The Ninth Step Pt. 01

Story Info
An old friend's confession changes everything.
11.5k words
4.38
67.8k
117

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hotprof1973
hotprof1973
1,260 Followers

First off, this is not one for the BTW crowd. Secondly, the second and final part is already written and edited. I will be submitting it as soon as this one is published, so you are wasting your time telling me what to happen in it. There also is minimal sex in this part of the story. If you already haven't jumped to the end of the story to do your "1 star" comment and make a chicken-like sound, I hope you enjoy this story, which had some very fun characters to write. As with all my stories, I'm not trying to judge or give a moral lesson of what should happen, but rather what happens in the situation I've created for these specific characters. And last and definitely not least, I have to give a huge thanks for rnebular for editing and giving suggestions to the complete story, before I decided to chop it into two. Those who take their time to edit others stories for this site do not get enough credit as they deserve for greatly improving people's reading pleasure.

-HP

*****************

Jim Kerson was caught off guard as a haggard-looking man, with long greying hair and a bushy beard, came into his office. The man was wearing dirty sweats with a few tears, a Harley Davidson t-shirt with numerous faded tattoos covering most of his visible skin - even his neck. Not the normal client he would see as senior loan manager of the bank branch where he'd worked for the past twelve years. The man reeked of cigarettes and body odor, which gave Jim the impression that he might be homeless.

Jim was reaching for his phone to call security, when suddenly the man's face looked strangely familiar. "Rory is that you?"

The man smiled and nodded. "Hey, Jimmy. It's been quite a while. You're looking really good. Not a day over thirty."

Jim wished he could say the same. He'd known Rory Dell since middle-school. They were in the same grade and played on many sports teams over the years. Jim was the short speedy guy, while Rory was the tall, tough as nails guy. Rory was also quite popular with the ladies in high school, who were certain he would go professional in either football or hockey. That changed in grade twelve when a knee injury Rory suffered skiing ended any hope of professional sports. Rory instead turned to his other two loves, fixing cars and drinking.

Jim remain friends with Rory after high school - even naming him one of his groomsmen when he married Tricia Lukas nineteen years ago - but they drifted apart after that. Rory was too into partying and Jim realized as a married man about to start a career after college, that he needed to become more responsible. It had to have been seventeen years since Jim last had any contact at all with Rory, but he heard rumors.

"Wow, Rory. It's been forever," Jim said shaking his old friend's hand, "Been what, over fifteen years?"

"Seventeen and ten months, but who's counting," Rory said and smiled showing yellow teeth that needed some dental work.

"Shit, ya it's been that long. So, how've you been?" Jim asked.

"To be blunt, my life went right into the fucking toilet," Rory said with a shrug, "Remember all the crazy drinking and the pot? Of course, you fucking bailed on me shortly after I was experimenting with the occasional blow, acid or whatever the fuck else I could get hold of."

The bearded man must have read something in Jim's face because he smiled and shook his head, "No, don't feel bad. You were right to avoid me. Let's say the experimenting turned into a mean habit. I lost my job, my girlfriend, and nearly killed myself so I got off the hard drugs. However, the drinking was something else. Not sure if you heard about my legal troubles, but I got caught a few times driving under the influence. Trashed my truck and nearly got myself killed about ten years ago, but that didn't stop me. It was when I ran a red light driving fall-down drunk in the middle of the day and t-boned a min-van that finally forced me to stop. That and the fact I spend the last eight years in prison for killing a mom and her little girl."

Jim's jaw dropped. One of the rumors he heard was Rory was incarcerated for killing someone. Now knowing it was true, he really didn't know what to say, and was starting to worry why Rory would approach him after all these years.

"Now look, I'm not looking for a hand-out or pity, if that's gotcha fucking worried," Rory said waving an extended hand, "I mean, I've been completely clean now for eight years - except coffee and smokes - and I have an apartment and a job. Nothing glamorous, I do sewage work - that's why I'm so dressed up. I have one of those jobs you shower after your shift, not before like you. It's just that I've been walking by here on my way to work every morning for about two weeks and it's taken me this long to get enough strength to do this." The bigger man's eyes started to water a bit.

Jim took a breath. While he did feel sympathy for his old friend, the term 'dug your own grave' came to mind. However, he was glad Rory seemed to have turned things around, but that didn't make him feel any less uncomfortable.

"Once I was in prison, I reconnected with the church and started a twelve-step program to get myself cleaned up. Familiar with that?"

Jim nodded. "That's like AA, right?"

"Exactly, like fucking AA. Now you go through these steps and often go three steps up and two back. The eighth step, shit, it must have been six years ago. That was one of the fucking hardest. Making a list of all the people you've wronged because of your addictions. You were on that list. Now, the ninth step is asking forgiveness and attempting to make amends, except when it would injure them or others.

"Now, you are the only one left on the list, who's still alive that I haven't crossed off. I've fucking tossed and turned and debated in my head so many fucking times because of the last part. I've talked with sponsors and even a counselor that I've seen. I'm sorry, but this might injure you and maybe others - emotionally, but with the help of people who are way fucking smarter than you or me, I know telling you and asking you to try and forgive me is the right thing to do."

Jim had a funny feeling in his gut. "What are you talking about Rory?"

A tear fell down Rory's eyes, and he looked completely ashamed. He frowned and shook his head. "Jim, at one of the last parties we were ever both at - New Years at Geoff Sander's place - I'm sure you know I brought some blow and other shit to share. Geoff's RV was the party bus and people go in there from the house to do a line or drop some acid, maybe mess around a bit, and then head back again. I know you didn't partake that night, just drank yourself stupid, but Tricia..."

Rory sighed and shook his head, tears still falling down his cheek. "Geoff and I tag-teamed your wife that night. Took turns fucking her while she sucked the other off and both of us came several times either in her mouth or on her. I know I never came in her coochie, but no clue if Geoff did or not."

"What?" Jim felt sick to his stomach and was in complete shook. Geoff Sanders was the best man at his wedding and along with his wife, Lillian, were still best friends with him and Tricia. Their kids were also best friends; around the same age and went to the same school since preschool. Jim's daughter, Maeve was about to go to college with Geoff's daughter, Patience, and share an apartment together.

"We were doing some serious shit, and Geoff got all flirty with Trish. Next thing I knew, he was sucking on her naked tits, gave me kinda a nod and wink, so I just joined in. I felt so fucking horrible in the morning. I knew how much she meant to you, and you were practically newlyweds. I think that's why I was avoiding you as much as you were avoiding me after that. I heard you guys are still married and have kids. I don't know if you still have anything to do with Sanders, but you really needed to know. I am so sorry, it was a horrible thing to do, and never would've happened if me and your wife were sober. I really hope someday you can forgive me. That's about it. I'm sorry for the pain this news will cause you and your family. Bye, Jimmy."

With that, Rory got up and walked out, leaving Jim completely bewildered. His first instinct was that to be a mistake. He remembered that night, it was their first New Years as a married couple, and Tricia did get out of hand. He remembered her being sick as a dog, puking a few times during the cab ride home, and spending almost the entire following day in bed. They both decided to quit all recreational drugs shortly after. However, nothing he remembered in all the years of marriage gave him any reason to doubt his wife's fidelity. She got all guilty hiding the plans for the surprise party for his fortieth birthday party, there was no way she could hide something that big.

And Geoff? If there was a guy Jim would take a bullet for, and believed he'd take a bullet right back, it was Sanders. He was a guidance counselor at the high school their kids attended now, and highly respected in the community. Not the type to mess around, considering Lillian and Geoff were already living together at the time of that party. However, Jim did have to admit to himself, he was aware of the 'party bus,' and that Tricia and Geoff did both leave the house to do a quick line of blow at least once that he was aware of. Jim wasn't sure if they ever left the house together, but there was a chance they did.

For the rest of the morning, Jim was all over the place. One minute, furious at his wife and Geoff, the next feeling like a complete idiot because there was no way what Rory said really happened. However, if it did, it was a long time ago and Tricia was only nineteen then. But, if Tricia and Geoff were intimate once, they had plenty of opportunities over the years to keep going behind his back. His entire happy marriage could be one big sham - and this with being four months from being empty nesters while Maeve headed to college.

Normally, Jim and his wife exchanged numerous texts during the workday. Tricia was the HR director for a local brewery, and always found time to flirt via text. She sent three to Jim that morning and he didn't respond until the third one that simply said, you busy?

Jim responded with, yes.

Normally, Jim would go out with his coworkers for lunch to one of the nearby restaurants or pubs. He really didn't feel like being around people with the whirlwind going on in his brain, so he just grabbed a sandwich from the deli across the street and ate alone in his office. He had no clue what he was going to do; every decision looked lose-lose. Confront Tricia and either she admits it, or she wouldn't. If she did, he might not be able to stay married with her. If she didn't, he might not believe her, or she could be so offended by the accusation that she flips out. Ignore it, and the unknown could eat him up inside.

It was about one thirty when Jim finally thought of something he could do. Geoff's wife, Lillian was a nurse and Jim knew from hanging out with them the past weekend that she was on evenings that week. That meant she was home alone and probably just getting up.

Jim texted Lillian: Hi Lil. Sorry if I woke you. If you are free I really need to have a word with you. Somewhere private and just between us.

He didn't receive her reply until ten minutes later, Jim Hi! Just got out of the shower. Whose party are we planning? Take it you are working today. Can meet you at Graceys in 1/2 an hr if that works?

Gracey's was a greasy spoon around the corner from the bank. Jim finished a file that he was working on and told the receptionist, Sherry, that he was taking the rest of the afternoon off. He also told her that if Tricia called, he was in a meeting. Sherry knew Tricia, but not that well. The frown and nod she gave reassured Jim that she would do what he asked, but she didn't approve.

Lillian had a big smile waving vigorously as Jim walked into the diner. As Jim approached the tall leggy brunette, wearing cut-off jean shorts and a tank top, he was thinking about how stupid Geoff was if he'd cheated on her. Jim loved his wife very much, and still thought she was one of the sexiest women around. However, Lillian was one of those so beautiful, it had to be too good to be true. Granted, Geoff always was one of the guys who turned all the girl's heads, but Lillian still seemed out of his league when they started dating. She literally was a model who did some catalog and local runway work to put herself through school. With her flawless face, cheekbones, and full lips, she looked like she could still model. However, Lillian was also the sweetest person Jim knew. A big-hearted woman, who always put others first. Having her, how could Geoff have even considered cheating with Tricia?

"So, Jimmy, what's the big secret plan?" Lillian said with a smirk, but then changed as she saw his face, "Oh God, what's wrong?"

Jim didn't respond, instead ordered a coffee and waited until he had a few sips before talking. "Lillian, do you remember the New Year's Eve party at your house - after the summer that Trish and I married?"

Lillian's eye went really wide and her mouth went tight.

"You knew," Jim said, and it felt like his world just crashed.

"And you didn't. Sorry, I should've known they lied to me," Lillian replied in a soft voice, though her eyes looked angry.

"How did you find out? When?" Jim asked, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Right when it happened. Both of them told me that you knew." Lillian said shaking her head. "I feel so fucking stupid. That's actually one of the reasons I still married Geoff after he cheated. 'If Jim can forgive Trish, why can't you forgive me?' I should've known - you two looked as happy as always right after. Like nothing happened."

"Lillian, tell me. How did you find out?" Jim pressed.

Lillian sighed and shrugged. "At the party, near the end, I found Tricia in the upstairs bathroom trying to clean herself off. It was obvious that she had sex. I mean, there was fresh cum on her neck and chest. You two being newlyweds, I just assumed you found some place in the house and had a little fun and didn't think much of it. Hell, you wouldn't have even been the only ones. That party was pretty wild, and I thought me and Geoff were the only ones who didn't get laid during it.

"Anyway, I helped remove her dress and get herself cleaned up- she was so wasted there's no way she could've without my help. I got her redressed and presentable and left her to take care of nature. I think when I saw you downstairs after, I even gave you a wink about having a good time.

"When everyone left, I found Geoff passed out in bed half-naked. I was so exhausted that I collapsed on the other side of the bed and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning hung over and horny as fuck knowing all the fooling around that happened the night before. I decided to wake Geoff up with a blowjob. I didn't even get his dick in his mouth before I could smell another woman's pussy juice all over him. I woke him by squeezing his balls and didn't stop squeezing until he told me what I suspected. He had sex with Tricia that night. He said it just happened in the garage and it ended as fast as it started with him pulling out and coming on her. I was so mad and wanted to tell you right away. He begged me to stay and promised that Tricia would tell you everything that day.

"Later that day, he said she confessed and that you were mad but willing to work things out. I spoke to Tricia later that week, and she said the same thing. I'm surprised you didn't pick up things were strained between Trish and I for quite a while - we were 'friendly' but not friends for a few years until I finally forgave her. That's why I didn't pick her to be my maid of honor. Eventually, I accepted it was a mistake that neither would've done without the drugs and alcohol in their system and moved on - with one condition."

"Condition?" Jim said, still trying to wrap his head around how big the secret was.

Lillian smiled sheepishly. "Initially, I said you and I should fuck to even things out. Tricia said she already thought of that, but you didn't agree and felt two wrongs don't make a right. I respected that and didn't push it. So, instead, I fucked an intern at the hospital. Tall black guy with a British accent, who was a complete self-centered asshole, but was good with his tongue and cock. After I did that, we did a bit of couple's counseling at my insistence because Geoff didn't like when the shoe was on the other foot. Ironically, he was a little ashamed of that being a counselor himself, so we didn't share, but it helped me reconnect with him and rebuild my friendship with Tricia. I still can't believe you had no clue about any of this?"

Jim took a sharp breath, squeezing his coffee mug so hard his hand was getting sore. "Lillian, with you doing shift work and me having to take the occasional work trip, do you think there's any possibility..."

"Jim, I'm going to cut you off right there," Lillian said holding out her hand, "Frankly, I'm quite pissed at both of them for lying to me about telling you what happened. However, I have absolutely no doubt it was a one-time thing. Believe me, even after getting married, it took ten years to really start trusting my husband to not cheat. I tracked him, I had others track him, and I kept tabs when there was any chance of a repeat performance between the two - almost testing them. I know you must be super mad, but the truth is that it just was a heat of the moment quick fling in our garage that was over before either even realized what they did. They both feel super awful, and lying about it wasn't right, but I know Trish loves you more than anything and only lied to save your marriage. Considering how you two have always been the model happy couple, maybe it was for the best and you should just forget you know? By the way, how did you find out?"

Jim closed his eyes and laughed. It was out of pure frustration, it was either laugh or scream. Lillian looked completely confused by his reaction.

Once he stopped laughing Jim said, "Remember our old school friend, Rory?"

Lillian frowned. "The druggie? At that same party, that asshole made such a mess in our RV that I refused to clean it. At least all the other lovers that night were considerate enough to clean up a bit, but not that loser. It was so gross, like he had an orgy in there. Cum on the sheets, the wall and towels, and even some shit stains. Probably with Monica, that slut, or..." Her eyes suddenly changed, and Jim smiled. He wasn't the only one who knew something the other didn't.

"Well, he's doing the twelve steps and came to see me to confess wrong-doings and ask forgiveness," Jim said coldly, "He told me all about how him and your husband took turns fucking my wife while she sucked the others cock in your RV. From the sound of it, it was quite the experience, with both guys cumming multiple times. A little more than a quick mistake."

Lillian looked completely horrified. "I never knew... that asshole... I could've got an STD, AIDS, anything from that junkie loser."

"Well, considering how 'happy' everyone is, it must have been for the best to keep that from you," Jim said sarcastically.

Lillian reached and touched his hand. "Jim, even still. It was so long ago. Shit, we were practically kids then. Tricia was only nineteen and she was really wasted. I'm still sure she didn't mean for it to happen. Don't do anything stupid. Cool off and give her a chance to explain."

"For the record, if I knew back then, I would have gladly fucked you without hesitation, and then probably filed for divorce," Jim said and snorted, "If the offer is still on the table, we can go somewhere now."

hotprof1973
hotprof1973
1,260 Followers