All Comments on 'The Photograph'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments (Page 2)
KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

Ken blundered - he should have had a frat buddy at the ceremony - at the point when the Padre asks "is there anyone here that can see a reason why these two should not be joined in Holy matrimony?" The frat-buddy stands in the pew and asks Ken over the congregation if Ken is willing to marry a potential adultress - while handing out many of last week's dated hotel room photo's of the two lovers?

No annulment, no marriage, and Ken is in the clear for the coming wrongful termination law suite. Now Ken can go on is one person honeymoon to recover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
$100 set up...

...for a $2 closing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Try this ending- think you'll like it better.

As the guest's opened their packages, some of them began to laugh. Some began to cry. Some were embarrassed far too much by the cheating couple. Charles Moore got up to slink out the back door- only to have his teeth knocked out with a single sucker punch by Ken's best friend, Bubba who was a former linebacker for the Cleveland Brown's. With blood over his face and tux, he slumped to the floor, unconscious. Meanwhile, Connie's parents just glared at her- of course, you can only imagine the discussion of what will happen later. Her father was furious for wasting $80,000 on the wedding. Her mother just sobbed in embarrassment at the loss of her Church's social standing. Her brother just snickered and shook his head and said soto voice- "Sis, you done gone an really fucked this up". Connie's sister, Rebecca just rolled her eyes so far back in her head she could see her brain stem. Halfway out the door, Ken turned,,,,,and gave his bride two middle fingers "One is for breaking my heart, the other is for embarrassing your entire family and myself" then he continued his stroll out the massive Church doors, wondering about his future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

good story bad ending by sudden end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

5* story with a minus 5 ending. Shame.

I've given you a 2 star rating because you have talent but the ending was short,abrupt and lazy.

Keep em coming but work a lot harder on your endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too Quick on the Trigger

The story was great and flowed smoothly as the scheming fiancé was revealed. The ending was too abrupt. It needed a forceful statement from Ken to Connie and her family. Two questions; if he got back early where his bags or his car if he went home first and who the hell is Carol at Keats Advertising? Did I miss something obvious?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Was she worth the trouble?

Sure, she was publicly humiliated. She wasn't worth the effort. Better just to go to dinner with the future in-laws and spread the photographs across the table before leaving. However, I did enjoy the story.

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
Nice Try But Dumb

So he marries her under false pretenses. That's fraud. Yes, the marriage could be annulled. But the ex-father in law could sue to cover the cost of the marriage and reception not to mention the intangible public humiliation.

Unrealistic but at least it was an attempt at a new twist in a LW story.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago

Sadly one star not an ending to what could of been a satisfying read.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good story

But it ended too guickly. It would have been fun to see the reaction of the bride, her family, and especially Rev Moore.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Definitely needed more of an ending

But still a 5* story frim one of the best

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Agree ending mortified "wife " parents etc should be details

Public humiliation good but let is glory in detail

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Big buildup - brief ending

And not a single bit satisfying. I really needed more of an ending to this little mess. He doesn't need an anullment. All he needs to do is NOT sign the marriage certificate. There's no marriage. But I have so many questions. Did he tell the few friends he had NOT to come to the wedding so as to not waste their time or money on a gift? Did he move? Did he line up another job out of state or out of the country? There are SO many things you could have added to this story to make the ending more satisfying that I just had to laugh. Nice try but this was a failure to finish.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good one.

Little surprised at ending. Understand the reason, all the blown money. But, I don't think it is so easy to annul a marriage; and, what about his job? He still has to face the old man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Terrible ridiculous ending

Going through with the ceremony was a ridiculous thing to do in the circumstances and while he'd probably still get the annulment it isn't hard to see a judge getting really annoyed with him knowingly going through with a ceremony when he had no intention other than to apply for an annulment, considering it a fraud on the court and refusing to grant it. I understand it was included to increase the embarrassment to the bride and her pastor boyfriend but it really doesn't make sense to do.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 4 years ago
Good story

Good story, but the end does not make much sense to me. Her family and in particular her brother are not responsible for her traitorous actions. He had been warned by her brother of her history with Chuck Moore, so once he has proof of her infidelity he should have broken the engagement and even publicly let others know of her duplicity. Connie was the one playing him, she deserves his revenge, but the marriage ceremony was unnecessary, and the fact he had sex with her and got married AFTER knowing about the affair, it could be seen as acquiescence on his part towards her infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Caught in the act...game over.......

This is a weak story...cheating comes with a price when caught...we know he's caught her in the act...you got to love how he got even...but what happened to her feeling when exposed to the truth...I hate guessing...the end of this story stinks........

mower9527mower9527over 3 years ago

So that’s it? Good story and bam!? 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Half a story

Good start for the story, but what happened next. What was her reaction? How about her parents and the BF? Half a story only gets half a score.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I would have just left her at the alter!!! Needs completion!!!

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

On what basis would the marriage be annulled? He was aware of her sexual activity yet he knowingly and voluntarily said "I do" at the ceremony. He's legally married. He will have to divorce her. And she may claim fraud in that he never really intended to marry her, just humiliate her. And her Dad may sue for reimbursement of all his costs since the groom maliciously used the ceremony to humiliate the bride AND her family.

Seemed dumb.

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

Lousy ending! Any addendum coming?

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredover 2 years ago

*On what basis would the marriage be annulled? He was aware of her sexual activity yet he knowingly and voluntarily said "I do" at the ceremony. He's legally married. He will have to divorce her. And she may claim fraud in that he never really intended to marry her, just humiliate her. And her Dad may sue for reimbursement of all his costs since the groom maliciously used the ceremony to humiliate the bride AND her family.*

Annulments are usually granted when the marriage has not been consummated and the time from marriage to seeking the annulment hasn't been overly long. Sex BEFORE the marriage does not count in the process. Annulments are based on medieval Christian law and vary from region to region. No one size fits all...again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice idea but story goes nowhere. The author is an excellent writer but this is a pointless, petty BTB tale that doesn't make any sense.

LA

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

After the money for the wedding and reception were paid for he should’ve left her at the altar. Could’ve done the same thing at the church, photos under the pews.

Embarrassed everyone. Same result.

This needed another chapter to explain the aftermath. That’s where the real story was.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was all a little bit silly and rather pointless. Pity because this author has far more ability than is demonstrated here.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Not Really Finished

A piss poor ending. He got married just to get an annulment?

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

I've read a few of blue88's stories and they all seem to end abruptly and unfinished. Not sure if I want to read anymore.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

The first half of the story was well written and had some good character development but the ending was poor and left such an empty feeling for the lack of knowledge or reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You wasted a lot of time rambling and the end was too abrupt and without In the following details to make an appropriate ending.

/ Please listen to the constructive criticism we're giving you because we think you're a good writer but you really really really has some major faults in your style and presentation.

SAV12SAV12over 2 years ago

That's it? Pictures and walk out? You to follow through on your stories!

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Reading again. I had forgotten that it was a good story without an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I could give this a much better eating with an ending as good as the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really shitty story, especially the ending.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Needed a bit more at the end. I do see how that felt good to write, but the reactions would’ve been fun to enjoy for this reader.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

A bid disappointm6 due to the abrupt ending. Could have been a really good story but no confrontation. He could have had his previous conquest and her child turn up to embarrass him and inform her of his past.

jonny956jonny956over 1 year ago

The ending fell off a cliff and was lost to mankind…..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Heh I liked this story. The ending while not complete is satisfactory. She has been burned. Technically they did not consummate after the ending ceremony so an annulment is trivial. It is a scandal for the Sterlings and I am sure he can leak the abortion story now as journalists get into the feeding frenzy. This also hits back at the in-laws who rigged this travesty. see things he does is resign from the bank. The ex brother-in-law will give him a reference.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 1 year ago

The ending fell into an abyss. Still 5 stars, but please do better the next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story ripe for a BTB ending. Disappointing I'm afraid.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

Why go through the hassle of an annulment? Since he knew about them before the ceremony, they could sue him for fraud to get some money back. The court may consider he condoned their behavior since he continued living with and having sex with her. They will crucify him financially. Rich folks don't like to be embarrassed or to waste money.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No clue why he got married. He gets no legal or financial benefit if he gest an annulment, which is he will get by failing to consummate. But still really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stupid ending…and especially a non ending! So just a 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why go through the ceremony at all?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Meh.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just to sum up, two stars for a wimpy story.

JPB

jonny956jonny956about 1 year ago

Not one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Again another Story missing the Ending!

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Well I had to smile reading this, good one.

ttt59ttt5911 months ago

Would like to have a little more on the wedding mob's reaction, Connie's lame excuses, comeuppance for Charles Moore, etc...

lc69hunterlc69hunter11 months ago

You disappointed the BTBers and made them lose their little hard-ons when you didn't have her burned at the stake or stoned to death in the public square

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yeah, not a lot of resolution here. They seem like puppets because nothing is understood of their inner thought life or motivations. It just didn't seem real, so I was unable to buy in to the story. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Whats up with all this "mic drop" shit? We get told how many ice cubes in the scotch but can't be bothered with an ending or aftermath? The movie Armageddon: asteroid explodes... then credits the end! Bull shit.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why the fuck get married.... Stupid

demanderdemander8 months ago

Too short and doesn't make sense. D

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why get married? To spend mommy and daddy's money.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox6 months ago

The characters have the emotional and intellectual dept of thimbles, and morals that would make an alley cat blush. Pointless, boring excuse for a story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A generous 3 stars because I was fine with the set up.

.

Continuing to have sex with her, marrying her, and done about 1,000 times wedding surprise was a weak way to proceed.

.

Dumping her when he saw her with the other guy would have been a more interesting path to take.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

That needed the fallout spelled out and a prenup reveal and/or annulment. the rest was good.

I don't like the style the story was written, where we are teased with the critical salacious recent event, then we get the backstory then jump to modern day. That's not just this author, many are trying this in books, short stories and movies.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Veeeeeeeery nice, & that includes the ending. 4/5

Leaves me to ponder over the embarrassment of parents, not to mention the wretched wife.

Annulment/divorce would not likely be his cost, & even more bads to the scheming family.

Only minus to me was the mention of them being so obvious without any explanation.

orion2bear2orion2bear23 months ago

Ended just when it gets interesting

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Needed more .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous