The Oddest of Set-ups

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Special event or weekly sermon?"

"Either."

"Event, absolutely. Sermon, unlikely."

"Even if it were important to me?"

"If we were dating and it were important to you, then yes. Maybe occasionally, but not every weekend. And I'm fairly certain you wouldn't want me there under false pretenses. Would you?"

*****

There wasn't an answer. At least not one that would be heard that evening. The conversation about religion abruptly came to a close. Amanda picked up her bag of boxed pie. The second piece had gone untouched. I paid the bill and left a tip. Stepping outside, the night air had chilled since we entered the diner, well over an hour earlier. I noticed Amanda shiver and held out my coat for her. Without hesitation she put her arms in the sleeves as I lifted it up and over her shoulders. Her fingers snapped the buttons tight, one at a time, then she slid the loops of her bag over her wrist, put one hand in my coat pocket and held out the other. Was it an offering? A gift for being chivalrous?

Her hand was warm and tiny in mine. My hand wrapped the softness of hers as we walked along the damp street covered with colorful fallen leaves.

We walked in silence for the longest time. Two people, just enjoying the cool night air and quiet that came with it.

"So, tell me about your last girlfriend."

"Ask me anything you'd like to know," I said.

"Did you kiss her?"

"Yes."

"Did... did you have sex with her."

"Yes."

"I know her. We have some classes together."

I figured there might be a chance of that. Lots of people knew her. She was the type of girl that wanted to be known.

"Why did you break-up?"

"She was dating another guy at the same time she was dating me. A baseball guy."

"I heard that too," Amanda told me, then asked. "Do you hate her?"

"I don't hate anyone."

"What about the one before her?"

"A stranger. I was younger, and alone in a different state. It was the night before one of our games. She was someone I had never met before. Like me, she was at a party and looking for someone to talk to, so we spent some time together. Turns out we were both lonely and were looking for something or someone. I don't really know anything about her, other than her first name, and that is something I have always regretted."

"Did you use protection?"

"We didn't."

Amanda turned to me with a scolding look on her face. "That wasn't very smart."

"No. No it was not. It wasn't planned. It was the heat of the moment and it just happened."

"Was she pretty?"

"Yes, very." Why lie to her. This was probably the last time we would ever speak to one another.

I took another step, but Amanda had stopped. Her hand held mine tight as my arm extended to its limit. When I stopped mid step, she pulled me back.

"This is me."

She stepped up onto the first step of her dorm, putting her almost eye level with me. Under normal circumstances, I would have thought it was so it was easier for us to kiss, but tonight, I wasn't so sure.

It didn't come down to me having to make a move. Amanda did it for me. She leaned in and touched my chin with her tiny fingers and kissed the side of my cheek. It was quick, but in the end, it was a kiss.

"Auston you were a gentleman for sure tonight. Believe it or not, even with our different points of view, I enjoyed the conversation. Thank you for the coffee and pie."

Then she was gone. Up the stairs, behind the big orange wooden door and out of sight. It wasn't until I was halfway home that I realized that she had kept my jacket.

*****

Our next game was against Mississippi. After the game I checked my phone and saw I had a text with a picture attachment... from a strange number. The selfie was of Amanda wearing my jacket while attending the game, with "On the 35-yard line" typed in. I guessed Saturday's game didn't interfere with Sunday's church plans.

"That jacket has never looked so good!"

She immediately sent back a blushing emoji.

Ten minutes later I got another text. "Coffee & pie?"

"Absolutely, but how about pizza first?"

Seconds later. "Pizza??? Look at you. Converting already." With a happy face emoji.

It didn't happen until hours later, but we took my truck, because, well, because I didn't want to squeeze my 6'4" frame into her Civic. Amanda looked even better than she had last week. She had on a turtle necked sweater with leggings and was still wearing my oversized jacket.

We stopped at a city famous pizzeria and the waiter seated us immediately.

"What a great game that was son. The whole place was screaming like crazy. Can I get you a cold pitcher of beer? It's on the house."

"Only if it's Root Beer. No drinking during the season for me. And can we get a couple of house salads and a pizza? Amanda, what do you like on it?"

"Everything. The works is fine with me. And can I get extra blue cheese dressing on my salad, please?"

"Sure thing. Your boyfriend gets the same thing whenever he comes in."

He was gone from the table and was yelling out our order as he neared the kitchen. I looked over at Amanda who was smiling at me.

"Why didn't you correct him?" I asked.

"Did you want me to?"

"No. I just thought you would have."

"It wouldn't have been the polite thing to do. He looked so happy that you were here. I'm sure he's calling every one of his friends as we wait."

"Maybe, but I've been here a few times. He knows me and I know that he's the owner."

"Really?"

"Yeah. His family has owned the place for over forty years. It looked like you had fun at the game today?"

"I did. Susan asked me to sit with her and some of the other girls." Other girls meant girls that were dating guys on the team. "It amazes me the way those girls talk."

"What do you mean?"

"All they talk about is how much money they'll have if their boyfriends get drafted by the pros. Signing bonuses, and indorsement deals. It's sex this, and sex that. Did you look at the picture I sent you?"

"I did."

"Have you ever had sex with any of those girls?"

"That is a completely off the wall question... but I haven't"

"Some of them talk as if you had."

"Well, I haven't. In fact, I've never even been on a date with any of them." I looked directly at her so she knew I wasn't avoiding her. "I was in a relationship, and I took it seriously until she left me for someone with money,"

"I didn't realize what a competition it is with those girls. They have no shame whatsoever."

"Yeah, it is a competition for some of them for sure. Susan and Marlon seem to be in love, but some of the others, I'm not so sure. Money does funny things to people, and it will make them do strange things."

"What about you? Ever been chased by a girl because she thought you were going to get drafted?"

"Yep. Last girlfriend. Like I told you before. She dropped me because her other boyfriend signed a minor league baseball contract. She liked those odds better. Less chance of him getting hurt and having to do real work for a living."

"Did that hurt you?"

"Not one bit. I knew what she was like from the first minute I met her, but I still dated her."

A large pitcher of Root Beer along with two glasses and the salads were set on the table.

"Here, I put some extra blue cheese in a bowl for you both. Just in case."

We thanked him and once again, he was gone.

"Can I have those?"

"What?"

Amanda pointed to the pepperoncini I had pushed aside from my salad. I had planned on eating them later but told her "Sure". Using her fingers, she pulled them from my plate.

"Why did you stay with her?"

I didn't really want to say. The answer was obvious. Amanda knew why, there was no hiding it, but she just wanted me to tell her, to say the words, but I didn't.

"Aren't you concerned that all the girls who chase after you want something? I mean Susan says you will be a first rounder for sure." She was licking blue cheese off her fingers as she spoke.

"Well thank-you Susan for saying that. I hope she's right, and all what girls? You make it sound like there's a line around the corner, and I could ask the same thing of you. Doesn't your family have cash? Maybe every guy who wants to date you has aspirations of being the CEO of your father's steel business."

It was the first time I had heard her laugh so deeply, and it was contagious. The laugh, along with her beautiful pearly white smile, had me in a trance.

"CEO? Goodluck with that. My dad would never give up control of his baby. He wouldn't care if my husband was unemployed, he still wouldn't hire him into a position like that. 'Everyone starts at the bottom. I started at the bottom and look where I am now. I'll tell you something, it builds character.' I've heard him say it a million times. My mother had to threaten him just to get him to hire my brother, which happens to be his very own son. And guess what, he started at the bottom."

My laugh wasn't as loud as her, but it was still loud enough.

"Volunteers!" A yell came from across the restaurant. The gang sitting around the table raised their glasses in a cheer and pointed in our direction. Amanda may have been correct about the owner calling his friends.

"Do you ever get tired of that?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at the partying table.

"Not really. I actually hope it'll continue for the next twenty years."

"You plan on being at this school for that long?"

"No. I mean in the pros."

"What if you don't get drafted?"

"That's why I study so hard." I looked at her for a long time. I had lots of questions that I wanted to ask. I just didn't want to hurt her feelings by doing so. "Thank you for the kiss last Saturday, it was sweet."

"Sweet? It was just a peck on the cheek."

"I know, but considering..."

"Considering what?"

"That you're opposed to premarital sex, it was nice."

Her head tilted slightly.

"Auston, if you feel there was anything sexual about our kiss, then I would have to remove this ring, because I've kissed a few guys on the cheek."

"What about on the mouth, in a 'sexual' way?"

"Never."

"Can I be your first? Right here, right now. Just a kiss... but on the lips. Nothing more, and only for as long as you are comfortable with it."

I knew by her hesitation that the answer was no.

"I'm sorry, your first kiss should be something special and not a public display of affection."

My first thought was that she would slap me, or maybe just leave. Instead, her hand touched my cheek and chin. Then she stood and leaned forward over the table, and her soft lips touched mine. It was perfect. Our first true kiss was short, but it was very sweet. It truly surprised me.

"That was nice. You have very beautiful and very soft lips."

Amanda blushed. It was a cute look on her. She had her first kiss in a pizzeria while stealing bits of salad from my plate.

"Thank you for saying so."

"Honestly, it was my pleasure." I didn't want to ruin the night, but I wanted to ask the question. "Is this a date?"

Amanda's blush deepened even more.

"I suppose so."

"First or second?"

"I guess second, even though last weekend it didn't start out as one, you invited me for coffee and pie. So, that should count for something. Right?"

We ate a few slices and boxed up the rest. Our conversation never lacked for content. There was always something and when I pulled up to the curb of Amanda's dorm, I wasn't ready to call it a night.

"Amanda, do you feel like taking a walk?"

Hand in hand, we walked and talked for miles in the brisk night air, passing many parties and people along the way. We even walked by a couple of cars that had steamed up windows. A telltale sign of the passion coming from within.

"Does seeing that make you envious?" she asked while swinging my arm gently.

"Why would it?"

"Isn't that what guys want to be doing on a Saturday night?"

"And girls. It does take two you know."

"Oh Auston, I'm fully aware how many it takes. They teach all that stuff in health class, when you're in junior high."

Her sarcasm would have been lost on me, had she not squeezed my hand tightly.

The old saying is that "all good things come to an end", and reaching her dorm was that time. For the second Saturday in a row, Amanda stepped up onto the first step and leaned in to kiss me. Once again, she touched my chin, but this time our lips met. Just like in the restaurant, but for a little bit longer.

Moving closer I put my arm around her waist and held her body to mine. No pulling or groping, just holding. I could feel the softness of her lips as they pulled away from mine. Her head moved away but her brilliant blue eyes were transfixed. It was like she was staring into my soul.

"Good... goodnight Auston."

She turned and hurried up the stairs. Only to turn and run back to my truck. I thought maybe another kiss was on the way, but instead she picked up the box of leftover pizza and rushed back up the stairs.

"Amanda."

Stopping with her hand on the door, she turned back to me.

"Thank you for asking me out. It was a perfect night. I hope that we can we do it again, soon?"

A shy "we'll see" snuck out of her before she disappeared.

I would like to say I was strong enough to refrain from pleasuring myself after our date, but that would be a lie, and I was trying to be a better person around Amanda. I could barely wait until I got home, and the thoughts, smells and memories of Amanda's touch were fresh in my mind.

*****

A week had gone by before we were in contact again. The team's next game was an away event, and it took me out of state for the weekend. But on Tuesday evening I got another text.

"James Bond and popcorn?"

It was amusing to me that she suggested a big screen movie and popcorn, because according to her, that wasn't her thing.

"Absolutely. You converting?"

"We'll see," came back to me in seconds.

*****

Like teenagers, we held hands for the entire movie. When no one could see us, we even stole a few kisses during the dark scenes when Amanda leaned into me. Every time we touched I could feel the hardness of her breast pushing against my arm. Her soft lips, hard tits and sweet smell had me so hard I was concerned she would notice my situation.

I loved the movie. Amanda on the other hand felt there was an over-abundance of gratuitous violence. She didn't condemn the movie but, in her opinion, a rom-com would have been a better choice.

After the movie, we once again ended up at Carmen's. The only thing different tonight was, other than the people, Amanda ordered the brownie special. It was topped with nuts, caramel, and whipped cream. I almost wished I had ordered it also, but I didn't miss out. Amanda used her fork to gather up a piece with all of the trimmings and held it up to my lips. I eagerly accepted the offering and stared into her eyes.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing. I mean, you shared some of your food with me and you let me use your fork when I ate it. If you asked me, I'd say that we were dating."

"Auston, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have been out on dates, but we are not dating."

"Oh, believe me, I'm not getting ahead of myself. I just wonder how many dates you'll go on with me before you would consider that we are dating?"

"Do you really want to date someone like me or are you only interested in sex?"

"Not once have I mentioned sex. In fact, you're the one that has brought up sex the last two times we went out. And if I was only interested in sex, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be sitting here tonight. I mean, I love your company, but you have already played your cards and showed me your hand. Sex is not on the table or on your agenda."

"I bring up sex, only because I want to know about it. Just because it's something I don't partake in, doesn't mean that I'm not interested."

"I see. Know what? You can ask me anything you want to ask, and I will answer. I've told you everything. I really don't have any reason to lie to you."

"Then why did you agree to meet me? Was it for sex?"

She was probably a little louder than she had planned to be, and a few heads turned and looked in our direction.

"No. I mean, there is no doubt that I would in a heartbeat. Amanda, you are a very attractive woman, but I'm not looking for some tawdry affair. I want something more. Something extra. I want to meet someone special and fall in love with her. A long-term commitment, if it works out. I've had a relationship where things were fine in bed, but when we got out of bed, we couldn't hold a conversation."

"Is that what you were looking for when you slept with all those other girls?"

"All what girls?"

"The six you told me about."

"Six girlfriends. Not six lovers. There is a difference."

"Okay, how many 'lovers'?" She put her fingers in the air to make air quotations and three of the tables near us laughed out loud.

"Is that something you really need to know? I mean you never say anything or talk about your sexual experiences with me."

"That's because I don't have any experiences to speak of. I mean, I have masturbated." Once again heads from the other table twisted toward us. "But it isn't the same thing as penetration or intercourse." She could have kept talking all night because after she spoke the word 'masturbated', she had my fullest attention. "And, yeah, I guess that I really want to know. If you tell me now, I promise I will never ask again."

"Four and a half."

"Sure... I'm not an idiot. How do you get four and a half, out of six? I mean there's no..."

She stopped mid-sentence when I raised my index finger to my mouth.

"Oooooooooh." As inexperienced as she may have been sexually, she knew what I was saying to her. She paused for a very long time before asking, "Did you love any of them?"

"Every single one of them."

"Do you stay in contact with any of them?"

"I am friends with my first's husband. He and I grew up together, but the others, no."

She split the last piece of brownie in half, placed one piece into her mouth and pulled out a clean fork. Then she pushed the last piece through the remaining caramel and whipped cream and lifted the fork to my lips. The second bite was even better than the first.

We quietly paid the bill, and I helped her with her sweater. Tonight, she wasn't wearing my jacket. She still hadn't returned it to me, but she wasn't wearing it. At that point, I believed the talk about sex was too much, and that she might not speak to me again. Luckily it wasn't a far walk.

Doing what had become a normal thing, Amanda stepped up onto the first level of steps and moved in for a kiss. Putting her arms over my shoulders, her hands played softly with my hair, until she held my head and pulled my face towards hers. The smell of "Bloom" filled my nostrils as our lips touched. I loved the scent of the perfume her aunt had given her.

Just when I thought that the night couldn't get any better, I felt the tip of Amanda's tongue, touching my lips. When I allowed it in, I could taste the sugary remnants of coffee and brownie.

The warmth of two bodies crushed together, combined with the freshness of a cool October night, was invigorating. My arms wrapped around Amanda's back as I pulled her in tighter against me. All the while her tongue danced a tango with mine.

Like a swimmer coming out of the water gasping for air, Amanda broke away from our hug. Her eyes were alive with something, something I wanted to believe was excitement, but before I could find out, she ran up the stairs and once again disappeared behind the orange door.

*****

The walk back to Carmen's to retrieve my truck was like I was in the Twilight Zone. One minute I was staring up at Amanda in a daze, the next I was seated behind the steering wheel. The only thing that made me snap out of it was a ding from my phone. Amanda had sent a heart and a pair of kissing lips emoji, with the number "5" beside them.

123456...8