The Priestess and Her Boy Ch. 08

Story Info
Pristess Ruta tells a shocking story.
1.1k words
4.67
3.4k
00

Part 8 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

8 - Ruta's Story

Once she had been dismissed by the High Priestess, Ashala went directly to the Gardens to seek out Ruta and tell her of Tak's departure from the Temple. She found her in the seed room, having dismissed her boys for the afternoon so that they could eat, wash and prepare themselves for their night Mistresses. Upon hearing Ashala's news, the Garden Priestess shed tears, which caused Ashala to do the same, and the two women hugged each other tightly.

"Ashala, just look at us! What a mess!" said Ruta.

"Ruta, you were so beautiful when we were young Priestesses together" replied Ashala.

"As were you! And now look at us!"

"The tears do not help," said Ashala. "Honestly Ruta, do you remember those times? We were insatiable. We took boys to our couches with such hunger, as was our right, and as was considered an act of obedience to the Goddess. We were never cruel, you and I, but rarely did I feel much interest in the boys themselves, in their thoughts, their wishes, their dreams. Now things are different, Ruta, for me anyway. I love my Temple boys and treasure my evenings with them, and I rarely even move them to my couch."

"Yes, Ashala," replied Ruta. "There were more boys in those days of course, before the Treaty, before the Sons of the North were taken from us. We often had two boys in our bedchambers each night. But you are right Ashala. These days I prefer to be given a boy who plays a good game of chess."

The women laughed.

"Two boys together Ashala, how did we cope?"

"As I recall we coped quite well, Ruta. Which reminds me, Tak told me you threatened him and Nikah with the Sunerian Badger. But he had no idea what it was, of course, so I had to explain it to him."

"Ha, Ashala, I am sure you did a good job. Alas, we shall certainly never see Tak and Nikah form the badger now. But we should have some proper fun with a boy soon, you and I. Just like the old times."

After a while, Ruta, ceased laughing and looked more seriously at Ashala.

"We must talk about Tak, Ashala."

"What is there left to discuss?"

"Ashala, you were emissary to the North in the months after Tajorg, when the Old Queen was deposed and the Republic formed. I know it was you that persuaded King Alfard that the Republic would honour the Treaty of Tajorg. Some say that you became close to him. Indeed, some say you enchanted him; shared his bed. That you let him lay hands on you."

Ashala's cheeks reddened.

"Many people say things that may not be true Ruta." she said. But she did not look her fellow Priestess in the eye.

Ruta continued, "I do not judge. The lady of the North who took Tak away. What was her age?"

"Perhaps twenty three summers." replied Ashala.

"Then you would know her if, indeed, she is a princess."

"Of course. It was Kasmine, granddaughter of the Old Queen and hostage to the court of the King. She did little to disguise the fact. She was young when I knew her in Vosgir, but she was already much loved there."

"Interesting. I thought it might be her," said Ruta. "A grand personage indeed to send on a simple chore to recover a stray northern boy. And, did you say with the Captain of the King's Guard, no less? And Tak; did you ever notice anything remarkable about him?"

"I always thought he might be a Son of the North." sighed Ashala.

"And what else?"

"Oh Ruta," said Ashala, exasperated. "What in the name of the Goddess do you want from me?"

"Did you note a likeness to someone?"

"Well, yes, to the King. To Alfard. But I thought nothing of it."

"Think again, Ashala," said Ruta. "Tak is the son of the King and, what is more, I knew it the day I purchased him at the slave market four summers ago."

"How could you think such a thing Ruta?" asked Ashala in amazement. "You said he came from a southern farmer."

"It is true, he did," replied Ruta. "But I knew him before that. I knew him as a scared child, surrounded by death, who nevertheless showed compassion and saved a traumatized girl, a girl who should have been nothing to him. Afterwards, I swore before the Goddess that I would protect him, but I was unable to do so. Ashala, a Priestess outside the walls of the City is naught! Just a girl in the woods, weak and vulnerable, unable to protect herself let alone another. When I saw Tak ten summers later at the market, I did not hesitate. I would not let him be purchased by some lady of the city, to be worked hard in her bed at night and bullied by her jealous husbands during the day. I wanted him here, where I could at last watch over and protect him."

Ashala nodded, finally understanding.

"The Battle of Tajorg? You went with the City's warriors, but were found by Cargian slavers in the aftermath. Returned later - ransomed." she said

"Yes Ashala. I was there to select boys from the vanquished enemy. To satisfy the lust of the Queen, her Court and the Temple. And to administer the Test of Ash to prisoners. Those refusing to accept the Goddess would have been put to death - rightly, I believed at the time. But, of course, the Goddess was not with the Old Queen and there was no victory. Tell me Ashala, did I deserve mercy from a child prince of the North? "

"Ruta, I sense that you suffered in those days and I shall not ask you more about them," said Ashala. "But tell me, did Tak not recognize you? At the market....or later?"

"Never. And that pained me at first, but perhaps it was for the best. A few times I asked him about his childhood but he recalled very little. He had perhaps seen only six summers when I encountered him in the Valley of Tajorg. Oh, I shall miss him! I wish I could have told him who I was before he was taken away. The Goddess lives in Tak, Ashala. Have you not seen that? I knew it the first time our eyes met."

"Yes, Ruta. She does. There is no doubt of it."

The two Priestesses embraced once more. But it was now getting late, and each would soon have a boy waiting at her bedchamber door. As they parted, Ashala spoke kindly to her friend, "Ruta, I do not think we have heard the last from our beloved Tak. And I hope your boy tonight is skilled at chess."