The Phoenix and the Ice Queen Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine," Mel said, "I will say one thing though." Brandon braced for more Kara is your kid nonsense, but Mel completely surprise him with the rest of the sentence. "Seeing Claire, and what she's made of her life has convinced me that its time. Brandon, I think our business venture has waited long enough."

Chapter 10

True to her word, Mel began making preparations for their new company the next day. They both agreed to finish out the year at their current employers, and start fresh with the new year. Brandon could tell Mel was nervous as the end of the year approached, but excited. When it came time to leave, Mel got a better send off than she expected. Brandon was not really leaving his current job, as his division of Resin had always been designed to join the new company whenever he and Mel were ready to get started. Clay and Amber had not ruled out merging Resin with this new venture eventually, if it proved successful.

They decided to call the new venture Elemental Software, and good thing they did, as at the launch party, Claire presented them with a painted stone sculpture version of the ice statue from their wedding, the phoenix and the ice queen. Telling them, "I'll store it for now, but it's for whenever you have an office. I also have this," she said. She then showed them a logo that featured the statue, as well as a letter from the artist that contained a signed release to use her artwork, and best wishes for their success. Claire also volunteered to design their office whenever they were ready, which was quite the offer, as she had become quite the in-demand interior designer since coming to Chicago. Mel and Brandon gladly accepted.

The launch party was a small gathering of friends and family. It was not as big as Mel had figured their grand launch would have been years ago, but it did have two surprise guests in Fred and Michael. When asked, Stephanie, who had remained Mel's assistant, but would now be Mel's VP, after hand picking her replacement, admitted to inviting them.

Michael gave a nice toast, saying that Mel and Brandon were 'two of the most talented people he had ever had the pleasure to work with' and that in his opinion 'the sky was truly the limit for them and Elemental'. Fred followed with a toast with similar sentiment telling tales of Mel's time shadowing him, and how he had always been convinced she was destined for greatness, but only realized how great during those two years. It turned out it had been his idea to try to get Mel as his successor, but knew it was a long shot.

Mel ended the evening by thanking everyone for their support past, present, and future. They were truly blessed to have these people in their lives. People filed out wishing them luck and in a few cases saying 'see you on Monday'.

That night, after they got home and put the kids to bed, Brandon found Mel sitting in the bay window in their room with a distant look in her eye. He joined her and pulled her to him. She snuggled into him and he asked, "So, are you nervous?"

Mel smiled and kissed him, "Absolutely not, I'm excited. Besides, what is there to be nervous about? No matter what I have you and the kids, that's what really matters. Elemental is just a challenge, one I intend to meet with everything I have in me, but you. You have given me a life outside that challenge, and that means more to me than I could have ever imagined. I once thought if I got married my husband would cost me my career dreams, now I see that you and the kids make it easier, you guys are what matters. Elemental is just a bit of fun now, and I intend to enjoy myself thoroughly." Mel said with a smile. "Most of all though I know that whatever comes, we'll take it on together, always."

"And forever," Brandon finished. "You bet we will darling. I love you so much."

"And I you." She kissed him before rising and pulling him to his feet, "Now come dear husband, it's time for bed. We promised the kids a day of fun tomorrow, and all this excitement has me wanting a little adult fun before we turn in." She said leading him to bed.

Brandon smiled and let himself be led, finding it hard to believe that this beautiful, amazing woman was his wife. She had come far from the cold woman he had met so many years ago, and now the sky truly was the limit for her and them. He was sure problems loomed in the near and distant future, business hurdles, parenting challenges, and very likely Kara's parentage. As they had said though, they would handle everything, together as always, whatever came next.