The Phoenix and the Ice Queen Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That includes sex by the way, I told you what I can't do for a reason, I trust you and I need your help, because I want to be your complete partner like you said. I want all that stuff we discussed tonight and a lot of that requires us to be able to have sex. So, I need you to help me grow and heal."

He took in what she was saying and nodded. Then he looked down at the couch he was struggling with, then looked over at his sexy new girlfriend sitting on the bed staring at him and smiled, realizing what she actually meant. With one shove, he pushed the bed back into the couch and quickly tossed the cushions loosely back on before walking around to the other side of the bed, pulled back the covers and kneeling on the bed leaned in and kissed her deeply.

When the kiss broke, she smiled up at him and said, "Good choice, good night honey." Before she switched off the bedside lamp and crawled under the covers.

He joined her under the covers and making another decision inched next to her and gently rolled her onto her side so he was spooning her sexy body, she didn't fight him at all. In fact, to his surprise she snuggled in closer and sighed contently. He felt himself go hard holding her and he moved his crotch away to not poke her, but to his further surprise, she only moved her ass back to meet his erection. Smiling at this he decided to try one last thing he moved his hand up to cup her breasts, which were good sized and firm, he found out as his hands made contact. She gasped then gently shifted so his hand was back on her stomach. Brandon took the hint and moved his hand back down and Mel resumed her previous position.

He smiled, that was good enough for him last night he had been single on vacation with his best friend sleeping on the pullout couch, while admiring her body and wondering how to bring up being together. Now they were a new couple and he was cuddled up with her sharing her bed his hands caressing her stomach and his hardness nestled against her amazing, firm ass. Life was pretty good, and he knew he would sleep easy that night, with a lot off his mind.

Chapter 4

It turned out to be some of the best sleep Mel had ever had as well. The remainder of the trip passed quickly as they enjoyed their new relationship together, and with all the kissing and closeness they really did seem to be newlyweds the remainder of the week. Though Brandon held to his promise to not push the sex issue. He did however make a comment on it the next day when they were sober.

"You know, you're asking a lot asking that I be assertive and push you, and yet be patient with you at the same time."

Mel smiled, "I did say this was not going to be easy on you, didn't I? But I think I'm worth it, don't you?" Then not waiting for an answer she added, "Besides, if there's any man that can thread that needle Brandon it's you. If I didn't think you could, I wouldn't have agreed to try being together, and so far, I've been right, you know how to push just enough. Keep at it honey, I promise it'll be worth it in the long run."

"Well thanks for the vote of confidence, its good to know you believe in me, and to answer your question of course I think you're worth it, or I wouldn't have asked to date you."

He took her advice to heart and kept doing small things to push her, his hands roamed a little more on kisses and bedtime cuddles, finding her breasts, ass and even her inner thighs a little at a time until she flinched less and even seemed to enjoy his caresses. He knew that these things were a long way from sex, but there was definite progress made in those few days together.

They also made progress in planning out their future and getting a better tentative idea on how they'd like to see the next year of their life go, but not wanting to rigidly plan things too much. The biggest decision centered around what to do about how to respond to Fred's questions. They decided, given recent developments, that a discussion with Clay and Amber was certainly in order. Given they had experience running a business as a couple they would make good advisors, plus Phoenix was part theirs so they should have some input in what the plan for the coming years was.

When they got back they immediately scheduled a dinner to discuss those things, as well as share their new relationship with their close friends, something they wasted no time in doing by walking in holding hands. Amber noticed this immediately and lit up with joy.

"Oh my god, about damn time, you two! I see that Caribbean weather helped speed things along. How did it happen? You must tell me everything."

When they finished discussing the trip, and the dinner that led to their becoming a couple, things turned to the real purpose of the meeting. They explained what Fred had offered them, and what they wanted. Clay and Amber agreed and offered some sound advice about how to be successful in their careers, while giving their budding relationship a fighting chance. Their biggest advice was to wherever possible keep their professional interaction to a minimum, meaning if Mel could avoid positions where she had a ton of dealings with Brandon it would be for the best, at least at first.

"After all, you two can clearly work well together, so at least for a while keep your distance at work, let a personal dynamic develop more. Then when things are more stable, try adding the work component back in. Amber and I were a couple long before we opened Resin," Clay said.

"Obviously, you guys clearly don't have that luxury, but I think Fred can find Mel something with enough distance from Brandon that should give you guys a couple of months at least to figure out where things stand." Amber said adding to Clay's statement then after a pause said, "regardless though of what happens, we are your friends and we want to see you happy. If this ends in disaster then so be it, but I honestly don't think it will. In my opinion you two are meant for each other and you have what it takes to make it both as a couple and as business partners."

The new couple thanked both for their advice and kind words and by the time the dinner was finished they had a sound idea of what to tell Fred when they next met.

They decided that for the time being they would continue on the path they were already on, Mel would accept Fred and Michael's offer to get more experience seeing various positions within Alliance to build her knowledge base. Her only condition was that for the coming year she not have a lot of involvement in Brandon's team, which was easy as he currently worked with Proud Stone IT division and would just continue to do so while Mel worked within Alliances structure.

When they met with Fred and surprisingly, Michael, they agreed readily to the terms.

"That works perfectly for us Mel, obviously, we still need Brandon where he is, and keeping him on Proud Stone projects through next year is very helpful. I know our head of IT was really hoping to keep him for a while. As for you Mel, I think we have the perfect assignment that will help your needs, while doing both of us a huge favor. Given your work with quality control, I think it'll be right up your alley." Michael said, he then went on to explain her new role, they were still in the process of converting over a lot of the departments at Alliance and cleaning house. Mel would be given the job of going department by department and meeting with staff and making recommendations, based on needs and competency. In this capacity over the next year she would get to see virtually all elements of the software company, as well as get sound experience interacting with the management team at both Alliance and Proud Stone, and the HR department at Proud Stone, since new hires would certainly be needed.

"Long term we either have two options with Alliance, sell it when the software patents on some of their more lucrative programs run out in a few years, or keep it long term. Your role will be vital in the decision Mel, and as I said, after your success with Quality Control, arguably Alliance's worst division, gives myself and the board the utmost confidence that you are the right person for the job."

Mel and Brandon thanked them both and left smiling, they both got what they wanted. Brandon got to keep programming with his team, and Mel got the assignment of a lifetime, but one that didn't mean her whole life would be her job.

While they tried to keep their budding relationship quiet, at least for a while, it was apparent that some people had figured it out. Stephanie, for instance, one day handed Mel a booklet from the HR head that had a note of congratulations, and curiously, had the maternity and paternity leave policies highlighted with a note that said, 'just in case.'

If they were trying to hide it from people at work though they were almost going out of their way to tell friends and family, though with the holidays coming up, it would have truly been hard to hide had they wanted to. Mel attended both Thanksgiving and Christmas with Brandon's family and everyone liked her, especially his sister-in-law Gina. While at Christmas she cornered him for a brief chat about his newest lady.

"Mel is nice, it's a bit surprising to me you guys went this direction after being friends all this time, but a pleasant one. I think she could end up being just the thing for you. You are a great fit for her too, I think I could get used to her as a sister-in-law, but no pressure Brandon."

"Thanks Gina, I'm glad you like her, and you guys get along. She can be a tough person to get close to, but worth it."

"Yeah, and the kids love her, I think she's got deceptive warmness she reserves for special people. I can see that about her when she looks at you."

As New Year's loomed a few days later Mel's mom and Andi were back to take the birthday girl out. They of course had learned of the new relationship weeks before, so they would not have dreamed of not including Brandon in that year's celebration. Brandon was pleased to see that this time Mel did not shrink from them, having taken command of her personal and professional life on her own terms she was more herself in their presence, and he was sure she enjoyed her celebration much more than the previous one he had tagged along on.

Mel's mom was ecstatic, of course, and wasted no time hugging the new couple and saying to Brandon, "I had a feeling about you."

Andi on the other hand was definitely silent about the whole thing and when she did talk she seemed to be irritated about something. It didn't help that Mel's mom was pushing for details, and given he was now her daughter's boyfriend, probing deeper into Brandon's background and past then she had before.

Brandon was sure Andi's silence was because she disapproved of him and thus avoided engaging her directly. Mel on the other hand, emboldened as she was by her new relationship and new title, asked directly, "Andi you seem quiet about all this."

Andi was silent for a minute then said, "I was just waiting to hear more about what you guys decided to do about your little company, and its development. Whatever came of that?"

"Oh right, well that's the other good news, in two days, I will be starting a new assignment." Mel then went into the details of the assignment for both ladies and both were really happy for her.

Andi still looked skeptical though so Brandon jumped in adding, "Of course it was the exemplary work in Quality Control the convinced Michael she was the right fit for the job. He seemed really impressed with her ability to turn one of Alliances biggest weak points into a strength so quickly."

Andi seemed quite impressed with that and smiled at Mel, "Now that's my protégé."

Mel on the other hand stared at him confused, she opened her mouth to say something, but could not get a word in edgewise, once Andi got rolling. So, she instead basked in Andi's praises and they spent the rest of the meal discussing the future of Phoenix, while Mel's mom continued to pepper Brandon with questions about his family and hint that it would be nice to meet them sometime.

Dinner ended and their guests headed back to their hotel and Brandon and Mel went to Mel's apartment. No sooner had they parted company than Mel glared at him and said, "Why did you give me all the credit honey? You and I both know I would have failed that assignment horribly without you there to advise me. I thought for sure you'd have taken the credit to impress her."

"Oh, come on now I pointed you in the right direction of the trouble spots, but it was you that developed and executed the plan on how to fix them. I just gave you a little background, using my knowledge was just a smart strategic move. Besides, we both know toward the end those last few consults had less to do with work and more to do with you missing me. I just figured her approval clearly means so much to you, so why not? I can find other ways to impress her without stealing from you."

"That was sweet of you, thank you. Besides you impressed me and I hope that matters more."

"It definitely does." Brandon said with a smile.

"Well thank you for making today memorable, it's definitely been one of my better birthdays and I have no doubt my new loving boyfriend has had a ton to do with that," she paused to kiss him deeply then finished with "so thank you."

"You are most welcome, but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't give the woman I love a special day."

Mel stopped at that last one and looked at him, "Love?"

Brandon smiled and looked at her, "Yes my darling, I told you back when we first decided to get together I was half sure I was in love with you already, Now, I'm fully sure of it. I love you Melissa Murphy." Mel was clearly speechless and stared back mystified at him, she opened her mouth to respond but no words came out. He smiled and lifted her chin both closing her gaping mouth and making it easier for him to kiss her. When the brief kiss ended, he said, "I know you're probably in shock, it is a lot to take in. Don't worry though I don't expect you to have return my feelings just yet, I know it is super early, but I'm sure now, more than ever, that you're the woman I've been looking for, and that I love you. I just wanted you to know that."

Mel was silent the rest of the way home and didn't speak until they were cuddled up in bed later.

"Well thank you again, it truly was a memorable day, especially for what you said earlier. That is the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. I don't even mind you using my full name when you did it, somehow it seemed right, just don't make a habit of it. I must say I do like being called darling though, it sounds old fashioned and classy."

Brandon smiled, "Darling it is then, good night darling." He said pulling her closer before leaning in and whispering in her ear, "I love you." He could not help notice the wiggle of joy this brought from her as she snuggled against him and wished him goodnight.

Chapter 5

As nice as Mel's birthday was for her, Brandon's was shaping up to kind of be the opposite. The day started out fine enough, he woke up to find Mel had made him breakfast and, as he thanked her for it as he left, she hinted better surprises were in store that night and he was left wondering what she had planned for that evening. At work things went well his team surprised him with cake and things just seemed to be moving along, until he got a visitor toward the end of the day.

"Metcalf, I heard you were working here, been a long time." Brandon heard and turned to find Jeff Yates, one of his least favorite people from his previous job.

"Not long enough Jeff," he thought to himself before saying, "Yates, what brings you here to our doors?"

"Oh, you know me, I like to hang around, see what's going on. Especially when I hear rumors old coworkers making impressive mergers, shall we say."

Brandon smiled as he thought, "I bet you have you conniving little weasel." Knowing full well he somehow knew about he and Mel's relationship. It was not a surprise, a lot of people did, despite efforts to keep it quiet.

Brandon hated Jeff and anyone like him, he was exactly the blueprint of the kind of people that made him distrust executives. Jeff was super connected everywhere, ambitious, backstabbing, and power hungry. Brandon was also certain his only real skill was manipulation, because otherwise the guy was an idiot. Jeff Yates was one of the rubber stamping, paper pushing morons that allowed the situation with MCL to get as bad as it did. He then led the charge to crucify Brandon for trying to protect people from the negligence of people like Jeff and the MCL leadership.

Brandon was almost positive it was Jeff that had gotten him fired from Genotech, and it would not surprise him to learn he had something to do with the ban Brandon had been slapped with.

"I see," Brandon said, "and how did you hear about that? Keeping your ear to the ground about your old employer?"

"Yes and no, I work for Proud Stone. So, who the CEO decides to assign to improve one of our assets is very much my concern as a concerned employee, and I'm not the only one."

Now Brandon understood, he must have somehow weaseled his way into staying long enough at Genotech until the acquisition, then found himself high allies in Proud Stone and transferred, which is how he survived the house cleaning thus far. Brandon realized who had been hampering efforts on some of his projects lately, and smiled realizing what he was up to. He could not get to Brandon, he was worth too much to Proud Stone, having just deployed the new network security system to much applause a month earlier. He could however threaten Mel, which as Brandon now knew, Jeff knew Brandon was dating. The plan seemed feeble for someone like Jeff, but maybe the guy was desperate.

In many ways Jeff was not trouble on his own, but he always had big friends behind him, and if he was immerging from his burrow to gloat he had some muscle behind his veiled threats.

"Well Jeff, glad to hear you have such corporate pride, I'd say it was good to see you, but you know how much I hate deceit. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do."

Jeff looked surprised, but nodded and left a smug grin on his face. Unfortunately, Brandon really was not able to focus the remainder of the day, trying to figure out what Jeff was after. Though he was sure he would try to use Brandon's infamously bad reputation with people at Alliance as some kind of smear campaign against Mel. He had no idea what that would achieve, but he figured he should warn Mel nonetheless.

Brandon mentioned the events to Mel as they headed to dinner that evening for his birthday. Mel listened to him but only said in reaction," Well there's nothing you can do tonight, I'm sorry that that should happen today, but so try to relax and enjoy the rest of your day honey. We can deal with work problems tomorrow." She then kissed him deeply until he felt the tension leave him as he lost himself in the nerve tingling feeling of her kiss. He put his arms around her and further lost himself in exploring her curves, until finally the kiss ended and he emerged feeling much more relaxed than before. "Better?"

"Much," he said and he gave her a quick kiss, "thanks darling, I needed that."

They had a quiet very enjoyable meal together and afterwards returned to Mel's place where Mel gave him his gift. She had bought him a new laptop he had been researching, but as nice as the laptop was it was the words in the card that meant more.

"Darling, you mean it? Do you love me?"

She smiled abashed and looked at the floor, as she did his heart sank with her gaze, expecting her to say it was just an appropriate choice of words. However, she looked up at him teary eyed and smiled, "Yes, Brandon I mean it. Sorry it's taken so long for me to come around, but I love you, I just could not bring myself to say it before now. I was unable to get the words out before now, but I love you, so much. Thank you for being so patient with me, you'll never know what it means."