The Only Exception Ch. 05

Story Info
A Useless Threat and An Insufficient Rival.
15.5k words
4.98
2.9k
3

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 02/20/2024
Created 09/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello my beautiful readers!

I know, I'm updating so soon! Crazy huh? This chapter was pretty much begging to be written and I decided to share it as soon as possible since I've been gone for so long. There will most likely be mistakes but I was too happy to have a new chapter ready so soon for you guys, that I didn't want to spend days editing like normal. The next one will probably not be uploaded as quickly but we'll see. Either way, I hope you enjoy another update!

Ps: Thank you for all your kind messages last chapter and for the guesses! I loved reading what you all thought might be happening with Adam and Benny. It was so fun!

***disclaimer*** the type of play I describe in this chapter is of a more high risk nature than usual. Please research and proceed with caution if you are interested in partaking in it yourself. I do not condone the use any this story or any of my stories to be seen or used as a bdsm guide. I am just a writer telling, what I hope, is a good story. I am NOT an instructor or a professional.

*******

Adam's Pov:

I had been driving for only five minutes, since leaving my little omega behind, when a large grey wolf ran out in front of me suddenly blocking my path. I slammed on the breaks, terrified that I was going to hit the beast, and was lucky to stop mere millimeters away from the animals unflinching face. I sat for a few minutes waiting for the wolf to leave but it simply stared at me, unblinkingly, in a way that unnerved me. I shifted gears and prepared to back up but that got the wolf's attention and he ran behind the car to stop me the moment I moved. I slammed on the breaks again in frustration but this time I parked and got out of the car.

"What do you want?" I demanded, glaring into the wolf's intelligent eyes.

The wolf said nothing.

"Come on, I'm not stupid. An animal wouldn't have done that. I know you have a human form. What do you want with me?"

That seemed to do the trick for, all of a sudden, the animals fur began to sink back into its skin as the beast transformed into a man. To be honest, watching the animal shift into human form was sort of grotesque and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up in revulsion. I wondered if shifting was as painful as it looked but I refrained from asking. I didn't think the naked man standing in front of me cared to answer any of my curiosities, what with the way he was glaring at me and all. If looks could kill indeed.

"What are you doing with the omega?" The blonde man asked coldly with hate in his blue eyes.

"What omega?" I hedged. "I don't see an omega anywhere."

"Don't lie to me human," the man spat with disgust. "I can smell my baby brother all over you."

"You're Benjamin's brother?" I asked in shock, finally seeing the family resemblance. I knew Benny had a family but he barely talked about them. I had no clue how many siblings he even had.

"So you do know what omega I'm speaking about," the man growled. "Leave him alone. He doesn't need another one of you human's fucking with him. He's got enough problems without that."

"Hey man, I know we don't know each other but I assure you, I'm not a problem for your brother. We're friends," I tried to reason, attempting to toe the line between winning the beta over and exposing Benny's secret.

"Do you kiss all your friends?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yes," I answered stupidly, still trying to cover for my boyfriend.

He wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Well.. maybe you are friends or maybe you aren't. It's not like he hasn't been led on before by the word "friend". You humans disgust me. Aren't there men in your own species that you can dominate for fun? I know that's what you sick fucks love about omega's but I'm not letting you mess with my baby brother like that. He's been through enough thanks to you humans! Just leave him the fuck alone!"

Part of me was furious. I wanted nothing more than to kick the man's naked ass for even assuming that I could toy with Benny but I held my anger in. I knew the man just wanted to protect and take care of his little brother. I could respect that. We both wanted the same thing.

"I have no idea what Benjamin has been through at the hands of another human but I do apologize if my kind hurt you or your brother or your family. I know if anyone hurt or used my mother, I wouldn't be able to take them being near her. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be angry at humans too but I promise you, I am not a threat. Benjamin and I are just close friends. I would never use him for my own gratification," I tried to explain.

"Just leave Ben alone. He has better things to do than worry about maintaining a "friendship" with a human. My brother needs to focus. He needs to find a mate and wasting time with someone like you shouldn't be on his agenda, even if he is lonely. He could fix all that if he'd just focus on finding someone to settle down with. An alpha isn't going to want your stink on him. He really should know better but you need to keep your distance."

"Someone like me? You mean someone who cares about him? Someone who listens and does his best to help? Someone who always makes time for him? Yeah, I'm such a problem," I growled, barely controlling the urge to punch the naked man in the face, though the need to make him submit before me raged beneath my skin.

"Don't pretend like you know what's best for him," the man hissed angrily but then he smirked coldly. "Oh, wait a minute. Do you actually think my brother might fall for you one day? Are you really that stupid?" He laughed, causing me to flinch for the first time during the conversation. He noticed and shook his head in disbelief. "After what my brother has been through, he would never stoop so low as to have feelings for a human like you, even if he does use you for something... physical but just so you know, I'm looking for an alpha that will have him and I intend to find one. And when I do, he will abandon you. You are not special. He's always wanted an alpha and you'll never be a good enough replacement. So you might as well leave him to his family. We will take care of him like he deserves, unlike you."

The words stung though I knew there was no reason to take them to heart. Benny's brother clearly had no idea how close we were but his words hit too close to home. I wasn't special, I knew that. It was my biggest flaw and there was nothing I could do to improve.

"Maybe not," I agreed, doing everything in my power to maintain control of myself. "But I am loyal. I told Ben that we would always be friends and I intend to keep my word. He, however, did not promise me the same so if he changes his mind, I'll accept that."

The man's cold blue eyes widened in disbelief, "I almost feel sorry for you," he suddenly whispered with a new look of horror in his eyes. "Look.. maybe you aren't the villain I think you are but.. for your own good, end this relationship you have with my brother. Because mark my words, he will leave you in the end for an alpha and all those feelings you seem to have, will have been for nothing."

"I accept that what you said may happen but he will always have my friendship," I answered coldly, ready to be done with the conversation.

The man shook his head in annoyance, "Don't say I didn't warn you," he replied before shifting back into a wolf and running away.

I shakily got back into my car and quickly drove home, wanting to be out of reach should Ben's brother return with his friends. Once I made it home, I texted Benny immediately, needing to know that he was safe and that he hadn't been confronted the way I had. Of course, I had no way of knowing if Benny's brother would spill his suspicions but I hoped he wouldn't. I had no plans of revealing the confrontation myself. Benny had left me with a smile on his face. He seemed happier, lighter. I didn't want anyone to ruin that for him, least of all myself. I followed my first text with two more, reassuring him about our date and then I waited.

A short while later I was relieved to see that Benny seemed to be just as happy as when I left him, though maybe a little tired, which was fair given the late hour. We made plans to see each other for later in the day and only then was I able to relax enough to get sleepy.

*******

Ben's Pov:

I got up around 11:30 am feeling more tired than when I went to bed. My fears from the previous night taunted me in my dreams, causing me to wake up too many times to count. Eventually I gave up on actually sleeping and just laid in bed for a while. I was tired of seeing my boyfriend's cock inside of random strangers every time I closed my eyes. I slowly trudged my way into the bathroom and took a shower, letting the cold water do its job. Ten minutes later I felt much more refreshed and was getting ready for my second date with Adam. I decided to dress casually this time, since I'd be in a more public setting and I didn't want it to look like the date that it was, just in case someone from my pack wandered inside the restaurant.

I eventually stumbled into the kitchen and was surprised to see my brother, Gabe, sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee. He hadn't come by the house on his own in a while, given that his mate was currently pregnant with their second child and his work at the hospital kept him very busy. He simply didn't have the time to come over. The distance had caused a bit of strain on our relationship, given that he thought I should be just as open with him as when he still lived here and I felt differently.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Gabe said with a bright smile. "I take it you didn't get my text last night?"

"Oh, no. I was out with a friend and wasn't checking my phone," I replied, genuinely surprised that he'd messaged me. "What's so important that you decided to stop by?"

My brother studied me for a long time, to the point that it made me uncomfortable. It felt like he was digging into my mind, trying to find what I wasn't telling him. "You remember my friend Logan?" He suddenly asked, taking me by surprise again.

Did I remember Logan? The tall, sexy, redhead with broad shoulders and adorable freckles, the boy I'd crushed on when I was fourteen? The only beta I knew that came close to acting like an alpha, aside from my brother? Logan, the boy that ignored me in my own home, just like every other alpha my siblings had invited over during their time of living at the house? I had thought since Logan was my favorite brother's friend he might want to get to know me but he was never interested. He was almost mean about it, never even looking me in the eye when I tried to talk to him. It made me feel like such a loser back then.

"Yeah," I answered noncommittally.

"Well, it seems he's always wanted an omega mate but he hasn't found one that's interested. I told him about your troubles and he's willing to get to know you. To see if you two could have any kind of chemistry," my brother finished proudly, as if he'd given me the best news in the world.

"So, your friend thinks of me as a last resort and I'm meant to be happy about that?" I asked feeling irritated.

"No Ben, it's not like that. It's not like he's coming into this expecting you to choose him because he's giving you a chance. He just wants to see if there's a spark. He promised me that he'd court you properly like he would for any potential mate. And yeah, I thought you'd be happy. I know you use to have the biggest crush on him. It was adorable."

"I was a kid. What did I know," I snapped, not seeing the bright side that my brother seemed to see.

"So do you want to meet up with him?" Gabe pressed on excitedly, despite my words.

"He's not an alpha," I objected, wanting to get out of this.

"I know," my brother sighed sadly. "But you use to say he made you feel like he was. Maybe that feeling still exists? He's free tonight, if you wanna meet up. He said to meet him in the rec room at the pack house around eight if you're interested. He'll even buy you dinner. You should go. Just see if there's still an attraction. Even if there isn't you'll probably still have fun. You haven't been down to the pack house in a while, you don't know what you're missing."

"I don't know. I'll think about it," I finally replied after he stared me down. "But I'm busy right now. I have plans to get lunch with some friends and if we keep talking, you're going to make me late."

"Really? I thought we could hang out. I cleared the day. We haven't hung out outside the hospital in a while," he informed me looking upset.

"I can't just blow them off," I objected, unwilling to be guilted into staying. "I'd like to but I really have to go. Maybe some other time."

"Ben I really think you should go tonight," Gabe suddenly told me with a serious look in his eye. "Please consider his offer. You might be able to have most of what you want. Maybe not the whole dream but close to it anyways and he's part of our pack! You wouldn't have to look elsewhere."

"I'll think about it, thank you," I replied dutifully, wanting nothing more than to get away from this conversation.

"Hey, just because I haven't been around much, it doesn't mean that I don't care anymore, okay? You can still talk to me about anything. I'll never judge you, I'll have your back. I hope you know that," Gabe suddenly told me as he wrapped me up in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry I have plans. I'm not trying to be an asshole," I told him as I hugged him back, truly feeling bad that I couldn't spend time with my brother. I missed hanging out with him outside of work and I didn't like having to chose between Adam and my family.

But this is only the start, my wolf whispered, reminding me of what choosing the human meant.

Gabe shook his head, "You're fine Ben. You've really got to work on your self-esteem bro. Not everything is your fault, remember?"

I shrugged and pulled out of the hug. It was easy for him to say. He didn't know what it was like to be an unwanted omega when every omega around you seemed to be snatched up instantly. Of course everything that went wrong was my fault. I couldn't positive self talk my way out of that. "I'll see you at work tomorrow," I told him as a goodbye.

"Hopefully with good news," he answered with a grin. "I'm sure you'll have fun if you go tonight. Say you will. Please? For me?"

"I don't know. Please don't ask again. I'll think about it. I promise. Now I have to go," I replied, finally fed up.

"Do you want me to drive you, since you're running late?" He asked innocently as he walked outside with me.

"No, I could use the exercise," I told him as I began to walk away. This time Gabe finally gave up and let me be on my way.

*******

"I'm so sorry I'm late Master. Please don't be upset. I tried to be on time." I told Adam when I walked into the diner and saw him sitting at a table, clearly waiting for me.

"Hi baby," he replied, looking happy to see me. "You don't have to be exactly on time all the time you know. Are those for me?" He asked, gesturing to the bouquet of colorful gerber daisies I'd set on the table.

I blushed and mentally berated myself for not getting my boyfriend a gift after our lovely date the night before. "No, I-sorry. They're for your mom. As an apology for last night. I'm sorry Master. I didn't think to-"

"Hey, relax baby. You don't owe me anything. I think it's really sweet that you brought my mom flowers. She's gonna like that."

"Is she here?" I asked hopefully, wanting to finally make a good impression on her.

"Not at the moment but she'll be back in a little while. She went to the bank but I promise you'll get to meet her and I'm sure she'll love you."

I smiled shyly, pleased that I'd made my boyfriend happy, and held still as he grabbed my chin in his hand.

"You look really tired, didn't you get any sleep?" Adam asked while looking at me with concern as he gently stroked my cheek.

"I.. had nightmares," I quietly admitted. It didn't occur to me to lie to him even though I hadn't intended to tell him of my fears.

"That seems to be going around. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked looking worried as he took my hand.

I shook my head, unwilling to admit the images of Adam fucking some other twink that had played through my dreams on repeat every time I closed my eyes.

"Am I allowed to ask you questions about your job?" I asked timidly. I didn't exactly think Adam would mind me asking him anything but I was stressed over what his answers would be.

"Sure baby, what would you like to know?" He asked, just like I thought he would.

I felt my cheeks grow hot, "Do you enjoy having multiple subs? Does their submission.. please you?"

"Yes but it's complicated," he answered.

I dropped my eyes to the table, "I'm glad you like your job," I muttered, feeling wave after wave of jealousy crash over me.

"Aww honey what's wrong?" Adam asked with a squeeze to my hand.

"Do you find any of them attractive?" I asked instead of responding to his question.

"Benny, are you jealous?" He asked gently as his thumb drew circles on the back of my hand.

"I-I'm sorry. I know you need to work. Just forget I said anything. It's not my business," I rushed to say as I blushed again, hating myself for being so stupidly obvious.

"No. I'm not going to just forget it. We're in a relationship now. If you're upset you need to talk to me. I'll still do scenes with you and take care of you after but I want to know what's going on too. You don't get to shut me out anymore. Okay? Tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing. I don't need a scene for this," I answered proudly, trying to prove that I didn't need him for everything.

"Maybe not but that doesn't mean I can't help. And you know, it's not like I have a normal job. It's okay to have feelings or questions about it. What part of my job makes you jealous baby? Tell me everything. I won't get mad."

I finally decided to be brave and came right out with it. "Does anyone else ask for sex?" I blurted out all at once.

"Yes. I get asked all the time," he answered, "But baby, I don't fuck anyone but you. If that's what you're so worried about," he replied gently, making sure to look me right in the eye.

"You don't?" I asked hopefully as my heart fluttered beneath my chest.

"I don't," he promised, placing a soft kiss to my knuckles. "Never have before you either. That's just.. not something I do at work but I could never deny you so.. it ended up happening. And, as cheesy as it sounds, I haven't been physically attracted to anyone but you in years. You're just so fucking sweet and cute and sexy and you're such a good boy. You're the best sub I've ever had. How could I not want you? No one else can compare. I.. I missed you a lot during your long absences from the dungeon," he admitted. "And it bothered me to not know when or if you were coming back. From our very first meeting, you've been my favorite submissive sweetheart."

"You missed me? And I'm your favorite?" I asked, mentally melting over everything the human had just said to me.

Adam just smiled and kissed my hand again instead of saying anything.

"Can I ask you another question? Um.. why do you like having other subs if you claim to only want me?" I asked feeling slightly self-conscious despite knowing how much Adam liked me.

"It's sorta a long story but when I was a kid I had a serious rage problem. Usually when I felt like something unjust was happening, I'd react violently, wanting to punish the offender. It wasn't that bad at first but eventually I got older and bigger and.. stronger. Like, somehow my rage makes me abnormally strong and at age seven I ended up beating the shit out of a 6th grader because he was picking on a girl my age. I sent the kid to the hospital with a few broken bones. He survived and is perfectly healthy today but after that my mom took me out of school and taught me herself. Not that she had a choice, since no school would take me after that episode. I honestly should have gotten in a lot more trouble but I suspect she settled it with the family and just never told me how.