All Comments on 'The 'Other' Bucket List'

by roowa

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
29wordsforsnow29wordsforsnowalmost 4 years ago

Everything in what's on my list of a story to favor: Romance, Teasing, Humor, Twists and a couple that expands its horizons. On top the detailed nature description plus the sooo inspiring exhib/voyeur story. Gonna read it again, soon.

So what more could I ask for...?

Ah, I know, sequels!

Don't let us down, even if you make us wait one year, but please!

Thanks for this great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great read

with, as another fan said, all the best elements. Good character development, some great, and even new, ideas, leading to a most enjoyable story. Maybe the end was a little rushed if I’m to be picky, but it left a few hooks for the multiple sequels I hope to read. Thanks

sirhugssirhugsalmost 4 years ago
really well written

A bit slow to get to the sex though- I hope that doesn't get you too many down votes. Next time, you might want to try starting in media res and then back track to the back story to get some sex up front. My gauge is to try to have some sexual action in the first 1000 words, even if it is just a tease, but certainly on page one.

KlitomaticKlitomaticalmost 4 years ago
Been on That Trail

It's a bitch, and yes had a little fun with the wife. Must be the altitude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Lovely story. Just a quick note as a local denizen of the Chimney Rock area, it’s “Chimney Top” not “Chimney Tops”. Was driving me rather crazy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I gave this a One.

And I'd give it less if I could. This isn't sex, or love - it's emotional abuse.

zooliciouszooliciousalmost 4 years ago

I enjoyed the background and the build up. Best wishes in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I liked i!

I can't wait for them to check more off the list.

roowaroowaalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the feedback, the positive and the not-so-much. I honestly do take it all in and appreciate that you took the time to comment.

For those who didn't like it, or even just provided some constructive criticism, I hope you'll give me another chance with a future story.

Regarding "Chimney Top" vs "Chimney Tops" I've been frequenting the area for nearly thirty years now and have never heard it referred to in the singular. I've only seen it called "Chimney Tops" (plural) since there are two 'chimneys' once you reach the top. The NSPS website, maps, and even the signage at the trailhead all refer to it in the plural. Perhaps, the locals refer to in singular form in spite of this? In any case, I'm not trying argue, just explaining why I wrote it as I did. I'm super glad you still enjoyed the story!

As far as the contest goes, I really have no shot at 'the podium' but it was still fun to throw my hat in the ring. There are quite a few fantastic stories in the contest, and very deserving of their high scores.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my story!

-Roo

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userroowa@roowa
I’m just a regular roo who happens to enjoy reading stories and occasionally writing them. I hope you enjoy reading mine as much as I’ve enjoyed writing and sharing them with you. If you're interested in being a beta-readers for a future story, please reach me via the contac...