The Power of Suggestion Ch. 01

Story Info
Thomas finds a mysterious cube that changes his life forever.
2k words
4.53
40.2k
60

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/16/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MellowHaze
MellowHaze
108 Followers

This is my first story here, so I'd imagine it's not that great. If you have any comments or constructive criticism for me, it would be much appreciated. I plan to continue this storyline if it's well received. This chapter of the story does not contain any sexual acts, but later chapters may. Enjoy!

At 6' tall with a slim and slightly athletic build Thomas was, by most standards, decently attractive. He had a well paying job, his own place, and a relatively nice car, but no one ever seemed to pay him much attention. It wasn't as if he was actually invisible, even if he may have felt that way at times. People just tended to gravitate away from him. It had been like this ever since he could remember, with even his own family forgetting about him from time to time. As a result of this, Thomas generally kept to himself.

One warm morning around the beginning of May, Thomas decided to take a walk on the beach. After about 20 minute of walking, something caught his eye. It was a small cube, dark blue in color, with an intricate gold design weaving around its exterior. Thomas couldn't tell what kind of material it was made out of but it almost seemed to glow in the early morning light. Upon picking it up, it was much heavier than expected and the glow it was giving off seemed to intensify. Thomas stood, mesmerized by the object now resting in his palms when he noticed words seem to form on the cube's surface.

"Suggest to thee and it will be."

As Thomas read the words, they seemed to echo in his head. The words began to take shape in his mind as the cube began to glow brighter. They began to repeat themselves louder and louder. The cube began to glow so bright that Thomas was forced to close his eyes. The echoes of the words grew to a deafening level inside his head as Thomas collapsed on the ground, clutching his head.

When Thomas once again opened his eyes, his mind was again silent and the cube was gone.

The next thing he heard were footsteps. The footsteps grew louder until they seemed to be right next to him.

"Are you okay?" a woman's voice said as Thomas turned his head in the direction of the sound.

"I...I think so." Thomas said as he looked up towards the owner of the voice.

The woman standing over him was beautiful. She had shoulder length, dark brown hair that was pulled back into a pony-tail and appeared to be around 25. She was around 5'8" and looked to weigh around 120lbs. Her breasts were well proportioned at around 32C and her flat stomach was visible from her sports bra down to her leggings. She squatted down next to him.

"You just collapsed while in front of me while I was out on my morning run. Should I call an ambulance?" She asked as she pulled out her phone.

"I don't think there's any need for that." Thomas said as he sat up. The woman put her phone away.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked.

"I'm not really sure what happened, but I feel alright now. Maybe I just need a little water."

At that, the woman handed him the bottle she had been holding.

"Are you sure?" Thomas asked her as he took it from her. "I don't even know your name and you're offering to let me drink from the same bottle as you."

"My name is Mary. It's not a problem at all. You needed water." She replied.

"Well thank you Mary, I appreciate it." Thomas said as he took a large swig from the bottle. "Are you from around here?"

"Not really. I came here with my parents in the summer when I was growing up but just recently moved here for work."

"Well I'm local, so if you ever need someone to show you around, I'm your guy."

At that, Mary pulled her phone out and offered it to Thomas.

"What's this?" Thomas asked, confused.

"Put in your phone number. Isn't that what you were suggesting?"

"Well...yes. Okay." Thomas replied as he took her phone and began putting in his contact info. This was his longest interaction with anyone in years and all of a sudden this beautiful woman wants his number just because he vaguely suggested it? While he felt lucky that someone was finally giving him the time of day, he figured she'd probably never call him in the first place and just delete his number as soon as she left, as that seemed to be the norm in his life. All of a sudden he remembered the words on the cube.

"Suggest to thee and it will be."

Surely there was no connection between this and the woman's actions, but just out of curiosity, he figured he may as well try something.

"You could text me so I have your number as well." He said to Mary as he handed her phone back.

"Okay!" She said as she took her phone back and began to type. Thomas' phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw a text from a new number that just said "Mary."

"Thanks for all the help Mary. I hope I didn't interrupt your run too much." He said, astounded that he now had her number after only a few minutes of conversation. He was about to stop but then added, "If you're out here again tomorrow morning, maybe I'll see you then!"

"No problem at all! See you tomorrow!" She said as she waved and resumed her run.

Thomas watched her until she was out of view and then started walking back home.

"Okay, that was strange, but...I mean it's probably just a huge coincidence...but what if it isn't."

-----------------------------

"Suggest to thee and it will be."

Those words. The words that had appeared etched on the mysterious cube. The same words that echoed over and over in his head before he collapsed on the beach were now all Thomas could think about.

"What was that box?" He thought, "and what did it do to me?"

Looking back on his conversation with Mary on the beach, it became more and more apparent that she was acting very strangely. What kind of woman shares a drink from the same bottle with a complete stranger and then give him her number within a few minutes of meeting? Sure it wasn't unheard of for a normal person, but for him this was astounding. The only conclusion that he could think of was that it had something to do with the cube. Did it give him some sort of power? If so, what was it?

"Suggest to thee and it will be."

Thomas began thinking about what this could mean and how his conversation with Mary went and came to one conclusion. If he suggested something to someone, it would happen. As far fetched as that sounded, he knew he had to be sure. He though that the best person to test this on would be Mary, so decided to once again visit the beach the following morning.

-------------------------------

The next morning was a bit colder, but was already starting to warm up by the time Thomas got to the beach. He looked around and didn't see anyone, but began to walk anyway. What would he ask her? Were there limits to what he could ask? Did this only work on people?

He was so lost in thought he didn't hear the footsteps coming up behind him until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Hey Thomas!" Mary said as she came into view.

"Mary! Hey! I was beginning to think you weren't coming."

"Of course I was! You said you'd be here, so here I am!"

She was wearing the same running outfit as the day before, but with a short, zip-up sweatshirt over it. Thomas sat down and motioned for her to do the same.

"Cold this morning?" Thomas asked as Mary sat down next to him.

"A little earlier, but it's starting to warm up now."

"Yea thought you were a little overdressed with that sweatshirt on."

At that, Mary unzipped her sweatshirt and began to take it off. "Yea I think I am. I was starting to sweat with it on and now I'm all gross and sticky."

This just about confirmed it. Not only did she show up at his suggestion, but she was now stripping clothes off. He had to see how far he could take it.

"A quick dip in the ocean would fix you right up!" Thomas blurted out.

"You know what? You're right. I haven't been in the ocean since I moved here and there's no time like the present." At that she started to get up.

"Wait you're just going to go in like that? Your clothes and shoes will get all wet."

"Good point. What do you suggest?" She seemed conflicted. On one hand Thomas had suggested that she go in the water, but on the other he had suggested a reason that she shouldn't."

"Well...I supposed you could always take them off." Thomas replied.

At that, Mary's conflict faded and she began untying her shoes. First one, then the other. Then her socks came off. She put them inside her shoes and put her shoes next to each other.

Thomas took a quick look around and saw that the beach was completely deserted apart from the two of them. They were far enough past the houses that no one would be able to see them without a pair of binoculars, so he figured he'd let his suggestions run their course.

Mary stood up and turned away from Thomas, then with one motion she hooked her thumbs into her waistband and pulled down both her leggings and her panties.

The view was fantastic. Thomas couldn't remember the first time he'd seen a sunrise, but he figured that this was far better. She was completely shaved, with a toned ass and long legs. As she bent over to pull the rest of the leggings off, her pussy lips spread just slightly and Thomas could see that she was starting to get wet. She took her time with her task and made no move to cover herself. When she was done with her leggings, she folded them and laid them on top of her shoes. She turned towards Thomas, then reached up and peeled off her sports bra. Her breasts were firm and perky with small pink nipples which were beginning to harden. She placed her sports bra on top of her leggings and then stood back up in front of him, completely naked.

"I could look at that all day." Thomas stated, in awe.

Mary smiled at him and then turned and began walking slowly down the beach into the water.

This was real. He actually had the power to make people do what he wanted just by suggesting it. His mind started racing and ideas flooded his head. What could he do to people? What could he make them do? He almost didn't notice Mary had come out of the water until her wet, naked body was only a few feet from him.

"Now what?" She asked.

With all the thoughts going through his head, he didn't think of what came next. She was dripping wet and naked, and made no move to cover herself or put her clothes back on.

"My place isn't far from here." Thomas said pointing towards the direction of his house. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"Sure!" She said, and began to walk in the direction he had pointed.

"What about your clothes?" He asked.

"What about them? I thought you wanted me like this all day." She said with a confused look.

Thomas remembered what he had said. "I could look at that all day." She was going to be naked in front of him all day. This was going to be fun.


MellowHaze
MellowHaze
108 Followers