All Comments on 'The Photo Shop Ch. 52'

by candyman666

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The author is correct; this series should be read from the beginning in order to understand the plot and to appreciate the characters. This chapter is well-written, but disappointingly rather too short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think you mean "shotgun" houses in NOLA. There are such things as cannonball houses in the southern US, but a quick search suggests that term applies to historic houses that were struck by cannonballs. Shotgun houses are "a narrow rectangular domestic residence, usually no more than about 12 feet wide, with rooms arranged one behind the other and doors at each end of the house." The joke was that you could shoot a shotgun at the front door and have the bullets go out the back door. Cannonball would obviously do the same, but that isn't the common term for shotgun architecture in the southern US. Who drags around a cannon to take on the neighbors?

candyman666candyman666about 1 year agoAuthor

Hello anonymous, let me first say I don't understand why you reply anonymously as your remark is very good. I had a discussion about this subject with my editor but the cannonball is what I heard and remember from my visit to Bew Orleans many years ago and when we rented a historical building that was described as a cannonball house to us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercandyman666@candyman666
For the moment I'm experiencing some problems with my wife, she had a brain hemorrhage end of January and lost most of her memory, so I had to take over all of the tasks in our household and didn't have much time to write. I will try to begin again in the next few months. Than...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES