The Ninth Step Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Here, dear," Sonia said softly, giving Jim a dirty glance.

"Thank you," Tricia said to her, and then turned to Jim, "Why do you need me to say it? You know what I did. I fucked and sucked Geoff and one of his friends in his RV. I told you, I don't remember any of it. I was drunk, high, and tripping on whatever shit that Geoff talked me into taking in there. I think I remember him kissing my body and telling me that you were okay with it. This is going to sound really fucking stupid, but I actually thought you were there. I swear that's the truth. That it was you and Geoff fucking me that night. Everything I could remember seeing was fucked up, all distorted with just colors and shapes, so that's what I thought."

"You expect me to believe you thought I'd want to share you with Geoff?" Jim snarled.

"Shhh, let her talk," Sonia said, "So you were hallucinating and don't remember who was there - except Geoff." Jim gave her a sour look for butting in.

Tricia shrugged. "I knew it was Geoff because he grabbed me by the hand to take me there. Teased me because Jim would occasionally do a line of blow - at least at the time - and I'd just take a toke from a joint. I was drunk enough that I wanted to prove I wasn't a stick in the mud - as he called me. I don't even know if him kissing or mentioning Jim was real - he told me that he also doesn't remember everything."

"And you thought it was me?" Jim said incredulously shaking his head.

"At first, I thought nothing happened at all, that it was just a bad trip. Fuck, I'd never done any drugs like that before, so I had no clue," Tricia said starting to cry again, "Then Lil found me and helped me clean up and I knew it was real. I could taste them in my mouth and dripping between my legs. I remember her making some comment about us being a newlyweds, so I was a little calmer because I figured even though I had sex with another man, you were also there. However, I was really nervous how Lillian would react if she found out about Geoff joining us.

"I tried to find Geoff, but couldn't, so I looked for you. I found you almost passed out on the couch. I asked when you got there, and was told by a couple people that you were sitting there drinking for hours. That's when I knew that you weren't the other man. I was physically ill with the fact I had sex with two other men that weren't my husband. I was a mess, but scared to be around Lillian. The Felt's helped me get you into a cab, and I'm sure you remember I had to get him to pull over a couple times to puke on the road. I got to bed but was wide-awake. My heart was racing so fast, I thought I would die. I actually didn't sleep until the following night, I just pretended to be when you came in because I couldn't face you, out of shame for what I'd done."

Jim snorted and shook his head. "And the big cover up? How did that happen? Lillian told me how she knew Geoff cheated the next morning - though he failed to mention the RV or it being a threesome."

"Can you please tell me something first?" Tricia said softly, wiping her eyes, "How did you find out? Before talking to Lillian?"

"She didn't tell you that, but that I offered to fuck her?" Jim said shaking his head. Sonia frowned and refilled his coffee. "Well Dear, do you remember Rory Dell?"

Tricia wrinkled her nose. "That drunk creep you talked me into being in our wedding party? He was selling you guys the drugs in the old days. He didn't watch us, did he?"

Jim turned and looked at her for the first time, and just smiled faintly.

Tricia had a look of disgust and finished her drink in two big gulps, then gestured to Sonia for another. "That fucker lied. I asked Geoff who the other guy was, and he said it was a friend of his from out of town that you and I didn't know, so there was no chance you'd ever find out."

"So, when did that conversation take place?" Jim asked, turning back to face forward.

Tricia ignored his question and asked her own. "I fucked Rory Dell that night, and he just told you yesterday?"

Jim shrugged. "He's doing twelve steps, so he was apologizing to people wronged while he was using."

"He raped me, where was my apology?" Tricia spat out.

Jim chuckled. "Rape? From his story, and nothing you've said makes me doubt it, you were more than willing to go along. Sucking and fucking, switch, sucking and fucking, switch, until they each blew several loads in or on you. Even Lillian said it looked like an orgy happened in there the next day - even sounds like some anal play happened."

"Jim," Sonia said sternly, "That's not helping. Obviously, she wasn't in any shape to consent to sex with someone who wasn't her husband."

"No, he's right. I acted like a fucking slut that night. But I thought it was you, I swear on my life. I went along with it, and enjoyed it, because I really thought it was with you." Tricia put her head down, sobbing, and Sonia patted her shoulder.

"You didn't answer my question. When did you discuss what happened with my 'best friend'?" Jim said coldly.

"Two days later when you went to the gym, I called him. I told him that I knew it wasn't you and demanded to know who the other guy was. As you know, he lied, but he also said that Lillian knew what happened. I nearly had a nervous breakdown, I was freaking out, yelling at him and threatening to let you kill him. You know Geoff, Mr. Counseling; he calmed me down and convinced me that the best for everybody was for you never to find out. Geoff said the only positive out of telling you would be lessening my own guilt, but at the cost of greatly hurting you. He said you'd leave me and then he probably would have no chance fixing things with Lillian. Geoff said that he already told Lillian that you knew, and we were working things out.

"Later that week, she asked me to come over. I was so nervous, but was also convinced keeping the truth from you would spare you a lot of pain and not kill our marriage before it really began. It's not an excuse, but I was a lot more naïve back then, and really thought I was doing the right thing - lying to both you and Lillian."

Jim raised his eyebrows. "So, when she offered to even things out by sleeping with me, you told her I wouldn't do it to keep with the deception?"

"No, I couldn't bear the thought of you with her. It would kill me inside. She's so beautiful, skinny and perfect - she still is. You two would've had sex and then she'd take you from me. You're twice the man her husband is, and she knows it." Tricia again, lowered her head crying and then gestured for another drink.

Sonia lightly touched her shoulder. "Sorry, but I think you've had enough. You need to be clearheaded enough to talk about this. Excuse me, I need to kick the old farts out so I can get ready to close. But, you two take your time."

"Jim, are you leaving me?" Tricia asked softly.

"I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm still wrapping my head around everything. I came to this bar to get blind drunk. Who knew I'd find a bartender-slash-marriage counselor?"

"She likes you, sexually-likes you. I could see it as soon as I walked in. Did you like seeing her naked?" Tricia sounded defeated.

"It was a quick flash, and yeah, they were really nice. But I didn't marry you for your tits - which are nicer than both Sonia and Lillian's - before and after your surgery. I wouldn't leave you just for a set of tits either," Jim said, "Look, I'm still trying to come to terms with all this. You have to understand this happening so soon in our relationship now has me rethinking a shitload of stuff that happened since."

"Okay, I guess that makes sense."

Jim turned and pointed at her. "One thing, if I catch you in one more lie, even a little white one, I am just going to leave and might never come back. Understand?"

"Yes, what do you want me to say? What I've told you is the truth. I don't remember any of it. The only reason I know I did suck them off is they went in my mouth. You're right, from how much my asshole hurt after, either a finger or even a cock went in there. There was no cum inside my vagina just around the opening, so I don't know if condoms were used, but I suspected they didn't and just had enough sense to pull out. That's why I went to a clinic and got fully tested. I did catch a vaginal infection, but no STDs"

Jim closed his eyes and shook his head. "But we kept having sex without protection starting a day later if I remember. Shit, at least five times a week until you got your next monthly."

Tricia frowned and shrugged. "I told you I was young and stupid back then. I know I could've given you something, but I didn't want to risk you suspecting anything. Plus, I was feeling so horrible towards myself, I needed that physical intimacy. It was only because of your love that I didn't end up in a mental ward; I was that upset on the inside."

"Well, I'm so glad that I was able to help you recover from fucking my two friends," Jim said sarcastically.

"Jim!" Sonia scolded, returning to behind the bar. The place now empty and the lights turned up.

Sonia shook her head. "It's okay, I deserve that. I know I was being a selfish bitch, leaning on you like that when it was my fault."

"Well, from what your husband shared with me," Sonia said looking right at Jim, "He wasn't exactly suffering with you 'leaning on him' for physical intimacy - especially the blowjob variety. You must love giving oral."

Tricia's eyes went wide, and she blushed. "Oh, well those weren't for me. You wanted no white lies; I don't get anything from doing that and hate the taste. Okay, that's not completely true, I like that you enjoy them so much, that's why I do them. And it does turn me on knowing I can make you feel that good. I guess, I also wanted to keep proving to myself that I deserved to have such an amazing husband."

Sonia looked at Jim with a raised eyebrow and a quick smirk. Jim was starting to think she'd been right about most things, and maybe he should take her advice without the bribes. He couldn't say he regretted seeing her boobs though, and Sonia didn't seem to mind showing them.

"Trish, I'm sure you know I have to ask this," Jim said turning to face his wife. He wanted to see her face when she answered. "Was that night the only time you were unfaithful to me in all our time together - even when dating?"

"Yes, definitely. Over the years, I've been hit on and some harmless flirting - you've witnessed that - but I haven't as much kissed a man more than a peck. And since we started dating, nothing like that ever happened before that night."

Jim glanced at Sonia, having a strong feeling she would be right again. He turned to his wife, took a breath, and then asked, "I believe you. Has Geoff ever made attempts to have sex with you after that night?"

From the look on Tricia's face, Jim knew the answer before she nodded. He added, "Even when he was sober?"

Tricia looked down and fidgeted with the coffee cup that Sonia put in front of her. "He never was vulgar or aggressive or anything. More like suggestive comments knowing I got the hint of what he meant. When I'd remind him that I could never do that to you ever again, he'd drop it for the moment and respect my wishes."

"When was the last time he propositioned you?" Jim asked calmly. He could see Sonia giving him a 'told you so' look.

Tricia shrugged, looking nervous. "Last month."

Jim closed his eyes. Not only did his best friend fuck his wife months after their wedding, he's been trying for a repeat performance for eighteen years. "Tell me what happened the last time, please. I'm assuming it's when I had to go to Philadelphia for a couple days for a meeting at the main branch?"

"I told you, nothing happened. I mean, Lil was working so Geoff came over with Patience for supper. I'm sure I told you about that. The girls were hanging out while Geoff helped me with dishes. He leaned in and said that I had very kissable lips, and then glanced down so I knew he didn't mean my mouth. I told him that I couldn't do that to you."

"Not, 'no, I'm happily married and don't want you?' Sorry, but that sounds like you wanted him to kiss your lips, but were making excuses. No wonder he never gave up," Jim snapped. Tricia began crying and he rolled his eyes. All she did since arriving was cry, when he was the one in pain that she caused.

"You don't understand," said Tricia, in between sobs, "Of course, I didn't want to kiss or do anything else with him. He never tried anything further when I turned him down politely, so that's what I'd always do. I never even let him touch me in a way that he wouldn't with you present. He was your friend and if I made him mad, he could easily ruin my marriage, without anything happening to him. His marriage is different than ours, which I thought you knew. They let each other have sex with other people."

"Did you ever hear that from his wife - that she was okay with him sleeping around?" Sonia interjected.

"Not directly, but Lil wanted to have sex with Jim - hinted she was still interested when she called me tonight. And I know she's fucking doctors at her work," Tricia stammered, "Geoff told me, and I heard rumors years ago."

Sonia frowned and shook her head. "Sweetie, he played you back then and has been trying to do it ever since. Good for you for not falling completely for it a second time; he's a serial cheater and any flings Lillian had were trying to get a bit of payback for his cheating - and I bet that was years ago. Either she's in denial or just accepting that's how he is."

"Trish, for us to have any, any chance of remaining married," Jim said sternly, "You have to promise me to never have anything to do with Geoff socially ever again - or Lillian while they are still together."

"What? Nothing has happened ever since that night. He's your best friend. Our daughters are best friends and moving in together for school." Tricia looked surprised.

"A best friend does not repeatedly try to seduce their friend's wife," Jim said, "I know it will be awkward, but that's just how it needs to be. And, Maeve needs to know why."

Tricia's eyes got wide. "What? No, you can't let her find out what I did? She'd never forgive me. She'll think I'm some horrible slut."

"How old is she?" Sonia asked.

"Seventeen," Jim answered, "Turning eighteen next month."

Sonia rolled her eyes. "She's practically an adult and I'm guessing close to how old you were when this happened. She knows all about the birds and the bees. Besides, Jim is right, she needs to know why you're going to shut her best friend's parents out of your life - and why things are going to be really hard going forward. You don't want her to jump to conclusions and pick sides. What explanation did you give for Jim disappearing tonight?"

Tricia shrugged. "Said it was a midlife crisis thing?"

Sonia make a face of frustration and put her hand on her forehead. "And he's in my place? You all but told your daughter that Jim's cheating on you. I take it she's a little miffed at her dad at the moment. On top of everything, do you want the guilt of wrecking a father-daughter relationship?"

"She'll be ashamed of me if she finds out. Maeve will hate me and I'll lose her, like I'm going to lose you," Tricia said sobbing.

Jim reached and touched his wife's hand. She jerked her head up in surprise and looked at him. "Maeve is a smart girl. She might be mad and a little disappointed, but she's a really smart kid and will want to support us."

"And you two will need her support - and you need to keep your daughter away from a creep like Geoff," Sonia said.

"Oh, Geoff would never try anything," Jim started, but then realized twenty-four hours ago, he had no clue about him pursuing Tricia. He also remembered how Sonia had been completely right about everything so far.

"He's made comments and glanced at her - especially when she's in a bikini," Tricia said, "You're right. She needs to know, I will call Geoff, and you talk to Lillian. Please don't tell Maeve I told you this, but her and Patience are more than friends."

Jim nodded. He'd suspected but didn't concern himself or pry. Honestly, he would be uncomfortable thinking about his daughter with anyone - male or female, but in the end only cared about her happiness.

"I'm pretty sure Geoff and Lillian both know. Maeve keeps saying she's going to tell you when she's ready. I told her that you don't care as long as she's happy. But, this will really complicate things for them."

Jim shrugged. "Maybe I should tell her that I found out and you're right, it doesn't matter to me. She'll always be my little girl."

"Bad idea, you could spook her," Sonia said, "You strike me as the guy who doesn't do any gay bashing at home. I'd suggest commenting on stories or celebrities getting treated badly because of their sexuality and speak against it. Show that you're not only accepting, but also willing to stand up for her sexuality. Once she's confident she won't lose her daddy protector, she'll come out."

"I'm sorry, but who are you Sonia?" Tricia said raising her eyebrow, "A random bartender who decided to fix all my family's problems - after flashing your breasts at my husband?"

"Club manager, actually," Jim said.

Sonia laughed and shrugged with a big smirk. "I'm just a woman, who runs this place, had a lot of experiences and am great at reading people because of those experiences. I also enjoy showing off my body to good people I really like, which includes Jimmy, here. I'm also a sucker for lost causes, like your husband, who walked into here looking like he lost everything that he loved in the whole world, which I assumed was you."

"You're exaggerating," Jim said, but knew he didn't sound that convincing.

"I indulged his pity party for a few hours, but also did a bit of prying. At least enough to know, besides being rather handsome for an older man, Jim is a really great guy who found himself in a real shitty deal." Sonia smiled awkwardly and looked down. "I actually was considering sleeping with him, not that I ever fool around with married men - that is unless they're leaving a bad marriage. So, I pried more to find out how shitty a deal it really was, and discovered he still loved you more than everything, and deserved a chance to try and make things work. Somewhere in the middle, yes, I let him look at my tits. But he looked at them like I was a picture hanging up, or a skin scene in some movie. That's when I knew for sure that I had no chance at anything other than a one-night stand even if he was leaving you. I wouldn't want that, Jimmy's the type you fall in love with and marry."

"Well, I'm really glad you didn't fuck my husband and decided to interfere in our lives," Tricia said and pulled out her phone.

"Jim's sober enough now to drive, don't worry about a cab," Sonia said waving her hand dismissively.

"Sonia, can I get your number? I'd like to have you over for supper sometime to show my thanks." Tricia said putting an emphasis on the last three words, smiling.

Sonia almost seemed to flinch like Tricia took a swing at her. "Tricia, I'm really flattered. Like I said, Jim's the type of guy I can see myself really developing feelings for. Us three having sex together isn't a good idea, and I don't think it will help your marriage."

"Tricia didn't think that," Jim said with an uneasy laugh and then looked at his wife. "Trish?"

"I guess I promised no white lies," Tricia smiled and shook her head. "A little part of me was considering that - to even things out with Jim getting a threesome. And you are so pretty. However, I already know it wouldn't do anything but complicate things - especially right now. Besides, like Lillian, Jim could fall for you and leave me. No, I am offering just supper and hopefully friendship. Maybe some more advice as we work through things?"