The Privacy Flights

Story Info
How to make a ten-hour plane trip just fly by.
25k words
3.98
10k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm new here, but I've already seen that some authors include notes at the beginning of their story to warn the readers that the descriptions of sexual acts are not as vivid as in many other stories on this site. That disclaimer seems like a good idea here too.

There is some sex described, but not orgiastic or covered in fluids. Other writers are better at throbbing and spraying, so I won't waste your time with weaker attempts. More time is spent describing people who are hoping to have sex, or not, and people who have had sex and what they're now going to do about it.

Thanks for your time. Feedback is welcomed.

===================

THE PRIVACY FLIGHTS

===================

For people who regularly flew from Copenhagen to Washington D.C., the flights were already famous, or perhaps one would say infamous.

The passengers were typically couples, but sometimes just a last-minute single who was unworried about what sort of person he might be very close to for ten hours. It's the Scandinavian Airlines Privacy Flight, where the "After Business Class" can make a ten-hour overnight just fly by.

If you pay the money to fly this After Business Class up in the front cabin, you will find five rows with one pair of seats on each side of the center aisle. The seats are plenty wide, and have extended leg room and complete reclining, but the seat pairs are aligned quite closely together. With the central armrests up and out of the way, they can function roughly as a double bed. Their fitted flannel covers are changed after each flight. There are floor-to-ceiling curtains behind each pair of seats which can be pulled around and in front to afford complete privacy. The airline does not accept reservations for single seats in the After Business Class until 24 hours before take-off. This is more likely to be a man traveling alone who needs to get to Washington in a hurry, but there have been rumors that if there are still seats unsold on the day of the flight, the airline may offer a deeply discounted fare to a woman traveling alone.

After takeoff, a flight attendant will approach each pair of seats, offering food and drink, and showing how to make the seats recline fully for when or if each passenger wants to assume the pose for sleeping. After serving drinks and food and more drinks, she will offer to close the curtains if desired, and reassure the occupants that the curtains will not be re-opened by cabin staff unless requested by the occupants, or, with some warning, after the announcement that the plane must prepare for landing.

===================

Kevin has been looking forward to Saturday night and lying next to Jessie on this long flight back to the U.S. Jessie is his wife of two years and, in his opinion, the best thing ever to happen to him.

The three weeks with Jessie in Eastern Europe have been special. The cities have been filled with history, the national parks have been filled with beautiful scenery, and the camps and hostels have been filled with interesting people, from youthful stalwart citizens, to second or even third-generation hippies, to memorable weirdos of all stripes. But there have been few opportunities for getting very close to Jessie in the night. So Jessie understands how Kevin is very much looking forward to this long flight home.

Their earlier flight from Prague to Copenhagen had been fine. Two hours in the late afternoon, and they enjoyed meeting Marta, a flight attendant who had spent some time in the western U.S. and enjoyed trading memories and observations. She and her crew would be also be continuing on and working the Privacy Flight to Washington DC.

But during their flight from Prague, Marta told them that for the Privacy Flight to Washington, all the remaining seats on the plane had been bought up by the United States Pentagon, to bring people back from Europe for some serious meetings on Monday. Now they were adding still more people, and they were pushing to take over the entire flight. They were putting pressure on the Danish Government, and the Danish Government was pressuring the airline to accommodate them. So the airline was busy bumping people off, and it was not pleasant.

As the plane prepared to land in Copenhagen, Marta told them that they were the last ones to keep their seats to Washington. She had managed to save them, but everyone else was being bumped to the next flight on Monday evening. Those people would be given large compensations, lodging, and meals, of course, but it was always hard to deliver all that bad news to all those passengers.

But then.... after they boarded the Privacy Flight plane to Washington, Marta came back again to Kevin and Jessie, now looking very upset. "I'm really sorry. I don't know what to say. They've sent us one more Washington passenger we have to accommodate. It's our government telling us this. We have no choice. We still have one more seat on the Monday night flight. But I'm afraid one of you will have to wait until that flight."

"What?" Kevin said. "No. You can't do that."

"Yes. I'm really sorry. I know it's very unusual, but... yes. We must."

Jessie said, "Well maybe both of us should just get off and fly back on Monday."

But Marta has still more bad news. "Well, unfortunately, we have only one seat still available for Monday. For two, one or both of you would have to wait until next Saturday for one of these flights. Or book another airline. But I'm told they're all quite full, even into next week. That's why they're twisting our arm about this flight, and their meetings for next week."

"But we can't do that that," Kevin said. "Our jobs... We can't be away that long."

"'I'm really very sorry. I feel terrible, but it's out of my hands.'

===================

Plodding back up the jetway to the terminal gate, Kevin passes a guy in his late 20's heading for the plane. He is tall and lanky, with an easy smile and what looks to be a military crewcut now growing out.

"Hey, man," he says. "I'm sorry about this. Not my idea. I wouldn't have done this to you. Orders from the Pentagon. I got no choice."

"Right," Kevin says.

"You traveling alone?" says his apparent replacement.

"No, I wasn't... I mean... NO! I'M NOT!"

"Oh... well... I'm really sorry."

"Yeah, right," Kevin responds. "So stay that way!"

_____________________

Kevin sits in an airport bar, unable to act, or even think. The airline is providing him food and lodging, along with coupons for several free flights in the future. He should go arrange the details for that. He should go demand cash, not just more flights. But he continues to sit in the bar. Finally, he tries calling Jessie.

When she picks up, his opening is cautious. "So how's your flight so far? Interesting?"

Jessie's response is also guarded. "Well... They've closed the doors, but we haven't moved yet."

"So how's it going?"

"It's okay. No surprises... Kevin, I'm really sorry. I feel terrible. I should have gotten off the plane with you. We could have both waited until next week and taken the privacy flight together."

"Yeah. Thanks. But you know that wouldn't have worked for our jobs. For either of us."

"I just feel really bad. About you. But then you've always enjoyed cruising a town on your own. You can still have a good time in Copenhagen tonight. I'll see you Tuesday morning, when you get in."

Kevin snorts. "Yeah. Right. Not really up for hitting the town tonight. I was looking forward to lying down next to you."

"I know that. And I wanted to be next to you. We'll be lying together real soon. Tuesday night. The airline will be paying for a nice hotel and it will be a sweet reunion."

"Right. Okay... So Jessie... I didn't say anything before... but you surprised me when you came out of the ladies room in the airport wearing that big loose lumberjack shirt for our next flight. I mean... that's not a normal look for you. So I had to wonder... were you still wearing a bra? I didn't want to ask... in case you were like leaving it as a surprise for me. But were you?"

"Well, I remembered that a couple weeks ago, you were joking around about this 'privacy flight' we had booked, and you said maybe I should leave my bra off for the flight. Just to save time, you said. Not surprising that you were already thinking about the flight I guess, knowing you. And you obviously thought that would be fun, so I thought 'What the hell...' So no, I'm not wearing one. That's why I put on the lumberjack shirt, so it wouldn't be obvious before we got to our seats on the night flight.

"So what are you wearing under the lumberjack shirt?"

"Just my Twin Peaks T-shirt."

This image is too vivid for Kevin to remain calm. "What!? That really tiny tight one?"

"Well I thought you'd like that. I thought that would be... well... fun for you."

"Yeah, well, it would have been fun if I'd been there to enjoy it. I can tell you it's not any fun just hearing about it. So can you just leave your lumberjack shirt on for the flight?"

"Well, with the plane just sitting on the runway, it's gotten pretty hot in the cabin. And that would be a really hot and heavy shirt to be wearing for the whole flight."

"Jessie, is that your way of saying that the lumberjack shirt is already off?"

Jessie hesitates, then says, "Well... yeah."

"Shit! Really? So how did your seatmate respond to that? Did he make you uncomfortable? Maybe say something rude? I hope?"

"Danny? He just smiled at me. Maybe his eyebrows went up a little. Then he went back to his reading. That's all."

Kevin just stares into his drink a moment, then says, as if to himself, "So it's fucking 'Danny' now, huh...Well, shit... This guy's good."

"What?"

"I said you probably shouldn't talk to him. Secret military mission or whatever. He probably has a lot of studying to do. Preparing for the high-priority meetings at the Pentagon."

"Right now I think he's just looking at the menu. Food and drinks."

"And he can probably hear we're talking about him. Right?"

"I don't think so. Doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah, don't believe that. I saw this guy on the jetway. I feel like I already know him. He's hearing it all. And you're right about what he's thinking. He's thinking about what might be on the menu for him on this flight. Don't trust him. Just keep to yourself. Damn!"

"Kevin! Don't be silly. But they're saying we have to turn our phones off now. Have a good flight Monday. But I'll talk to you before that. When I get in. Love you. But bye for now."

Kevin doesn't know what else he can say. Finally he simply says, "Yeah. Right. Bye," but she has already disconnected.

===================

Danny waits a respectful time after takeoff, then finally stops his scanning of the airline magazine and looks amiably over at Jessie.

"So I just read that the first two drinks are free in this 'After Business' class. I think that's where we are isn't it?"

"That's where we are."

"So I think I'll have a bourbon. What are you having?"

"I'm okay. I think I'll pass."

"But you've already paid for it. I'll admit that the government's paying for mine, but you've probably worked for yours. You should take it."

"Well, I might have had a red wine. But I wouldn't want to splash it all over my white T-shirt."

At this, Danny has to smile. "Yeah... your white T-shirt. It would be a pity for you to need help scrubbing a stain out of your T-shirt." But he manages to restore a look of blank innocence to his face as he says, "So how about a Gin and Tonic? That won't show when you splash it around."

"That's weird. I guess that would have been my second choice. Why did you suggest that?"

"You just looked like the G&T type. Dignified. Thoughtful. Good posture. But not afraid to go out and drink with us commoners."

Now Jessie has to smile as she says, "You are so full of shit." She looks out the window for a moment, considering, then says, "Okay, I'll have a G&T."

"So was that your traveling companion I passed on the way in? I'm really sorry about that. I wouldn't have done it this way, but it's really out of my hands."

"That was my husband. And yeah, I understand this wasn't your idea. But he was really looking forward to this flight home. We both were. So this really sucks. So to speak. We've been hearing about this 'After Business Class' for a while. I assume you've heard about it?"

"Well, maybe. I'm not sure... Is that the one where each pair of seats has curtains, and they turn out the cabin lights early...?"

"That's the one. Sort of hard to picture, but Kevin was pretty eager to try it out. They sell it as a way to make a long plane flight seem shorter. And I guess the idea had grown on me too. So this is very disappointing."

"Well, again, I'm really sorry. And I guess there's really nothing I could do to make it up to you."

Jessie looks at him sharply for a moment before saying, "No. There's not."

There follows a short silence, but then Danny starts again. "So how long have you two been married?"

"Almost three years. Together almost four years."

"Sounds good. Where did you meet?"

"In grad school together. Neurochemistry."

"Wow. But in a field that specialized... wasn't it tough to both get jobs in the same town?"

"Yeah, but it's a big field now, and still growing. So we managed it."

Danny risks starting a more personal tack. "Grad school can be tough on couples. People are there to grow, and sometimes they grow in different directions. That wasn't your experience though?"

"Well, you're right about grad school. We saw that happen to some couples around us. But Kevin and I had each known a few other people before we got together. And we had already done some growing. So by then we were growing towards each other."

"That's sounds great. A pretty straight relationship?"

Jessie looks at him sharply again. "That's kind of a strange question to ask me."

"You're right. That was kind of pushy. Sorry."

"Yeah."

There is a longer silence, but not really an uncomfortable one. Finally Danny turns to her to open a new and presumably more innocent line of inquiry. "Have you used one of those phones where you can call out during the flight using the plane's communication system?"

"Really? They still have those things?"

"Well, not at the seats. The general system mostly got dismantled. But for my job, I've still got one that works that way. When I use it for personal stuff, I have to pay for it. It's not cheap, but sometimes it's worth it."

"I tried it a couple of times years ago, but at those prices, it didn't get to be a habit."

"Understandable. Well, do you mind if I make a call?"

"No, that's fine."

Danny leaves the phone on speaker for Jessie to hear, and he is soon speaking to someone far away. "Hey, Ashley, have you got a minute? A couple minutes?"

After a pause, a surprised Ashley says, "Is this Danny? Danny Bankston? My goodness... What's up with you? This is unexpected."

"Well, yeah. I guess it would be. So how are things?"

Ashley's tone is suddenly wary. "Things are fine. I'm fine. Roger is fine. The baby is fine. Why are you calling us?"

"Well, yeah.. It's kind of silly I guess... I'm on a transatlantic flight... and I'm sitting next to a woman... and we got to talking about personal stuff... relationships and everything... and she's pretty interesting... I'd like to know more about her... hear what she has to say. But she doesn't quite trust me... and I can understand that. So I wanted to call someone who might tell her I could be trusted not to repeat anything. Ever. That's all. I mean, it's nice to hear your voice. Glad things are going good. Hello to Roger. You guys are great... So here's the woman I'm talking to."

After another pause, Ashley says, "Hello?"

Jessie has now been handed the phone. "Hi. This is really embarrassing. This call wasn't my idea... I mean..."

"That's okay. I understand, believe me. Danny's going to do what he's going to do, and there's nothing you can do about it. So what can I tell you? It's been several years, but I used to know Danny pretty well."

"Well nothing really. I think I understand who this guy is. But I think I'll take you off speaker, okay? Now... So I guess he wants you to tell me he's trustworthy..."

Ashley's reply to that question is unhesitating. "About repeating things he's told in confidence? Yeah. He's all that. That's not the problem. Commitment to a promise is his thing. So he's completely honest about that. You just can't assume he's committed to something unless he actually says it. Then he's gold... but don't assume. And I guess it works for him. A commitment made but very carefully stated. He still seems to get what he wants. Whenever. Whatever. But I shouldn't make him sound so devious. He can be a sweetie. Just not someone to plan your life around... So is there anything else you want to know about him?"

"Um... well... What else should I be asking you?"

"Oh no. No, no. I may have already said a little more than he was expecting me to. If you're not going to ask, it's not for me to try to guess what you'll need to know. I mean, I'm not really sure what you'll be trying to decide, right? Maybe you aren't sure yet either. Maybe just like he says, whether you can trust him with your secrets. Although that does seem like kind of low-level information for an air-to-ground phone call. But sure, I'll say you can trust him with your secrets. And he can be fun. But be careful with your feelings. He can be hard to flush out of your system."

"Okay, thanks. I think I know the guy you're talking about. And it was easier talking to you than I expected. So thanks for that too."

"Yeah. For me too. So good night... and good luck. Keep yourself protected."

"Okay. Thanks. I will. I usually do."

"Well, good. That's good. So I guess we're done. So good luck. Really. I mean it."

Jessie hesitates, wondering if she should push for more information, like what's the worst that can happen with 'Danny', but then decides that would be unfair to this Ashley who doesn't even know her. She finally just says, "Yeah. Thanks Ashley. Goodnight."

As Jessie sips her drink and thinks about Ashley's words, Danny starts in again.

"So I guess I'm just a really nosy guy. Who really likes women. Likes talking to them. Finding out what they're thinking. How they live their lives. What they really want. So after your chat with Ashley, do you think you can give me a little more leeway with my questions?"

"I believe that you won't go blab my answers to anyone else. But what if I don't care about other people knowing? Maybe I'm just not comfortable with you knowing. Knowing that much about me."

"Um... well... good point. How about a trade? You ask me something personal first."

"But I'm not as curious about you as you are about me."

"No, really? I'm hurt."

Jessie smiles and says, "I doubt that."

Danny draws back dramatically. "So you don't care about my life?"

Jessie nods. "Right."

Danny can't keep from laughing. "Wow! Just 'Right', she says? No hasty apologies? No 'Oh, but of course I care...' That's really strong! I can see you're not a woman to be messed with. Well how about if you ask me three personal questions... or four... so you can really pin me down? And then I can ask you one."

Jessie rolls her eyes. "How about if you just ask your questions and we'll see how it goes."

"Well, okay. So I guess I'll just return to the last one, where we stalled out before, and try it again. A pretty straight relationship?"

"But what does that mean? I mean, 'Yes'. I'll probably say 'Yes'. But exactly what are you asking?"

"Well, I guess I was hoping to get an answer without having to ask the question."

Jessie makes a small nod of understanding. "Right. That's not going to happen."