The Next Game Master Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heather winced and looked at the goddess, "I do not want them seeing this."

He looked at her, "Because it paints you in a bad light?"

Heather looked at Raven, "Shut-up!"

He looked at the goddess, "It is your call."

Myssara looked at Raven, "I will not show the others the events. But you will have time to talk with all of them here in a room upstairs. Now!"

They found ourselves up in a large room with all the party members dressed around a circular table. The goddess and Raven were in the center of the room, "Say what you wish to say."

He thought, "That this is an especially epic bad idea and we should all wait for new quests?"

He heard her, "Just try to sell the idea and see where we are at."

He thought back, "This is against my nature to sell a bad idea."

She glared at him.

He looked over. "Would the quest holder. The one individual who was assigned the quest please stand."

He saw Heather, a guy he did not know and Marshal. "You can all call me Raven. We have 3 different quests. A necromancer, transmuter, and ours which deals with both of yours and a summoner. I am standing over here because I am more than a player.

I have killed a goddess and destroyed a world. I have been labeled a Game Grandmaster. My job is twofold. I help the players and do my part. I also give advice to the goddess on things I am seeing. Things like treasure missing for certain party members. The need to test someone individually so the goddess can see how they have improved. Letting the leader set a course of action but if he or she is making a critical mistake I point it out to him. Now if the 3 people who hold their quests stand behind their party.

Here is what's being offered to you as a group or as individuals. This party is going after a necromancer this one a transmuter who is creating abominations of nature. Then there is the third target. We are not assigned that target specifically."

He pointed to Marshal. "We are assigned both of your targets and a Summoner. That is a lot to take on. I was briefed that at some point we would have to recruit or join parties together. This appears to be that time as we are all here."

He thought, "Heavens help up."

He paused for a second, "Marshals group failed to get through stage one 84 times. I joined him on this trip. The goddess threw every optional encounter she keeps in reserve plus a couple. We are here. I am the first to reach here as a level 6. Roleplaying and tactics. The rest of my group is really close to that because of all the optional encounters we dealt with. Heather group had 70 failed attempts. Trisa's group 42.

Here is what you get if you decide to go with the group that Marshal is leading, again as a whole or in part.

Knowledge of what happened on those failed attempts, all information regarding any past lives that have been blocked from you. You get to keep that information into the next lives and beyond. All of the advice and training I give you while you are running with me.

Including the advice, you hear me giving to others playing other classes. The goddess would work to refine your characters in the same manner as I did with Marshal's group. Access to the rules governing your given class or classes.

Incorporation of prestige classes. Establish a career path if you will for you for when and where your character achieves those things. If needed some minor reworking of your backstories that can happen. I have been told over time by Myssara they have gotten progressively worse and less detailed. I do not know any of your failures, your backstories, or your past lives.

I am on my first life in this universe. If I had been a woman I would not be standing here. I would have been made a goddess to my little own little world. Because I am male that is not an option. I would like to ask Heather if she has something to add?"

She looked at her team, "We do not need this arrogant prick! We can do this ourselves! Why take on two other quests? That is just stupid!"

She looked back at Raven.

He looked at her team, "She has been given the insight to your teams past 70 failures. She does not wish for you to see this. Am I arrogant and I have a prick? Damn straight. She is arrogant. I told you why I am arrogant. Why has she not told you? Or has she? That is up to you to decide.

Trisa, we never got to the point of asking you what you wanted for your team. Did you want to see your past mistakes in this life?"

Trisa looked at Raven, "You learn from your mistakes. Show them to all of us." They sat back for a moment and digest the information. He looked around, "Talk within your party. Myssara, can you give all 3 groups privacy for the next 30 minutes."

He walked over to Marshal, "Anyone wants to join Heather?"

They laughed at him. He shrugged. "That is all we got to say on this matter."

He looked at Myssara and glared. She knew he was not happy with this turn of events.

They sat there and waited. Trisa's group stopped after 5 minutes. The goddess walked over to Heather's group and waited.

She sighed, "The floor is yours again."

Raven looked at the group?"

He sighed, "Myssara, the only one assigned the quest and therefore responsible for its completion is the one standing in the back, correct?"

She nodded, "Yes."

He looked over. "To the quest holders if you are moving to work with Marshal please do so now. The guy stepped back from the wall and walked to Marshal. Heather stood fast. He looked over to Trisa's team. If you wish to join Marshal do so and if you wish to join Heather, do so now. If you wish to stay in town and await another group then stay where you are."

He thought, "I am so leaning that way."

He heard her, "That is not what you sold them on."

He thought back, "I sold them on what you wanted me to sell them on. Not what I thought was right. I have stated this is a completely shitty idea. I can tell you right now we have no chance in the nine hells of completing this. Remember you have set them all up for failure."

Trisa's team moved over to Marshal. He looked at Heather's group. "Stand fast if you are staying with Heather. Move to Marshal if you wish to join us. Move to where the other team was sitting if you wish to wait for a new party."

4 out of 7 members of her party joined Marshal. He looked over. "This is where we are at. Myssara, could you send Heather's remaining team away but leave Heather behind for a moment."

She nodded, he looked at her, "Give the 4 people who switched the information Heather did not wish to share."

Heather shouted, "NO!"

He looked at her, "That was part of the deal. They get access to that information for joining." The goddess nodded. The guys that came over glared at her.

Raven looked at them, "I do not need to know specifics. If you wish to make a short one- or two-line statement. Why don't we start with the big bulky man in front?"

He looked at her, "You fucking cunt! You got us killed 62 times from following your direction."

He looked at the next guy, "He covered it already. Very concise."

The next 2 shook their heads.

He looked at the Goddess, "What happens if we complete her portion of the quest as it is a portion of ours? Does she advance or is she stuck waiting for a party?"

The goddess looked at Raven, "She remains here or as far as she has gotten inn wise. She could also start off fresh as the same character getting a new quest to take on. With all the memories she currently has. She would not be traveling the same path again."

He thought, "There is an idea almost worth pursuing."

He heard her groan, "Just try and do this for me."

He looked to Heather, "Now you get to decide on telling what remains of your party about it or waiting for these guys to show up and let them know. I will have them here for a few minutes. If the Goddess is nice, she will send you straight to your 2 lovers."

She glared at him The Goddess sent her away before she got her mouth open.

She looked at Raven, "You are correct, I made sure all 3 of them got the new toy. That is a reward for reaching the second inn. For the ladies. They will keep it if they complete this life. They lose it if they restart."

He looked at Trisa, "You want to tell me who was the best leader of your group? I would assume it was you because you are here and in charge."

She nodded, "I only led the group 3 times getting us further each time."

He looked at the Goddess, "Can you restore all of their past lives."

She did so and Trisa looked at him, "I have gone through 5 lives and have had 14 children?! It would have been more but I played halflings in 3 of those lives. I have had female lovers before."

He looked at the group. "I would nominate Trisa as Marshal's second unless someone else wants the headache."

He heard laughter.

He looked at Trisa, "Not completely off the hook. You will remember all 5 of those. To give you an idea of a career path. I am one Ranger, and 5 levels of Wizard after tonight. I have my two spells in mind by the way."

She smiled, "Which two?"

He smiled, "Fly and diamond spray."

She looked at Raven, "Why diamond spray?"

He looked at her, "Summoned creatures, bypassing damage reduction they are treated as adamantine and cold iron, not as harmful to the environment and when I can get it going through my bow could be absolutely deadly."

She looked at Raven, "Fly?"

He smiled, "I am THE Raven."

She laughed as did his starting group and a few of the others. He looked back, "I wanted to give you an idea of a complex build for the new guys, I am 1 Ranger and 5 Wizard. I will be picking up 3 in Eldrick Knight, followed by 8 in Arcane Archer and the last 3 in Eldrick Knight. Effective 16 level caster. I attack as a level 17 ranger with 4 attacks and all base save in double digits. Plus a slew of special abilities. You should send the 4 back now in case there is any treasure they have that has not been divided. Please meet Shia. Stand on the table please."

She hopped up on the table. "Please meet her tomorrow to determine what you have in gear and what we have extra."

He nodded to the Goddess "We gave her a large enough head start."

The 4 were gone. "We did hit a couple of troves between killing a Baron and Dragon. So, we have extra gear we held back and not sold any of it for just such an occasion. Trisa, meet and stay with Shia. You need to get everyone's names classes and their plans for the future. Like our Dwarven cleric will be a drunken battle cleric who is in the Brewmaster prestige class."

This got a few chuckles from the new guys. "We have a few wagons and oh gods do we have horses."

Marshal nodded at that. "We could start our own breeding farm."

The guys laughed. He looked at Trisa and sat her on the table. "Myssara when you are working all of these characters could you please show them the video of my time with the graduates. ALL of it, including you wailing your ass off."

She laughed, "I can do that. You want them to have that information for future lives."

He nodded, "Also this one about player versus character. Background stories. You get the idea."

She nodded, "They will watch it first then when they head off to sleep."

He looked at Trisa, "Do I know how to break in a virgin right, even a halfling virgin?" She threw her arms around his shoulders and pulled him in for a long slow kiss, "Fuck yes. His ladies also confirmed I am bisexual."

He shook his head, "You are tri-sexual. We have a dwarven cleric if you want to try and take him into your bed."

She laughed," I only have eyes for one cock."

He looked at her, "I have three traveling companions in my bed. I do not know what the future holds. I know you also have more experience than most if not all of the other players. I am training leaders. As such I would not expect you to be following me into my next life. You will likely need to take the reins of a new party in your next life.

If the goddess puts us together in that life so you can have children with me, I would be honored. Brenda is new to me but we share a common loss. We might be together again but she has a few past lives as well. Time will tell how that plays out."

Trisa smiled, "I get a lifetime with you and your ladies and I will be happy with that. I would hope the goddess puts us together for another life as I would love to have your children."

He smiled, "She could always tweak your race. 'Did that say halfling' it should have said half-elf.'" He acted like he was writing on a piece of parchment and looked over at Myssara.

The guys laughed. Trisa looked at the goddess who shook her head, "No changing races. However, you pull this off without dying Trisa and you can have one more life with him. Just one."

She smiled, "I will take that challenge. It gives me a reason to live."

The guys laughed. He looked at the Goddess, "They will retain this knowledge even if they die and do not finish this life with me correct?"

She sighed, "They will retain everything up until they die or leave your group. They will, however, be sent straight back to start over in the first inn with their current character and starting gear. This includes your current party as you are no longer a party. You are a mercenary group with this number. Marshal you will have to secure a charter for your group including naming it. NOTHING with Raven in it."

Raven thought, "Great, should head back to level one now."

The group laughed. He looked at him, "You will just have to save it for another life."

Myssara looked over, "You have a bigger problem Marshal. The players that left ended up in a deadly fight in the inn. Three locals including a bartender were killed, Heather and one of her allies, along with the big bulging man as you called him. The fourth was the rogue who refused to surrender to the guards. The other three, including Shanna, are being taken by the guards. This is your problem alone Marshal."

Raven looked at him, "Looks like you are being tested. Get all the facts including who killed who. When all else fails, appeal to the Duke."

He sighed and was gone. She looked at Raven, "Thank you for not saying to drop your name. I want to see if he will come up with that on his own. I have sent the four dead to four different locations. Heather has her knowledge and the Bulging Man as you called him has his knowledge and that of his one past life. Those two will end up meeting again at the second inn. I want to see if they repeat their mistakes."

He looked at her, "My name doesn't mean shit to the Duke. I hope he remembers we have the Duke's furniture and the carriage to bargain with as well."

She smiled and thought, "You just had to be a male. I am so thankful for that personally. Because I got you, My love."

He thought, "You said you wanted to keep me around for a long time but I never thought it would be the same character over and over again."

He heard her groan, "I am not going to hear the end of this am I?"

He thought, "We manage to succeed then I will let it drop. I am not counting on it. I can guess right now, given the fight in the bar, how many remaining bricks you have tossed at me. At least another 4-6 of them. I will count them off as we find them."

She looked at them, "Everyone will be returned to what and who they were doing if they are still alive."

He looked over. One woman looked a little red-faced, "The female wizard and I were playing with the new toy."

He looked at the Goddess "Tell me this one is not pregnant?"

She looked over, "What!?"

The Goddess shook her head, "Not this time. I cannot say the same for the wizard. You get back and read ALL of the instructions that came with your gift box."

He looked at the Goddess, "Modify the wizard's background so she does not start out a virgin and is pregnant with some man's child. Please."

He groaned, "Same for the annoying Heather." The others chuckled.

She nodded, "I do not want a repeat of what happened to Kerria either. I had already set that as a rule in this world. That rule has been implemented across worlds."

He nodded, "Yeah, like I trust all goddesses to follow all the rules set for them. It has proven to be highly subjective as to which rules a given goddess follows. Before you send me back, I wanted to speak privately with you." She nodded.

The others disappeared and the Goddess looked at me, "I know what you are going to ask about and he has his reservations."

He sighed, "I wanted to talk candidly about raids. That comment about goddesses goes to you as well. Messing with free will, mine. I told you this was a bad idea and you refused to hear me and expect me to support your bad ideas. Do not ask me to do that again in the future. You will not like the answer. They are a bad idea with inexperienced players. Always have been and always will be."

She sighed, "I have had some make it through."

He looked at her, "What ratio of experienced players participated in the group? How many deaths was the average for those people to get to that point?"

She did not answer that question.

He nodded, "I stand by my previous statement. In the future do not ask me to sell people on a bad idea. This was beyond a bad idea. As to my son, can I speak with him?"

She looked at him, "There will be rules, but yes."

--

Myssara did not like his attitude on raids. They were a core part of her strategy in this world. She would have to see what issues he identified. She knew she had a lot of the worst players on her world in this one raid and she was not certain they would make it.

His words were not lost on her but Mother wanted this test as well. Combined with his refusal to work with NPC's, even threatening to kill them when he identified them would present even more challenges to getting to the end.

She heard Mother, "Caution should be taken with him and his free-will. He just warned you concerning interfering with his free-will. You could find yourself in the same trouble as Lillian did. While I wanted this test we might need to stop pushing him. You would ultimately suffer for it.

I want to see what happens. Yet, if it comes down to it I want you to back off and listen to what he has to say before any damage became deadly and permanent. If he did not love you he would have called you on the contract because of your approach."

--

He looked at Myssara, "I have one lady to finish up with this evening."

She nodded. They were naked and on the lower level. Trisa was standing next to him. He grabbed her breast and tweak it. "Let's go firecracker you still have one item on your to-do list."

She grabbed his hand and they walked back into the room where the three other ladies were making out. Raven looked over, "Time to do oral on me Trisa."

She smiled, "You have done plenty to me. I owe you some oral but I have never done oral sex."

He looked at the ladies and they got up and Ersa said, "We will talk you through it. If you are going to be a regular in our bed like we are hoping."

Brenda smiled at the other two ladies.

He smiled. "Very well then, I will have you 4 women in my bed then. That means at night two on each side with the ones closest laying on me. The ones on the outside cuddled behind those two."

He thought, "Until we all die horribly."

He heard her groan, "I get it, you do not like this idea."

He thought back, "Hate is the right word."

Mother's warning echoed in her mind and she did not respond back.

Brenda looked at him, "I want Trisa between you and me on your left side."