The Perfect Team - Jess and Harri Pt. 02

Story Info
The attraction is undeniable.
12.2k words
4.86
11.3k
40

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors note:

It probably goes without saying that, if you haven't, I recommend reading part one first.

I struggle to believe it has been over a year since I posted part one of this story and I apologise for the delay! A new house and job hijacked the last 12 months. However, Jess and Harri have never been far from my mind and this part has been in a draft form for far too long. I have even started part 3 and have plans for many more parts beyond that which I hope to develop.

A special thanks to all the amazing authors who have helped with feedback and edits, I wouldn't have got there without you.

I hope you all enjoy Part 2 and, as always, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

I promise the wait for part three won't be as long - it's not far off finished! Xx

********************************

Harri

I wake feeling delightfully exhausted as the sun streams through the gaps in the shutters. My muscles feel heavy like they normally do following pre-season training. I stretch out till my hands touch the headboard. The sheets are so soft. The sheets are not mine. Holy fuck, I am in Jess's bed.

The memory of last night hit me hard; a series of neck-kissing, sheet-gripping, orgasm-shattering images. My heart is races with anticipation and my face goes flush as I remember the way she touched me.

I look over at Jess as she sleeps. She is laying on her front, her muscular shoulders rising and falling ever so slightly as she breathes. She is facing away from me and the sun is casting little lines of light across her cheek. I want to wrap my arms around her. No, scratch that, I want her to wrap her arms around me.

I have never felt this unbelievably invested in anyone, let alone a girl. Did all that really happen? I am out of my depth, I don't sleep with women. I am not gay. What the fuck came over me, I literally threw myself at her. I feel myself getting hot and start to feel physically sick. I need to get out of this bed. I move carefully from under the sheets, spot my dress on the floor, and swipe it up along with my underwear as I tip-toe to the bathroom.

I push the door to a close behind me and turn to look at my reflection in the mirror. My face is flushed and my hair is a ruffled mess. My lower lip looks a little puffy and I remember Jess pulling on it with her teeth. The more I look at myself the more I blush; I have little red marks where she kissed my neck and the inside of my thigh. I get dressed quickly, feeling slightly more in control. I run some cold water and splash my face; the make-up from yesterday has faded but I take comfort in the fact that I have managed to avoid panda eyes from my mascara.

I sit on the edge of the bath and for a moment I calm down. I am distracted by how gorgeous the bathroom is. Every wall is covered with these beautiful marble-effect tiles, the stainless steel of the walk-in rain shower and the feet of the roll-top bath sparkle under the bathroom spotlights. I run my hand along the edge of the tub and imagine how great a bubble bath would be. I know, that while the bathroom is beautiful, it's the fact that it's Jess's bathroom that is creating the biggest pull.

I shake my head and close my eyes, pulling myself back to reality. The reality that is me sat in my sort-of-boss's bathroom the morning after the night before.

I need to leave. That is what you should do after hooking up with a work colleague; it wasn't a date, it wasn't even a work night out, it was a bloody business trip. I feel nauseous again, I need to get out of here.

Don't put Jess in an awkward position. Just because it was your first time with a girl doesn't make it special to her. Don't embarrass yourself any more, Harri.

With my mental pep talk complete I take a deep breath and slip back out of the bathroom. The white sheets are an inviting mess on the bed, loosely covering a half-naked Jess. It would be so easy to slip back between the sheets and, for a little while longer, pretend this wasn't a mistake. Would she wake with the same look in her eyes that made me weak at the knees? Your delusional Harri, she probably looks at any girl who is so willing to sleep with her like that.

Swallowing hard and feeling almost tearful, I go back to Jess's living room. I spot my bag near the door, of course, because you basically jumped on her straight away, and I cringe as I remember uttering 'will you touch me already.'

I stuff my feet into my shoes, grab my bag and undo the latch on the front door. The door shuts with a clink and I let out a relieved sigh as I make my way down the hallway to the lift. The more distance I put between myself and the flat the more I am able to think straight. Yet somehow, the sadder I feel.

As I step outside, the cool Bristol air hits me and I shiver a little in my dress. I pull out my phone thinking I will get an Uber to the office where I can pick up my car, but it's 5 am. Good-one Harri, at least you will make netball training... in 3 hours' time.

Jess

I hear the latch go on the front door and it wakes me, realising what it means. I roll over and sure enough, Harri is not there. The little pang of sadness that hits me surprises me. I get up quickly, looking out of the window waiting to see her. She steps out and she shivers, I can't help but think how cute she is. The next moment she is gone, walking quickly around the corner and away from me. I watch the spot where she disappeared for a moment trying to work out what is bothering me. She is so hard to read. I go back to bed. I check the time; 5.12. She really didn't want to hang about. I want to text her, check she gets home safe, but I realise I don't even have her number. I did almost ask once but worried it looked like I was hitting on her and had decided I didn't need it, that it would bring with it too much temptation.

--

I wake again a few hours later, but I don't feel rested. I feel tormented. I am not sure why I am so annoyed at missing the awkward morning after; she has done you a massive favour by avoiding it. Why then, do I keep thinking about what might have happened if I had woken to her rather than to an empty bed? As I shower, I picture waking to her lying in my bed. I plant little kisses down her neck and over her breasts. Her skin is so soft in the morning light as I work my way further down her perfect figure, till I dip my tongue between her thighs and taste her again. My hand is between my own thighs now, feeling my pussy react to the thought of devouring Harri. It doesn't take long till my body tenses and an orgasm engulfs me. This distracts me for as long as it takes for my breathing to slow.

I get out of the shower and roughly dry my hair. I put on sweats and a faded t-shirt and I go to make myself a coffee. My mind drifts again to what it would be like to have her sat here, at my kitchen table. I know she is not a morning person, and I am definitely not, but something about the thought of breakfast with Harri was undeniably appealing. I would make us breakfast, stealing kisses regularly as the morning passed by. It's only when I open my fridge and see the almost empty shelves, except for a little milk and some chocolate, that I remember the arguments Natalie and I used to have.

She would complain about the lack of food and how thoughtless I was. She would ask why I would never make her breakfast and I would protest that it was my weekend too and we should just go out for breakfast, before wondering out loud why she had to make a drama out of every little thing. Harri did the right thing in leaving; it would have been awkward and she would have thought you're a loser when all you could offer is super noodles and dairy milk.

I sit and drink my coffee slowly, my mind working overtime as the rain starts to lash it down outside. I look out the floor-length window that looks over Bristol, the view of the old cathedral still impressive even when backed by grey clouds. I catch my reflection in the tear strewn glass and don't recognise the confusion that stares back. Had I been stupid enough to think that after sleeping with her the fascination would fade?

I pour the dregs of my coffee down the sink and text Kate, 'Lunch?'

[Kate]: Sure, can you come here? I have the kids, Dave is playing golf.

[Jess]: No problem. What time?

[Kate]: 1?

[Jess]: See you then!

[Kate]: You are ok though, right?

[Jess]: Of course, I will explain at 1.

I type back quick, not wanting to go into any more detail by text.

Harri

I am slow moving my feet at netball practice. I am usually pretty good at focussing in on the session but today it's a real struggle. The coach has the attack working on a fatigue drill; the task is to take five shots and then complete a suicide for each shot you miss.

I put up the first five shots and miss three, the ball barely hitting the rim as they fall short. I move to the baseline and start to run. My legs are heavy and the gym feels longer than it ever has before.

I reach the far end of the court where I reach down and put my hand on the baseline before turning on my outside foot to make my way back down the court. I try to open up my stride and pick up some speed but it feels like I am running on sand.

I pick up a ball and take my second set of shots, missing only one. That's more like it. I glance up to look at the clock as I run my single suicide. Jess will probably be awake now, she will be happy I didn't hang around to make things awkward. Or will she think it's rude that you didn't even say goodbye?

The next shot I take I miss, it falls short. God sakes, bend your knees. I overcorrect it and the next shot sails past the post by a good foot. Stop overthinking it, just shoot, you are good at this. I miss the next three, all skirting the rim but never falling right.

I avoid looking at my coach as I start the next set of suicides. I head up the court, thinking about her sexy smirk beneath the sheets and my stomach tenses with uncontrollable lust. You are going to see her smirk at work and you will only be able to think about her in bed. Suddenly, I feel a little nauseous.

The drill continues in the same exhausting fashion. Terrible shooting, lots of running and an increasing dread of what Monday might bring. Maybe I should call in sick. Eventually, we stop for a water break and Lisa, my teammate asks, 'Were you drinking last night?'

'No, do I look hungover?' I laugh a little, thinking a Jess hangover is another level.

'Just not your normal self, you are normally half-decent at netball,' she says harmlessly enough.

'I didn't think I was that bad,' I roll my eyes.

'You have been, but it's ok, it's making me look good,' she laughs as she puts on her bib and takes the court again for some gameplay.

I shake my head and try to put it to the back of my mind. The rest of training is slightly more successful, before the end I even make a nice turnover, earning a 'Look who finally showed up' call from my coach. When we finish I have a thin layer of sweat covering me and I feel a little more like my normal self.

Kate

Leo, my darling 3-year-old son, pushes over his orange juice spilling it all over the new white rug. I close my eyes for a second to stop myself from yelling before leaning on the table and pushing myself to my feet. I grab a cloth and clean up the mess as Leo starts crying at his now empty cup. I sigh and resort back to putting it in a non-spill cup; I do not have the patience to deal with any more spills.

The doorbell rings and I smile as I go to get it. I open it, taking in Jess's weekend attire: a baseball cap over her messy hair, a faded t-shirt and ripped jeans that ride low on her hips. Her converse is a little scuffed.

'You look homeless,' I joke.

'You look like a housewife,' Jess replies without missing a beat. I shake my head, not giving her the satisfaction of a bite. She knows how irritated I become playing housewife all weekend while my husband plays golf.

I hold the door open and she winks as she walks past me, making her way to the kitchen. She sits with the kids and they laugh as Jess ruffles Leo's hair. Jess is good with the kids, which surprised me the first time I saw it, but no longer does. She pretends to try to steal their food, encouraging them to eat while I sit back and watch a little, appreciating the break.

When lunch is done I put a film on for the kids in the living room and return to the kitchen. After topping up our cups of tea, I sit down. 'So to what do I owe the pleasure, Jessica?' I raise an eyebrow.

She fills me in on everything that happened since they left the office on Thursday morning. I am shocked by her honesty. I usually get the feeling Jess tailors her stories but not this time. The way she talks about Harri and not knowing how she feels, her investment appears genuine at least.

'And that's that,' she puts her empty mug down on the table.

'Wow,' is all I manage.

'Say something!'

'So, she just left?' I try and understand it all, despite my suspicions of the vibe between them, these revelations have honestly taken me off guard.

'Yes! I mean, I know she has netball practice early but it's not that early...'

I raise an eyebrow, 'And how do you know this little piece of information, did she tell you?' Jess flusters a little looking embarrassed in a way I've never seen before. I chuckle a little, 'You're blushing, Jessica dear.'

Jess sighs, 'Her netball team have an Instagram account, I look at it occasionally and I just know they have a long session on Saturday's.'

'Jessica James, when did you become so uncool.' I can't help but tease her.

She sighs dramatically, 'Stop making fun of me and just tell me I am an idiot, tell me I messed up, tell me I acted unprofessionally and you are putting me on review.'

'You want me to put you on review?'

She shakes her head. 'No, scratch that last part. Just tell me what to do now?'

'Well, what do you want to do? What do you want to happen?'

She pauses, thinking about her answer, then smiles, 'I would really like to have her in my bed again.'

I raise an eyebrow and give my best 'really?' look, which has Jess backtracking fast.

'Well, I mean I do want that, but I also just want to see her I guess, spend some time with her, get to know her better, work out why she has this effect on me.'

'Better,' I laugh, 'have you spoken to her since, texted her?'

'I don't have her number...' she sighs.

I reach over to my bag and fish out my work phone, 'I do, I think...' I flick through my emails till I find the recruitment email with Harri's personal details attached, 'but you can't say you got it from me or we'll both be on review for breaching Data Protection laws.' I joke, sliding my phone across to Jess with Harri's phone number on display.

She copies the contact and looks up almost worried. 'But, what do I say?'

'You'll have to do some of the work yourself, Romeo.' I laugh and she gives me an exaggerated eye roll in response.

Jess doesn't stay much longer, I can tell she is eager to get a text sent; it is nice to see her like this. I hug her and tell her I want updates. I make it back into the living room just in time to catch the end of the Lego movie for what must be the hundredth time.

Harri

Determined to keep busy, I phone Jack on my way back from training, persuading him to lunch and the cinema. I shower and head over to pick him up. I take us to a cafe where we argue over what film to watch.

Jack and I have some sort of unvoiced agreement to never discuss our love lives which I couldn't be more grateful of right now. I give in and let him pick some action film I know I won't enjoy.

As we buy tickets my phone vibrates in my pocket. It's a text message from an unknown number. I hit the notification to see the message and I feel my stomach drop.

[***** ******]: Hey Harri, hope you are ok. You should have woken me this morning. Would you like to get a drink or something, tonight if you are free? J x.

Jess

I put my phone down; my hands are a little sweaty. I bet she doesn't reply. I am wrong, my phone buzzes quickly.

[Harri Fitzpatrick]: Hey. I am just about to go to the cinema, sorry.

My heart sinks a little; I guess I should have expected that. Then my phone buzzes again.

[Harri Fitzpatrick]: I could do tomorrow? X

I feel as if I have just mainlined 10 espresso shots. I literally punch the air in excitement. I take a deep breath and reply.

[Jessica James]: That could work, I will text you a plan. It will be good to spend more time with you x

Harri

I check the reply as the trailers play and push my phone back into my pocket. I feel my stomach twist in anticipation. I can't wait.

'You ok?' Jack whispers looking confused.

I feel myself flush, 'Yeah, I'm just excited to see the film.'

He narrows his eyes a little, 'If you say so.' He takes a handful of his popcorn and looks back towards the screen.

The film is good but I can't focus on it. I spend the entire two hours thinking about tomorrow. Where will we go? What should I wear? Will I stay over? I start to worry that she is just meeting me so it's not awkward at work; she's going to explain how it was just casual. I push the negativity away defiantly, well mainly. I just think that Jess isn't the type to call out of politeness, she doesn't seem to do things she doesn't want to. If I had Jess right, she isn't the kind to care about calling after, unless she wants to.

Halfway through the film, I glance at my phone again, just to make sure I didn't dream up the text. Nope. It is definitely what she said.

Sunday

Jess

I walk into the town centre; the weather is a little drizzly but that's ok, it's not far from my flat; one of the reasons I bought the flat was its central location after all. I check my phone, nothing new, so I end up rereading our text exchange from last night.

[Jess]: If you are still keen, we could do food? There is a nice Italian in the harbour, say 7 pm? I will book a table x

[Harri]: That sounds great! Love Italian food! x

[Jess]: Perfect, San Carlo. It's on Corn Street, looking forward to it. X

[Harri]: Me too! See you there! X

I had read this a few times, trying to work out how she felt about it. Overthinking the exclamation marks, knowing she overuses them in work emails too.

I am a few minutes early so I wait outside, the drizzle coming to a feeble end. The place looks quiet. I guess that's to be expected on a Sunday. I check my watch; it's a few minutes past 7 now. I bounce up and down on my toes as I wait in the mild evening, lifting my collar around my face a little. The spring sun is setting slowly and sunlight bleeds into the puddles that line the edge of the pavement.

'Jess?'

I turn and I see her, she looks cute. Her long hair is wavy over her shoulders. She is wearing a casual dark blue dress with little flecks of white and yellow; it hugs her breasts and her waist perfectly before loosely flowing from her hips down to her calves. Paired with a black denim jacket and white converse the look is effortlessly sexy. As usual, her make-up is light but effective. Her eyes sparkle and her cheeks flush ever so slightly as she nears.

'Harri.' I smile, I give her a gentle hug and feel her arms wrap around me briefly. I can smell her apple-scented shampoo. 'Ready for food?'

Harri nods and I open the door to the restaurant, holding it open for her as she slides past me. The waiter shows us to our table next to the big glass windows looking out on to the street.