The New Roommate

Story Info
A nerd takes in a beautiful roommate which leads to romance.
12.7k words
4.77
63.5k
144
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jay142
Jay142
3,614 Followers

Marcus was in his senior year of college living off-campus in his own apartment. He was an introverted young man, who some would call a geek, that had a full-ride academic scholarship. Marcus was using the money in his college fund that his parents had been saving for his entire life to help pay his living expenses off campus. Having a roommate also gave him some financial breathing room Although he technically didn't have to work, he had a well-paying part-time tech job, working from home, and would be joining that company full-time after graduation. Marcus' previous roommate gave him late notice that he wouldn't be returning to school which left Marcus scrambling. He let some people know that he had an extra bedroom to rent in a nice apartment complex and word began to spread.

A friend of a friend told Miranda that Marcus had a room to rent. She had graduated last year and was living with her boyfriend but they had a messy breakup after she caught him cheating. Miranda was devastated and heartbroken since she thought she had met the love of her life, her soulmate, and they even had conversations about possibly getting married someday. The lease for the apartment was in her boyfriend's name and she needed a place to live, like yesterday.

Miranda was told that Marcus was a nice guy, a real introvert, and kind of geeky so she wouldn't have to worry about moving in with a guy that would try to get her into bed. She could trust him to be a gentleman without the risk of any emotional involvement. She was reluctant to move in with a male roommate, especially someone she had never met before, but she was desperate and reached out to Marcus to meet him.

Marcus wasn't sure about wanting to live with a girl. While it may sound nice, he was always awkward around females and his ideal roommate was a male with similar interests as he. Out of courtesy to his friend, Marcus agreed to at least meet with Miranda. When Miranda arrived at the apartment, both she and Marcus were nervous. She felt as though she was on a job interview and had to make a good first impression. He was always anxious around women and found it difficult to engage in a conversation with them. Miranda was hoping and praying the apartment was as nice as she had heard and would still be available.

When Marcus opened the door, he saw an absolutely lovely, Miranda who was about 5'8" tall with beautiful deep blue eyes, and sandy blonde hair. She had that "girl next door" look about her. She was wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, and sandals and her weight seemed to be in proportion to her height. Miranda's beauty made Marcus even more nervous. Miranda's first impression of Marcus is exactly what she expected, as he is just over 6' tall, with brown hair, brown eyes, thin, and wearing glasses. He wasn't the big, athletic type Miranda usually fell for which made her feel more comfortable. It relieved her of any pressure to have to deal with any romantic entanglement so soon after a bad breakup.

"Hello, I'm Miranda."

"Hi, I'm Marcus."

"Hello, Mark, nice to meet you."

"My name is Marcus."

"Oh, sorry about that. Nice to meet you, Marcus."

Miranda wanted to kick herself for starting their meeting by calling him by the wrong name. Marcus invited her in and they began to chat as he showed her around the apartment. The place was immaculate and it was obvious that Marcus was a neat freak. That concerned her because she could be a little messy but she told herself she could change if she had to. The apartment was in a newer complex not far from the university and was built with students in mind. It had a decent-sized kitchen with a small dining area and an island that separated it from the living room. Marcus had a large-screen TV, and a workspace off to the side where he did his work. There was a balcony off the living room too. The second bedroom was large with plenty of closet space and a view of the campus. She loved it but still wasn't sure about Marcus.

After the tour of the apartment, they sat in the living room and talked with one another. Miranda explained her situation and the need to find a place quickly. She said she had plenty of savings in the bank to pay her share of the rent and any security deposit he wanted. Miranda worked at a local bank in their IT department doing tech support but wasn't writing code like Marcus but they had something in common. Other than that, the two of them didn't have a lot in common. They spoke for about forty-five minutes and then there was an awkward silence.

Miranda could see Marcus contemplating his decision. He didn't have to give her an answer right away but the other potential male roommates didn't seem like a match for him. Miranda gave Marcus her best puppy dog sad eyes and he made a decision he hoped he wouldn't regret.

"When do you want to move in?"

"Really? Oh, thank you. Thank you. You won't regret this, I promise. Can I move in tomorrow? I don't have much stuff. It's mostly my clothes."

"I guess tomorrow is okay."

Marcus gave Miranda her own code to the keypad on the door and she electronically transferred her share of the rent and security deposit so there was no doubt about Marcus getting paid. She gave Marcus a big hug on the way out which made him feel uncomfortable but that was only his anxiety momentarily taking over. He wasn't used to having a lovely woman in his arms and feeling her breasts pressing against his chest.

When Marcus sent a message to his best friend, Alex, his friend couldn't believe he had a girl roommate moving in the next day. He said he was so lucky and maybe Marcus would even get to have sex with her. Marcus said that was highly unlikely seeing she was so pretty and clearly out of his league. However, he was intrigued by the thought of having a female living with him. Maybe she had a friend that would find him attractive. He then hoped he made the right decision.

The next day, a Saturday, Miranda began to move in mid-morning. She was wearing a sports bra and jean shorts. Marcus' attention was immediately drawn to her chest, bare abdomen, curvy ass, and sculpted legs. Her friend, Barb, was helping her along with a couple of male friends who brought in her bed and a couple of dressers. Marcus couldn't believe the number of clothes Miranda was bringing in. He was dumbfounded by the boxes upon boxes of shoes she had. He was fighting back a panic attack when Miranda started asking where to put her stuff in the bathroom. She had more personal care items than he had ever seen outside of a store. He was beginning to wonder if he made a mistake letting a female move in but it was too late now. She made things better by saying she'd keep most of it in her room until she needed it.

Alex coincidentally dropped by the apartment as Miranda was moving in and even helped carry a couple of boxes for her. Alex told Marcus how lucky he was to have a beautiful roommate but Marcus told him to calm down. Nothing was going to happen. Alex was checking out Barb, too. Barb wasn't as attractive as Miranda but she wasn't bad looking either. She had smaller breasts and a butt that wasn't as curvy so Alex suggested Marcus get to know her better too. Marcus was getting annoyed with Alex and told him to stop acting like an immature teenager. He had a new roommate, nothing else.

After everyone had left in mid-afternoon, Miranda spent time getting her room organized and getting to know Marcus better. They acknowledged how odd it was to be living together after only one meeting but Miranda promised to make it work. They talked about their morning schedules for using the bathroom, buying groceries, and having friends over among other things. Miranda could tell Marcus was a touch obsessive-compulsive and did her best to reassure him she try not to disrupt his lifestyle too much. The conversation helped Marcus relax but he was still uneasy having a new person in his apartment.

Miranda was a very pleasant young lady with a heart-warming smile, a goofy laugh, and gorgeous eyes. Marcus couldn't understand how anyone could cheat on her. He also tried not to stare at her shapely bare legs and well-rounded ass. He even was drawn to her perfectly manicured toes with red painted nails. Marcus even thought that having a female roommate might make him more comfortable being around the opposite sex. His discomfort around women and his lack of confidence always made him reluctant to even engage in a conversation with them.

The one thing Miranda liked about Marcus was his awkwardness because that made him genuine rather than some of the phony guys with a false bravado she dated in the past. It also comforted her that he wasn't going to try to get her into his bed. He may be quirky but he was a nice guy and a gentleman. Marcus wasn't bad looking either, once you got past his style of clothing and his thick glasses. He may have been cerebral, shy, and had a dry sense of humor but he was an overall nice guy.

After a long day of getting settled, Miranda asked Marcus if he wanted to go to dinner and grab a drink at a local sports bar a couple of blocks away but he declined. It's not that he didn't want to go, it was due to the fact that he was a social introvert and his instinct was not to socialize with anyone other than a couple of close friends. He knew he had to change but it was difficult for him. Marcus did want to go but his anxiety made it difficult for him. Miranda sensed his deep, deep desire to go out with her and pressed him a couple of times.

"If you don't go to dinner with me, what were you planning on doing?"

"I don't know, heat something up in the microwave and play some video games online with some friends."

"Oh my god, Marcus, it's Saturday night. We're not going on a date. It's just two hungry people having dinner. I'll tell you what, we'll go to dinner and I promise I'll have you home in time to play video games. You were so nice to me by letting me move in with you that I'll even buy you dinner so now you have no excuse."

Marcus' anxiety was peaking, but Miranda gave him that pleading look with her sad eyes, and he reluctantly agreed. It was a minor victory for both of them. Miranda changed into a black v-neck t-shirt and a mini jean skirt. She went without a bra because she'd been moving and unpacking all day and wanted to be comfortable. Her nipples poked out slightly through her top. Her skirt wasn't that short but it still showed off her long shapely legs and she wore her sandals. Miranda didn't put on any makeup and had her hair pulled back in a ponytail. Marcus wore his typical button-down dress shirt with his kakis.

Before dinner, Marcus was pretty stiff but he loosened up after he had a beer and became more comfortable talking to Miranda. They talked about their past relationships and what went wrong. Marcus had one long-term relationship of nine months that ended when his girlfriend broke it off to date other people. It left him hurt and with less confidence than before. He admitted his shyness around women. Miranda promised to help him out with that. She told Marcus about her relationship and how she thought they were going to get married when she caught her boyfriend cheating on her. She was devasted and told Marcus she wasn't going to date for a while because she had trust issues and always seemed to find Mr. Wrong rather than Mr. Right.

"I can't imagine anyone cheating on you Miranda. You're so pretty, why would he do that?"

"Thank you for the compliment, that was sweet of you and I can't answer your question. I'm trying to figure it out myself."

They also talked about what they wanted to do with their future careers, their crazy families, and random topics. They were conversing so well, they ended up having several beers and enjoying each other's company. It was quite a breakthrough for Marcus. All through the night, he was trying his best not to stare at Miranda's nipples but they were sticking out so much from the cool air conditioning in the restaurant, it was difficult for him not to look. Miranda knew he was checking out her unencumbered breasts but figured he was harmless and it made her feel good to have the attention of a man, albeit a geek but it was safe fun.

When they got home, Miranda went straight to bed. It was a very busy and stressful couple of days between finding a place to live, packing, moving, and saying her final emotional goodbyes to her ex-boyfriend. She thanked Marcus again for renting her a room and kissed him on the cheek before going to her room. He stared as she walked away, marveling at her long legs and the tick-tock twitch to her ass in her mini skirt. Marcus went to his room and rubbed one out thinking of his new roommate in her short skirt and nipples poking through her top. When he was done, he thought living with a female roommate might be more difficult than he first thought but for reasons he never imagined.

Miranda spent Sunday getting herself organized and going grocery shopping while Marcus went to a friend's house and came home just before dinner time. They ended up cooking together and after dinner, Marcus went to his workstation to study while Miranda was getting ready for work the next day. Marcus was distracted by seeing Miranda paint her fingernails and found it difficult to concentrate on his studies when she began to paint her toenails. He had a slight foot fetish that he kept secret and seeing his roommate applying nail polish to her toes was a benefit of having a female roommate that he never considered. Miranda noticed Marcus looking over at her from time to time and even inquired if anything was wrong but he told her everything was fine. He continued to glance over at Miranda's long, slender legs and bare feet while trying to keep his attention on his studies.

The next morning Miranda was getting ready for work when Marcus came out of his bedroom. He saw her wearing a business suit with a white blouse. He took notice of her bra underneath her blouse and her above-the-knee skirt. What particularly caught his attention was her pantyhose-encased legs and feet. Her hose had a slight glimmer to them which served to draw his eyes to her legs. His eyes followed her around the apartment as she scrambled to gather her backpack. Miranda told Marcus she'd be home around 5:30 if he wanted to have dinner together. He barely heard a word she was saying as she sat down on the sofa, her skirt rising further up her thighs. She crossed her legs with her ankle resting on her knee to put on her shoe which gave Marcus a great view of her upper thigh and the cotton gusset of her pantyhose. He got another view up her skirt as she put on her other shoe before rushing out the door.

Marcus spent the day attending a couple of classes then doing homework and working his job. He spent most of the day at his computer. When Miranda got home, she was exhausted. Not only was it a busy weekend because of the move but it was also emotionally draining by ending a chapter in her life and starting a new one. She kicked off her high heels and sat back on the sofa to decompress. Miranda put her feet up on the coffee table which aggravated Marcus but he didn't say anything because he was hypnotized by Miranda's pantyhose-covered legs and feet. Her skirt rode up on her legs revealing her thighs. What he noticed was the hose didn't have reinforced toes which gave him a clear view of her deep red painted toenails. Miranda's calves were shapely and she had muscle definition in her thighs. In Marcus's view, his new roommate had perfect legs.

From that day forward, Marcus tried to make sure he was awake as Miranda was getting ready for work or was there when she got home. She was a pretty young woman to begin with, but she looked even better with her hair styled and makeup on. While her work attire wasn't sexy, she still looked great while dressing professionally. That can also be an attractive look while still being professional. A camisole with lace trim or a lace bra underneath a white blouse will always draw a man's attention.

As the roommates got more accustomed to each other, the more relaxed they became in the presence of one another. Miranda familiarized herself with his quirks and Marcus was becoming more comfortable talking to a woman and wasn't as anxious as before. Miranda was enjoying living with Marcus because she didn't see him as a potential suitor so she could also relax around him. There wasn't the fear of a romantic entanglement between them and they became friends. They often did things together such as making dinner, grocery shopping, and occasionally catch a movie together.

Miranda would almost force Marcus to socialize more. When she went out with her friends she would invite him along. He refused at first even though deep down he wanted to go with her but his anxiety and shyness stopped him. However, as time went on Miranda eventually convinced him to come with her. One Friday night after a long week at work, she was meeting up with some friends for some drinks and Marcus declined her invitation to join them.

Miranda told Marcus, "Get your coat, I'm not going to let a single guy in his early twenties sit around the apartment all by himself on a Friday night. That just isn't right. "

She could see he was contemplating what to do and she told him, "Hurry up, let's go. If you aren't having fun, just say you aren't feeling well and you can leave."

Marcus huffed like he was a frustrated child but he did what Miranda told him and got his coat. The restaurant was within walking distance of their apartment and she knew that Marcus was anxious so she tried to reassure him that he had already met Barb and her other friends were really nice. Miranda's friends had a booth off to the side and she could sense Marcus getting tense as they approached them but he was trying to be better.

For the first hour, Marcus was pretty quiet and only spoke when Miranda tried to draw him into the conversation. He has a very dry sense of humor and after a couple of drinks, he made an off-the-cuff comment that drew the laughter of everyone at the table. He seemed to relax after that, it made him feel part of the crowd. He appeared to enjoy the rest of the evening without much anxiety. On the way home, he admitted to Miranda that he had a good time and thanked her for inviting him. She was proud that she could help him come out of his shell for one night.

When they got back to the apartment, Marcus asked Miranda if she was going to go straight to bed. She took that as a hint that he wanted her to stay up so she said she'd probably watch a little TV first.

"We could watch something together if you like."

"Sure, Marcus. I'd rather watch something in the living room on the big screen rather than on my laptop anyway. I want to change first though."

Miranda was feeling more comfortable around Marcus and changed into a simple oversized rose-colored v-neck sleep shirt that came down to her mid-thigh. It wasn't sexy at all other than the fact that it was obvious that she wasn't wearing a bra by the way her breasts jiggled when she walked. Marcus was already sitting on the sofa in his sweatpants and t-shirt. His eyes followed Miranda as she sat on the opposite end of the sofa. He noticed her breasts clung to her t-shirt and kept looking at her legs as she sat sideways with her feet tucked behind her ass. Marcus was captured by Miranda's pretty face, warm smile, and deep blue eyes. He would steal glances at her as they watched TV. It was only natural that he was developing a secret crush on his roommate.

It became a semi-regular thing for Marcus to join Miranda with her friends when they got together in a group. Her friends got used to seeing them together and how they interacted with one another. They came to wonder if anything was going on between them. Barb even asked Miranda about their relationship when they were out shopping one time.

Jay142
Jay142
3,614 Followers