All Comments on 'The Phoenix and the Ice Queen Pt. 02'

by PaulStevens

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
des911des91111 months ago

Very good work - a slow, gentle love story with plenty of speed bumps and thorns to keep it interesting. Good characters, great drama - overall both interesting and enjoyable.

Well done and thank you. Looking forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story so far, can't wait for the next chapter/s.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

First installment was better, this one seemed to hit every cliche on the way down. Hoping next installment is better but it seems obvious that somehow every professional wedding planner in the area has been warned off them (in Chicago? Really?) and now they just have to hire an amateur who happens to be Kathy Yost.

A bit far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

looking forward to the next part

olddave51olddave5111 months ago

It took you 3 days from Pt 1 to Pt 2

So I figure the 17th is when Pt 3 should be out

I am checking for the stories 4 time a day

5 stars

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Better than the first installment. 5*

MetadiMetadi11 months ago

I’m enjoying the stories. The characters have depth and deal with real world issues. I especially like that there isn’t a huge time pressure in the story.

I’ll preface my next comment that I do not work in this field nor have I had to deal with this directly in my life.

You have Mel trying to go from a rape to missionary position sex.

1) The story framework implies she could afford a therapist so why isn’t she in counseling?

2) There are a lot of sexy fun possibilities you are skipping over before missionary position sex. They watch a movie and he simply rests his hand over her v. She performs the lap dance and it ends with his fingers inside her but her on top and in control. Next time around she sits in his lap and they just press every thing together.

It maybe that they have sex. But not missionary position sex for a long time because she finds it upsetting. Any long term couple has things they like and things they don’t like. This would be a little more so.

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Who is Katherine Yost? I even went back and re-read chapter 1 and found no mention. I really hate a tease and I really hate a cliffhanger, especially after already reading 11 pages.

Also, Mel wouldn't even give Brandon a blow job until they declared their love for each other but then she says "you don't think I didn't do anything with those guys I fooled around on the road with, did you? I kept quite a few around with just this, well that and this." Mel was already borderline unlikeable but this put her over the edge IMO.

How many chapters will there be in this story and how many are already written and/or ready to be submitted?

PaulStevensPaulStevens11 months agoAuthor

Since I have been watching these comments, yes I do read them and I appreciate the feed back and thoughts. I feel I need to clarify a few things. On the issue of Katy as the planner, that will be addressed in the next part, for those who haven't read the other stories in this universe for lack of a better term, Katyis a major character in the 'CR/CF' and 'What If' series, I recommend you read those if you have enjoyed this story. Bottom line I saw a chance to bring in a favorite character of mine, and I took it.

On the subject of Mel and her sexual habits, yes I realize for all the slowness the few sex scenes that are here will seem to rush to process. I will simply say that I am not an expert on trauma recovery, and I did my best to make what I felt was a natural progression without rushing her character too much. Given number of threads being woven and my inexpertise on the subject, I chose to highlight a few moments at key points to what would certainly be a long and careful process between Brandon and Mel toward intimacy, likely involving some kind of therapist.

As for the idea of oral sex being 'not a big deal to Mel' on the contrary, Mel's other relationships with men were all centered on her not being free to be herself and doing what she had to to 'keep' some of these men. Mel performed hand jobs and oral sex on other men out of a fear of losing them, unlike with Brandon where she willing serviced the man she loved, not because she had to, but out of her affection for him.

As for those asking how much more, there is one final part.

I hope this clears things up, and thank you all for reading and your interest in my characters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPaulStevens@PaulStevens
I am working on a few stories, including a draft of a seemingly long-awaited sequel to my summer camp story. Stay tuned, and as always, feedback is appreciated.

SIMILAR Stories