The Priestess and Her Boy Ch. 13

Story Info
A new Queen seeks power in the East.
1.7k words
4.75
3.5k
00

Part 13 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

13 - The Death of King Charton

On the morning of the tenth day after Taneric's arrival in Vosgir, they sent Princess Kasmine to find him. It did not take her long. After some enquiries in the street, she found her way to a darkened room above a tavern close to the Hall of the Elders, where he lay sleeping soundly beside a girl. Kasmine knelt by the bed and gently woke her.

"Princess Kasmine," said the girl sleepily. "Are you here to join us?"

"No my dear," she whispered. "I am here to replace you. Come along, but quietly!"

As the girl gathered her clothing and tiptoed to the door, Kasmine removed her own day gown and slid into the bed next to the sleeping boy. Gently, she moved her hand over his body to both wake and arouse him. When she had him ready, she mounted him, taking him inside her.

"Taneric! Open your eyes!" she commanded.

Seeing her properly for the first time, he said, "Princess, it seems that each time you lie with me it is as the result of some trickery."

"Be quiet Taneric. You talk too much. I am surprised the priestesses could tolerate you. Can you not let a girl concentrate when she is trying to take her pleasure?"

Kasmine drew herself up onto her haunches above him, her thighs spread wide, the only points of contact between them at their sex, and at her knuckles, which she pressed into his chest as she steadied herself. Closing her eyes, she rocked like this for a while, and then slid back down to lie almost full length over him, carefully keeping him inside her. She nuzzled his neck and shoulders, while rolling her hips to stimulate herself against him. Taneric, moved his hands over her rump and back.

"You are strong, Princess. Firm."

"Hmmm? Most boys I take to bed simply say I am beautiful."

"You are. Like the priestesses. But they are softer of body."

"Careful Taneric! Fortunately though, I take that as a compliment. But, now that you are fully awake....."

Kasmine disengaged suddenly and rolled off him to lie by his side.

"No!" exclaimed Taneric.

"I see you were not so outraged by my trickery after all," she teased. "But, Taneric, on the road to Vosgir I explained the conditions under which I expect you to come to me. I think it was clear, was it not? You should think more on it, for it was not said in jest. And now Taneric, we need to talk more seriously. Take your hands away from me and listen! Taneric! Tak, hands off now!"

At her use of his slave name, he finally stopped and began to listen properly to her words.

"Taneric, for the last ten days you have taken your pleasure in the ale-houses, taverns and gaming-rooms of Vosgir. Not a single voice has been raised against you, given that you are newly freed after so many years in slavery. You deserve your pleasure. However, the role of Prince is a demanding one. There is work to be done! Did you not think so? Perhaps it might seem, to an outsider, that rulers enjoy carefree lives of pleasure, but in fact they carry a huge burden. Taneric, your father is much-loved by the people of the North, but he needs your help and will need it more as he ages. Let us go downstairs for food and juka, and then I will take you to him. It is time to get started."

****

The King embraced Taneric when they met in the Great Hall later that morning.

"My Son, it is good to see you. A little earlier than usual on this day. I truly wish I could have left you longer to enjoy the pleasures of Vosgir, but unfortunately it cannot be so. We live in difficult times Taneric. Although there has been peace with the City Republic for fourteen summers we must forever be vigilant."

"The North is allied with the City now, is it not?" asked Taneric.

"Indeed. But while the Northern tribes remain united and able to mass a large force of warriors should the need arise, the Republic never rearmed after the defeat at Tajorg. In this respect the Treaty is not equitable, for we must protect the City if it is attacked but it can do little to help us in return. However, we are content with this arrangement for the moment, as they abide by our rule that Sons of the North are free men wherever they are found. This is all we have ever demanded, as we have plenty of land and we are a proud and happy people. And, meanwhile, our trade with the City is of some value to us. But now we have to look to the East, where there is news that King Charton has died. He was a dreadful ruler, Taneric, hated by his people. He allowed Cargian slavers to take young men and women from his villages in return for bribes of gold. Indeed our spies suggest he has met his end through the hand of a poisoner. No matter, he will not be missed by us. But whenever there comes change, there comes danger. Ah, I see Ostin has arrived and he can now explain our current worries better than I."

"Greetings Prince," began Ostin. "I am sorry I sent the Princess to fetch you at such an early hour. But you will see that this matter is pressing. King Charton has just one heir; a female barely your own age. We know little about her, even though we have spies in the East. She has remained within the King's Castle in recent years, rarely seen in the towns and villages. She is to be crowned in six days time, and you will attend____"

"But only if you feel you are ready, Taneric. You must tell us!" interjected the King.

"You will attend for the North," continued Ostin. "We will send Peto and Princess Kasmine with you and one quarter of the Kings Guard___''

"That is one hundred warriors, Taneric. We do not repeat our mistakes of the past!" said Alfard. And he lowered his head.

"Prince Taneric", said Ostin, "We have no clear instructions for you, other than you must act in the interests of the North. Is this girl a friend or foe? Is she strong or weak? Will there be a power behind her Throne? Will she even survive to see her coronation? We do not know, so you must find out. The East has not been a threat to us in recent times, though it could become so under a stronger ruler. Peto has an excellent grasp of politics, Prince Taneric. Learn from him and let him lead you in this endeavour. And avoid making any assurances or agreements."

"Well?" asked the King. "You must start somewhere Taneric. What do you say?"

"I will go, Father."

"And you must go now!" replied Alfard. "The court of the Eastern King is much further than the City, and in the opposite direction. Five days ride at least. Peto is already preparing the Guard. Ostin, we must get armour for Taneric, and a sword worthy of a prince. Peto and his men will begin his training on the way. Go now son!"

After Taneric left the Hall, Alfard turned to the Elder.

"Well?"

"I believe this is a wise decision my King," he replied. "Peto will be there with him, and Princess Kasmine. He must begin somewhere, as you said, and there is no reason to expect any danger from this eastern Princess. Indeed our spies, who are well trusted, believe a prince of the North will be well received at this time. And besides, if we let him carry on as he is, the girls of our taverns will soon fuck him to death!"

****

Three hours later, Taneric, Kasmine and Peto rode from Vosgir at the head of a column of the King's Guard. As they left through the wooden gates of the town, Taneric turned to Peto.

"Why does Vosgir not have proper walls instead of this low wooden fence Peto? Surely it cannot be defended from attack?"

"If an enemy were to arrive at our gates they would find them open and Vosgir empty," replied Peto. "Our people would have vanished into the forest leaving empty streets and empty homes. Not a scrap of food, or an animal, or a hostage to be found. And then by night we would come for them, like ghosts from the trees, and it would be they that wished for stout walls to protect them."

They rode into the forest, joining the trail that led eastwards towards the Carfah Hills and then, beyond, to what was lately the Kingdom of Charton and now, perhaps, to be that of his daughter named, it was said, Zantina.

"You will see the hills, Taneric, home to some of the fiercest warriors in the North. I'll warrant a few may wish to join us in our venture and if so they will be welcome, for they know well the lands of the East. The pass across is easy this time of year, but it can be difficult to traverse in winter. This is a beautiful journey, Taneric, but we must make haste for the coronation of the new Queen takes place in just six days."

Autumn was taking hold of the northern lands; the leaves on the trees turning to vivid yellows, oranges and reds. Geese were flying south overhead and smaller creatures scuttled around on the forest floor seeking morsels to store for the long winter months ahead. The wind had turned cold, blowing from the north, and they wrapped their cloaks tightly about them and pressed onwards. By night, they huddled in the warmth of large fires, telling stories and singing songs of glorious days past. Also, in the evenings, by the glow of the fires, Peto trained Taneric in the use of his sword, with other warriors stepping in to help when needed. One night, Taneric sparred with a young man named Janeron and, as they finished, he caught his arm and said, "Your father. He was with me at Tajorg was he not? I remember him now. He was a brave man, but there was nothing he could do against so many foes."

The young Janeron, greatly moved, clasped Taneric tightly to his breast before taking his leave. Taneric turned to Kasmine, who was sitting nearby, watching.

"These are good men." he said.

"Indeed, and they would die for you."

"And for you Princess. And for each other." he replied.