The Oathkeepers Ch. 05

Story Info
Paragon has a gala.
8.6k words
4.8
12.2k
14

Part 5 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/17/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aegis stood watch over Paragon and Zoe the rest of the night. Paragon had smirked as he climbed back into bed with Zoe. Aegis stood sentinel by the door and forced himself to watch as Paragon wrapped his arms around her. She'd whimpered in her sleep and nuzzled her face into his arm. Her gentle sigh had pierced him. He was such a fool. To think he could ever compete against Paragon. The Gilded knew how to wrap his will around anyone. Like so many before, Zoe would become putty within his fingers. She already melted against him.

Still, he'd forced himself to watch as the sun gently filtered into the room and Paragon had slid down the bed and awoken her softly with his tongue against her sensitive folds. Her body had flushed with arousal, her abused nipples standing dark against her pale skin as she arched in the bed. Her soft, mewling cries of pleasure had sent his cock jerking in excitement even as his vision narrowed in jealousy as he watched. Then she'd grabbed at Paragon's golden horns, the true mark of the Gilded male. The highest of Oathkeepers. Those horns told everyone, even a human female, Paragon's status. She ran her fingers along them, tugged them so they brushed against her belly as she began to writhe with her orgasm. She threw her head back, her cries long and wailing and her throat so tempting. Aegis ground his teeth seeing the marks from Paragon's hands though. Dark, finger shaped bruises circled her throat like a collar.

She'd collapsed back into the bed, spent and satisfied for the moment. Paragon had glanced back to him then. That same proud smile on his face as he caught Aegis's eye. 'See,' he seemed to say. 'She's mine.' He crawled on top of her, eased his cock tenderly into her trembling entrance. And they'd made love. Paragon had moved slowly, gently easing himself into her and with each long thrust she'd arched to meet him, soft moans again falling from her lips. Her hands traced his body, hungry and marveling as they touched the base of his wings, pulled his face to hers in a passionate kiss.

"My love," Paragon whispered into her ear as he took her.

"Yes," she moaned. She arched, grinding her hips against him.

"Is this what you want?" he continued.

"Yes," she cried as he thrust deeply and began to pick up the pace. The obscene slapping of skin against skin left Aegis's throat clenching. Every thrust from Paragon, Zoe met with high whine of need.

"Who do you belong to?" Paragon rasped as his climax built.

She bucked underneath him, again grabbing at his horns to force his face against her nipples. He suckled at them and her breaths came fast and urgent. As they again climaxed together she tugged at his horns, pulled his face to hers and bit at his mouth, kissing him hungrily as their bodies pulsed against each other. She flopped beneath him, arching and jerking her hips as she whined into his mouth.

"You, I belong to you. My body is yours," she panted as she rode the waves of Paragon.

And then finally her eyes flipped open. Those dazzling blue depths opened and fell on Aegis. She held his eye as she nibbled at Paragon's ear and ground her spent body against the Gilded Oathkeeper. "I'm yours," she whispered over and over with her lips on Paragon's ear, but her eyes on Aegis.

Aegis trembled, confusion and lust fluttering within him. He wanted to swoop across the room, throw Paragon from Zoe. Take her for himself. But a millennia of Oathkeeper breeding and principles held him frozen in place. This was the way of things. The Gilded were exalted. To disobey was to be a cursed. An Oathbreaker. So, he stood, tried to control his throbbing cock and aching heart.

~~

Zoe gripped Paragon's twitching body to hers. His wings fluttered above them, sending a soft breeze against her face. Aegis stood across the room. His shadowy presence loomed. Before she'd thought him her shield, a safe place. She understood now he wasn't. He couldn't protect her from man that engulfed her now. So she stared at him, hoped he could feel her disgust. Her rejection. Aegis had saved her from death once. But he couldn't save her from Paragon.

But she saw in his dark eyes his lust. He wanted her. Wanted her so badly that his wings stretched anxiously behind his back. His hands clenched at his sides and his neck strained as he clenched his jaw. As Paragon ran his lips along her neck, murmuring and coming down from his orgasm, Zoe remembered the feel of Aegis's lips on hers. So hungry and surprisingly soft on that severe face of his. She felt that twinge of arousal as she stared at Aegis. Though she hated him from the moment he'd stepped from her and left her alone with Paragon last night, her body was still drawn to him. Curious and conditioned to want his protection. He was the only other Oathkeeper she'd spoken to at length. The one who hovered at her side and treated her gently and possessively placed his hand on her back to warn others away.

Until Paragon arrived at least. And then Aegis dropped his head in submission and retreated, leaving her to the cruel and ravenous hands of the Gilded. With a deep sigh Paragon lifted his heavy body from hers. His slick cock slid from her and she snapped her eyes back to him and let out a little whine of protest. As expected, he grinned, his eyes intense as he took her in. He set a hand on her cheek, ran it down her neck and gave her a playful squeeze. The bruises from the night before ached under his fingers and she bit her lip, dropping her eyes in a show of surrender.

"Good Zoe," he growled as he planted a last, possessive kiss on her forehead. He rolled from the bed and playfully grabbed at her, sweeping her up and carrying her towards the bath.

She avoided Aegis's eyes. He still stood mute at the door and it seemed Paragon was intent on ignoring him. Paragon stepped into the heated bath and dropped her in. Her sensitive skin screamed and she yelped and floundered for a moment. Paragon chuckled and grabbed up a rough loofa. He stood in the middle of the pool and watched her, amusement in his golden eyes. The water came up to a bit above his waist but well above her chest. She stood on tip toes and brushed at her sweaty face. Paragon's hands caressed her hair, dipping her back slightly to soak her head.

"Like smoldering gold," he murmured as he fingered her wet hair.

He handed her the loofa. She dipped it into the water, ran it over his chest. He smiled down at her. No one could say she was a slow learner she mused as she washed the body of her captor. His skin shone glistening and golden as the rivulets of water rand down his chest. She scrubbed at his chest, moved slowly around him to his back. His wings were extended above them, the tips just barely touching the water and she ducked under the. She ran the loofa between the large muscles, dipping her hand down to circle his waist. She knew what he wanted. She leaned into him, pressing her breasts against his lower back, molding her body against his huge one. Standing in the pool made their size difference so much more apparent. She pressed her belly against his muscled buttocks, knowing her soft, slick skin was just what he wanted. She snaked her hands up and around his waist, reaching up to brush against his chest.

"Zoe," he murmured and grabbed up her hands. His wings flapped, sending ripples through the water. He released her hands and stepped from her. "Relax today. We have plans tonight," he rasped as he stepped from the pool. He glanced back to her, his eyes dark with restrained lust and his cock already swelling again.

She watched him go. The hatred she'd held down began to bubble to the surface. Untrained human mind. Well, she wasn't SO untrained. She was used to holding down her own feelings. She was used to men taking what they wanted. They were so simple. She could give Paragon exactly what he wanted. It was only survival. To tell him what he wanted to hear. To press herself against him. It was just a body. Her mind, her self she kept tightly wrapped, away from him.

She laid back in the heated pool, letting herself float as she heard him pad back across the chamber.

"See that Zoe is cleaned up for the day. I'll be showing her off at the gala in the Oasis this evening," he said lightly to Aegis and then the door clicked softly behind him and the room was silent. She knew Aegis still stood, stoic and unmoving at the door. Her own private black hole. She ignored him, let her body and mind drift in the pool.

~~

While Zoe floated in the bath Aegis slipped out to order one of the Garnets to send for an Ivory to bring Zoe some dresses and other things for the evening. A couple Ivories had arrived, made the bed, laid out several dresses in shades of gold, set some delicate looking vials and containers on the little vanity at the corner of the room and departed. Still Zoe floated within the pool. Aegis furtively peeked in a couple times, making sure she was alive. She was. And she ignored him.

His eyes grew heavy as he waited for her, he hadn't slept in over 24 hours. His self-imposed punishment, standing watch over Zoe seemed the least he could do for his transgression the day before. He couldn't regret it though. If he went the rest of his life, he could still pull up the feel of her warm lips on his. The tentative feel of her fingers running up his neck.

Zoe's coughed, snapping him back to the present. She stood, swimming in a large towel, her golden hair falling in dripping waves over her shoulders. Her face was bright red form her bath, she was still acclimating to the heat it seemed. "I'm going to dress. Do you have my next dose?"

He cleared his throat and nodded, unsure if he could trust himself to speak yet. The dark bruises on her neck defeated him. She turned and padded across the room to the dresses laid out. He followed her with his eyes and as she dropped the towel to the ground he sucked in a breath. Her ass was red and he swore he could still see the shape of Paragon's hand. He turned away and moved to the fireplace where the vials of pills from Keeper still sat from the day before. He dropped the next dose into his hand and set it on a plate. Considering the breakfast, he piled it with a few of the items he'd noticed her particularly enjoying the day before.

He sensed her move back across the room. She wore one of the day dresses, tied with a thin cord at her neck, her arms shone pale and bare in the morning sun. He retreated from her. Throwing open the terrace doors and stepping outside to give her space. Her mind spiked at him. Her anger rippled far below, but closer to the surface (and much more painful to feel) was disappointment in him. She distrusted him. Held him now at arm's length. And she was right to. Paragon's words from the night before needled at him. Any mistake from Aegis, Zoe would suffer from.

"I'm going to go read," she said stiffly, moving onto the terrace behind him.

He turned to her, trying to think of something to say to comfort her. But her eyes warmed him off. She didn't want his comfort. She held the plate of food though, gripped the oversized plate in her small hands. She paused, swept her eyes over him and then her brow furrowed. "Did you even sleep?"

"No."

Her expression softened slightly. "Well, go take a nap then. I imagine we'll need our energy for this evening. The gala," she spat the last word like it was a curse and brushed past him into the small passage to her library.

Aegis turned back to the railing, looking out over the Boundless Abyss. He stared daggers at the sea and gripped the rail so hard he felt the stone crack beneath his fingers. With a growl he spun from the view and stalked back into the chamber. Just a short nap. She was right. He'd need to have his wits about him tonight. Knowing Paragon, his punishment of the two of them wasn't over. Not by a long shot.

~~

Zoe lost track of time. She'd curled in the soft leather chair in her little den and fell into one of the hundreds of books that filled the shelf. It was only when her stomach began to rumble that she realized hours had passed. The longest she'd spent in peace since she'd arrived. Was it only two days ago? She crept from the room, finding the sun sitting much lower than she'd expected. It had to be inching into afternoon. As she exited the little passage she found the air heavier, hotter and realized there had to be some sort of atmospheric scrubbers in her little den that made it more comfortable for her human body. Paragon thought of everything it seemed.

Padding into the main chamber she shuffled to a stop, surprise niggling at her. Aegis lay stretched on his side on the chaise. His wings were tucked tightly at his back but his huge body lay limp in sleep. Strange curiosity pulled her toward him. She'd never seen him so relaxed. So...unguarded. Her guard. His face was now slack, one of his powerful arms now hung, sweeping the floor. She stood over him, running her eyes over his gigantic form. And then she thought of how much she hated him. She pulled her anger up, held it tight against her heart, let it swell and swell until she felt it would overwhelm him. And then she crouched and pointed it at him like a spear. "I hate you," she whispered, her face only a breath from his.

Aegis's eyes flipped open and Zoe nearly fell backwards in shock. It had worked. 'Untrained mind' her ass. His intense black eyes drilled into her, taking only a second to focus on her face. He sucked in a breath and sat up.

"How long did I sleep?" he gruffed as he rubbed at his head. She hoped she'd given him a hell of a headache.

"It's midafternoon," she said as she stepped back from him. He rose, continuing to rub at his head as he cast around. Did she sense some chagrin in him? He towered over her as normal and she suddenly remembered melting into his arms, finding his full lips. A place she'd thought could give her some comfort. Some sense of safety in this alien place. How wrong she'd been.

She turned from him and grabbed up one of the large pastries from the platter of magically-replenished food that always seemed to appear when her back was turned. Munching on it as she dropped into one of the chairs across from the fire. Aegis stretched, turning in a circle and straining his neck to look out the terrace doors.

"The gala will begin in a few hours. Should I send for some Ivories to help prepare you?" he asked, finally turning back to her. He avoided her eyes now. Stepped around her like she was poisonous.

"What will this gala be like?" she asked as she chewed.

"All the high colors will be there. There are usually performances, revelry. Do you not have galas?"

"Not any I'm invited to," she shrugged.

He finally stopped his pacing and turned back to her, his eyes hooded. "It is in the Oasis." He dipped his head as he held her eye. "You understand?"

She blinked at him and the vision of the mating couples from the day before flashed. She understood. Zoe swallowed as she met Aegis's eye. "Yes."

He gritted his teeth and looked away. Zoe wanted to scream at him. There was so much unspoken. She'd known this man for just over a week. Days spent on his ship, in this alien palace. He treated her now like a stranger. Was it shame? Had he been warned off by Paragon? Whatever feelings he might have felt for her he'd pushed down. His loyalty would always be to Paragon. She looked away from him. She heard him walk to the door, murmur some words to the waiting guards. Not long after two Ivories slipped into the room. Zoe stood to meet them. She studied their lovely alien faces. So close to human, and yet not with their pointed ears and feathered hair. She let them lead her to the vanity in the corner.

Gently they murmured to her as she ran her fingers over the dresses laid out. Finally she chose one that dripped with golden gems. Though the chest dipped low, there was a detachable jeweled collar that would cover her throat. Feather soft fingers helped her into the dress, tightening it so it clung to her wide hips and perky breasts, though a deep slit ran all the way up to her waist. The Ivories angled her towards the vanity then. As she sat and let them finger her curls she caught Aegis's eye in the mirror. As always, he watched. She held his eye as they twirled her golden locks and pinned a few strands up with more golden clips. There could be no doubts she was Paragon's after this...

"Do you have makeup?" she asked suddenly.

"Make up," one of the Ivories pondered, turning the words over in her mouth.

"Yes, to cover flaws, to make your eyes shine or make your lips more full?"

The two giggled and one ran her fingers down Zoe's cheek. "You have no flaws human-Zoe. Your skin is like the most delicate Ivory. Your eyes like would make the proudest Sapphire jealous..."

"And my ass?" Zoe snarked.

The two fell into hiccupping laughs, clinging together as tears pricked their eyes. Zoe found herself smiling at them. And then her eyes again flicked to Aegis in the mirror. He grinned as well and she swelled slightly. His face so rarely broke into smile.

"Perhaps you have a bronze ass?" one of the Ivories finally giggled as they pulled Zoe back to her feet and spun her around, inspecting her. One glanced to Aegis. "What do you think Warden Aegis? Will Paragon be pleased?"

Zoe's throat tightened and she felt suddenly embarrassed. She blushed as she met his fathomless black eyes.

"Yes," he grunted.

The Ivories smiled in pleasure and slipped from the room, bowing to Aegis as they went. And then they were alone again. Zoe stood awkward in the middle of the room.

~~

Aegis felt Zoe's anxiety. The Ivories had helped ease her mind a bit, but now she stood unsure. Her eyes darted around the room. Looking everywhere but at him. Paragon's words continued to pound in his ears. 'I will take it out on her skin.' Aegis could not go to her, could not let himself slip his hands around her like he so wanted. She finally turned her eyes to him, they were wide with barely controlled fear.

"Are you ready?" he asked softly.

"What will he do to me? Make me do?"

"Anything he wants," he said and finally was defeated. He took a step towards her. "You must not fight him. It only excites him more."

She clasped her hands. "I know."

Aegis pushed open the door for her. She set her shoulders, lifted her head slightly and stepped into the hall.

~~

Aegis led Zoe into the Oasis. Already it was filled with hundreds of flitting Oathkeepers. He glanced down to her, curious how she saw their glittering world. Only the dark, jewel toned colors were invited tonight. For aesthetics. The pales Ivories though flitted about as servants, their delicate, human like skin shone in stark contrast to the bright colors of the others. And then Zoe beside him, she would shine the brightest, as Paragon intended. Murmurs followed them as they stepped into the large garden. Zoe's eyes traveled up, up the tiered space. Paragon sat on a floating dais in the center, surrounded by his favorite Wardens. His eyes fell on them as they entered and his face lit up, taking in his new human.

"Warden Aegis!" his voice boomed in the space and any eyes that were on them already now swiveled to them.

Aegis lifted an arm and then glanced down to Zoe. "We're going up there," he said and wrapped an arm around her waist. Pulling her tight to his side he let his wings extend and in a single strong beat he lifted them from the ground. Zoe gasped and flung her arms around his waist and Aegis had to suppress the smile that pulled at him. She looked up to him, fear mixing with wonder as they rose in towards Paragon's throne.

Paragon stood and the other Oathkeepers that dotted the dais stepped back as he landed lightly. The Gilded beamed at them and extended a hand to Zoe. She trembled a moment at Aegis's side but then he felt her stiffen as she dropped her arms from his waist. Aegis watched her step away from him, the picture of a relaxed little human princess. He'd known it the moment he'd laid eyes on her. She learned quickly.