The Priestess and Her Boy Ch. 23

Story Info
PriestessJavka, the Old Queen's Inquisitor, works on Kamhet.
2.6k words
4.7
3.2k
00

Part 23 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

23 - The Old Queen's Inquisitor

Dear reader, did you wonder why it was Priestess Ashala that went to Alfard in the days after the Battle of Tajorg? I have told you that she did. But she was younger then - not yet a senior priestess, and not yet a member of the Circle. So why was it she that went? The answer to the question is simple: it was because of her courage. For after Tajorg, when the City's walls were quickly scaled and any defenders had long fled, it was left to Ostin alone to block the steps of the Temple, sword in hand, restraining the Sons of the North who demanded entry. And in truth it seemed that he would surely fail, for the warriors were angry, demanding vengeance, and their blood was hot from the recent battle. And while Ostin began to fear even for his own life, the priestesses huddled inside terrified, crying in anguish as they prepared cups of poison. And at that moment, as if it were nothing, Priestess Ashala opened the doors of the Temple, walked out to Ostin and knelt calmly before him.

A silence fell over the crowd in the square below the steps, as they watched her in fascination. She took down the hood of her robe and all could see that she was beautiful, exotic, but tiny and frail in appearance before the big northern warrior standing above, his sword still raised. She spoke some words to him and tilted her head to the side, pulling at the collar of her garment and offering her neck.

"What does she say?" shouted a man from the square.

"She offers her life in exchange for the lives of her sisters," cried Ostin. "Should I take it?"

"Where is the High Priestess?" came another voice from below. "Should she not be the one kneeling before you now?" And then another man spoke, "No, where is the Queen? Why is it left to this little thing to show courage?"

And, just as the crowd's anger waned, King Alfard entered the square with a troop of his Guard and saw what was happening on the Temple steps. He walked to Ostin and embraced him before turning his attention to the kneeling girl.

"If this little Priestess is the only one who has the courage to face us then we will negotiate the truce with her. And the City will be bound by the terms she agrees, unless it would rather be destroyed. What is your name Priestess? Ashala? So be it. Come with us to Vosgir, and help us decide the fate of your City and your Temple. Put your pretty neck away, girl, you are under my protection now."

The men laughed as Alfard reached down and pulled Ashala up, almost lifting her from her feet, and passed her to Ostin who put his arm protectively around her shoulders and said, "I'll warrant this is the first time a man has laid his hands on you for many summers."

And only then, as she was led away, did Ashala finally weep.

****

And thus was the Treaty of Tajorg negotiated by Priestess Ashala of the Temple. That is a little known truth, however, because the Old Queen later sent emissaries who, though ignored by Alfard, were nevertheless given credit. But it was Ashala who stayed with Alfard for many moons, before and after the birth of the Republic.

And did Alfard and Ashala become close, as many storytellers claim? There is no doubt of it, but whether they were lovers is perhaps a tale for another day. In future years, the historians will record a story told by Ostin; that one evening, when the King was especially anguished over the loss of his son, Ashala told him that the Goddess had appeared to her in a dream. 'She is with your son, Alfard. He still walks the earth. She says She will return him to you one day.' And Alfard, comforted by this, had rested his head in her lap and finally slept, as indeed his son would do fourteen summers later; he a Temple boy and she his night Mistress, already thinking of tomorrow's chores at the apothecary as she stroked his long hair. And Ostin had left the King with the Priestess, beckoning others to follow. It was a hard time for Alfard, and for his Queen who had become consumed in her own sorrow.

And what of the Treaty itself? Well, reader, you already know the parts of importance. All Sons of the North were returned to their homeland, never again to be threatened with slavery. And Daughters too. For is not a girl stolen from her parents and made a priestess also a slave of sorts? But what of the smaller details? Well, you know enough of Ashala's wisdom by now, do you not? She gave Kasmine to the King already knowing that the Old Queen was doomed. Why not? The King would have a hostage he believed to be of value - for a while at least - and a little girl's life would be saved. Because yes, dear reader, poor Kasmine would elsewise have joined her mother and wretched grandmother hanging in the City square. And what a gift she was for a King and Queen who had recently lost their Prince; a lively and innocent young girl to run around the court and bring joy!

But the gallows in the square of Vosgir would need to be fed. It is a fact, is it not? A King cannot take his people to war and win a great victory - with the loss of many lives - and then allow his enemies to go unpunished, save for the surrender of a few slaves. Alfard gave the list to Ashala and she trembled, for there, close to the top, were included the names of two priestesses. The first was poor Ruta, her friend, who had been chosen to go with the legion of the City. She would have administered the Test of Ash to defeated captives. It is a terrible thing! But Ruta, at that time, was not to be found and would be safe from the rope. Never has a girl been more fortunate to be taken by Cargian slavers. The second priestess's name was that of the Queen's Inquisitor. Northern boys had died on her frame, or survived and been returned to their homelands - never the same again. But she was a priestess, and Ashala would see her saved, even if she had to beg. And beg she did, until finally Alfard agreed, but only on condition that the evil would be banished - sent far away, never to return to the City. And so the Priestess Javka, Inquisitor to the Old Queen, was sent to an Island off the southern coast, forbidden to set foot back on the mainland upon pain of death, with two boys and a boatman who would be both her slave and her jailor. So be it.

****

Hanja and Javka tried to revive Kamhet in the afternoon but he barely woke, and was unable to talk. They began to wonder if he would recover at all.

"I wish Ashala were here. She would know how to help him." said Hanja.

"That idiot boatman!" exclaimed Javka. "He does not know his own strength. I will give him ten strokes tomorrow."

Eventually they left Kamhet restrained on Javka's state-room couch and resolved to check for improvement in the morning. Hanja retired to her bedchamber with Nikah and enjoyed him there, hoping she could somehow wipe away the shame of having lain, the night before, with one who is not of the Goddess.

"You are not the way you once were with me Nikah," she said, caressing him and kissing his cheek as she lay beside him afterwards.

"No Mistress," he replied. "Too much has passed between us. I love you Mistress. But I will not return with you to the Temple."

"Oh Nikah! Don't talk like that!", she replied. But she could not be angry with him. He was right; too much had passed between them.

****

Hanja was woken by Nikah, urgently shouting 'Mistress! Mistress!' beside her.

"Is it morning?' she asked.

"No, Mistress. Not yet. Do you hear that?"

She listened carefully and heard screaming, distant but unmistakable. Rising immediately, she set about releasing Nikah from his loose restraints.

"Quickly Nikah! Get dressed! We must hurry!"

They ran through the Temple and entered Javka's state-room, to be greeted by a horrible scene. Kamhet had been moved to Priestess Javka's frame, no doubt by her two boys who were present but skulking in the corner, nervous and distressed. He was covered in gore, from his buttocks to his face - no longer screaming but breathing heavily as Javka leaned over him, whispering in his ear.

"Hanja! Good morning! I could not sleep and so decided to come down and see if the boy Kamhet had recovered from his long rest. And indeed he had, so I decided to make a start. Now that you are here we can work on him together."

Hanja pointed at the bloody mess on the stone floor beneath the frame, "Are those his teeth?!"

"Some, not all. I shall take the rest later, but only if it is necessary. I am not a monster Hanja, despite what some would say of me. This is a strong boy though, I will give him his due. I think his precious Emperor chooses brave men as captains of the fleet. Not like here in Cana, where such matters are decided through bribery and nepotism. But he will speak soon enough. As you entered I was asking him whether he would like his sex removed quickly by my knife or slowly with a wire. I like to give boys on my frame choices. It makes them feel more involved. I am generous, am I not Kamhet? But, you have chosen not to answer me so it shall be my choice; the wire."

"Javka, stand aside! I cannot allow this!" said Hanja.

"What? How dare you, young Priestess! Has the Temple become so weak and soft that it encourages foolish girls to speak to their superiors with such disrespect?"

"I will take care of him, Javka. He will speak to me before the day is out. Leave me with him now and do not make things difficult!"

"You do not have the art, young Priestess," spat Javka. "You will never break him! I was inquisitor to the Old Queen - I know how to make a boy talk. Leave this room now! Or shall I have my boys lay their hands on you and remove you?"

"Those boys?" scoffed Hanja, pointing at the two, cowering in the corner, terrified. "Nikah is more than their match! But I would not have him hurt them, unless he must. You, Javka, I will deal with myself. You are a relic of the old times - the Goddess has abandoned you and your kind." She moved to the table by the frame and picked up a crop.

"You would not dare!" screamed Javka, but she was already backing away from Hanja, towards the door. The young Priestess followed her, raising the crop, fully meaning to strike, but Javka turned and fled, with a final curse.

"It seems we have prevailed, Nikah," said Hanja, trembling. "What a dreadful woman! Quickly, release him from that awful frame. Bring him to the couch. You boys! Is that water, boiling at the fireplace?"

"Yes, Mistress. It was to be used for the torment." replied one of them.

"Well, use that cup there! Make a brew with this herb!" she said, giving him a clutch of the suf-herb from a pouch at her belt.

Together, they moved Kamhet to the couch, supporting his weight, for he was unable to walk. As they laid him down he looked at Hanja and said, "Lilla?".

"No, my dear. It is Priestess Hanja. There is no Lilla. I tricked you to bring you here. But do not be afraid, the other Priestess is gone. She will not have you. Here, drink this!"

As she held the cup to Kamhet's lips, she nodded at Nikah to loosely restrain him on the couch.

"How long will it take Nikah?" she asked.

"The boy in the seed room was at Priestess Ruta's feet within hours," he replied. "What do you want from him Mistress?"

Hanja turned and told Javka's boys to leave, but they hesitated.

"Why do you disobey me?"

They said nothing but stared at her in apprehension.

"Their Mistress is outside. They fear her. They fear her anger." said Nikah

"I see. Then kneel just outside the door. If you see your Mistress, come back inside to me!" said Hanja.

This time the two boys obeyed and Hanja turned again to Nikah, "This man is from a land far to the east - a powerful nation. We fear his Emperor plans to take our lands and our people. All of them, Nikah, not just the ports of the south and the City itself, but your friends in the North and the people of the Eastern Kingdom too. Kamhet is a spy for sure. We must find out what he knows."

"Then I will help you Mistress."

"What? You do not help me simply because I command you? Because you feel the Goddess within you and are fulfilled through obedience to your Mistress?"

"No, I do not."

"Then I have lost you?"

"I no longer feel myself a slave."

"Oh Nikah. I have never called you a slave!"

"Just words, Mistress. The boys of the Temple are slaves. You know it and I know it."

"Four moons ago I would have been outraged by what you say, Nikah. I would have punished you, perhaps even taken you to the Priestess of the Shrine. But now I feel nothing. Will you leave me?"

"Do you want me to?"

"No, I would be lonely without you. Please stay Nikah. At least until we return north. Then I will let you go to Vosgir. We will part at the Besan crossroads, I promise it. There are still many nights we might spend together before then."

"I will tell them of the new herb." he said.

"I do not care anymore."

"I will stay with you until Besan, Hanja, and I will obey you. I feel great love for you. But I will not be bound and I will place my hands upon your body as you place yours upon mine."

"Oh but Nikah, the Book of the Prophet____"

"Says nothing of the matter!"

"Nikah, do not presume to instruct a priestess in the ways of the Goddess!"

"Mistress, many priestesses of the Temple have had me place my hands upon them! Tak also. And others."

"You lie, Nikah!"

"You know that I do not! Let me try it now! The man Kamhet is sleeping."

He reached out with both hands to hold her face, and she let him.

"Oh Nikah, why am I crying?"

"I always loved you Hanja. But I knew you wanted Tak. It made me jealous."

"I wanted both of you Nikah," she said, laughing through the tears. "I used to have a day dream in which I was a Lady of the City and you two were my husbands. It is silly."

He kissed her and moved a hand inside her day robe, but she stopped him.

"Not here Nikah. Not in this horrible room. Later."