The Oathkeepers Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The line went dead and Aegis's heart plummeted. Had Bastion found them? Hacked the ship? He darted through the tight passageways and came to the command center. As he ran, he felt the ship separate from the Port dock. "Fuck!" he snarled as he slammed into the door of command. He swiped at the bio-reader but the door refused to open. "Zoe! Hurry, open the door, we're being locked out of the ship!" He yelled, pounding on it to get her attention.

"Aegis, I'm going to need you to calm down," Zoe's soft voice sounded over the ship's speakers. There was something new in her voice. Cool authority.

"Zoe," he growled. "What have you done?"

"You gave me no choice. We're rendezvousing with a ship from the confederation," her calm voice responded.

He slammed a fist on the door again. "Open the door Zoe."

"I don't think I will."

"Zoe!" he roared as he punched the door again. "Are you going to force me to break through this door?"

"If that's what you feel you need to do," she said. "Now, I've got work to do. I've no doubt you'll be able to force your way in here eventually, so I need to lock a few more things down before then." She paused. "I know you're angry, but I'm doing this for you."

~~

Zoe cringed as Aegis howled. His banging on the door reverberated through the small command center. She dipped her head, trying to ignore it as she fiddled with the open control panel. She'd spent the last week pouring over the ship. Oathkeeper tech was advanced, but given enough time she could unwind any ship. Keeping her work a secret from Aegis had been the hardest part. Suddenly she realized it had gone quiet on the other side of the door. That was a bad sign. Aegis was probably figuring out a way to hack through the door. She grimaced and bent back over the control panel. She had the route to the rendezvous locked into the ship's navigation, now it was just a matter of locking out Aegis so he couldn't override her work.

A new sound echoed through the chamber and Zoe stiffened, glancing to the door. Sparks cascaded from it. "Shit," she grumbled. That was faster than she'd expected. She ran her fingers along the exposed wires, glancing frantically to the door. "Ahh, fuck it," she said as she ripped a few free and the door clattered open.

Aegis stepped into the room and Zoe stood, backing away from the console. She suddenly flashed back to the first time she'd seen him. Nearly the exact same scenario. His face was dark with wrath as he took in the ripped up console. He stalked towards her, his pulse blade held at his side.

"Aegis—" she tried, raising her hands in front of her.

He grabbed her wrist roughly, his eyes black with barely controlled anger. "You've defied me for the last time," he rumbled as he turned and began to drag her from the room.

"Aegis stop!" she yelped as he pulled her after him. She tried prying at his fingers with her free hand, but he held her like a vice.

He came to their shared bunk and shoved her inside. Zoe stumbled and fell to the ground as he suddenly released her. He stood in the doorway, staring down at her and she sent her mind against his. Rage bubbled within him. Back and forth his anger fought with his desire to protect her. Zoe set her mouth, stood slowly to face him. "Now you know how I feel," she snapped at him. "I just wanted to protect you—"

"I don't need protection from a human!" he roared and Zoe cringed as she felt the anger winning out within him. He slammed his blade into the ground and it sunk several inches into the metal floor with a cascade of sparks.

"Is that all you see me as? Just another human? Just something new and fun to fuck?" she challenged, anger winning out within her as well.

Aegis clenched his fists. His jaw was working, clenching so hard Zoe worried he'd crack a tooth. "You know I don't. You're my human. Mine. And I will do what I need to protect you."

"I don't belong to you!" Zoe shouted and finally let the feelings she'd been tamping down for the last week explode from her.

"Yes you do," Aegis growled. He stepped towards her, grabbed her throat loosely between his huge fingers. "You know you do. When I'm inside you I can feel how you surrender to me. How you want me to own you," he spoke softly, his voice caressing her with menace. He angled her head so she was forced to meet his eyes. He didn't hold her tightly, but his fingers were warning enough.

Zoe sucked in a breath. She wanted so badly to shake her head. To argue with him. But the feeling of her Onyx clutching her, towering over her sent a shot of arousal directly to her center. Left her weak kneed with desire for him.

"Now," he purred. "You will help me undo whatever sabotages you've performed on my ship"

Zoe trembled. "I won't."

Aegis's eyes narrowed. Then her gripped her throat tighter and tossed her back on their bed. "Then you'll stay here until I have time to deal with you," he growled as he turned and pulled his sword from the floor. He slammed the door shut behind him and Zoe collapsed on the bed. Aegis's anger still wafted around her and she was suddenly back on a ship, the prisoner of an Oathkeeper.