The Next Game Master Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Raven nodded, "Among other things."

He had it appear on Marshal's shoulder. Then back onto his other shoulder then disappear. Lars looked at Raven, "A caster like your parents."

He smiled, "A caster. Not like my parents. Soon I will be able to channel the magic through my bow. That is my goal anyway."

He nodded, "Then like your grandfather on your father's side. Your father's father. He still lives. We will send him word of you and the reappearance of the family blade. He will want to know of both."

Marshal asked Gardner, "How far back?"

He looked at Marshal, "About a mile."

Raven nodded, "You and Marshal should head back and see if you can't hurry them along a little."

Marshal road off, and he looked at Lars, "Forgive me. What is House Rising Moon?"

He looked at Raven, "The ruling house of the Elven kingdom."

Raven nodded, "They will want the blade. Not in my hands. Somethings both societies share. Neither wants me."

He looked at Raven, "The societies will have a hard time with you. That does not mean there are those who do not want you. You have been born into a difficult position. You are right in the fact they will want the sword back.

To know it is in the secure hands of his father's son, half-elf that he is is still better than lost or hanging as a trophy somewhere. From what I understand it is one of the 7 swords of the houses. Until today it was missing."

Raven looked at him, "It was not missing. It was in hiding until the time was right."

He nodded, "That is true. You heard about the trouble in the neighboring province?"

Raven nodded. "Marshal brought me on to help investigate that. He will be working to gather more information on that while we are here resupplying, resting, and outfitting. We may need a significantly larger force if what he described is true. I do not expect to find many here with a war raging."

He nodded, "Not much in local talent but groups are traveling through here all the time."

Raven rode forward a few feet, "I cannot blame you for not knowing of me. Just as you cannot blame me for not knowing of you. I seek nothing from the Duke. If he wished to meet that is fine. I am not versed in court etiquette so he needs to know he will need to meet me man to man. As a grandfather meets a grandson. I do not wish to be paraded around. I have no interest in living is a city."

Raven heard them before he saw them and flipped his bow into hand and nocked an arrow. The large flock of geese. He nailed the first 2. Then he missed the third. Lars laughed, "You missed one."

Raven nodded, "If you notice the arrow drifted away. It was at the farthest end of my range. The further they climbed the higher winds and distance. It cannot account for those. Besides 2 should be plenty for your men."

A rider came in with the 2 birds. He pulled the arrows and took the feathers he wanted. The guy starts to ride off and he yelled out to him, "Hold." He stored the feathers and then hand him the birds.

He looked at Lars, "I assume you have a cook who knows how to fix those for your men? Did that patrol that told you I was dangerous also tell you that I fed them? I took down a wild turkey and gave it to them."

He shook his head, "No. I saw them eating after they got back and figured they got lucky on the road."

He nodded, "They did. They encountered someone who can hunt. That was a much closer shot. You should ask him about it."

He looked at the man, "Send me that patrol leader and his lieutenant. Take those to my cook."

About that time the 2 men arrived Raven could hear the wagons approaching several hundred feet away. Lars looks at the man, "This is the one who you said was dangerous?"

He looked at Raven, "Yes."

Lars looked at the guard, "Dangerous enough to feed you?"

He looked a bit taken aback, "Yes, he got off a lucky shot on a wild turkey and brought it down. He said they had plenty of meat."

Raven nodded, "Took down a 900-pound Auroch. Striped it was about 750 pounds of beef. We smoked most of it while we traveled. That was a few days ago. We had one hell of a beef mid-day meal when I brought that in. We had been delayed in moving to repair the road from the forest dragon we killed. It tunneled through the road making it dangerous for the horses and wagons. The guy scoffed, "Killed a dragon."

Raven opened his bag and rolled out its skin. Lars laughed, "That looks like a dragonhide to me. Too bad you do not have the head you could get a nice bounty for that."

He looked back, "The barbarian in our group who cleaved its head off. She has the head. After I leaped from my horse and planting my blade into its back while it was burrowing underground. Beautiful teamwork. I skinned and gutted it and found the remains of some poor fool who he had not finished digesting yet.

Along with the gear he had not digested. All magical. We tracked back to its layer and cleaned that out as well after our rogue went in and cleared all of the traps. Our dwarven cleric helped in trailing from inside the tunnels and the barbarian and I followed the tracks at any point it was above ground. Again, good teamwork."

Raven put the skin away. Lars looked at the man, "Your report is accurate. This man is dangerous. He is also the Duke's Grandson and my nephew. Why did you say it was a lucky shot?"

The man reaches into a saddlebag and pulls out the arrow attached to the head of the turkey." Raven reached over and remove his arrow and put it back in the quiver and toss him the head back. "You were right, it was a lucky shot. I was trying to play fetch and missed its mouth. Was the turkey good by the way?"

Lars laughed loudly, "You are a lot like my sister. She had that burning wit."

He saw Lirana approaching and he looked at her, "Grab your trophy."

She turned and came riding back with the dead dragon's head cleanly cleaved through. He looked at Lars, "Who does she need to talk with about collecting that bounty."

He smiled. "My Quartermaster can do that. That is worth 5,000 gold pieces."

Raven nodded. Lars looked at the patrol sergeant. "Show this woman to my quartermaster and tell him what I said."

He nodded and rode off. Lars looked at the lieutenant. "Dispatch a messenger, "Say the Baron is confirmed dead. I am staring at the coach and his head now. Also, the Blade of House Rising Moon is here in the hands of its heirs. His Grandson The half-elf who calls himself Raven. That will do lieutenant."

The Lieutenant rode off and wrote down the note. He handed it to a lightly armored boy on a big horse and Raven yelled out, "Hold with that. Send the messenger here."

Raven rode back and pulled a horse that was just barely an adult but with was a brown and white mustang. He pulled it out and rode forward with that. The boy was by Lars.

He handed the boy the horse, "You ride that one much longer and that rear tendon is going to pop. It needs rest and time to heal. Take this Mustang. It will be twice as fast as that lumbering thing anyway. Especially with what little it will be carrying."

He got down and looked at the horse, "You saw that from over here?"

He nodded, "I am a Ranger Mage scout who will soon be an arcane archer. I live by not being seen and seeing what does not wish to be seen. The horse is yours, not the military. Yours. You take care of it. The boy nodded and Raven looked at him, "Back of the second wagon is a stack of saddles and tack. I would recommend the soft leather saddle toward the front with the reigns and blanket. You better get moving before they start yelling at you."

He snapped out of it and went to the wagon. Lars laughed. Lirana came over and threw Raven a bag, "Half to you I would not have known it was worth something if you had not told me."

Raven nodded, "Thing of being a ranger. You know if a creature is a pest someone will give you something for killing it."

Lars smiled, "Your time in the woods has honed your skills."

He nodded, "Kept people fed and safe as well. Except for the village of Bronson. Standing solo against a hundred would have been suicide."

Marshal came back up, "Everything ok here?"

Raven nodded, "Ready to go when you are unless you had something else for me."

Lars smiled, "We will be escorting you into town. I need to know where you are staying the night. That way I know where to send the messenger."

Raven started riding, "It might be in a stable if we do not get there soon."

He laughed. Lars and Marshal were riding behind him.

Raven summon his bird. "Scout road."

The Field Marshal has 80 men here and they stared at Raven as he rode past with weapons. He saw one of the men from the patrol. "That was a good meal, Raven. Thanks again."

Raven nodded, "I just dropped two large geese, maybe the Field Marshal will share."

He laughed, "His officers will see that before we will."

He nodded. He saw the sergeant and he avoided eye-contact with him. Raven rode over to him. "I did not know I was any relation to the Duke. You reported the facts that I am dangerous. The only thing you got wrong was that it was a lucky shot. You do not hunt and take down your prey with 1-2 arrows you do not eat."

Raven extended his hand to him and he shook his hand. Raven let go and continued riding. He saw a few smiles from some of the sergeant's men as he went by. The bird came back, "Men and horses to many." Raven sighed. He fed some smoked beef to it. He poured some water into his hand. The Raven drank the water. Marshal and his Uncle approach and he looked at them, "No point in scouting ahead too many people."

Marshal looked at Raven, "Then ride with us." Raven pulled up beside him. While Marshal went over some of their exploits with Lars. When they were finished Lars looked at Raven, "Seems you are more of a leader than you let on."

Raven looked at him. "More like a mentor to those who are not savvy in the wilds."

The Wagon Master rode up, "Did you get into trouble? Is that why we got so many soldiers around us?"

Raven shook his head, "They are lusting after our ladies and we just cannot tell them to go away."

Lars laughed at that, "They are my men. I felt obligated to escort in the group that killed the Baron. Then find even more good news."

Raven looked at him, "The sword or me?"

He smiled, "Both."

Raven sighed, "We will see."

They rode along in silence and saw the inn. He saw Brenda outside and he rode up to her and pulled her up into the saddle with her facing him. He kissed her while holding her in his lap. "You are heavy wearing that full plate. Is it enchanted?"

She shook her head, "I have no magical gear on me."

He nodded. He rode her back and his uncle looked at him, "Grab a lady every time you ride into a town?"

Raven laughed, "She was actually waiting for us. I have 2 others who share my bed and all 3 carry my children."

He looked at Raven, "Some kind of stud?"

Raven looked at him, "Yes, it appears that way."

He laughed and they continued on.

Brenda looked at Raven, "Who was that?"

Raven looked at her, "The local Field Marshal Lars. The eldest son of the Duke and apparently my uncle."

She looked at Raven, "Royalty again? I saw your exploits remember."

He laughed and heard laughter in his head, "You are both hearing this message. This is a new story. You are doing great, lover. I expected no less. Just roll with it you are not going to get trapped into court life."

He thought back, "Been there and done that."

Brenda looked at me, "Does that happen often? The goddess talking with you."

He nodded, "I can think to her and she responds."

He spotted Shia. "Get her that armor and those bracers, please. Show her what we got in rings and such. What weapon are you using?"

She looked at him. "Long Bow." He looked at her, "Get her my masterworks bow for now. Try pulling my bow and she could not draw it. He looked at her, "We need to get you a better bow but that one has worked well for me." He kissed her again. "Nice to have you with us."

She smiled and went with Shia. He went and found a good medium warhorse out of the string and pulled it loose. He took it back to them. The 2 of them were kissing as she worked on stripping her out of the armor. He looked back and Ersa was driving the other wagon and smiled.

Raven looked at them, "Keep the grab-ass to a minimum here is a horse for her you got the tack here so she can catch up with me when she is dressed. SOON."

They laughed at him as they took the horse and tied it off. Raven headed back up to Marshal, "Brenda and Shia are playing grab-ass in the back of the wagon as they change her into that armor we captured."

Lars looked at Raven, "They are lesbians?"

He laughed, "No they enjoy my company and each other. It makes for a harmonious relationship. I am the only man in the mix. They need no other cock as I can fuck them all into submission if I wanted too. They also do not care and actually expect me to fuck other women. Those 3 are my constant companions if you will."

He looked at Raven and laughed, "So stud is right."

Raven smiled, "Will see how many more ladies I impregnated while we are here."

He laughed, "how many have you done already?"

He thought for a moment, "Seven that I know of. Brenda, the one I just picked up is carrying triplets. Lirana the Barbarian is the only one I have fucked who did not get pregnant.

That was because she was already pregnant. Else she would be. The goddess Myssara blessed me with staying power, the right equipment to satisfy. Any and every woman I nail will end up with a child. I am to populate the world. A separate mission for Myssara."

He laughed, "Well it sounds like she is the right goddess for you. You are almost an avatar for her."

He shook his head, "Devoted follower, a champion to all of her areas of influence. I love her. She knows it. We both accept it as a fact of life."

Lars shook his head, "That is not like your father or your mother."

He shrugged, "I am not them."

He laughed, "No you are your own man."

Raven smiled, "Half man and half-elf but I know what you meant."

He chuckled, "You take your heritage in stride."

He sighed, "I did not choose my parents or what they did to create me. I am here. I would rather be judged for my action or inaction as opposed to my race, who my parents were, or who I am related to. Because the being behind the sword, bow or magic makes little difference during a fight.

They stay alive and keep you alive then you have achieved more than most. Teamwork. Regardless of race. We have not looked at each other to compare them to ourselves. If we did the party would have been 7 paladins. 7 dead paladins when the fire Drakes came. But they would have tried."

The 2 of them laughed. Marshal jumped in, "I did want to kill them. We would have charged headlong into it. He fed them 6 captured horses. They flew off with fried food. Once I saw what one did to the 6 horses, I knew he was right. This was his area of expertise. Mine is the city. We help each other navigate the perils of our environment."

Marshal looked at Raven, "I am going to check on rooms."

Raven looked at his 'uncle', "You have anyone in this city who makes items from exotic materials like skin? It is more skin than scales at that age."

He thought, "There are two places I can think of. One is owned by a human leather smith the other is an elven enchanter. They have shops right across from each other. In the center of the city."

Raven nodded, "That figures."

He chuckled, "You really do not like cities."

He looked at Lars, "What is to like. People living on top of each other the smell of waste and the destruction of the surrounding woods? Living with your environment and only taking what you need. Living simply and not extravagant. I do not need a palace. I rarely stay in a home or inn. If you have 100 bedrooms in a palace is it not a really fancy inn and not a home?"

He laughed, "We make progress, build new things, make the lives of the people better."

Raven looked at him, "Then invite a dozen children from the poorer section of the city to live in the palace or keep you have. Raise them and make them productive."

Lars looked at Raven, "I see this is an area we will not agree upon."

Raven nodded, "That is why I try to stay out of that environment unless I have to. You do not go into mine without 80 soldiers and I can go it alone."

He nodded and Marshall returned. "We will be staying at that house over there. We just have to grab all of our gear and secure it."

He nodded, "A wagon full. Speaking of which do you have a place that buys expensive furniture and a carriage?"

Lars looked at Raven, "What kind of furniture? Where did you get furniture?"

Raven looked at him, "The assassins that attacked us had it in the wagon we captured. Take a look."

Raven showed him the furniture. He looked at the haul, "This is all from one of the Duke's lake homes where he goes to get away for a few days a year."

Raven smiled, "I would guess the house is not there anymore. You think he would be interested in recovering this furniture?"

He chuckled. "Probably. I will put guards on your wagons tonight. You can bring the 2 you need to into the city tomorrow. We limit wagons inside the city. Given what you are carrying I think the Duke would be interested in it. I will let my father know. Good work."

Raven nodded, "Lirana, Gardner you want to give me a hand bring the chests with us." They nodded. They got the valuables and head into the home after everyone stabled their horses. They walked in and through a second door and there were rooms off to one side.

He looked at it, "Extradimensional space. He saw Myssara or her persona on the other side of the room and she smiles at them. "Welcome. Let me help you with your things." All of their gear and clothes were taken away. Raven walked over to her and gave her a soft kiss. "Hello, my goddess. How long until your other guests arrive?"

She smiled, "They will be here later. Everyone over here, please, and line up. First thing is first."

They were all drenched and then dried off. She smiled and then she walked over and kissed everyone and Raven felt a bit tingly. He looked at her, "What did you just do?"

She smiled, "I emptied everyone's' bladders and cleaned out your bowels. You are clean as a whistle. Inside and out."

Raven smiled, "Your house, your rules."

She smiled, "Yes, it is. I have rooms set up with beds large enough for your 2 groups plus a few guests if you choose. Some smaller rooms in case you want something more private. Plenty of water and food when you need it."

She looked over and the alter appeared. "In front of you is the second thing Raven built. His smokers were the first."

She looked at the ladies, "Hold out your hands." They did so and they found a box in their hands. "The third invention from his mind and born from me. Ladies those are yours to keep and they have instructions. At the bottom of the box are a few toys.

The toys are there for you to experience and for those of you who have not had a lot of cocks, it will give you other things to work with. You will understand once you read through the instructions.

Lirana, upon the altar head down. There are a couple of things I have not done yet on this altar, I have done a lot but not everything. You are going to help me with it as one of my ardent worshipers as is Raven. I also want my new Scion up here."

They all headed to the altar and Lirana got upon the altar. Myssara grabbed her legs and pulled her forward and ran her tongue over Lirana's slit. Myssara stood back up and pulled her forward just a little more. She looked at her, "Grab those handles lover."

1...7891011...13