The Phoenix and the Ice Queen Pt. 03

Story Info
The wedding and happily ever after?
16k words
4.82
7k
14

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/19/2023
Created 06/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: For those of you who never read the CR/CF series or 'What If?' I encourage you to give them a look, especially with Katy, who is a central character in both making her appearance in this final part of Mel and Brandon's story. Just did not seem right to tell the story of these two without Katy somehow involved. Anyways, hope you enjoy this last part, apologies for the time jumps in the final chapter, but it was necessary to wrap up the various loose ends. PS

Chapter 1

After a quick round of introductions Katy got things underway, and her first order of business was to deal with the elephant in the room that was Andi.

"Well, its nice to meet all of you, I'm sure over the next few weeks we'll get better acquainted as I try to make sure our happy couple gets their perfect wedding. Which brings me to the first order of business, before we go any further, let me assure all of you that Miss Grace and I have reached an arrangement, namely she will be honoring her original role as the checkbook. Since my father already got his payment, for lack of a better term, up front, I told her she backs off or I walk. After all, while I'm not really her last resort, this is Chicago after all, someone here would be bound to take this job on for the right price, I am probably the best she'll do without this costing a fortune in planning fees. Besides, from what she said it sounds like our bride and I have similar tastes, which makes me a great fit for the job. I digress however, point is, she has wisely agreed to go back to simply paying, so we will be doing this my way which is, as I said, to ensure the bride and groom get what they want out of their wedding. If anyone here is not on board with that plan they are free to leave, because we won't be needing your help with this process."

No one rose and Brandon could not help but be impressed with the small blonde, not just with how she had taken command of the room, but her shrewd assessment of Andi's position. Andi was definitely correct, underestimating this woman would be a huge mistake. Then again, since meeting Mel, he made a point not to underestimate anyone regardless of their looks, since you never knew what they were capable of. His fiancée did not play to be underestimated in the least, and yet she still managed to surprise unwary individuals.

"Good," Katy said seeing everyone still sitting, "That's what I expected, but its always a good idea to get rid of the naysayers. Now first order of real business, I'm afraid I have to kind of be a downer."

"Unfortunately, thanks to all the delays incurred in trying to find a planner, a February wedding date is no longer possible. So we will have to push it back. Now we can either push it into the summer, and fight all the established weddings, or do what I feel is a much better option anyway, and aim for the spring. I like early April because I just love spring weddings, spring is far and away my second favorite season for weddings, especially in a place like Chicago."

"Which is your favorite?" Gina asked.

"Good question! Fall actually, if I got married in Chicago, I'd want a fall wedding, definitely." She then smiled, and added, "but our love birds, understandably, don't want to wait that long, so spring it is!" They heard Gina clear her throat, and Katy smiled, before sheepishly looking over at Brandon and Mel, "that is, of course if the bride and groom are ok with that?"

Brandon exchanged a look with Mel, and nodded, she then smiled, and looking back at Katy replied, "That sounds great Katy, we'll trust in your expert judgement."

"Thanks," Katy said, "But remember this is your day, don't spend all the time deferring to me or your friends." She then aimed a pointed look at Brandon, "Or your fiancée Mr. Groom, I expect you to help in this process too." Brandon nodded and the rest of the meeting settled in, a quick check of calendars for potential dates that would work for the principles, being highest priority. Once a few potential dates were figured out, and a few basic other things sorted out to allow Katy to get started, the quick meeting broke up.

As promised though, they saw a lot of Katy over the next few weeks and things quickly began to take shape. Despite his early promise, Brandon's input quickly got lost in the shuffle, mostly because he was busy on a project, and was logging long hours to try and meet a release deadline.

As the project wrapped, he had a feeling Katy would try to reconnect with him, and sure enough the first weekend after the deadline, which also happened to be a weekend Mel was out of town on business, she seized her opportunity. Brandon was readying himself for a relaxing night in when he heard a knock on his door.

He opened the door to find Katy standing there with a bottle of wine in hand. Something that had become surprisingly common ever since she had been put in charge of their wedding. "Hi Katy, if you're looking for Mel, she's out of town this weekend, she'll be back Sunday."

"I know, you're the person I need to see actually. Mel said your project just wrapped up, so I figured this would be a good time to have a chat about what you're looking for out of your wedding, before we get too far along in the process. I did warn you I would not let you just let Mel run the show here. Nothing serious, I figure we'll drink some of this wine a restaurant sent me as a sample, it really is amazing the free stuff you get planning a wedding by the way, and discuss what you want out of your wedding. Sound fair?"

Brandon smiled, and invited her in, taking her jacket and the wine as he did. He opened the bottle, poured two glasses, and handing her one as he sat on the couch in the living room said, "Ok, shoot."

Katy smiled, "Oh no mister, that's not how this works. If you're like most men, finding out what you really want out of your wedding by asking you questions, is going to be like pulling teeth, and take a LOT more wine than I brought. Instead, I'm just going to sit here sipping my wine, while you tell me about how you picture your wedding day going, and don't tell me you haven't pictured it. If you've bought your fiancée a ring and planned a proposal, you've pictured her in that white dress walking down that aisle to marry you. Am I right?" An image of Mel smiling in a white dress walking toward him flashed into his head and Brandon smiled and nodded. Katy smiled back, "I knew it, especially a big softy like you, ok so I want you to close your eyes and recall that moment in your mind of Mel in her dress, got it?"

As she asked the image was back and he nodded, "Great! Now, as much as I'm sure you'd love to daydream about Mel for a while Brandon, what I need you to do is zoom out on that image, and tell me what else is in the picture. Where are you? Who is there besides you and Mel? What are you wearing? If you look down what kind of ring is on the ring bearers pillow for you to put on when you exchange vows?

Brandon did as she asked and noted that it was clearly a church, his family and friends around him, he wore a basic tux, and his ring was simple.

"So to recap you want a church wedding, so good thing for you Mel's mom already insisted on that. You want your family and friends there, so not a small wedding. You want a simple tux, no crazy colors, or styles. Finally, your ring should be a simple band. All very helpful information, see how much we can get from a small mental image. You have more opinions on this than you think. So, anything else about the wedding you want to note, maybe something about the reception?"

Brandon shook his head, "no, not really, as long as the food is decent, and my family is there, I'm good. I don't really dance that much so I don't really care about the music even." Katy made notes of all of this and as she finished he looked at her and added, "mostly though I just want to make sure Mel gets what she actually wants, not what people like Andi think she wants, of all the things you asked me about of the scene I imagined, the most important thing was her smile. If I get that and nothing else, I'd be happy."

Katy smiled, "Awww aren't you sweet. You are a good man, I will be sure to work on getting Mel what she wants. I understand your worries, Miss Grace can be tough for sure, but I think we have an understanding. Just so you know as for that smile you want, just remember one thing, the only thing you and I need to do to get that smile is to get you dressed, and in the front of that church. Her love for you will do the rest."

Since they were done, and still had barely drunk any of the wine, Katy began asking questions about his childhood and how he and Mel had met. When Brandon had told his story, he turned the questions on her, wanting to know how exactly she ended up rented out to them as a wedding planner, when she lived with her husband out east.

She explained about her father, whose life was his business, and how he had been very controlling of her life, especially her love life. Thankfully, she had met her husband Alex around the time Brandon had been sued by Genotech and MCL and her father had approved. She loved Alex, and Brandon could tell he doted on her. They did not have any kids yet, but she definitely wanted several, she always dreamed of being a mom and having a big family, they just had not had any luck yet. In part this was due to Alex being so busy, and therefore away a lot. Brandon could tell there was a certain sadness associated to that, though he could not figure out if she just missed her husband, or there was something wrong with their trying. After all, they would not be the first couple to have trouble, or have a different opinion on kids. Brandon thought about asking about this, but didn't want to pry.

Alex's schedule was one of the reason Katy took the job since it kept her mind off his frequent absences. She said she was having a blast working with them and that she loved Chicago, she was considering trying to get Alex to move here, but knew she'd never get him to leave the New York area. Still, she admitted she could totally see herself living in Chicago someday, if the circumstances were ever right.

It surprised him a bit to learn that she, like Mel had gone to Harvard, in fact the two had actually shared classes. Something neither had realized until a meeting a few weeks before showing that it really was a small world.

Brandon asked why if she had such a good education she had basically been married off like some medieval princess or something. It again came down to her father, he had a very limited view on women and, since he had two sons to mentor in the family business, he basically viewed his only daughter as more a bargaining chip, than a potential protégé. Obviously, that extended even after her marriage given her current situation. Which again she did not mind because it gave her something to do to take her mind off Alex's absences and the issue they were having getting pregnant.

There was such sadness when she brought the topic up the second-time, Brandon was sure there was something more going on she was not saying. Since it was clear she would not share Brandon pulled her into a hug without really thinking about it. She did not seem alarmed by it, quite the contrary she welcomed it.

However, when the hug broke they realized the wine had gotten to them a bit too much and maybe it was time for her to go.

"Thanks, for the information, it's most helpful." Katy said then added, "and thanks for listening, Mel is a lucky woman."

"Thank you, and I'm a pretty lucky guy to have her. Good night Katy." Brandon said closing the door, but before he did she turned.

"By the way, make sure you've shared what you shared with me tonight with Mel, about your wedding I mean, she should know. Its never good to leave your future wife in the dark Brandon, take it from someone who knows, its not a good feeling. Just think about it."

Taken aback Brandon realized she was right and smiled and thanked her for the advice. Katy nodded in reply, and left, they exchanged one more good night as he shut the door behind her.

Chapter 2

Despite assurances by Andi, and Katy's best effort, Andi did manage to make things difficult for Mel as the process wore on. While she did not directly ban anything from being bought or selected, as that would violate Katy's terms, she continued to voice her disapproval. She took to sniping at Mel on practically every decision she made that was not what she, Andi, had expected. If the flowers were too showy she made a comment. If the bridesmaids chose too girly a color for their dresses, she made a comment. The invitations, the strings instruments at the ceremony, even the type of chicken Mel picked for the reception all of it got a comment.

The biggest by far though, was Mel's dress. As Brandon was not allowed to know what had been chosen he knew very little about it, but what he did know was that Andi had tried to at first flat out refuse to pay for the dress Mel picked. However, this was met with a threat from Katy, and Mel's insistence she would wear the dress if she had to pay for it herself, so Andi stormed off after agreeing to pay after all.

"Without prying too much darling, what exactly is the issue with the dress?"

Mel glared at him suspiciously, "You would not happen to be trying to get inside information would you honey? I'd hate to think you were dishonest and sneaky like that."

"Nope, just trying to figure out what the issue is."

"Well not that it matters, but she showed up late to the fitting with a basic white dress she found somewhere and we, that is myself, Katy, my mom, and the committee of Four, had been there for hours, and had settled on one we loved. when Andi came in trying to pick a fight."

"Wait, what do you mean 'pick a fight' you mean this had nothing to do with the dress at all?"

"Nope, none of the sniping does, all of it comes down to one issue. She thinks if she nags me enough she can sway me."

"Sway you to do what exactly?"

"Keep my name. I'm on the fence, I haven't decided yet, and it bugs her."

"Ah," Brandon said, "well you know I of course would love to have the same last name as my wife, but I certainly understand if you want to keep yours. After all since I'm not really willing to change mine I cannot really expect you to change yours just because its what people do. My only thing on the name is I'd like any kids we have to have my name. That is if you're ok with that."

Mel smiled, "I can live with that, I definitely do not want my kids to have my current last name. As for mine like I said, I'm still deciding."

"Just do me one favor, make sure whatever you decide is..."

"What I want." She finished for him before kissing him. "I will, thanks for being so understanding honey, most guys wouldn't be so reasonable about this. The fact that you are means the world to me."

"You do seem to come with a lot of complications, but I would not have it any other way darling. I love you just the way you are."

She smiled and wrapped him up in an intense kiss, the feel of her lips and her body pressed against his lit his nerves on fire. She broke the kiss and pulled him into the bedroom, where they began making out on the bed. Before he knew it, they were naked, and as he looked down at her, she smiled a lustful smile at him, which gave him an idea.

He leaned down, and whispered in her ear to just lay back and relax, no matter what. He then began kissing and caressing her, he started at her neck and lips, working his way down to her firm tits. After giving her tits and nipples ample attention, he could tell he had her charged up, but he kept working slowly down her body. Next, he kissed her toned stomach before moving down to her knees and working his way up her thighs. She moaned in delight as he teased her, and eagerly opened her legs to allow him better access as he licked and kissed closer and closer to her molten hot pussy.

When he parted her nether lips with his tongue, he heard her gasp in pleasure, soon after his tongue found her clit, and he went to work. He knew he was on the right track when her moans got louder, and her hands clamped down on his head, before she cried out and there was a flood of warm cum.

When she was finished, he rose up to her, pulled her to him, and asked, "How was that?"

"Oh my god Brandon. I can't believe you did that. No guy has ever done that."

"Really? Not even the yes men, I'd think it would be their MO."

Mel smiled, "Not the oral, the massive orgasm, wow. That has NEVER felt that good before, and boy did I need that. Especially with Andi being such a royal pain this past week."

Brandon felt her hand on his hard cock and he removed it, she looked at him confused. "No darling, I'm ok, I'm going to try something new, I'm going to make this about you for a while. Let you be a little selfish in bed with me, see where that leads."

"God I love you Brandon, I really don't deserve you." She smiled and without warning began stroking his cock, "But you're also full of it, if you think I believe you don't want to get off tonight. Now hang on, this will just take a second."

She began pumping her hand faster and faster, even using both hands at one point, until not too long after waves of pleasure washed over Brandon as cum erupted from him.

"There, better?" She asked licking her hands clean as he nodded. "Good. I may not be one of those future housewives who is ready to fuck anytime you want, but I still have skills."

"For the last time Mel," Brandon said catching his breath, "As I keep saying I don't want them, I want you, I love you, and I'm marrying you."

Mel smiled, "Good, just don't ever forget that because I love you too mister. Even if marrying you causes issues for me I don't care, its worth it."

Brandon was a bit concerned by that, but did not really want to pry. He figured he'd done enough prying for one night, if he needed to know, he would, he trusted his fiancée enough to know that. Though, he had a sneaky feeling the problem centered around Andi.

Chapter 3

Over the next few months the wedding plans progressed nicely under Katy's watchful eye, even Andi was making less of a nuisance of herself, especially when the name issue was laid to rest once and for all around Mel's birthday. Things had been going fine until Mel's phone rang with an unknown number which, because of work, she answered.

"Hello? Yes, this is she. Well thank you very much I appreciate that. Yes, in the spring, we're very excited. I'm so sorry though I can't recall your name, but your voice is familiar somehow, and the phone doesn't..." Mel's previously wide smile disappeared, and her face went white, then she stuttered out, "How did you get this number? You know the rules, YOU are not allowed to see me or any member of my family, ever. That includes letters, email, and phone calls, and you know it. Pull something like this again, and you'll be hearing from the police, or my lawyer, probably both." She paused before shouting, "You are NOT my family!" before hanging up.

The room was silent as Brandon got up and pulled Mel into his arms. When he did he felt the anger leave her and she began sobbing. He did not have to ask who had called, it was clear it had been her father, no one else could have had such an effect on Mel.

He released her and looking into her still teary eyes asked, "Are you ok darling?"

Mel smiled, "I am now, thanks honey. I don't know why he rattles me so, its not right."

"I thought you handled it rather well myself," Andi said. Mel's mom and Brandon nodded in agreement.

"Yes, well speaking of my father, you want to know why I've been pondering not keeping my name? Its because its his name. I want nothing to do with him and that includes his stupid last name. No amount of good work on my part can erase the filth he put on it. In the past five minutes I've had direct contact with the two men whose names I'm deciding between. One almost wrecked my birthday, which is not surprising, he wrecks everything in my life he touches. The other? Well the other's first instinct was to comfort me and make sure I was ok.