The Other Girls Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Only the real pervs, so tell all your girlfriends about me," Fay shot back. "It works on guys too. It's nice to be appreciated -- so long as I get some advance warning."

"Well look, I'll make you a promise." Tara folded her palms together. "When I grab your arse on Friday, I'll be honest enough to fess up to it. I won't be drunk either. How does that sound to you?"

Fay shook her head. "Wow. Are you sure you've never talked any girls into bed before? 'Cos with game as good as this... you could have your pick. You're wasting your effort on me." Tara felt a surge of renewed hope as their banter continued. Fay trusted that she knew what she was doing. That was the most important thing. With that in place, she could concentrate on making the moment right.

The night before the big day was, thankfully, cooler than it had been recently. All that meant in practice was that Tara couldn't blame her bad sleep on the temperature. She was sure that Fay was going through the same thing in her room. It occurred to her that they could have moved in together, to get a little closer before they did so in earnest. But being that close without actually going all the way would have made it more awkward, not less. The thought of going to sleep with Fay in the next bed, saying goodnight to each other like they were on a camping trip, was just weird.

She had begun to think a lot about the power of premonition. It had happened before in her dreams: movements through doors and corridors, odd snatches of conversation that were played out verbatim the next day or several days later. They'd never been anything of real importance, but now that her daydreams about Fay had started to creep into her actual dreams, she wondered if a real glimpse of her future was mixed in with the fantasy. That night she had an especially long, potent vision that ended with her waking up in the small hours, covered in sweat and throbbing impatiently between her legs. She spent a long time replaying the details before she was able to drift off again.

She woke up a few hours later and lay in bed with her eyes closed. She was waiting for the sound of Fay moving into the bathroom; she was always the first one in there, even though she was going out far less. No sound came, and eventually Tara got up and stepped onto the landing. She was reluctant to intrude on Fay's room. She took the handle gently and pushed the door open. Fay was sitting up in bed, the covers to her waist, gazing out of the window. "Hi," she waved.

"Hi. Are you feeling OK?"

Fay flopped down on the pillow, miming a thudding heartbeat over her chest. "I'm coping!" Tara had known her long enough to recognise a show of bravado when she saw it.

She took a few steps into the room and perched on the edge of her bed.

"Did you want to go in the bathroom?"

"Yeah. But you've got to work today, right? You should go in first."

"I don't have to be in till ten, I've got ages." Tara smiled as a thought occurred to her. "We could go in together, that'd be fair. I'll keep out of your way," she explained as Fay gave her a suspect look. "It's big enough for both of us to do our stuff."

Fay nodded slowly. "All right." She threw off the covers and lay still for a moment, arms by her sides. She looked appealingly at Tara. "I'm being lazy this morning, can you help me up?" Tara took her by the wrists and hauled her upright. The two girls climbed off the bed and exited, Fay's footsteps dragging hesitantly behind Tara's. The clock was ticking and they both knew it. As soon as they entered the bathroom Tara picked up the toothpaste and began squeezing it onto her brush, reassuring Fay that she had nothing extra-curricular planned.

Fay moved to the shower and ran the water, stifling a yawn. She looked as though she hadn't slept well either. She stepped into the cubicle and began to rinse herself down while Tara noisily brushed her teeth. For a couple of minutes they were just an ordinary pair going about their daily routine. "I'll be done about half-four," Tara mumbled through a mouthful of toothpaste. She spat it out and tried again. "I'll be finished by half-four. I could meet you at the pub for a drink before we... come back here."

"Yep," Fay agreed tersely, busying herself with the soap. "So, how many do you want to get down me before you think I'm ready?"

Tara set her toothbrush down. "One extra-strong lemonade should do it. We'll need something to cool us down. She nodded to the window. "Looks like it's going to be another scorcher."

"Too right." Fay leant against the wall and sighed. "I'm gonna go into town this afternoon. Not to do anything, just to have a look round. If I stay here by myself all day... I'll go crazy. I'd be a nervous wreck by four o'clock."

"Me too." Tara walked over to the toilet and sat down. Her eyes focused on Fay and remained there for some time. A smile slowly drifted across her face.

"What is it?"

"I was just thinking... all the times I've looked at your body, and this is going to be the last time before we have sex." Fay looked down, cringing, which only made her even cuter. Tara examined her slowly from head to toe. "You really are amazing," she declared at length. "Every bit of you."

Fay was about to say something, to offer some smart retort, but in front of Tara's honesty her sarcasm withered and died away. Lifting her head, she met Tara's gaze and silently mouthed, 'Thank you.' They stared at each other across the tiled floor. The heat was building, but Tara was perfectly happy where she was. Her thighs parted and her hand edged down her belly until it was back on familiar turf. Fay grinned as she realised where she was heading. "You need to warm up, on a day like this?"

"I don't need to." Tara licked a couple of fingers. "I want to." She began to circle her clit, her fingers working a practised motion. She pushed her legs further out, planting the left foot on the side of the cubicle, only inches from Fay.

"Be careful you don't use up all your energy before tonight!"

"Don't worry. I'll manage." Tara sunk down a little on the toilet seat, her crotch thrust forwards. For the first time she was the one taking the lead. Fay watched her, drawing in deep breaths, before she too put a hand over her crotch and began to masturbate. There was something particularly uninhibited in the way they went about it this time. Without the luxury of soft sofas, they needed to get the job done quicker than usual; but there was also recognition that this was the last time they would keep things at a distance. Their fists disappeared in a blur of activity, their bodies straining towards each other in deep, unquenchable longing.

Tara looked down at her creamy white skin and saw that it had turned a blotchy pink. Her clit was bulging out of its hood. Swinging her head to one side, she slumped back on the cistern and yelled as a hard, convulsive orgasm gripped her. "Fuck! Fuck..." She winced, feeling her toes flex against the shower door. They dug in, and she steadied herself just in time before she slid off the toilet. She could do without an accident hours before her evening of passion.

Fay was behind her for once. Having watched Tara climax, she placed one hand on top of the other and slid gradually down the wall to her knees. Her mouth fell open and she let out a long, sustained cry of pleasure. The water cascaded off her beautiful, curvaceous body and Tara felt a sense of pride, almost triumph, at the thought that it would be hers to explore soon. "Jesus..." Fay shook her clinging wet hair out of her eyes. "Tara, you potty mouth! I never heard you swear before."

Tara held her fingers to her lips and sucked them dry. "Well, there's a challenge for you. See how many times you can make me swear tonight." That bold proposal seemed to shock Fay even more than the language. She looked at Tara open-mouthed. Both of them were too knocked out to stir from their positions for the time being.

"Are we going to use our own beds?" Fay asked eventually, her voice catching. "I mean, they're a bit small."

"We'd have to stay very close together." Tara looked at Fay. "I could manage that. But... there's a few things I can think of that are probably gonna need more room." Fay blushed adorably. "We'll have to use Paul and Jenny's bed."

"Ooh, are you sure? They'd be so mad if they knew! Well, she would..."

"What's the alternative? I don't fancy shoving our beds together. It's not like they own the place."

"True." Fay smiled as the thought intoxicated her. "At least that bed's gonna get some proper action at last. We can show them how to do it."

"Uh-huh." Tara ran a hand down her thigh, feeling it quiver in excitement. She had enough in reserve for tonight, she knew it. She stared at Fay until she became aware of the time, and realised she had to get on. Carefully she lowered her leg to the floor and hauled herself into a sitting pose. Her crotch was now sending her a more basic signal. "Um, I need to pee. Is that OK?"

"Yeah, sure." Fay got to her feet and half-turned away. "I won't look."

"You can if you want to." The words tripped right off Tara's tongue, and she stood her ground as Fay swivelled round in astonishment. "I won't tell." There seemed no point in being shy about it now they had seen so much of each other. Fay stared at her for a moment, eyes wide; then she nodded and leant back, realising that they had crossed a threshold. Tara opened the lid and sat down. She was worried her bladder would be too shy, but finally the floodgates opened. As the trickle became a flow she gazed across at Fay and smiled, feeling utterly relaxed. When she was done she dried herself and flushed the toilet like she was on her own. She could be herself around somebody else for the first time.

When they were out of the bathroom, she prepared for the oddest day's work she would ever have. She chose a sleeveless white dress with a lace midriff that hung loosely about her. It was a bit over the top for work, but as long as she didn't turn up sporting her current domestic look, i.e. nothing, they seemed happy. After chewing through breakfast, she said her goodbyes. Fay was sitting on the couch, still wrapped in a towel. She obviously had a lot on her mind. "I'll be off then. I'll call you if I'm going to be late, but I don't see how -- unless a druggie robs the chemist or something."

Fay looked up at her with a weak smile. "Yeah. OK."

Tara took her hand and squeezed it. "See you soon." They stared into each other's eyes and she wanted to do more, much more -- out of a wish to comfort her as much as devour her. But this wasn't the right moment. With a final wave she was gone.

As the day unfolded she felt intense sympathy for what Fay must be going through, stuck at home by herself. She had the distraction of work to occupy her, and still the hours crawled by. At lunchtime she went out for a sandwich and returned to eat it in the tiny staff room at the back of the building. There was only one other person in, and he was busy in the stock room. When she was alone, Tara pulled her chair up to the table and touched herself. She didn't dare risk more, but as her hand rested on her pussy with only a couple of thin layers separating them, she felt it tingle impatiently. The stuffy heat only magnified her frustration. She had to get this desire out of her soon, before it overwhelmed her.

At long last it was closing time. Tara went through the locking up routine slowly and deliberately, using it to steady her nerves. Once she stepped out onto the pavement she felt the urge to rush again, partly because of the burning sun. With cream glistening on her exposed skin she set off up the high street for her first date with Fay. It was going to be shorter, and more successful, than most dates.

There was a small group of drinkers outside the pub already, most of them early escapees from work gearing up for the weekend. Tara threaded her way through them, getting some lingering looks. Inside the place was starting to fill up and there was an excited buzz. She glanced to the right beyond the bar and picked out Fay at a table in the corner, doing her best to look invisible. Tara got the feeling that she had been there for a while. She rushed over to join her. "Hey." Fay brightened as she saw her. "So," she continued as she sat down, "you found something to wear!"

Fay was clad in a dark blue vest and her favourite cut-off denim shorts. She examined herself critically. "Maybe I should have stuck with the towel; everyone's copping a look at me anyway. I didn't think there'd be this many people around!"

"You look great," Tara reassured her. "But you've got to expect people when you come out of hiding now and then. You can't be a recluse forever."

Fay gave her an ironic look. "Says the girl who's taking me out on the town tonight... oh wait, no." She pushed one of the two glasses of lemonade in front of her towards Tara. "There you go."

"Thanks." They sipped their drinks. "How have you been feeling?"

"OK," said Fay unconvincingly. "What about you?"

"Bored out of my mind." Tara ran her finger round the rim of her glass. "When I wasn't thinking about you, anyway."

Fay held her glass close to her lips. "You're such a player," she murmured, knocking most of it back in one go.

Their eyes wandered to their drab surroundings, which hardly seemed real. Despite Tara's jibe, it was a strange feeling to be around so many people when they had gotten used to each other's company and no-one else's. She'd had a vague idea that they could use this time to delve into their thoughts and feelings, to iron out any last minute nerves, but it soon became clear that they were never going to do it here, surrounded by strangers. After a few minutes of sitting in near silence, she reached across the table, took Fay's hand and looked her squarely in the eye. "Shall we go?"

Fay took a deep breath, her shoulders trembling. "Yeah," she said almost inaudibly. Tara guided her to her feet and ushered her forward, keeping a protective watch on her. They walked slowly out of the pub, the surreal situation hitting them for the first time. The gauntlet outside gave them more inquisitive looks, but they had no idea what the two women were about to do. No-one did. On the pavement they fell in beside one another and set course for home, the same route they had taken hundreds of times before. It had never felt like this, and never would again.

In the five minutes it took to reach their destination Tara dwelt on the thoughts that had consumed her for the last few weeks, and wondered how many of them would actually become reality. Neither she nor Fay said a word, knowing there was little left to say. She was both grateful and fearful to turn the corner into their street and see the house waiting for them. From the outside it was still an utter tip: the last place that would spring to mind for a night of unbridled passion. Or, whatever their best efforts could manage.

They ambled up the path with Fay leading. She stopped in front of the door and hung there, frozen to the spot. Tara fished the key from her pocket. Instead of manoeuvring around Fay, she stayed right behind her, leaning in close as she inserted the key in the lock. Their arms and torsos were nestled together for a brief moment. Tara clasped Fay's left shoulder to steady herself, and Fay's body jolted forwards as though it had been shocked. Inches from her face, Tara heard her exhale sharply. The door swung open and the dark, inviting, private hallway beckoned them in.


12