All Comments on 'The Old Math Teacher's Charms'

by paralleltasking

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Interesting story and well written. Ultimately it is a story about friendship. Were the girls mind controlled? I guess the answer is yes since this is in the mind control section.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The novelty of this story is garbage. You never explain how he is controlling them or his obsession with the two high school girls even though he also controls, the principal, the superintendent, raven's mom, lily's mom. It would have been better if she somehow frees everyone under his control but ends up controlled

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Interesting concept but has several issues. You never explain why he chose to torment Lily which seemed to be his entire obsession, how he is controlling everyone and he is staying one step ahead. You go into great detail about the teacher’s physical features never once describe any of the girls physically. Then the ending is awful you make Lily out to be some strong woman who who is out to save her friends yet never once calls the police, or alerts the local news. Then all of a sudden just rolls over and gives in after a week of her friends ignoring her even after admitting she would find new friends in college so weak.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was great - unique idea and well written to build over the course of the story.

zena99zena992 months ago

Amazing. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was depressing to read. What was even the point of all this. There was no reason given for the teacher's fixation on tormenting Lily's specifically. And in the end she just gives up.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The actual writing in this is good, the only issue is the why? It’s okay for there to be some mystery/ambiguity on how it happens, but generally you only want a single mystery unsolved for the sake of clarification on behalf of the reader. By my count there are 3 unsolved questions: how did he do it, why did he want to torment Lily specifically, and why did she finally give in? Seems like the implication is she wanted to get her friends back, but she’d already more or less lost them a while ago. For my money, leaving the how he did it question unanswered would have been most interesting in this story. Either way, well written with an interesting premise, which is already better than a good amount of the stuff on the site.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I hate this man, I was hoping he would be dead by the end

k3ptokk3ptokabout 2 months ago

Well, that was an interesting read. This is very much an erotic psychological horror novel, the mystery of how the math teacher is controlling everyone, and the insurmountable struggle to overcome the MC's challenges. Because it is never explained or displayed how the math teacher is controlling everyone, it created this niggling doubt about the teacher's supposed abilities, which is where the psychological torment bit comes in. Is the teacher controlling everyone, or is everyone willingly engaging in this debauchery and the MC is the only one who doesn't get it? If everyone is acting insane and you are the only normal one, who is the one acting 'normal'?

On a side note: The bit in chapter 3(?) where her mom casually suggests that she is going to offer herself to the whole school? Maybe(Definitely) I am fucked up, but that part was bueno. I wouldn't mind finding other novels like that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userparalleltasking@paralleltasking
Trying to put all my naughty thoughts down in stories. I've never written really much before outside of my technical field. Apparently reading all the smut you guys have written has inspired me. I hope to keep improving and giving you all boners and lady boners.