The Only Exception Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My Mom is honestly my hero. She never judged me or got mad. It was like she understood what was happening with me. She was always very calm and patient about my episodes, even when I was a teenager and let me tell you I was a complete little shit to her. The biggest problem was that I hated being cooped up but she didn't want me to go anywhere because she was worried about how I'd react if something happened to trigger my anger. Despite her worries, we both ended up deciding that it might be best for me to have some time on my own. I moved out at eighteen and that actually helped a lot. It made me feel like I had control over something and as a result, I was more able to control my rage because I felt less helpless. Pretty soon after I moved out, I had a friend that took me to a bdsm themed party and that was my first exposure to the culture. I remember seeing a dominant for the first time and I loved the control he exercised over his submissive. I wanted that control, not just over a submissive but over myself as well. I threw myself into learning everything I could about the art of domination and submission. I've also been to different workshops, classes and munch's from all across the country.

Every time I had someone submit to me it was like a rush of power went through me. I could destroy this person within the bounds of their limits and I wouldn't get in trouble for it. It was an aphrodisiac and a way to calm my mind all at once and I loved it. Not to say that I didn't make mistakes because I did. A few times I leaned too much into my rage and had subs tap out rather quickly but I got better by putting myself in their shoes. I forced myself to experience submission the way I intended to take it from others and as a result, I gained a greater appreciation and understanding for that role. Eventually I was able to become a dominant myself and got a job for it. Over the years that rage has lessened, to the point that I rarely ever feel it anymore. So, to answer your question, I like having people submit to me because it feeds something inside of me and it helps me control myself."

"Will you always need multiple submissive's?" I asked shyly, wondering how I would deal with such a thing in the future.

"You know what baby? I don't think so. I feel like I'm at my most calm when you're around and I, admittedly, feel a little less in control when you're not around. You have no idea how relieved I feel when you come back. I think that's why I got so angry about you for running out on me. I had no idea if I fucked up what I had with you and it felt like.. I don't know.. like you were repulsed by the idea of seeing me as something more than your Dom."

I suddenly felt incredibly guilty and stupid for having a sleepless night over my Master's job. At the same time I felt slightly in awe of how much he sounded like an alpha. I'd both heard and learned about how alpha's only feel at peace when their omega is around. Not to mention the feelings of anger and self loathing over an omega's rejection were also in line with how an alpha would react but.. Adam was human. What did it mean for humans to feel like that? Could I actually let him try to be like my alpha? Was that an option?

Before I could dwell on it too much I was distracted by a woman's voice, "Well, I can finally see your face and what a pretty face it is. I'm Annie, Adam's mother. What might your name be?" A pretty brunette woman, that looked like Adam's twin, asked as she offered her hand to me.

"I'm Benjamin," I replied shyly. "It's lovely to finally meet you. I brought these for you."

Annie smiled happily when I offered her the flowers, "Well aren't you sweet. They're gorgeous," she said as she took them from me. "So, how do you know my son?" She asked innocently as she glanced at our hands.

I tried to pull away, wondering if she didn't like me holding her son's hand, but Adam didn't let me.

He's proud to be seen with you, my wolf whispered sending a warm burst of pleasure throughout my body.

"We met at the gym," Adam quickly answered instead of me.

"The gym? But you don't look very muscular. No offense hun," she replied with a friendly smile.

"He runs," Adam answered, looking very pleased with his explanation.

"Well I guess that explains things. So, how long have you two been dating?"

"Not long," I answered in a tiny voice, trying to contribute even though I was worried that she'd see through the lies.

"I only ask because Adam hasn't brought a guy around to the diner in quite a while. So you must be pretty special."

"Ma," Adam groaned, as he turned pink.

"What? Like you haven't told him that yourself? I know you," she replied with a smirk. "Have you boys eaten?" She continued before Adam could interject.

"No, I was going to cook for him," he answered as his face went from pink to red.

"I knew you were special," she told me, looking like she'd won something. "He barely even cooks for me when I ask him to cover a shift. He hates cooking."

"Jesus Ma!" Adam said and he slapped the table looking flustered.

His mother only grinned, "Go along and cook for your new boyfriend. I want to talk to him myself anyways."

"Fine," he agreed looking both bashful and pleased. "But can you try to not embarrass me anymore while I'm gone?" He asked as he got up from the table.

"I can try," she teased playfully, her grin getting even bigger when Adam leaned down to kiss my cheek.

As soon as he was gone her expression turned from playful to curious. "So, how old are you Benjamin? You look a little young to be interested my son," she stated, causing me to worry that she didn't approve of us as much as she seemed to when Adam was around.

"Twenty-three," I answered meekly, hoping that I was old enough to earn her acceptance.

"I thought it was something like that, though I would have guessed you were nineteen based on how young you look. Still, there's a pretty big age gap between you two."

"Is there?" I asked, feeling surprised. I had no idea how old Adam was but I didn't really care. He was perfect the way he was.

"Ten years," she confirmed looking serious. "I'm surprised you don't notice. I'd think you'd be in very opposite places in your life. My son is usually pretty serious about dating. I hope you know that. He's not someone to play around with if you're just looking for fun with an experienced older man."

I shook my head in protest, "I'm not looking for that. I really like him," I promised, hoping I could somehow convince her that I wasn't too young. "And I guess I never noticed the age difference because to me it doesn't feel like there is a gap. In my pack people get together with age gaps much larger than that. My own parents have one of fifteen years. It's normal for us. Especially in cases involving omegas like me."

She looked shocked by this information and I suddenly wondered if she hadn't realized that I was an omega, though I didn't know how. I thought it was obvious to everyone. Adam certainly never needed me to tell him what I was. He just knew.

"I don't understand. If you're not seeking out some kind of fantasy experience with an older man, then why are you seeing my son? I know you wolves only mate within your own kind," she accused. The way she said it was almost cold, as if she had personal experience with the matter.

I shrunk in on myself trying to appear as small and non-threatening as possible. I thought that maybe if I could show her how submissive I was, she wouldn't be angry with me for wanting her son. "I'm a reject. Alpha's don't want me but your son does and I like him," I answered honestly.

"You can't just date him because you have no other option. That doesn't seem very fair," she argued.

"It's not like that. I.. I can't stay away from him. I've tried. I promise I'm not playing a game with him. I don't know how I'd survive without him," I replied timidly and.. I just couldn't help it, I bared my neck for her.

She looked even more concerned by my response but before she could say anything more about it, Adam was on his way back with two plates of pancakes. I quickly straightened up and plastered a smile on my face.

"I hope she didn't scare you off," he said playfully as he sat a plate down in front of me.

I shook my head, "No, she's been nice," I told him, trying to prove to his mother that I didn't mean any harm to either of them.

She gave me a look of confusion but only said, "I'll let you two eat. Let's talk later, yeah?" Before excusing herself back to the kitchen.

"See? I told you my mom would like you," Adam told me happily, completely unaware of his mother's concerns.

"Yeah.. you were right," I replied, trying to sound happy even though I wasn't; for I had a very bad feeling that she did not want me to be with her son and to me that seemed like another bad omen.

*******

Adam's Pov:

We were halfway through our plate of pancakes when Benny, both took me by surprise and shook my confidence with one simple question.

"Master, would you be terribly upset with me if I met up with a beta that my brother wants me to see later tonight?"

"You're not special," the words from Benny's brother rang throughout my mind, taunting me with my inadequacies.

"What?" I asked, reeling from the sudden change in topics.

My little omega looked properly ashamed of himself but he still did his best to explain. "Gabe, my brother, he.. he really wants me to meet up with a friend of his. I don't really want to go but I thought that if I went, it would stop him from trying to push me into being with someone. At least for now."

"You want permission to go on a date with someone else?" I asked suddenly feeling very insecure about my position in Benny's life. Was there actually a chance that he was just using me for something physical until he met his match? Even though we were actually dating now?

"It's not a date. I promise," he replied quickly, looking earnest.

"Do you plan on being alone with him?" I asked, hating how distrusting my words sounded even to myself.

"No, he wants to meet at the pack house," he replied looking up at me with wide innocent eyes.

"So it will look like a date," I stated, feeling even more discouraged when Benny simply hung his head in shame.

I wanted to tell Benny no. I wanted share how his brother was trying to threaten our newly budding relationship and forbid him from seeing anyone else but in the end I just couldn't say any of those things. First of all, I didn't want to be the cause of conflict between Benny and his family. I didn't want to bring him any more suffering than he was already going through and I didn't want him to feel isolated from everyone just because we were dating. Secondly, if Ben chose me, I wanted it to be a real choice, not because I took away more of his options. I loved him too much to keep him from someone that could give him the peace and happiness that I'd never be able to give.

"You can go if you want, it's fine," I told him as I forced myself to take another bite of food, though it now tasted like ash in my mouth.

"You don't like it," he replied, studying me intently while he sniffed the air.

"Well no. I don't love the idea of my boyfriend going off with some other guy while I'm gone at work, even if I have nothing to worry about," I added hopefully, praying that I truly didn't have to worry. I really wanted Benny for myself but I couldn't force him to choose me. Not to mention, I sort of understood the pressure he was under, given my run in with his brother this morning and I pitied him for it. He was probably having a really hard time deciding how to please everyone without exposing himself. "But don't worry Benny. I get it. Your family is just trying to help and they can't know about us. It would be strange for you to turn down the date," I told him, essentially sealing my fate for whatever happened between my boyfriend and the other wolf.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Benny suddenly asked, looking tense and worried, distracting me from our conversation.

I looked over to where Benny was looking and felt the blood drain out of my face. Benny's brother, along with another man, had walked into the diner and they were slowly looking at each of the tables, thankfully ours was near the kitchen and back hall. When Benny got up to avoid their gaze, I followed him.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as I led us to my room. "I was really enjoying the food but that was my brother and one of his friends. I couldn't let them see me. It would ruin everything," he explained anxiously while grabbing onto my hand for support.

I understood why he was so concerned, so I simply walked us down the stairs without a word of protest but honestly, I was starting to feel bad about myself. I knew I agreed to be his secret but I didn't know that he'd still submit to the pressure of seeing more candidates to be his future mate. I thought he was done. I thought I was it. Wasn't that what he said? I really did understand his perspective though. I knew it was natural, of course Benny would want to be with someone that was more like him but it hurt all the same. Especially on the heels of me exposing how deeply I felt for him. It sorta made me feel like my feelings were worthless to him but I did my best to swallow down my self pity. Benny was with me for now and I was going to enjoy it for as long as I could.

"You kept our ne-fort up," Benny said as he happily studied my bedroom.

I smiled at his slip, pleased that I had thought of building it for him. I had no clue it would be so special at the time but I loved that it was and that I'd made him happy. "Yeah, I sorta slept in it last night," I told him without mentioning that I did so because the pillows and blankets still smelled like him. I didn't want him to know how badly I missed him after my run in with his brother. It felt too soon given our previous conversation. If he was still entertaining the idea of other wolves, then I had to be careful with how much of my heart I revealed.

"Baby, can I hold you?" I suddenly asked, wanting the comfort of him being skin to skin even if I felt a little too hurt to do anything sexual at the moment.

"Yes," Benny answered looking at me with a shy smile. I grabbed a blanket from our fort and walked him to the bed to lay down, curling my body around his back once he was settled. "Do you think I'm too young for you?" Benny suddenly asked.

"What?" I replied feeling confused. "Where did that come from? I've never even thought about it."

"Your mom said I looked really young and I got the feeling that it was a bad thing. She didn't say it was, I just thought maybe it could be," he explained sounding nervous.

I sighed in annoyance. My mom really was too protective of me. "It's not about you baby. It's most likely about her. My dad was younger than my mom when they met. She said he was fascinated by her. My dad always came into the diner, back then her dad owned it, and he would stay for hours just to talk to her during her shifts. He always asked her out and she always turned him down, saying he was too young for her. He eventually convinced her to take him seriously. They were together for an entire summer and he claimed he loved her and that they'd marry one day. At the end of the summer she got pregnant with me and everything changed. I don't know a lot about any of it. I just know she needed a lot of help during her pregnancy, I mean, she almost died, and he was there to help but apparently he wasn't the same. When I was born he was actually at the hospital but he took one look at me and said "it didn't work" and then he left. He never came back after that. I guess he died because when I turned eighteen I received a letter and a deed to the land I took you to. At first I thought it was a joke because I too thought it was Shadow Pack land but I talked to a lawyer and everything and it was confirmed to be mine. Plus, the wolves have never bothered me once. I mean, I don't go there often but they've never even come close to my property when I am there. But yeah, that's probably her issue. It's not you baby. Don't worry. She likes you." I encouraged, hoping to make him feel better despite how miserable I felt.

"I didn't know you understood what it felt like," Benny murmured softly.

"What do you mean baby?"

"I didn't know you understood what it felt like to be unwanted. I'm so sorry your father was like that but I-I'm-fuck I'm so selfish," he whimpered.

"What baby?"

"You make me feel like I'm not alone anymore," he finally said. Then he turned around in my arms to face me. "I promise nothing will happen tonight Master. I will go to please my brother but nothing will come of it. Please trust me."

His words warmed my heart and though I was still against the idea of him going at all, I felt I should try to trust my boyfriend with this if I expected him to trust me at the dungeon.

"Alright, I trust you," I answered leaning in to kiss him.

I meant it to be a quick kiss but Benny wrapped his leg around my hip and pushed his body as close to mine as he could as he deepened the kiss. I let him go on for a few moments but then things began to get too heated and I pulled away. I just couldn't be sexual with how off I was feeling about everything. I couldn't even get hard though Benny looked extremely fuckable.

"Do you want to watch the last movie?" I asked abruptly. "We never got to finish them all last night."

"O-okay," Benny replied sounding confused. He pulled away with blushing cheeks as he shoved his hand between his legs to cover his hard little cock.

I chose to ignore it and set up the dvd before settling myself inside the fort. "Aren't you coming?" I asked as I stared at Benny sitting awkwardly on my bed.

"Yes Master," he answered meekly. Baring his neck as he walked to me, his hard cock on full display through his shorts. He sat down close to me but nowhere near as close as he had the night before. "Am I being punished Master?" He asked quietly without looking at me.

"No," I replied, grabbing his hand. "I'm just not in the mood to do anything sexual right now."

Benny blushed bright red but maintained eye contact with his feet and said nothing.

"I'm not saying I don't want you," I explained suddenly worried that his wolf would see my words as ones of rejection. "I'm tired and I just want to chill out and watch a movie." It wasn't a lie. It just wasn't the full truth. I didn't want him to have to deal with my worries. I could handle them myself. I just needed a moment.

Benny nodded in understanding but kept his distance from me, though he did not let go of my hand. After ten minutes I noticed he wasn't even watching the movie. He simply stared at his feet.

"Come here baby," I finally said, unable to take any more of how down he seemed. I gently pulled him closer and allowed him to lay his head on my lap so that I could pet his hair while we watched the movie.

Benny seemed to relax once he was closer to me and five minutes later he was softly snoring. I smiled and set and alarm on my phone that would go off when it was time for me to get ready for work and then settled in to continue watching the movie. However, I didn't even make it to the end for I fell asleep as well, comforted by the fact that my little omega was safe in my arms where he belonged.

*******

Ben's Pov:

I was already grumpy that I'd fallen asleep and waisted precious time with my human but then an annoying chorus of bells and chirps had to go and wake me up. To make matters worse, Adam would be leaving soon and I didn't feel like our second date had gone as well as our first. I didn't know what I did wrong but I knew it was my fault. Gabe didn't know what he was talking about. Everything was always my fault. I sullenly watched my boyfriend dress for work, feeling more and more annoyed with every item of clothing he put on. Adam was dressed in tight black trousers, a black leather belt with a gleaming silver buckle and a black, button up, dress shirt with a dark red tie. He looked unbelievably handsome and I was incredibly turned on. I hadn't cum for real in what felt like ages and even though I believed that Adam didn't care about his subs like he did me, I hated the fact that he was about to leave me looking like that while I was feeling so needy. Especially after how rejected I'd felt earlier in the day. What did it mean that he didn't want to fuck me before work? Was I being punished without being told I was? What the hell did I do wrong?