The Ninth Step Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't mean that, and you know damn well I wouldn't do that to Geoff or Trish," Lillian said frowning.

"But it's okay for them to do it to me? You got your black lover. Why do I get to be the only one not getting some on the side?" Jim flicked his spoon on the floor and stood up. "Tell that asshole husband of yours that the next time I see him in person I'm going to break that perfect nose of his. We're not friends, and I'm starting to realize we never were."

"Jim..."

"You want to stay with a guy who'd do that behind his best friend's back - especially when he had you? Fine. But, unless you're ready to help me get some payback, you can stay the fuck out of my life as well. Sorry, I don't buy that you had no clue I didn't know. You had to have - you're too smart. You were just in denial and wanted to keep your pretty trophy husband. Goodbye."

Jim stormed out of the diner and went to his car where he saw seven missed texts from Tricia. He got into his car and drove, not knowing where he was going. After wandering for an hour, he was in a rougher area of town that he wasn't familiar with. He saw a rundown looking bar that had a sign, advertising topless dancers, and thought, 'why the fuck not.'

Inside, the place looked nicer than its exterior. It was clean, well furnished with a dark stage that had a pole in the middle surrounded by empty chairs and tables. Opposite the stage was a well-lit bar lined with empty barstools, and a very attractive blonde wearing a black corset top tending it. Around five foot five, and slender with a really pretty face with full lips and blue eyes. She had a lot of tattoos, which normally was a turn-off for Jim. However, they seemed to accent her toned shoulders and arms, making her sexier to him. The only other people around were a couple of elderly men drinking while they played video slot machines.

"Sorry, the dancers only perform Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Kitchen is closed too - slow night," said the woman who looked twenty at most but had a deeper husky voice. She reminded Jim of Scarlet Johansson.

"Do you still have whiskey tonight?" Jim asked sarcastically.

The bartender smiled. "We always have whiskey. Have your pick of tables, but if you pull up a stool, I can refill you faster. No servers working tonight either."

"Sounds like a plan," Jim said sitting down and ordering a whiskey on the rocks.

After his fifth, he looked at his phone and saw missed texts and calls from his wife and daughter, and even one from Lillian. He snorted and turned his phone completely off.

"Another Jim?" the bartender asked cheerfully.

"You have to ask? Keep them coming, Sonia," Jim said tapping his glass.

As he took a sip, Jim gestured towards the stage. "So, Sonia, you don't ever perform do you?"

Sonia held her hand to her face in mock shock. "Jim, if I didn't know better, I'd think you wanted to see my bare tits."

"Seen them," called out one of the old men at the slots, "Smaller than mine. Not like Candy. Now, Candy has some titties you'd want to see." He held his hands out about a foot from his chest.

"Fuck you, Melvin, at least mine are real," Sonia said, "And to answer your question, Jim, no I never dance on stage. My dad owns this place and since he retired, I run things."

Jim smiled and nodded. "So, Melvin is a liar."

"No," Sonia said with a wink, "He's definitely seen my tits - and he didn't complain at the time."

Both of the old men chuckled.

"Would it be too forward to ask how that happened?"

Sonia shrugged. "It's a club that has bare-assed women dancing, and topless servers. If I like someone, I tend to flash them if I'm in a really good mood."

"And how does one get you in a real good mood, Sonia?" Jim said in an attempted flirty tone.

Sonia leaned forward, giving Jim a view of her cleavage. Sure, she was probably A, maybe B cup, but they did look nice - especially with the whiskey in his system. "Tell you what, Jim... You tell me what's going on with your marriage and I'll tell you how guys can get me in a real...good...mood."

"Fuck my marriage. It's over, I'd rather talk about you," Jim said.

Sonia leaned further and whispered in his ear, "No marriage talk, no titties."

Jim shook his head while huffing in frustration, took another sip and then told Sonia everything - including his discussion with Lillian and how it ended.

Sonia didn't say a word, walked away and returned with a cup of coffee.

"What the fuck is this?" Jim said frowning.

"This is me making sure you are sober when you leave to deal with this," Sonia said, "No coffee. No titties."

"Just drink the fucking coffee, so we can see them too," called out the other old man, while Melvin laughed.

"Fuck you, Larry," Sonia yelled back, "Only thing you are seeing is my boot when I kick both your asses out at closing time."

Jim frowned and took a quick sip of coffee and then headed to the bathroom. He wasn't staggering drunk yet, but was feeling no pain. When he returned, the glass of whiskey he was drinking was gone, just the coffee cup and a muffin.

"Eat, you need some food in your system and then talk," Sonia said, and then gestured towards her chest.

"How do I feel like I'm getting manipulated?" Jim grumbled, taking a bit of the homemade blueberry muffin and then another swallow of coffee.

"Because you are, but I will still let you see my tits if you play along. I promise," Sonia said with a wink, "Okay, I might be young, but I've been around a bunch of different people my whole life. You start to be able read them and learn things from their stories and experiences. I'm telling you that you love your wife and do not want your marriage to end."

Jim shrugged and nodded. "True, but it's her that ended it."

"Bullshit, she made an awful mistake years ago. And you never suspected anything because you've had this perfect happy life since. I bet everything that your sex life has been beyond your expectations, even after so many years, right?"

Jim shrugged again. "I guess, but she just has a high sex drive. That's why I'm not sure that was the only time."

"Well, did it ever occur to you that part of why things have been so amazing is that she's still carrying the guilt from that night and has dedicated herself to making it up to you as long as you're still married?"

Jim rolled his eyes. "Bullshit."

Sonia bit her lip, and then smiled. "Okay, blowjobs. Compared to when you dated, how often did you get head up to that night. I mean full-deal up to the gun going off?"

Jim shook his head. "I don't know. It wasn't often, even before we were married."

"And over your entire marriage since that night, how often - on average a year?"

Jim thought about it. There were some dry spells over the years, but he probably hadn't gone more than a month without getting a blowjob to completion and it usually was every other week she'd at least start with him in her mouth. He frowned. "How do you not know, after getting spit-roasted by my friends repeatedly, she suddenly discovered she liked sucking dick - probably reminds her of that night."

"Because I'm a fucking woman," Sonia said holding up two fingers, "There's two types of women. Those who love sucking dick and those who hate it. News flash: the latter is the overwhelming majority. Now, if your wife was the love it type, you would've been getting sucked off like crazy right from the first time you got to third base. The rest of us who hate it only do it because we know how much guys love it. We hate the act, but love how it makes you feel. Since your reaction tells me your wife is keeping you happy in that department, that's her wanting to make you happy. Trust me, she's not wanting to think about that night when she's with you. She's trying to forget it."

"Speaking from experience?" Jim snorted.

"Yeah, I am. How old do you think I am?"

Jim shrugged. "Twenty-three? Twenty-four?"

"Twenty-nine and I was married at eighteen. Dumbest decision of my life. The asshole beat me, but I told no one. Scared if Dad found out, he'd kill him and then go to jail. I was just helping in the kitchen here at the time, but I took my breaks out here to watch the dancing - did I mention I'm bi? Anyways, one regular was also a friend of my asshole husband. He said he knew what I was going through, and acted so supportive. After close, one night, he got me drunk and crying on his shoulder in his pickup truck. Next thing I know, I'm on top of him and kissing him while we fucked.

"Even though my husband was horrible, I still thought I loved the fuck. For three months, I took the beatings like penance and gave the best blowjobs to make it up to him. Honestly, it was only by actively fucking him that I was able to block out what I did. The stupid fucking thing was, I didn't want the asshole to find out because I was scared of how he'd react or he'd leave me. I didn't want to hurt him."

"So, what happened?" Jim said.

Sonia frowned and shrugged. "Dumb fucker was stupid enough to hit me in front of my father. Now he's in the ground and my dad's serving time, while I'm running this place alone."

"You said he retired?"

Sonia rolled her eyes. "Jim, we just met. I wasn't exactly ready to tell you my dad's in jail for killing my abusive ex-husband."

"Well, he sounds like the guy who deserved to be cheated on. I'm sorry for what happened to you, but it's nothing like what happened to me." Jim finished the muffin and had some more coffee. He noticed that it was after eleven. Tricia and Maeve both would be quite worried about him.

"No, but it gives me perspective which you desperately need. Obviously, she means the world to you; otherwise you wouldn't be so upset. I'm telling you, you have to mean the world to her too to carry that type of guilt. I'm sure your friend's wife has told her that you know everything by now. She's probably absolutely sick with worry and guilt, having everything crashing at once. Even if you fuck me and she finds out, you probably wouldn't make her feel half as bad as she feels towards herself for causing this."

Jim's head jerked up.

Sonia smiled. "It wouldn't have happened anyway because of your relationship status -but I know you were thinking about it. That's why you want to see these titties so bad. Jim, my new friend, you strike me as the take-charge guy, but not the guy who deliberately sets out to hurt someone he loves, no matter what she did. You need to go home, try to find a way to get over this. Talk it out, find help, whatever. Admit it, Jim, you're madly in love with the woman that your wife is now. What she did eighteen years ago doesn't change who she is now."

Jim shook his head. "All the time we spent together as couples, everyone but me knew they had wild sex. I'd catch him looking at her, in a short skirt or bikini, or doing the harmless flirting between friends and used to think, 'I'm so lucky to have her, someone my high school's biggest stud is attracted to.' Now, I realize, he was just reminiscing about fucking my wife behind my back in a threesome. That is if that was just the first time. He's probably laughing at me behind my back. How can I go back to that?"

Sonia shrugged. "I said to give her a chance, not him. While I believe what his wife said about that being a one-time thing between the two of them, I'd bet you this club that it's due to your wife and not him. He sounds like the type who would try for a repeat performance - especially after his wife evened the score. Remember, Rory said Geoff made the first move. I'd also bet that he's cheated numerous times on his wife over the years."

"You know men that well - one's you haven't met?"

Sonia winked. "Have I been wrong at all about you so far? Reach out to your wife. Ghost your friend and make sure your wife knows to avoid him like the plague to give your marriage a chance."

Jim crossed his arms. "Let me guess, if I don't go back home to my wife, you won't let me see your tits?"

"No," Sonia said, "Come to the back room, call her, say that you are all right and want to talk. Then you can see my tits before going home."

There were boos coming from the other side of the bar. Sonia yelled at the two old men, "If you assholes ever pay your entire tab off, I'll even shake them for you."

As the men laughed, Sonia grabbed Jim's hand and led him to a room behind the bar. It was a small office, but meticulously organized with a little desk, computer, and printer.

"Okay, call and you can see them if you want to, but I'm guessing you'll just want to head home."

Jim shrugged and turned on his cellphone. He had over seventy-five missed calls and texts, as well as eight voice messages. He frowned at Sonia, who gave a reassuring nod, then dialed.

"Oh my God, Jim. I'm so sorry," said Tricia in a teary voice as soon as she answered, "Please don't leave me. Please, I'm so sorry."

"Trish, I'm okay and just needed some time. Not in shape to drive, so I'm going to take a cab home right now and we'll talk," Jim said calmly, with Sonia giving him the thumbs up.

"What bar are you at? Brewey Louis? I'll come get you with Maeve, and she can drive your vehicle home. We've been worried sick," Tricia said anxiously.

"Um, sure you can pick me up. I'm at..." Jim looked around for something with the name on it. All he could remember was the sign advertising strippers, not even where the place was. Sonia picked up a piece of paper and held it in front of Jim. "I'm at Starlight Girls. Cavendish and 14th North."

"A strip club?" Tricia said sounding both surprised and upset, "You didn't do anything to get back at me, did you?"

"It's a fucking strip club, not a brothel," Jim snapped, "If you're getting me, get the fuck over here. If not, I'll take a cab and maybe I'll come home tonight." He then hung up and didn't need the look from Sonia to tell him that was not the right response. At that moment, he didn't care. "Right, let's see them."

"What?" Sonia said, and then frowned.

She reached behind her top, and unfastened the hooks so it hung loose, and Jim could barely make out her perky nipples. Sonia pulled the top of her top down, giving him a long look at her small, but perfect looking breasts, which had the same bronze tan as her face. There was a small flower tattoo on one, and silver bars through both nipples. That had Jim wondering if there were more piercings.

"There." Sonia refastened her top and then walked out of the office, with Jim following her.

"Since there's no more motivation for me to drink coffee, I think I'll have another whiskey," Jim said sitting back in his spot.

"You can't blame her for thinking you tried to get even - you were flirting with me and trying to see my tits," Sonia said, "And I'm sure she's still on her way. Did she sound upset?"

"After what she did, what fucking business of hers is it what I do?" Jim said bitterly, "And where's my fucking whiskey?"

"I like you, Jim, and I don't like many guys who come in here. Trust me, stick with the coffee, and focus on how great your life has been," Sonia said.

"Fine, we live in Elmwood, should take, what forty minutes to get here? After an hour, I'm having a whiskey and then taking a cab to a hotel."

Sonia leaned in a whispered, "If she doesn't show up for you, you can stay drinking till close and I'll drive you myself somewhere. But, if she does show, no yelling, just listen and try to give her a chance to explain. Deal?"

Jim whispered back, "If I stay drinking till close, I won't be a gentleman and will want to get my mouth on those perfect little tits."

"Won't matter, she'll show," Sonia said in a normal voice and pointed to the coffee.

Jim's driving estimate ended up being completely off. Less than twenty minutes later, Tricia walked into the club. Despite her puffy red eyes, and no make-up, Jim thought she looked so beautiful. No wonder people often told Tricia she looked like the actor, Amy Adams. Those piercing green eyes, long natural curly strawberry-blond hair tied back in a ponytail, and her t-shirt and yoga pants still flattered her five-foot-nine figure, with her D-cup breasts that were once DD, before she got a reduction and lift about four years prior. She'd always been a little shorter and curvier than Lillian, but Jim's wife always took a lot of pride keeping her body in great shape. Tricia looked around frowning, and then seemed to be glaring at Jim, until he realized it was at Sonia.

"Where's Maeve?" Jim said coldly.

"Not coming into a place like this," Tricia hissed, "We grabbed the spare keys and she's driving your car home. Show over?"

"We only have dancers Thursday to Saturday," Sonia said brightly, "You must be Tricia. You look like you could use a coffee, tea or maybe a juice."

"Sorry, but this isn't the type of place I'd have a drink at," Tricia said in a snotty tone.

"No, probably not. Neither me or any of the girls, to the best of my knowledge, have ever been tagged-teamed by two of their husband's friends behind his back," Sonia replied cheerfully.

"You told her?" Tricia said in a high pitch hoarse voice, her pale face going red.

Jim glared at his wife. "Sonia is who you have to thank for me not stumbling drunk in a cab and going to stay at a hotel for who knows how long. Be nice to her."

"And how did she do that?" Tricia gave the younger woman a dirty look.

Sonia shrugged. "Promised to show him my boobs if he sobered up a bit and called you. It worked."

"What?" Tricia started to cry, and look undecided whether to yell at Jim or Sonia.

"Look, Tricia, sorry for being harsh with that tag-teamed comment, but I am a little protective of this club," Sonia said still smiling, "It was a quick flash, and more of a joke than anything. Now, you two definitely need to talk about some things. You can go home and hash it out in front of your daughter or have something to drink - on the house - here and talk in a little more privacy. Your husband was upset, so I listened. Jim is an amazing man, from what I got to know about him, but nothing was going to happen. He loves you too much. So, what will it be?"

Tricia wiped her eye. "You tried to have sex with Lil today. She told me."

"I was in shock, mad, and she offered first to square things up," Jim said coldly, "But you told her I wasn't interested. Remember?"

"An orange juice and vodka please," Tricia said sharply and sat on the stool beside Jim, "Better make it a double."

Sonia had a tight face, nodded and then went and brought Tricia her drink. "I think I better go see how the old farts are doing." She put a couple of beers on a tray and headed towards the VLT section.

Tricia took a big swallow of her drink, as her eyes followed the younger woman. "Did you really get her to show you her boobs? Doesn't seem like your type. All those tattoos."

"Trish, tell me the truth. What the fuck happened that night?" Jim said, looking towards the bar, not his wife, "I've heard two different stories. I can't think anything can be worse than the one I believe at the moment, so tell me."

"The truth?" Tricia said, and she started to cry again, "The truth is I really don't remember. I let myself get so fucked up, the whole thing is like a blur. At first, I didn't think it was real, just some bad trip. It wasn't until Lillian found me wandering in the house looking for a bathroom that it sunk in what I did."

"And just what did you do?" Jim said in mock happy tone.

Tricia broke down blubbering. Jim could see out of the corner of his eye tears running down her face, and even her nose was running. He kept quietly looking forward, sipping at his coffee.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Sonia was right in front of the two of them, handing a clean white cloth to Tricia.