The Perfect Team - Jess and Harri Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harri sits and glances at the menu. It feels awkward for a fraction of a second as we avoid eye contact. Then Harri says, 'I just don't understand vegans, how are they happy without steak and cheese?' I laugh, and just like that everything seems easy again.

Just like in the office Harri talks with passion and humour on any topic. Unlike the office, I am part of this conversation and don't have to pause my music to listen in. We talk about her netball team and she tells me how they are getting better but it's been a tricky year. I nod as if I haven't followed their progress this season game by game. We talk about music festivals, uni days and life in Bristol. Then we discuss in detail whether Harry and Meghan quitting the royal family was justified; Harri thinks Prince Harry should have thought about his Grandma the Queen a little more and been less ruthless, while I maintain that I would also do anything Meghan told me to. She frowns at me at this point but it's playful. We press on, the conversation flowing while Friday night goes unmentioned; Harri doesn't even hint at it and I follow her lead.

As dessert is brought out she laughs a little to herself.

'What's funny?' I ask, feeling slightly self-conscious, that is not like me.

'Nothing. I just, I've never seen you eat at work but you eat like a horse.'

I don't know what to say, and I laugh a little, then I clock what her comment means. 'You watch me at work?' I look into her deep brown eyes as I say it and I see her look away and blush.

'I guess, you are sort of... fascinating.' She blushes again and takes a sip of her red wine.

'I like that.' We just look at each other for a long moment as if we are the only ones in the restaurant. It feels like we are on the same page, like we both know what is about to happen next. My heart rate rises ever so slightly and I know just the thought of getting to have Harri again is turning me on beyond belief. 'Shall we get the bill?' I ask.

She bites her lower lip slightly and nods as she reaches for her purse.

'Don't be silly, I'll get this. I asked you out after all...' I let the sentence trail off and she smiles.

'Thanks,' she says timidly, it's so sexy.

Harri

Before I know it we are stood back outside the restaurant, the sun has gone now and only the street lamps glisten in the puddles.

I reach for Jess' hand, my fingers brush hers. She has a sort of smirk on her face as if she knows how badly I want to kiss her right now. It's both sexy and infuriating.

'Come here,' she whispers. She places her hand softly on my neck and leans in to kiss me, her soft lips on mine again. I put my hand on her hip as I pull myself closer to her. The kiss builds along with the feeling inside me and I want nothing more than for her to never stop what she is doing right now. When she pulls away I am a little breathless and can feel the heat in my cheeks. Her hand is still on my neck, her face close to mine. 'Want to come back to mine?' she asks and I nod. I take her hand and she leads the way through the sleepy city centre.

We walk down St Nicholas Street which, come the early hours, will be filled with people setting up the market stalls for the day. It is easily my favourite lunch spot. Usually, with Charlotte in tow, I wander over here and try to pick something healthy to eat. Before, inevitably undoing the hard work and visiting Miss Betty's Bakes. I wonder if Jess will go for lunch with me now, giving her a sideways glance. She stops and kisses me again. Away from the main street, her hand runs down my side and gently squeezes my bum. When she pulls away this time her eyes lock on to mine, the lust mirrored back at me.

We are definitely walking quicker now, Jess's stride longer than mine as we come out at the wider Bridge Street. We are in the little part of Bristol that I know, about five minutes from the office and ten from Jess's flat. This road will take us alongside the river, all the way there. I lean against Jess a little as we walk, trying not to overthink, just enjoy it.

Jess

I can't wait to get her back to my bed. To get her out of that dress and let my hands explore her body. I remember the way she moaned as I dipped my tongue between her thighs and fuck I want that again. I keep hold of her hand as we get nearer and nearer home, the excitement building.

Harri

As Jess's building becomes visible I get a little nervous, not having had enough wine to totally numb my insecurities. What if it's not as good as last time? What if Jess wants more? Wait, what is more? It just seems less simple than straight sex, do I suggest a toy, will that be strange, or is it strange not to suggest something? Is that the equivalent of being a teen that won't move past third base? Fuck. Lesbian sex is stressful.

Jess releases my hand and playfully squeezes my bum. 'I want you,' she says with a smirk on her face. My pussy tenses in anticipation, fuck me, it's intense. Jess is intense.

We round the corner and Jess punches in the code for the door. As we step into the entrance my heart is racing. Jess stops. I look at her, confused, but realise her eyes are on a woman sat on the sofa next to the lifts. The woman has her head bent over as she looks at her phone and Jess tries to pull on my hand as if we can walk past. We make one step further and the woman looks up.

'Jessica,' the woman says; she looks annoyed, her lips thin and the wrinkles at the edge drawing together as she pierces them closer together. I try to work out what is going on, the shift in the atmosphere is chilling, as if someone just threw a bucket of cold water over us both.

'Has something happened to Natalie?' Jess asks.

'No Jess, but we need to talk.' There is a pause as she looks me up and down with a sour look on her face. 'Although, I see you have moved on.'

I look up at Jess, 'I will go.' I let go of her hand and smile weakly. Jess looks back at me conflicted, but the mood of moments ago has evaporated. I just want to go home.

'You don't have to...' she starts, but I shake my head.

'It's late, work tomorrow... night Jess.' My heart sinks a little; I don't look at the woman. I head outside, back into the Bristol night. I feel so stupid, embarrassed, out of my depth, but most of all disappointed.

Jess

Fucking fantastic, what the flying fuck is Natalie's mum doing here? I don't want to deal with this. I shouldn't have to deal with this. I watch Jess walk away and I want to grab her arm and pull her back but I don't know what to say. I run my hand through my hair and turn back to Cynthia. 'I don't know what you want but you can't just show up here.'

'Jess, I just think we need to talk, I am worried about you.'

I jab at the button on the lift. 'Fine, come up.' I snap, although I can't imagine this going well, I am already mad at the night that just disappeared in front of me.

Monday

Harri

My alarm goes off at 5.30 and I hit snooze. Monday morning fitness sessions are the worst. It's not that I am tired, which is strange having spent ages trying to get to sleep last night, it's more that I don't want to adult today. I want to hit skip, opt-out, unsubscribe.

The alarm goes again and I sigh. I need to get up. I grab my phone and turn off the alarm and notice there is a text from Jess.

[Jess]: I am sorry, she has just gone. I wish you were here. X

I can feel the smile on my face. I check the time it was sent: 12.47. We had got back to Jess's apartment just before 10, what the hell did they talk about for 3 hours? Why do I get the feeling that Natalie is not out of the picture? I want to know what happened, I want to know more of Jess's past but I am scared to ask. I am scared this doesn't mean to her what it does to me. This is a rebound to her while it seems to be my awakening. I shake my head; don't be so dramatic, maybe you are just in a phase.

--

The coach has us running sprints, it is hard work and my legs feel like lead by the time the session is finished. I shower quickly and head to work. My hair is still slightly damp as I pull on some smart high-waisted navy trousers, tucking in a thin silk cream blouse. I add some light make-up, no time for anything more.

When I arrive at the office it's quieter than usual. I open my laptop and let it start to boot up as I go to the kitchen and make myself a strong coffee. As I watch the granules dissolve, I mentally count how many weeks I have left here. 14 weeks. I can't decide if that is a good or a bad number. Either way my stomach twists.

By the time I get back to my desk, Charlotte is setting up her own laptop on the desk next to mine. 'Hey!' she smiles, 'you know, I realised this weekend I don't have your number, I wanted to ask about London. Did you get to see your friends? Was Jess her usual delightful self?' She says the last part heavy with sarcasm. I know Charlotte is not Jess's biggest fan; she thinks she is cocky and closed off. She is not completely wrong.

I think back to Thursday and leaving the office for London. Fuck me, it seems a lifetime ago.

'London was good.' I reply taking a sip of my coffee.

'Good, is that it?' She laughs a little.

I look sideways. 'Well, the work was intense. Jess and I went for dinner together, then I met my friends for some drinks. It was good.'

'You went for dinner with Jess? Jesus, that must have been hard work.'

'No, it was good. She's not as bad as you make out. Dinner was really good. She's easy to talk to.'

She frowns at me, clearly not buying it. 'Not sure we are on about the same Jess.' She opens up an email and I wonder if I have annoyed her.

'Maybe it was the wine that made it fun.' I glance sideways. 'All on the company card too.' I try to backtrack a little.

'Yeah, must have been that.' She smiles at me, back on side.

I wonder what Charlotte would say if she knew the truth. Forget Charlotte, what would Jack think, or the girls, or my family? I open an email to distract myself. It's fine... no one needs to know.

Jess

I check my phone when I wake up. No reply. I let out an audible groan.

Last night went from great to awful in six short steps across the building entrance. Cynthia had insisted on knowing why I had ended things and no answer I offered seemed to satisfy her. I felt guilty, I still do. I took years of Natalie's time and I was never really able to give her everything she wanted. I used to think I just didn't have it in me, it wasn't in my DNA. Now, I am not so sure.

I need to get to work and talk to Harri. I dress quickly, a navy fitted suit with a white long sleeve t-shirt. I fold the sleeves back so you can see the edge of my tattoo. I stand looking in the mirror and try to style my hair in its usual slightly ruffled look. I play through what I might say to Harri in my head but nothing seems right, I am not usually one to struggle for words.

When I arrive at work my hair is messed up from the cycle and I make a note to get my car parking space back. I dump my bike and head up to the office. I can see her sitting at her desk and I feel a slight relief. Had I been worried she wouldn't show up today?

I walk past her desk and see she has ASOS on her screen. I smirk a tad, 'Working hard?' I tease. She looks up and blushes but doesn't say anything, exiting the window and going back to an email.

I sit at my own desk; the second my laptop springs to life I pull up the instant messenger and find Harri's name, I have never messaged her on this. I think for a moment and type out, 'I am sorry, did you get my text?' I hit send.

It's a couple of moments till "Harri is typing..." appears on the window.

'Yeah, I got it. 1 am... must have been a good night?'

'I am not sure your ex's mum appearing on the doorstep will ever make for a good night...'

'What did she say?'

'She just thought I was being an idiot....'

'Are you?'

'I don't think so...' I wait, but she doesn't reply. So I add, 'I am sorry it ended our evening.'

I look over but she is focussed on her screen. It's a long couple of minutes till the little orange light is flashing on the window to let me know I have a new message. 'Me too.' My heart lifts, and I am smiling slightly stupidly now. This is fixable.

'Can we do dinner again soon?'

Harri

I read her message and sit back. I want to make her sweat a little like I did last night waiting for a text that didn't arrive till 1 am.

I wait a couple more minutes before I reply. 'I think we could, I am free Thursday.'

She comes straight back with, 'I am in Leeds with work on Wednesday and Thursday, how about Friday night?'

Damn, I had forgotten she was going to Leeds; it's my only free night this week. I am meant to be going to Jack's on Monday for Pizza and I feel bad cancelling now -- anyway, wouldn't suggesting tonight be too eager? I have netball training on Tuesday and a game on Wednesday, before a weekend visiting the family. 'I have that weekend away. Remember I asked for an early finish on Friday to go home? Next Monday?'

'Monday it is! I can cook for us?'

'Sounds good! I better do some work; my boss can be a demanding bitch.' I send it before I can take it back. I smile when I hear her laugh at the other end of the bank of desks.

'You will pay for that...' I can't control my smile as I close the chat window. I hope so.

--

Later that evening I am at Jack's house, the smell of melting cheese is starting to infuse the air as I sip on my beer. My phone vibrates in my back pocket.

[Jess]: This time next week, I can't wait. x

I can't fight the smile as my stomach flips, I am already excited.

--

On Wednesday, Jess is in the office with her suitcase ready to catch the train to Leeds. She messages me, 'Are you sure you can't fit in my suitcase?' I roll my eyes a little at this one as I look across the office to where she is sat. I reply, 'I am not sure you and Kate would appreciate the third wheel...' Without missing a beat she replies, 'So threesomes are a no?'

When I look up she is smiling at me and I shake my head at her, but I am laughing.

As she leaves the office later that afternoon she looks back at me and winks. I blush, I had been watching her and she knew it. She is enjoying this a little too much.

Kate

Jess and I catch the train north; we have a table seat so we should be able to get some work done on the journey. Which will mean we can have food and maybe a glass of wine tonight before a full day of meetings tomorrow.

I finish reading an email from George on economic risks and look up to ask Jess a question, only to see her smiling down at her phone again. It's like hanging out with a teenager.

'Waiting on an important phone call?' I ask.

'Ahh, no. Sorry.' She puts her phone away reluctantly.

I pause but I don't want to pry. I have been fighting the urge to ask about what is happening with Harri since she left my house on Saturday lunchtime. I tried to talk to Steve about it but he wasn't interested. I had voiced my thoughts to Leo while bathing him but he didn't offer much back apart from screeching Jess's name in delight and looking around as if he was expecting her to turn up.

It had been too hard to confirm or deny anything based on their office behaviour either. They still didn't talk much. On Monday, I had thought they seemed a little frosty with each other but by the time we left the office today they had seemed like they had the previous week. They only had eyes for each other, both so acutely aware of what the other was up to.

I look across at Jess who is staring out the window. She just seems different, but then maybe I am overthinking it. Or else, seeing what I hope to see. 'Drink later? Just one glass?' I ask.

She turns and her usual self-assured smile is back. 'Why only one? Can't keep up the pace in your old age?'

I roll my eyes ever so slightly, 'I am only 6 years older than you.'

Jess laughs, having achieved the bite she was looking for, 'Yes but once the wrong side of 35, it is basically all over. Old-timer.' She winks with the last comment.

Jess

I pull my suitcase into my room as my phone goes.

[Harri]: Get there safe? x

I lie back on the bed and text her back.

[Jess]: Just arrived in my room, the hotel is fancy! How was your afternoon? x

[Harri]: Ok, Charlotte had one of her rants and I wasn't feeling it so I left a little early, don't tell my boss, please. X

I laugh a little, but I don't want to talk about Charlotte.

[Jess]: Your secret is safe with me. You have a game tonight, right? Is it a tough one? x

She is typing for a moment or two and the message that comes back is a long one.

[Harri]: Yep, at 8. I am a little nervous, their goal defence is a real beast and last time we played it got heated! Just hope my shooting is on, it's been suspect in training and I want to win big. What are your evening plans? X

[Jess]: I can just imagine you getting heated, good luck and let me know how you get on! I'm just going for a drink with Kate. x

There is a little wait this time before she replies.

[Harri]: Have fun. I am game-ready. Text me later? X

She has attached a picture of herself. It's a selfie of her in her netball dress. She is holding the camera high so that the photo has everything from her high ponytail to her bright white trainers. The tight-fitting, vest-like dress clings to every curve. It's black with five white strips which run from her left shoulder down over her breasts and across her toned stomach, finishing on the outline of her right hip. The effect looks as if some giant animal has clawed at the dress. The dress finishes high on her legs, just over her hips. I think I can just about see the edge of her lycra shorts poking out underneath. Then there is nothing but legs, which just like her arms are well toned. She really is perfection. No wonder the goal defence is all over her if she looks like that.

[Jess]: You look great! Go win big! Score updates please! x

I lie for a minute waiting to see if she replies but she doesn't. I change for drinks, leaving on my suit trousers but putting on a crisp white shirt. The fabric is thick and I can get away without wearing a bra, my chest bone and the slight outline of my breasts visible as I leave the top three buttons undone. I put on a little eye make-up and add a little texturizing mousse to my hair so it holds in a ruffled look, falling slightly over my forehead.

I feel a little bit of a dope but I take a quick picture and send it to Harri.

[Jess]: Drinks ready. Hope you are winning. X

I don't expect to hear from Harri till after the game so I put my phone in my pocket and head down to the bar. I order a bottle of wine; I don't know who Kate thinks she is kidding with the one glass suggestion.

When Kate arrives she is in a long smart green dress that complements her figure well. She has gone to the effort of curling her short blonde hair and has added a little lipstick to her day make-up. I have to hand it to her, she is a hot mum.

I pour her a glass of wine and the conversation flows just as easy, starting with our usual office gripes, circling through Netflix shows and Leo's latest phase, before arriving back to work chat. Our glasses are dry.

'Another glass?' I say, already half on my feet to head to the bar.

She pretends to think about it before conceding, 'Get some snacks too!' She hands me her card and I go to the bar.

Harri

I bend over my kit bag and check my phone. There are strictly no phones allowed during a game but I can't help it. I open Jess' message. God, she looks gorgeous. She has put a lot of effort in for drinks. I wonder for a second if anything has ever happened with her and Kate. God am I that foolish, does she try to bed any girl she goes on a business trip with? I type out a quick reply.