The Power of Nylons

Story Info
The many benefits of wearing nylons every day.
8.3k words
4.73
19.3k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Power of Nylons

Summary: The many benefits of wearing nylons every day.

Note: Thanks to Tex Beethoven for editing.

The Power of Nylons

PROLOGUE:

I've been asked many times to say more about my fetish for nylons.

Whether it be pantyhose, stockings with garters, or my most frequent nylon choice, thigh highs (I also have a couple of pairs of knee highs, and even some pairs of sheer anklets I wear on the odd occasion), I wear nylons almost every day. Definitely every day at work (teaching high school), although obviously on a 30-plus day (Canadian weather... that's at least 86º F. for you Fahrenheit-philes), even I usually go without them.

Yet I wasn't always this way. (I'll tell you that story later... in section 9, to be exact.)

I know that in 2023, nylons of any kind aren't all that popular anymore in women's fashion... which I think is a shame, considering the way they can accentuate not only a pair of legs, but also an outfit... which is where I will start this HOW TO... or perhaps WHY YOU SHOULD wear nylons more often in 2023.

1. HOSIERY AS AN ACCESSORY

Women always want to accessorize their look. Sure, most women when they're thinking of accessorizing think of jewelry... which is indeed a great accessory. A gold or pearl necklace is every woman's upper body accessory (I often use either) and a ring and bracelet are also great arm pieces to make an outfit pop. Yet for reasons I don't understand, women don't pay as much attention to accessorizing their legs. And yes, I know a pair of heels or boots are must pieces that accentuate a pair of legs... but if you're willing to wear uncomfortable four-inch pumps to showcase your legs, then why not also spend ten or twenty bucks for a pair of quality silky-sheer hosiery?

A pair of mocha-coloured nylons will make a gold cocktail dress sparkle.

A pair of black pantyhose will really highlight a woman's legs, when she's wearing a red dress.

A pair of red stockings are sexy as fuck in the bedroom... especially with some matching red lingerie.

A pair of white nylons should be a legal requirement for a bride. I wore white stockings with a garter-belt on my special day. (I also consummated my marriage by riding my new husband's dick while I was still wearing my wedding dress in the back of a limo.)

I should note I'm Caucasian. And I don't tan well at all. So for women like me who don't get dark, not even in the summer, a pair of nylons can really help keep you looking sexy. In the summer, I often wear mocha, beige or tan nylons, to make it look like I have a tan.

Lastly, I know that almost all women, young and old, get pedicures. Almost every woman I know gets one every couple of months, and she makes sure to get her toenails painted a fun colour (sure, red is a go-to favourite, and what I've done when I'm going to a special event like a wedding, a gala or graduation (when I ALWAYS wear open-toed heels)... but purple and blue are other fun colours I experiment with... while other women I know who are braver, will go with yellow, pink, or green, for example.

My point (since I realize I haven't yet even attempted to make it), is that sheer sandal-foot nylons (never reinforced toe... yuck!) will showcase your pedicure and your toes. Again, I find that both mocha/beige/tan or black really highlight the beauty of a great pedicure.

2. MEN LOVE THEM

That isn't a blanket statement. I've had men email me saying they wish I'd write some stories that don't mention nylons, because they consider them to be a hindrance rather than a help (I admit that pantyhose can be), or perhaps they just prefer skin-on-skin.

But without a doubt, the typical man prefers nylons to bare skin. There are a plethora of websites dedicated to nylons of all kinds that demonstrate my point.

If two women are walking side by side where one is wearing nylons and one isn't, I think that more often than not, the woman wearing nylons will draw most of the attention.

Based on more than a decade as a writer, I've learned from the thousands of emails I've received, that many men have a nylon fetish. Further evidence is the many websites dedicated to nylon-clad legs, asses and feet.

For the record, having worn nylons in public for the past thirty-plus years, I know the power they have. I know I attract more looks when I'm wearing them. I know when I dangle my heel on my toes while sitting cross-legged atop my desk at school, or while I'm sitting down in a food court, they attract many, many looks.

Which brings us to section 3.

3. THEY ARE SEXY

They both are sexy, and they can make you feel sexy.

When a man or a woman checks me out, I always feel a rush. Whenever I get those second glances, head turns, or outright drools, I also feel a rush.

I'm an average-looking woman. I'm slightly overweight. And I have a big ass (which seems to be in these days). I have average tits. My best physical asset is undoubtedly my legs. So I tend to use any way I can think of to accentuate and to draw attention to them.

For the record, so you won't think I'm insecure (I'm not), I also have amazing blue eyes that draw people in, a great smile, and I'm told I have a cute laugh.

Add a pair of thigh high stockings to any sexy Halloween costume, and you'll receive even more attention. I'm told that fishnets also accomplish this (Thanks, Harley Quinn), but I don't like them for two reasons: they aren't silky, and they usually leave those imbedded lines on my legs, which I hate.

Add a garter-belt and stockings to any article of lingerie (or thigh high stockings or even crotchless pantyhose (I have a pair of those)), and it increases its sexiness.

Or how about nylons with a distinct shine to them... for example, Hooters pantyhose? Seriously, the restaurant is known for voluptuous bodies, yet they're also known for their pantyhose-clad employees.

Nylons with seams going down the back are just sexy on their own. I have a pair of Victoria's Secret blue nylons that get my husband hard in a heartbeat with its seam down the back. A pair of old-fashioned Cuban heel stockings is also sexy as fuck.

Lastly, a sequel... since I just thought of it... wearing nylons is also empowering. The woman is choosing to enhance her look in a sensual way.

4. I LIKE SOFT THINGS

I think most women are like I am... we like soft things. My sheets are bamboo, my panties are pure cotton, and my pajamas are always soft and warm.

So not surprisingly, I like silky nylons on my legs. And I only buy quality ones.

I know it sounds weird, but I even enjoy stroking my hands up and down my own legs. I find my silky soft sheer nylons soothing. My nylons are my fidget toy.

Again, always make sure to buy quality nylons.

5. THEY SHOWCASE MY ASS

While I don't wear pantyhose as often as I wear thigh highs, whenever I do wear pantyhose, I often wear a thong with them, or go (as Rachel said in that epic Friends episode) commando. This enables the pantyhose, especially black ones, to really showcase my ass. While I used to be a little subconscious about my 'fat' ass, the recent fascination with big asses has increased my 'ass-confidence', to coin a phrase. And although I don't ever wear pantyhose while I'm getting fucked... I love back shots... it's likely my favourite position.

6. WHEN TO WEAR WHAT

Work: Pantyhose is your most discrete option... although I do like to wear thigh highs on occasion as my own personal secret sexy rebellion.

Casual Fridays. Where I work, Casual Fridays mean jeans. I don't like wearing pantyhose or thigh highs under jeans... I just don't find them very comfortable. So on Fridays, either I wear knee highs (although they make me feel like I'm an old granny... so I only wear those when I'm looking for a certain colour, since I can find them in a plethora of colours), or more often than not, stocking anklets (although they're not easy to find, and they only come in limited colours, like black and tan).

Cocktail Parties: Usually pantyhose, since those dresses are quite tight against the body, which might outline the thigh highs.

Weddings: Always thigh high stockings (or occasionally a garter-belt and stockings), since I have a rule for attending weddings... ever since I was in college... I always get laid. My sexy husband has fucked me in a bathroom, a car, a couple of limousines (I love having sex in a limo) and in many hotel rooms (once even in the designated bridal suite).

At home (when my kids are home): this is where it gets dicey. While I'm not a freeuse slut per se, I do love it when my man lifts up my skirt or dress and just fucks me with no warning. Since I often wear dresses, especially sundresses when they're seasonal, this is when I make different decisions, depending on how long the dress is. If the dress goes down to my knees, I wear thigh high stockings. If the dress is shorter, either I wear one of my three pairs of crotchless pantyhose, or my expensive pair of pantyhose suspenders.

In the bedroom: You can probably imagine what I wear. I love lingerie, so I own a few pairs of stockings in various colours, that I can clasp to a garter-belt or a sexy teddy. I also have a variety of thigh high stockings.

Anyway, that may be more information than anyone needs...

7. SANDALFOOT VS REINFORCED TOE

I don't own a single pair of reinforced toe nylons! I know their purpose... they're to guard against getting a run in the toe. Which makes sense. But I don't spend the money I do on pedicures (or that my hubby spends, since he loves my manicures and pedicures too), and then not showcase my feet and toes.

8. BEING FASHIONABLE

I've always perceived nylons as fashionable and stylish. Maybe because I grew up in the eighties, when their popularity was beginning to fade, but cheerleaders still wore them with their cheerleading outfits, teachers wore them all the time, and many celebrities still wore them.

But then the popularity of nylons kept dwindling.

But in 2023 I can see some slowly growing popularity of nylons. This has been happening for a few years, as younger female musicians, in particular Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, and Ariana Grande have started wearing them.

I've also noticed the frequency of discussions about pantyhose and nylons in the media has been gradually increasing. There was an article last year in Vogue UK called "Hold Up: Stockings are Back in Style," and another, "Is it uncool to wear pantyhose? Ask the Kit" in the Toronto Star, that pointed out sheer hosiery was definitely back in style. And recently, "Grandmas Love It, and It Girls Do Too: How Hosiery Had a Big Comeback in 2023," in March of this year on a website called Whowhatwear.

So maybe my fetish is finally becoming fashionable again.

At work I usually wear pantyhose, although occasionally I go with thigh highs.

9. HOW I BECAME A NYLON-LOVING GAL (An autobiographical story)

Back when I was a teenager, I had no particular awareness idea about this accessory and the magical power it would eventually have on my self-esteem and sex life. Certainly I was aware of nylons, but I didn't pay much attention to them.

So here's my story about how I became a woman whose number one fetish is nylons, and how I began my journey towards celebrating hosiery in almost all my stories.

Again, I had no interest in nylons when I was a teenager.

None.

In fact, I remember refusing to wear them to a funeral when I was twelve, even though my mother insisted it was obligatory for such a somber occasion. Of course since I was twelve, I thought I knew everything, and disobeying my mother was a frequent pastime of mine.

(Back to me as a teenager.) A boyfriend two years older than I was... he was a senior, while I was a sophomore... changed my fashion sense and my view about of nylons.

We'd been dating for a few weeks, when I noticed him checking out one of the cheerleaders. At my school in the late eighties, the cheerleaders wore their cheerleader outfits to class on game or competition days (which I thought happened too often). For the record, the athletes also dressed up on game days, which was pretty cool sometimes. The cheerleaders all wore skirts that on any other days were considered dress code violations, but the rules were different for the cheerleaders. And at least at my school, they all wore pantyhose with them.

I said, annoyed, "You know I can see you staring at her?"

"What?" he asked, hurriedly turning to face me, but knowing I'd caught him.

"'You were staring at Amber,' I accused. (Of course her name was Amber.)

"No, I wasn't," he lied.

"No, not at all," I agreed sarcastically.

"It wasn't her I was staring at," he denied.

"Then who?" I asked.

"More like what," he explained, his flaming cheeks giving away that he was getting flustered. Neither of us were considered very popular. He played hockey, so he had some popularity; while I was pretty much a wallflower.

"I don't even know what that means," I said.

"Can I tell you later?"

"Why not now?"

"It's embarrassing," he said, and the look in his eyes confirmed that it was.

"Okay," I agreed, "but this conversation isn't over."

Later that night as we were watching television, I brought it up again. "So back to you drooling over Amber."

"I was hoping you forgot about that," he sighed.

"Hard to forget," I said. Seeing him staring at another girl... a girl definitely prettier than I was, more popular than I was, and with a better body than mine... was quite a blow to my self-esteem, which had never been a strength of mine in the first place.

I was academically smart... was in all the enriched programs at school... and on the debate team... but otherwise, I was a plain Jane.

I had long brown hair and blue eyes (which I've since learned are two of my best assets, but I didn't know that at the time), I was skinny, pale, and my breasts were almost nonexistent.

So I often needed to remind myself that I was dating a decent-looking guy, two years older than I was, who was at least somewhat popular (which to me seemed like a very high bar).

"Promise not to laugh," he said.

"I'll try," I said, not knowing what could possibly be funny about this subject.

"Okay, promise not to judge."

"Definitely not," I refused. "I 100% reserve the right to judge. I'm on the debate team, so I'm always judging."

"Well," he said, placing his hand, which was trembling, on my leg. "In debating, you need to see both sides of the issues, don't you?"

"Of course," I agreed. One reason I was a great debater was because I paid as much, if not more attention to considering the strengths of the other team's arguments as I did to my own. That way I could be prepared for whatever they might say.

"Well, please keep that in mind," he requested.

"Okay," I agreed. I was a little worried, since he was very nervous.

"Like I said, I wasn't staring at Amber," he said. "Well, not exactly."

"How can you not... exactly... stare at Amber?"

"I was staring at her legs," he explained.

"Her legs?" I asked. I'd never considered legs to be a sexy part of a man or a woman's body. I always noticed eyes first, ass second.

"More precisely, her legs in those pantyhose," he said, avoiding any eye contact with me, gazing down at my legs in jeans.

"Pantyhose?" I asked, my tone and my scrunched-up face probably giving him all the information he needed about my opinion about pantyhose with just a single word. (Remember that pantyhose were just those uncomfortable garments that autocratic mothers insisted their unfortunate twelve-year-old daughters wear to funerals.)

"Yeah," he said. Then he stopped talking.

I paused and considered his answer. It kind of confused me. Okay, no, it straight out did confuse me. "Are you saying you were checking out Amber's legs in her pantyhose?"

"Yeah," he said sheepishly.

"But not Amber?"

"That's right."

"You do understand that Amber's legs are attached to Amber, right?"

"I'm not explaining this right," he said, clearly frustrated by how our conversation was going.

"Then would you check out any girl wearing pantyhose?"

"Yes... no... I don't know!" he said, obviously feeling completely overwhelmed... just like he did before a test. He'd suffered from test anxiety way before that became a diagnosed thing.

"David," I said, now feeling bad for him. "I'm not mad at you."

"You're not?"

"No, I'm just trying to understand."

"I have a nylon fetish," he finally admitted succinctly.

"A nylon fetish?" I repeated. I knew what the term fetish meant, although I'd never considered it in any significant way... unlike today, when my writing is largely based upon lots of fetishes (nylons, pegging, anal, interracial, lesbian, gay, hypnosis, etc.).

"I know it's weird."

"I don't know if it's weird," I said, even though I was pretty sure it was weird. "Tell me some more."

"You know how some guys like breasts or asses?"

"I suppose," I said. Of course I knew that most boys did.

"Well, I'm attracted to legs wearing nylons," he explained, looking into my eyes. He then paused for what felt like an eternity... before he added two words that just increased my confusion, "And feet."

"Feet?" I asked, in a tone that couldn't hide my surprise. Just like with nylons, back in the eighties, I'd never heard of anybody thinking that someone's feet were sexually stimulating. Although I certainly have since then. I've actually been offered money for pictures of my feet on several occasions over the years! But back then in my teenage years, during the somewhat more innocent times (although judging by movies about the eighties, those times weren't all that innocent... 'Wall Street', I'm looking at you... remember, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!"), but for me and my friends at the time, just kissing was going pretty far.

"Yeah," he said, looking even more sheepish than when he'd first mentioned nylons.

"I don't understand."

"Me neither," he responded. "But I like a girl's feet... toes... soles... in nylons."

"But not barefoot?" I asked, confused.

"Exactly," he confirmed. Then after a pause, "I know I'm a freak."

"This is weird," I said.

I pondered what to say next. Finally, trying to make him feel better about himself, but also trying to clarify what I thought he was saying, I asked, "But you're not a freak. So legs and feet in nylons turn you on?"

"Yeah."

"So if a hot girl with big tits walked by, and another much less attractive one walked by wearing pantyhose, you'd notice the pantyhose girl first?"

"Always," he said. "I know it's weird."

"It is weird," I agreed. Then after a lengthy pause, I joked, "You must love game day!"

"Jasmine," he said in a slightly embarrassed tone.

"It's okay," I reassured him.

"It is?"

"Yeah. It's not what I was expecting to hear," I said. "But it's not that big of a deal."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I confirmed. I then leaned over and kissed him reassuringly.

That night I asked my elder sister Mandy, who was attending college, "Have you ever heard of a nylon fetish?"

"No," she said.

"Oh."

"Why?"

"David has a thing for girls' legs and feet in nylons," I explained, needing to talk to someone about this.

"Oh," she said. "It isn't that weird."

"It isn't?"

"I met a guy once who liked wearing diapers," she said. "So nylons are pretty tame."

"I guess," I said, that indeed sounding weirder. "He was checking out a cheerleader today right in front of me, and I assumed it was because of her breasts, but it was her legs in pantyhose."