All Comments on 'The Pirate and the Runaway Bride'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

There are several areas, especially the battle scenes, where more detail would be good. The story line was great. A deviation from the standard pirate fare. Overall a nice story well told

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ronde, I hope this finds you well.

Though I know there will be more - this is only the 2nd time I've given critical feedback.

You made great use of the black nanny in showing the runnaway's emotion. Nicely done. Many try the 3rd party giving context. You nail it.

What I missed was more of the dialogue (you're good at it) between protagonists drawing me into the growing emotion (before their explicite confession).

There was not a dang thing wrong w/ the storyline, but I'guessing you're stretching into different storyline contexts - not unlike several authors exploring trucker & the divorcee, something w/ monarchy or high society. No one is going to bat 1000 while they stretch into some new area. I noticed another author that appears to be posting his work on a less travelled site under a diff. screen name. He seems to take feedback from that site, makes edits & then posts on Lit. (PastMaster on Lit).

I'm done w/ at least 7 of your entries, and the least satisfying work would not stop me from immediately reading anything w/ your name on it.

If I rated this, it would be about 4.6 at most. You'll do more & better, but your avg is high & when you really hit the ball - say syonara - its outta the park.

My best to you & yours, Ronde

-Dreaded Anonymous

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I didn’t take the time to read the whole story. The historical inaccuracies from the period were too annoying.

After the pirates captured the ship, they would not just take the cargo, they would take the whole ship. The ship could be sold, and its value could exceed the value of the cargo. And there would be no room to store the whole cargo in the brig, because the larger ship would hold far more than the smaller ship.

Please learn more about the era, before you try this genre again. You could go read Patrick O’Brian, s stickler for historical accuracy. And he’s fun to read too.

KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

A very well written story though the sex scenes seemed a little rushed.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Despite a few tiny misgivings I've given this 5⛤ as it's got a very workable plot line and is generally well written. I cannot comment upon the historical accuracy or not, it's just I thought a little more could be made of Captain Riggins and his plans for Felicia as well as more of the fight scenes. Thought the use of old English / Creole slave speak words and mannerisms in the sex scenes (Martine's and Thomas / Missus Palmer and Tomas / Felicia) was well done.

Only just realised you've been away for nearly 20 years. Pleased you're back and writing such excellent stories. Good luck and best when.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 1 year ago

Good story, well written.

Davester37Davester37about 1 year ago

I’m always a sucker for well-written historic fiction, and this one didn’t disappoint. The plot and characters are interesting and well developed. The language and dialogue are also done pretty well.

I think the historical details are a little rough, but they certainly frame the plot and kept me satisfied. As always, thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A quality read. I have to disagree with the comment about historical accuracy. In a sense the commentator was correct about the history. When I read a story like yours I accept the world you create with your words and don't feel a need to compare it to history. I liked the romance very much and gave it a 5. I did notice his comment 4.6 was close to the 4.67 the story carries.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS