six Million Dollar Man, but I would make myself look good for her.

Oh well. No time like the present. I stripped to my pants and refreshed myself with the basic exercises.

FIVE

I cut Elaine's lawn the next day. In fact, I couldn't get home fast enough to dig out the lawnmower. I had to do ours first which was frustrating, but then I was across the drive to do the front.

When I got to the back garden I received my reward. Elaine was there, standing in the doorway, looking on with those blue eyes of hers.

"Hi Kev."

She was wearing wide denims and a rich flowery vest that seemed to cup her tits and lift them toward a wide, plunging neckline. I trembled with excitement.

"Hello, Elaine.

I've already done the front garden."

"Thank you.

Do you want tea or a cold drink?"

"Tea's fine."

"Okay. It'll be ready for when you finish."

Dad's new Flymo was easy. It just floated over the lawn. Before, we'd had a noisy, smelly old petrol thing. Too heavy and needed pushing. I'd used it because I didn't know there was anything better. And I did kind of like tinkering with it each spring.

This one was electric. It hovered just like the thing we'd crossed the channel on a few years earlier. Just wow. So much quicker, which was important when my real intent was to spend time with Elaine.

"All done."

I let it hover into the drive ready to be stowed away in the garage and threw the cable after it. I went back to Elaine. She'd put out two chairs and a little fold-up table where the sun would catch us.

"Sit down. You deserve a rest. She went inside for a moment before coming back with two mugs of steaming hot tea.

I could see the rise of her creamy flesh when she leaned forward to set them down. It was hard not to just stare down her top.

"Sorry about yesterday." She said taking a seat.

I was confused.

"About what?"

"I embarrassed you. I didn't mean to."

"Not your fault. I kinda liked it."

Christ. I hope she was referring to the hug. She couldn't know I'd seen her in the bedroom. Could she?"

"Just that I'm not used to talking to girls. Especially ones who hug me."

I added quickly to make it sound more innocent. I gave a nervous laugh

"I also said something about Debbie Harry I shouldn't have."

She smiled. It was almost as demure as the great Debbie herself.

"After so long ... I can't help but tease, flirt, sometimes. And I forget you're only eighteen."

Forget. Have amnesia. Please.

"It's fine. We're friends. Remember."

Now she looked at me straight on.

"Yes. Yes, we are."

I sipped my tea.

"Did like the hug though."

I managed to say that without going red. I was impressed with myself.

"Hmm.

More practice needed perhaps."

Oh, Lord God. Yes, please.

"Why haven't you got a girlfriend?"

I just stared. Shocked by the question. I hadn't expected that.

"I mean. You're one very attractive young man. I thought all the girls your age would be queuing up."

"I went to an all-boys school. Don't really know how to talk to girls."

"You talk to me okay."

"Yeah, but you're ...."

"Old?"

"Older."

"Thirty-three." She smiled.

"Not past it yet."

"No. You're not."

Had I really just said that out loud? And with such a heavy breath? I coloured again.

Elaine didn't react.

"I had my first boyfriend at around your age. Loads at school but my first proper one, if you know what I mean, was when I was eighteen.

Oh, Jesus I so did know what she meant. I hated the lucky bastard already.

"Probably should have stayed with him. Robert didn't work out so well."

"What about now? Anyone about to swoop in and steal all my DIY jobs?"

"No. Hasn't been anyone since my husband."

For a moment she looked wistful.

"I miss ..."

She laughed and reached for the chocolate.

"Never mind. That's not talk I should have with you. I promised myself I wouldn't embarrass you today."

The snap of a Cadbury's bar brought me out of my daze.

"Thank you."

Holy shit. She was frustrated. Please, please have that talk with me, I screamed in my head.

Her fingers brushed mine as I took my half of the chocolate.

"Thank you for cutting the grass. I hate doing it."

"Book it in your diary as a regular thing. Only takes a few minutes more."

"You're very good to me."

Craig invited me round to see his new TV the morning of the Carnival. His parents were out, probably already in the high street or at the park. It was a nice day and I expected it would be busy.

"Come on up."

Shelia was in his bed when I went into his room. My jaw dropped at the sight of her. She looked ... Well, she was lounging in bed with her hair a mess. She looked exactly what she was. Freshly shagged. I could kind of smell it. Not repulsive or overly pungent. Just a hint of sweat and warm perfume that pervaded the room.

I glanced at Craig. He didn't seem to care. He was too busy with his other new toy.

"Hello, Kev."

I raised an eyebrow knowing she was naked under the sheets.

"Shelia."

"Never mind her. Look at this. It has Teletext and everything."

The TV did look good. A twenty-two inch Pye with a teak casing. I took the remote, marvelling at being able to change the channel without having to reach over to it.

"Ours has a remote. But it's on a cable. No one wants to get it out."

"Press Text."

The future came alive with big colourful blue and yellow graphics.

"Fab isn't it?

News, weather, even got a motoring page."

I glanced around his room. I hadn't been there in a while and there'd been some subtle changes. It was more adult. Evidence of his childhood was hidden away as he played at being the Casanova with Shelia. Even his collection of Doctor Who and Gerry Anderson annuals had disappeared from sight.

Most of the posters had also gone. Just his prized possession of Farrah Fawcett posing with her tits poking through a tee shirt remained. I guess Shelia didn't mind the competition.

"You need one of these now you're earning money."

I turned my attention back to the TV.

"Maybe.

I don't watch much telly. More interested in a Marantz hifi stack."

"Nifty."

"Big Wharfedale speakers?"

"Or Mission."

"Even better.

My brother has a set in his pad down in London. They're freaking stellar."

123456...9