The Other Side of The Green Sofa

Story Info
Jane’s Story.
12.2k words
4.37
8.8k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For context, see my original story - The Green Sofa.

I got the idea for that story from watching a real life porn clip. I recently stumbled across that clip again and while watching it, began to imagine the lives that lay behind that moment of badly filmed passion on a large green leather sofa in a suburban home.

The clip started with a wobbly shot of a middle aged woman sat in the centre of that sofa, completely naked and watching patiently as unseen hands moved and adjusted the camera filming her.

Large soft breasts bulged between her arms, tightly crossed between her legs; a brief show of coyness while she patiently waited and watched the naked young man set up a camera, ready to film their sexual coupling.

She watched, absent-mindedly playing with her wedding ring whilst the young man's genitals came into view, swinging between his legs as he moved back and forth, making sure the camera was set just right, to ensure that he had a lasting record of the illicit sex that was about to take place.

Her eyes followed the genitals swaying in front of her, eyes that seemed full of lust for that piece of meat, her fingers twirling the ring on her finger as she pressed that hand firmly between her legs.

Although unstated, it seemed likely that she was another man's wife and was about to have sex with somebody who she was attracted to sexually, not due to love or lifelong devotion, but solely for the excitement of having sex with a well endowed young man.

Her eyes showed desire, as they followed the movement of his heavy cock swaying in front of her, whilst her constant fidgeting with her ring finger betrayed nervousness, or guilt, or maybe a desire to wrench off that symbol of marriage.

Who knows what was going through her mind?

But as the camera was finally set, a few signs of her thoughts became obvious - a ring finger unconsciously pressing against her clitoris, glistening as she became moist, her hips occasionally lifting forward as the expectation of the man's touch began to excite her.

While writing the original short story, I gave no thought to the potential circumstances leading up to a married woman offering up her body so passionately to a younger guy, presumably while her husband unknowingly went about his daily life.

What led to this married woman betraying her wedding vows so publicly, so viscerally?

So this is my version of events from the wife's perspective - this is Jane's story.

******

Menopause, the word that haunts most women as they move through their late forties and approach middle age.

Like the majority of women in my circle and of my age (around 50), I try my hardest to fight off the wrinkles and sagging body parts that we all have, and try to deny that I am actually getting old.

Regular gym visits, good diet and good genes have all helped, but when I felt my vagina dry up, I felt my life slipping away. The inevitability of old age was staring me in the face, but I wasn't prepared to give in easily.

My own problems seemed to coincide with my husband John losing interest in sex which, at first, seemed a good thing as intercourse had become painful for me. As John has never been a very considerate lover and wasn't in any way adventurous, always coming quickly then falling asleep, it was inevitable that our sex life slowly drew to a close.

We both stopped trying, John seeming happy to concentrate on his work whilst I concentrated on ways of alleviating the debilitating symptoms of menopause. As a consequence, we have now gone through almost two years of total sexual abstinence.

As my symptoms progressed, I researched the subject and started asking questions of friends and eventually, my doctor's practice. They all pointed me in the direction of a local female doctor who specialised in the field, having recently gone through the same stage of life herself. She diagnosed me as Perimenopausal, in other words, approaching that stage of life but still fertile. So, with her help, I started trying various hormone replacement methods.

She suggested an impregnated IUD at first. As I had come off the pill but still had intermittent periods it seemed sensible, as it also served as a contraceptive, even though there was minimal risk of me getting pregnant, given my non existent sex life.

That made some difference, but I had problems with it, so had to have it removed.

Next I tried a gel, which initially seemed ineffective but, after a couple of months, I noticed dramatic changes in my body and mood.

My body started to change in many beneficial ways; smoother skin, no more sweats or mood swings, all of the things I had hoped for, but the biggest change is in my sexual libido. This unexpected change makes me now think of sex constantly, and I find myself masturbating regularly. I still need to use a lubricant when using a dildo, but even that has improved, as I notice wetness before and after an orgasm now.

As the hormones heal my body, and with my thoughts constantly turning to sex, I have a desire to look and feel more feminine and attractive. To that end I've bought sexier underwear, reveal more cleavage than I did and have even shaved my pussy for the first time in my life.

Initially, there was no logic to doing these things, as my husband John is now totally disinterested in me, so nobody looks at me with desire anymore, but it all makes me feel more feminine, and sexy.

I also treat my body to a fantastic cream that I discovered, which makes the skin smoother and softer. The best part of that is rubbing it between my legs, which inevitably leads me to masturbation. That cream not only brings good sensations to my vagina, but also makes it feel as soft and smooth as a ripe peach. I now delight in the look and feel of that part of my body which once gave me so much pleasure over the years. I am now proud of that part of my body again, regularly looking at myself in the mirror and touching it, parting the labia and wondering what it would feel like to have a man's cock parting those lips once more.

The downside of this rejuvenation was the realisation that, at my age, it seemed unlikely that any man would ever compliment me on how sexy I looked, or kiss me, or part my legs to enter me whilst whispering how soft my body felt to their touch.

It was depressing to think that I would never again experience the admiration or loving touch of a man, as I now had nobody willing to share these renewed feelings with, or to kiss and admire my rejuvenated body.

I look at John, but can't face the thought of sex with him. I tried, but he clearly no longer finds me attractive and we seem to have grown apart during our period of abstinence.

Why do I think that?

Well, I had to initiate sex for many years, whereas it used to be John. I would masturbate him until he started to get an erection, but as soon as he penetrated me he would go soft, pull out and finish himself off by masturbating, leaving me to (as he put it), sort myself out.

This is no longer a loving or sexual relationship and I have had thoughts about ending our stale relationship but, more pressingly, how to satisfy my renewed sexual cravings.

I've bought myself some toys, which are amazing, but I now find myself flirting with any young guys that I come across, even going so far as wandering around the supermarket without panties in the hope that the guy feeling the mangos will notice me and check out my peach for ripeness.

So far nothing has come of my flirty looks, suggestive comments, or inappropriate bending over in the supermarket aisles, adding to my fear that women of my age are invisible to younger people in everyday life.

I'm desperate for the delivery guy to come in and bend me over the kitchen table, but all he wants is to dash off to make his next delivery.

It's never like that in the porn clips I watch!

I considered clubs and other social events, but they all seem to be full of women my age or older, with different interests to mine, having apparently given in to the inevitability of old age, so I decided to try to put it to the back of my mind and get on with life.

That is, until John arranged a get together with some of his new golfing mates in our local pub.

John had only recently taken up golf and was spending most of his free time at our local club. I had briefly met one or two of his friends, so was a little anxious as we walked into the restaurant area, his friends and their wives already sat round a table ordering drinks when we arrived. I sat awkwardly next to one of the women, with John as usual ordering a beer for himself, not bothering to make introductions and leaving me to order my own drink and introduce myself to everybody.

John downed his first beer, trying to catch up with the others, turning his back on me and concentrating instead on his new male friends.

We ate, with the men slowly getting drunk, boring us all with golfing tales and well worn dirty jokes, whilst I tried to chat to the four wives, three of whom were devouring white wine as fast as the waitress could open the bottles.

These three had been good friends for years and were difficult to prise apart, their conversation seemingly designed to keep myself and the other wife, Meryl, out of their little clique. Meryl was at one end of the three and and I was at the other, so we just listened, exchanging knowing smiles with each other.

After dinner, we moved into the bar area, the men going to the bar for drinks and not returning, sending the barmaid across with our drinks.

We sat awkwardly at a table, watching our husbands in a group of other men at the bar. Meryl and I had managed to sit next to each other and had started to get to know each other, but the conversation from the other three was overpowering us to the point where we gave up.

One of the wives, Julie, got up and walked to the bar, berating her husband for something, then storming back to the table with a face like thunder. To break the sudden awkward silence, I once again tried to force myself into the conversation.

"So, how's your love life these days girls?" I asked, instantly feeling embarrassment at that awkward opening line, but getting a surprisingly enthusiastic response from the wine laden wives.

Julie cackled and looked at the other three.

"Love life! What love life? we were talking about that the other day, weren't we Debbie? We seem to have got to the stage of life where sex is nothing but a distant memory."

Debbie chimed in, "You can say that again, Tom can't do it any more, poor soul. It's all a bit of a relief really."

The third of the group pulled a face and agreed "I never did like sex to be honest, it was always a duty as far as I was concerned and once we had our two kids, that was it. I didn't have time for any of that nonsense."

And that is how their conversation continued, with Meryl and me listening in silence whilst they revelled in their joint lack of interest in sex and their husbands inability to get it up.

Eventually, I turned to Meryl, the only one of the four that I could honestly say that I liked, quietly asking for her view.

"What about you Meryl, your sex life OK?"

Meryl smiled and answered briefly.

"I get enough thanks, more than enough really."

She then glanced toward her husband with a smile and quietly added,

"No thanks to Terry though."

That cryptic answer stopped the cackling and got a quizzical look from our friends so, after a lengthy silence, I took the initiative.

"OK, you now have our undivided attention Meryl. Do tell!"

"Well, I use a dating site. Have done for a couple of years."

Julie gave her a withering stare, while Debbie spat out her condemnation.

"You mean that you've got a man on the side, a toy boy?"

"No, nothing like that." Meryl calmly answered, "I rarely go with anybody more than once. I treat them as one night stands, just for sex, nothing romantic."

I smiled in admiration at her boldness and confidence, but the three others stared open mouthed at her response, Julie spitting out her condemnation.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, a woman of your age."

The other two added equally disgusted words before I decided to save Meryl from any more vitriol and tried to change the subject. Unfortunately, that didn't work as the three were clearly united in their distaste for Meryl's chosen lifestyle and seemed determined to dig their claws in deep.

I started to stick up for her but they ignored me and continued to tear into her, while she just sat looking at them with a half smile on her face, saying nothing.

Their fury well and truly vented, they signalled their desire to leave by getting up and flouncing away, Meryl and I watching in amusement as they strode up to their men who, looking bemused and disappointed, were told to finish their drinks and take the old hags home.

"Good riddance, you old witches." I whispered to Meryl as they dragged their men away. "Those three have been getting up my nose since we sat down."

Meryl smiled and shook her head.

"Take no notice Jane, I couldn't care less what they think, in fact I only said it to shut them up. I knew what kind of response I'd get."

"Oh, so you made all that up then, about the dating site and one night stands?"

"No, it's all true. Terry has been useless in that department for years. He knows what I do, not all the details, but he knows that I go with other men and seems comfortable with it.

Anyway, you're the only one who didn't answer your own question. How's your sex life Jane?"

She gave a knowing smile before adding,

"I got the impression that your question was a cry for help!"

I laughed in response, warming to Meryl and relieved at her calm honesty.

"Is it that obvious? To be honest, I was just fumbling for something to make conversation, but maybe it showed what's constantly on my mind."

I took a deep breath, before going on.

"My sex life is not good, I must admit, in fact it's a solitary occupation these days. I think I need a bit of what you've been getting. If I don't have sex soon, I fear it might heal up!

Meryl picked up her phone and flicked on to the dating app she used, a smile on her face.

"So.....are you interested then Jane?"

She looked at me as I looked round guiltily and shrugged, adding....

"I'm not sure. I mean at my age, who would be interested?"

Meryl thumbed through her phone screen.

"Let's see......would you like to have sex with these guys for instance?"

She flicked through a succession of profiles of men she had presumably recently had sex with.

Peering at her phone, my eyes widened as I took in the men she had dated.

I couldn't believe how young and good looking they all were. Meryl is still a good looking woman and has a good body, but she is as old as me, with all of the age related wrinkles and, despite her hairdressers hard work, slightly greying hair.

I stared some more, then mumbled my answer.

"Wow, I wouldn't say no to any of these guys, but they wouldn't look twice at me, would they?"

"They'd be lining up, believe me Jane. Things have changed since we last dated guys, young guys all want a MILF now. We're their fantasy fuck!"

She looked at me smiling.

"Well, do you want to sign up?"

My voice dropped to a whisper as I stumbled through a sentence which betrayed my indecision.

"Well. I don't know, maybe I could just download the app and see how it all works. I could, maybe, but no, I really don't think I should."

But I was secretly getting turned on at the thought as I silently flicked through Meryl's contact list, men who she had presumably had sex with, men in the prime of their life. The photos showed fit, good looking and virile young men, the messages associated with them showing that they all seemed to be desperate to have sex with Meryl, a woman my age, who they clearly found very desirable as a mate.

So, while staring at the photo of a young muscular black guy stripped to the waist, with a very large bulge in his pants, I blabbed out.

"Oh fuck it! Show me how to sign up!"

Within a few minutes, Meryl had helped me set up a profile. I nipped off to the loo to take a profile picture, (very discrete, lots of cleavage with a sexy smile, but not full face) and I was active.

Just taking that photo, and thinking of strange men looking at it, made me horny and I found myself looking in the mirror to check my hair and make up, just like I used to do as a teenager, before venturing back into the bar.

I excitably carried on chatting to Meryl, listening open mouthed to her dating stories, while we both finished the wine left by the three witches, our conversation frequently interrupted by alerts from my phone.

Within an hour, I had eleven replies. I was amazed! Who would guess that there were so many single guys attracted to me? I was quite shocked, as they all seemed to have nine inch cocks, if you believed the explicit photos sent with most of them.

One of the first replies came as a bit of a shock, as the guy just said,

"Hi, I was thinking of coming over to say hello, but thought you were with your hubby. Message back and we can have a chat."

"Meryl, look at this guy, it sounds like he's here!"

She peered over at the phone.

"Oh, I know him, it's Andy. He's over there, playing pool."

Just then, the barmaid arrived with two racks of shot glasses, each glass filled with liquor of various shades.

"Hi ladies, it looks like you have admirers. The guys at the pool table bought these for you."

I looked round, slightly unnerved at the thought of such immediate contact, to see a tall guy in his mid twenties looking at us. He waved when he saw me looking. I liked the look of him so smiled back and surprised myself when I found myself lifting a shot to my lips and giving him a sexy wink.

We laughed and downed a shot each, Meryl smiling and winking at me.

"Looks like you've pulled Jane. All you have to do now is put your conscience to one side, ditch your husband and say yes."

I picked up another shot for courage before looking round again.

Andy smiled back, then glanced at the bar before putting down his cue and walking over to us.

Panic set in as I scanned the room for John, who was leaning on the bar, pint in hand, taking no notice of me. I panicked a little more when I saw Andy's pool partner walk across and start talking to John, who seemed to know him, laughing and shaking hands with him like a long lost friend.

Andy was now standing over us, peering down at my breasts with admiration.

"Hi Meryl, are you going to introduce me to this beautiful lady, Serendipity 1969 isn't it? I saw your profile come up and immediately realised it was you. I've been admiring you all night and thinking of coming over for a chat, but wasn't sure what your situation was but, if your profile is accurate, it seems like you're up for some fun!"

I was embarrassed by his direct approach, with John in the same room, but incredibly flattered that a young good looking guy like him had been eyeing me up all night. I also noticed, by the bulge in his pants, that he was most definitely 'up for some fun' as he put it.

He noticed me eyeing his bulge, winking at me with a broad grin.

"Can I get you gorgeous girls another drink?"

Meryl smiled as she saw my eyes light up, accepting his offer and watching him discretely order our drinks, well away from John and his friend.

Unlike our husbands, Andy brought the drinks over, met my look and gave me a knowing wink as he sat down between us.

Meryl stayed with me to make sure that it didn't look too obvious that I was being chatted up, but stayed out of the conversation, studying her phone.

It felt very strange flirting with a man, when we both already knew where this was leading. I got the impression that Meryl had set this up while I was in the loo, as he seemed to know a lot about me and my sex life, or lack of it. It might also have had something to do with my eyes darting to his crotch every few seconds with a broad smile on my face.