The Payback

Story Info
Rob helps Debby overcome her pain.
32.1k words
4.46
9.7k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
luk77
luk77
98 Followers

Editor's note: this story contains scenes of non-consensual or reluctant sex.

*****

Rob waited patiently at the exit to the car park outside Blum Industries. It had taken him some time and lots of forced courage to ask Debby out. It was just a Wednesday night. She had refused him politely many times but he was not discouraged; the more Debbie dismissed it, the greater his desire to win her over. He was patient. Finally at lunch on Monday, he was alone with her for an instant and invited her for a drink at a nice bar he had discovered over the weekend.

Debby was just as tall as Rob, slim with a small bust line. She has short blonde hair and wore very little makeup. She was pretty in Rob's eyes and her reticence to talk or engage with others indicated some trouble in her life. She appeared to have trouble around people and particularly men. She did sit with him though at the lunch table but mostly with others. Ron wondered at her, even wondering if she was a lesbian and hence the refusals to hook up earlier. Debby had startling blue eyes and her gaze would fix you. Somehow, his attraction was her ability to say 'no' to him repeatedly. None of the other guys would even try to approach her. That penetrating gaze would cut them down. It was not that Rob was so self-confident and good looking. He was of average build, height and looks with few friends in this town. He sensed a kindred spirit in Debbie. Quite often they would sit together at the same long lunch table and mostly with others. Except for some comment on the weather or a sports result, their conversation never progressed much. Occasionally she would smile and this lit up her face. Both were relatively new to Blum and also to this large city.

Last Saturday, with nothing to do and no particular place in mind, Rob took a walk downtown towards the busy cafes and bars along the waterfront. There was a small alleyway connecting the river walkway to a larger street and Rob decided to walk back along the main road. Halfway down the alley he heard some laughter and discovered a small bar. It wasn't overly busy but there was a mixed crowd. He decided to go in and have a quick beer. There were many young people and it seemed like everybody was having a good time. He ordered a beer and the friendly female bartender welcomed him in. He drank his beer slowly, ordered a burger and fries from the very simple menu and looked around. He liked the bar and his ability to be alone yet surrounded by people.

On the following Monday, sitting across from Debby, he mentioned what he had discovered over the weekend. Debby appeared uninterested as always. Plucking up courage toward the end of their meal he asked if she would like to join him for a drink and he would show her this hidden gem.

Debby didn't respond for a long moment, staring at him with those startling blue eyes. "OK. What time?" she finally responded.

"Well, we could go directly from work and I can drop you back here later." Rob was surprised to get an answer - a positive one - and smiled at the thought of a date, his first in a long time. "I can meet you at the exit to the building around 5.15 and drive you there."

"OK." Debby arose and left Rob thinking of his good luck. It was a strange kind of first date to go straight from work to a bar but it did mean there was no pressure. Hopefully, there would be many more dates.

Rob watched the staff leave the building. He had parked in front of the exit as if he was here to pick someone up. He finally saw her approaching and smiled. It looked like she was going to have a drink with him. Debby was talking to another girl that Rob recognized from the corridors but didn't know at all.

Debby had a small smile on her face as she approached Rob. "Hi, Rob, I asked Tara here to join us. She doesn't live far from me and I can drop her off later. Is that OK?"

"Of course," Rob quickly replied and introduced himself. "My pleasure." He saw that Tara was a little nervous fearing intrusion into a 'date' but Rob put her at ease quickly. Tara was a little shorter than Rob, with dark brown shoulder-length hair and better curves. She was pretty in a different way to Debby. He thought that for the initial 'meeting' Debby would be more at ease and then, when she got to know Rob better, she would be happy on her own. It would also be a badge for Rob to enter the bar with two girls on his arm. Debby got into the front and Tara in the back.

On the short drive to the bar, they talked about common contacts in the office. Debby replied in one-word answers. Tara talked a little more. They had to walk a few minutes down the alley to enter the bar. It was not yet 6 pm and the bar was busy but not full. They found a quiet table and Rob volunteered to get the drinks. One guy with two pretty girls would always draw attention. Rob basked in that even if it was not planned.

In that atmosphere, it was a light conversation, mostly about their respective roles at Blum. Debby was a research assistant and had moved here a few months ago from Texas. She had graduated from college just one year ago. Tara was in customer service, was a local girl that had attended a local community college. She too had graduated a year ago and Rob assumed that they were both around twenty-two years old. Rob himself was just a year older and working in administration. It was a light conversation and Debby responded to questions from Rob in single sentences. She appeared to know Tara better. Rob spent his time chatting with Tara who had no problem chatting about their co-workers, sports of music. Debby just looked on without any emotion showing on her face. Rob invited them both for dinner but Debby begged off as she had to call her folks who were two hours ahead. Tara also declined as she thought Rob's invitation was out of politeness. She didn't want to butt in between Debby and Rob. As agreed, Rob dropped Tara off first and then drove back to the office where Debby had parked her car.

"Thanks, see you tomorrow," was Debby's comment as she hastily stepped out of the car leaving Ron feeling very disappointed. Yet, he wasn't deterred and promised to try again. It wasn't a date as such but he expected a kiss on the cheek at least. Still, Debby had not seemed upset and the 'see you tomorrow' line gave him some hope.

At lunch the next day it was the same routine. Ron asked Debby if she liked the bar.

"It was nice," was her response as she ate her salad.

"Great, I'm glad. Perhaps we can do that again," Rob said hopefully.

"OK," was Debby's terse reply.

"Would you like to go back there for a drink on Saturday? Perhaps have some dinner?" Ron asked encouraged by Debby's response.

Debby stared at Rob again. He was getting used to that look. It appeared she was sizing him up. It was rather unnerving to have those bright blue eyes stare at him.

"You can pick me up at 6.30 at my apartment. I'll text you the address." The conversation was over. Debby got up and left Rob staring at her pert behind.

As promised, Rob got the email with the address and a short note to say that 'they would be ready by 6.30'. Rob wasn't sure what Debby meant with 'they'. Was it Tara again? Or was it just an expression on Debby's part. Tara was very pleasant and Rob liked her, but there was something mysterious and hidden about Debby that made him even more curious. He even went so far as to ask himself if Debby and Tara were in a relationship. But, in that case, why even agree to go out with Rob? It didn't make sense but her strange behavior was a challenge to him. He called the restaurant and made the reservation for 3.

On Saturday, Rob dressed in a smart jacket and open shirt and drove to Debby's apartment. He saw Debby and Tara waiting outside. Both were dressed smartly for a night out. Debby had even a light application of lipstick but no other makeup. Tara had applied her makeup skillfully for a night out. Debby wore a pants suit whilst Tara wore a nice dress in a dark olive color. Rob was disappointed that he wouldn't get time alone with Debby. But also pleased that he would have two nice looking girls at his side. Quite a lot of progress for a guy who hadn't had a date in many months.

"I thought we could have a drink at that bar and I made a reservation at a small Italian restaurant a few minutes' walk from the bar. Is that OK with you ladies?" Rob asked cheerfully.

"Sure, "Tara replied first.

"OK," was Debby's short reply.

Rob got them drinks in the crowded bar. Tara seemed genuinely happy to be out and in company. Debby was her usual taciturn self. It was less that she was impolite but more that she had very little to say voluntarily. She answered questions but did not attempt to start a thread in the conversation. The bar was noisy and after one drink they decided to head for the restaurant. Rob felt particularly good to be observed by all that he was accompanied by two ladies.

The small restaurant was busy on a Saturday night and Rob was glad he had the reservation. The Italian food was great and they shared plates. Debby was a little more talkative but Tara and Rob kept the conversation alive. As they all related their backgrounds, Debby recalled how her family lived on the outskirts of a large city and her father was a long-distance truck driver. Tara's parent owned a small hardware store in rural Iowa. Rob described his background from Washington State. All had diverse backgrounds and were now working on the outskirts of the Windy City, Chicago. As the dinner progressed, Debby seemed to retreat after her initial participation in the discussion.

As they finished dinner, the girls opted out of dessert. Rob ordered coffee as did Tara. Suddenly Debby rose, told them to take their time and she would meet them outside when they were done. Rob looked at her in surprise but couldn't find a speedy response.

Tara pressed Rob's hand. "Debby has some issues and has gone for a smoke. She does that when she is anxious."

"Oh," was all Rob could say. It would explain a lot but since he had no idea he couldn't judge. He looked at Tara for more explanation. They continued to talk and Tara laughed at Rob's silly jokes.

"Rob, there is a lot to explain. Debby has shared some stuff with me. It seems I am her only friend. I am sorry I don't want to intrude between you and her. But she insisted I come or she would cancel."

"Tara, I am happy to get to know you. Debby always seems unhappy and since we were both strangers to this town, I thought we could explore together. I was very happy to meet you. There is nothing between Debby and me and you are not intruding."

"I am glad," Tara replied. "Let's give her time to finish her cigarette and join her. Text me your number and I can call you to explain more. This is not the time and place."

Rob was now more than curious to hear the story and texted Tara his number. "Yes, do call me anytime." Rob called for the bill and they left.

They joined Debby who took a deep drag and ground out her cigarette as they approached. "I needed that," is all she said as they walked back to Rob's car. As per their last get together, Rob dropped Tara off first and then took Debby to her apartment which was about a mile away. Debby was silent and as Rob stopped the car Debby leaned toward him, kissed him on the cheek with a soft "Thanks" and got out. The mystery of Debby had deepened and Rob was even more curious now to hear from Tara. He realized that even though he had wanted to get closer to Debby, he had more in common and a better dialog with Tara. She had saved the evening. The kiss on the cheek from Debby also meant progress.

Rob did his chores the next day, Sunday, and intended to watch sports that afternoon. In the back of his mind, the mystery of Debby was never far away. Around 2 pm that afternoon Rob received a call from Tara.

"Hey, Rob, would you like to have a coffee this afternoon?" she asked.

"Of course," Rob replied. "Where can I meet you? When?"

"Would you mind coming to my apartment? I can make coffee here. Say around 4?"

"Great. I'll be there." Rob wondered for an instant if Debby would be there too.

"It'll be just you and me," Tara added finishing Rob's thoughts.

Rob left the apartment a little early and bought some cookies. Tara invited him into her small but neat apartment. It was a small studio in a L-shape with a small sofa and two upright chairs. The kitchenette and dining area were in one space with the living space. The bed- and bathroom were apparently at the end of the short hallway. The flat appeared comfortable and neat.

Tara had the coffee percolating and was delighted at the cookies. She greeted Rob with a kiss on the cheek. They sat down at the small table and Tara poured coffee into two mugs.

"Rob, first of all, I want to tell you that Debby doesn't know we are meeting. I know you like her and want to get to know her better but she has a history you should know. I don't want to intrude but she likes you and I wanted to share somethings with you that may help you understand."

Rob took a sip of his coffee. "Tara, I barely know Debby. As you know, she doesn't say much. I thought we had something in common in this big city and was interested to know her better but there is nothing more." Rob paused, "There is some mystery and I think she is troubled by something. I have no idea what."

Tara took a sip of her coffee and looked at Rob directly. "What I tell you is between us. I just want to help you guys come together, OK?

Rob nodded

"It was the first week at Blum and Debby and I were in orientation together. There were about fifteen of us. For some of the group stuff, we were paired together. She was new in town. We met for coffee and then for a drink. We got to talking and became friends. Neither of us knew anybody here. One Saturday night I was to meet her in her apartment. She opened the door with tears in her eyes. She had a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I never knew she smoked. Her voice was slurred. Of course, I was worried and could see she was upset. She had finished a bad conversation with someone at home. As you know, Debby lived in Texas and went to college there for the first two years." Rob's face was passive.

"Anyway, she forced me to take some shots with her and told me that she felt terrible. That call was with her ex-boyfriend in Texas. Apparently, Debby had wanted to celebrate her birthday with this guy. She had bought a new dress, had her hair done and went to a beauty salon. She looked great and was looking forward to a great night out. Her parents were away that weekend and Debby expected that her date would spend the night. He had arranged dinner at a restaurant and they planned on going dancing and then later... well, you know, they would go back to the house. Debby was ready and waiting for her date to pick her up. Well, it seemed that when she opened the door to her date, he was shocked by her appearance. He thought she looked like a slut and called her all kinds of names. Then he forced her to her knees and made her do things with her mouth and swallow. She said she hated sucking - sorry! When he was done, it wasn't over and he forced himself into her... in both openings. Debby was left in pain, torn dress and bad memories." Tara paused and was almost in tears as she recounted the story.

"Debby was devastated of course. She moved to another college out of state. She said she spent a year in therapy trying to forget. Since that time, she hasn't been near a boy on a date. So, I hope this brief disclosure explains why she is reluctant to be alone with men and always drags me along when she meets you." Tara paused. "You need to be patient with her."

Rob stared at Tara for some time. It made some sense now. That's why Debby had only spent a few minutes alone with him in the car and not wanted to even kiss Rob.

"I'm really sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do? Has she become a les...?" Rob asked quietly

"No, I don't think she's a lesbian and I am not either but..." Tara's response was interrupted by the ring of her cellphone. She looked at it and showed Rob the image. It was Debby.

"Hi Debby," Tara answered motioning Rob to be silent. "What's up?"

"No, my neighbor has come around for a cup of tea."

Tara listened. "No, can we discuss tomorrow?"

Another pause for listening.

"OK, I can give you a call later when I am done." Tara hung up.

"That was Debby wanting to meet. I'll have to call her later," Tara explained.

"Well, Tara, I do appreciate the insight. Do you think I should ask her out again? She doesn't say much but I understand why now." Rob got up to leave.

"Oh, Rob, please don't change your attitude to her. If she didn't like you she wouldn't have agreed to go out even if you had to put up with me," Tara replied. "Promise?"

"Of course. She is lucky to have a friend like you. I'll invite her out in a few days." Rob hugged Tara and kissed her on the cheek and left. "You are most welcome too. It seems now that you and I have a common goal to help Debby."

"If she says 'yes', she'll probably ask me too."

Rob picked up a burger on the way home and pondered on the information he had been given. It explained a lot about Debby's behavior. He didn't understand how somebody could violate a girl like that but he knew it happened. Whilst the relationship with Debby wasn't going anywhere fast, he found that he had more in common with Tara and he like her a lot for wanting to help both Debby and him. He watched TV that night but couldn't get the information about Debby out of his mind. He would like to help her but he didn't want to get into a complicated relationship. He didn't understand such issues well enough.

It was 9.00 pm when Rob received a call from Tara. "Rob, sorry to call you so late but do you have a minute?"

"I have as much time as you want, Tara. It's not late at all. Thanks for that information although I am not sure what to do about it."

"Well, I called Debby and we had a conversation about an hour long. I really didn't want to meet her tonight. I too was thinking how to help. Can you come over again if it is not too much trouble? I guess I can come to you too. I can take a cab."

"Is it serious? I am in my slops but can be there in 10."

"Yes, please. I think it is better to talk personally about this." Tara hung up.

Tara opened the door to Rob with a troubled look on her face. "Can I get you anything? Sorry, have no liquor except Tequila that Debby brought here."

"Tea?"

"Yes, have that. I'll put the kettle on.

They sat in the small kitchenette. "Rob, this has become more difficult and personal than I expected. I am sorry to call you over but I wanted to talk to you before you see Debby tomorrow." The kettle boiled and Tara poured the water into mugs with tea bags. She put milk and sugar on the table.

Tara took a sip of tea that she had sweetened with three spoons of sugar. She looked at Rob. "So Debby called me to talk about you! She likes you and wants to go out with you alone but can't overcome her history so easily. She asked me if I liked you and thought you were interested in her." There was a pause in the conversation.

"Of course, I replied. He has asked you out and you dragged me along. I told her that you would prefer to be alone with her. Was I right?" Tara asked.

"Well, I like her and you but it has been very difficult to talk to her. At lunch, it is simple sentences with others around. When we go out, you and I have talked more than she and I," Rob answered.

"Yes, well, it seems she has some interest in you but can't face being alone with you until she gets rid of these demons in her head."

"So what's the solution?" Rob asked. "I mean whether it would go far or not with her and me, I don't know. I can think of her as a friend but not much more than that. But if I can help in some way, then I would do that."

luk77
luk77
98 Followers
123456...9