The Nephalem Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

" I will stay here until it is safe to travel to the continent. I have hideaways there and I might be able to call upon friends if the coven moves against me." Elric looked into the snow-filled air.

"This will be hard on Gin. She cannot return to her life. She is too vulnerable and too special." Malik announced.

"Special?" Elric knew that Gina was not an average humankind woman.

"She has Astarte in her bloodline, her ancestors were walking in the early time, when the Fall had been fought and humankind was gifted this earth, from God." Malik looked at Elric. The presence of even a thimble full of Astarte blood was of huge import. Gina, a descendant of the tribes of humankind that walked the land bridges before the great sea made the world as it is now, meaning that she had magick flowing in her veins.

"What? She possesses magicks?" Elric was shocked. All his life, he desired the power of magical knowledge but now there was Gina, with a natural ability, she knew nothing of them.

"Elric, there are many humankind with untapped magicks, this woman doesn't even know about them and cannot tap into them. She will rest now for a few hours. Elric, this is most important that you understand, she has been manipulated at a cellular level and those who had wrought this deception will hunt her down. She must be kept safe from their hands to prevent them from raising n army in the name of a First One, either that or kill her now."

The words stabbed through Elric like an icy blade. "Kill her?" Elric echoed the words.

"Elric, my son you must understand that if she can be transformed to resemble a first one and a child proclaimed as the banner for other Nephalem to follow, it would be the end of us or even worse the end of all life. The ultimate betrayal of God's plan. I will leave in the next few hours, after a rest and you must make your way to safety. Hear me, my son I cannot help you further in this as my blade took rust many years ago." Malik smiled but then unexpectedly embraced his son.

"Father, I thank you and honour your advice, with all my heart." Elric's words were smothered by the cold night air and the winds that had increased in the last hour or two.

"The winds have answered my call and the blizzard will mask my departure and cover any tracks. Elric, you must prepare yourself and be ready to leave soon. The Patriarch will not rest." Malik went inside and Elric followed. He asked Elric to take the sleeping Gina to her bed and then flopped on the couch.

"I will be gone by the dawn's early light. Goodbye, my son. I pray you will be safe."

"Farewell Father, I wish you peace and keep yourself safe." Elric looked over his shoulder as he settled on the couch.

"Leave me the fire, I find it comforting." Malik's trialled away in his exhaustion.

As Elric closed the door, he knew he would never see his father again,

End of Chapter Three.

12