The Professor

Story Info
He had found his soulmate and refused to let her walk away.
25.5k words
4.24
41.9k
55
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kinley, I need to see you after the lecture," Professor Gates said loudly as Kinley sat in her seat. She was first in the lecture hall, as usual since her last class was closer than the other six students in this class.

"Sure Professor, what's it about?" she asked, flipping open her book.

"We will speak after the lecture."

She looked up at him in confusion, but didn't press it. The way he was looking at her, like he was upset, made her worry though. She'd been in this class all year, made straight A's all year and never slept or messed around like some of the other students did in some classes. She was quiet, did her work, took notes and read during down time. She didn't even speak to the other students or hardly look at the Professor. She had no idea what he could possibly want to talk about.

Her Senior year at college was about to come to a close and she was preparing to graduate Summa Cum Laude, she couldn't imagine what it might be about. What she did know was that whatever it was, she needed to get it squared away quickly! She was on a strict schedule as far as her life went. She already had a promising position at one of the top forensic teams in Dayton, back near where she was from.

She stressed about it enough that she couldn't read before class, she got no studying done for her finals. She always studied before the lecture, she had a full half hour before it started once she sat down.

She looked up at the professor again, wondering why he wouldn't tell her what it was about. He was a tall man, middle aged with some silver at his temples. He looked like a man who never smiled and she knew he never made jokes like some professors did. He was super strict with turning assignments in on time and he was very no nonsense. She'd actually liked that about him, it didn't allow for distractions in his class. He always switched between the same 5 outfits, one for each day of the week. Today, Tuesday, was the burgundy sweater vest with the plaid button down shirt with the burgundy stripes mixed among the blue ones on a white background. He wore it every Tuesday without deviating. Wednesday would be the light blue button down with the tan jacket and corduroy elbow patches. Very cliche, but it looked like he had been wearing it for the past 15 years. He was orderly, neat, patterned. She had admired that.

Now he was deviating and she did NOT like that. He was about to throw her world out of sync, she just knew it.

Was it about the last assignment? Her grade on the practice test for finals? Her Thesis? She was so stressed about it, she felt sick.

By the time the other students arrived, she had worked herself into knots and was coming very close to tears.

The lecture was boring, reiterating important things they had already gone over, things that would be on the finals. She listened, but with half an ear as she made bullet notes.

When it finally ended, she stayed seated, watching him warily.

"In my office please, Miss Eberhart," he spoke as he motioned to the side door down on the speaking floor.

She went down slowly, dreading what he was about to say to her.

He held the door for her, then closed it. "Have a seat," he motioned at the chair in front of his desk.

She sat warily, watching him.

He moved in front of her, leaning back on his desk as he looked down at her.

"Kinley," he began, his voice softer than usual. "I have had you in class all year and this is the first time we have really spoken to each other. The other students have come to me asking for extensions, or with questions and sob stories. You have not. You are about to graduate, leave here forever. I wanted to speak to you before you left."

"About? Is something wrong? My test, or..."

"No. Nothing like that at all. Kinley... I have come to admire you quite a bit. Your determination, drive, passion for learning. They way you have such a solid routine and you never deviate from it. Ever."

"I... Thank you sir?"

"You can call me John. You are practically out of school now and in a few days I won't be your professor anymore. All that is left is finals. What are your plans after graduation?"

"I am going home."

"Back to Ohio?"

"Yes? How did you know that?"

"Your records, Kinley. Admittedly, I have taken a great interest in you. I have never been one for romance or dating or even trying... but I never before felt like I had a soulmate. Not until you came along. I feel safe now in telling you that I have been admiring you from afar for some time now. I wanted to ask if I might take you to dinner Friday evening."

Kinley felt poleaxed. He wanted a DATE? It wasn't about her grades or anything important at all? Just... another skeezy professor wanting to bang a college girl?

"I'm sorry Professor Gates, I don't date. If I were to date, I would still say no. I'm sorry, you are old enough to be my father. I think you are older than my father."

"Age doesn't matter, all that matters is that we are consenting adults! And I know your rule on dating, you didn't want it to interfere with school. School is practically over!"

"I said no thank you," she said, standing up and hitching her bag on her shoulder.

"Just a moment," he said quickly, standing and stepping closer, forcing her to sit down. "We can talk about this. It's just dinner, a little time to talk and get to know one another."

"I said no! I am not going to be another conquest for your wall of shame in the teachers lounge," she said angrily, scooting her chair back so she could stand.

He followed. "I have NEVER spoken to a woman like this! In class or out! I told you, I do not date! I have never dated! I have never seen anyone I thought might be a match, who met my exacting standards. You do. I think the least you could do is have dinner and give me a chance!"

"I said no! I am not going to date you! If you don't let me up and let me leave, I will call campus security!"

"Don't be ridiculous!" he said angrily, backing up a step. "I was only trying to speak to you!" he called to her back as she got up and ran out.

She shook during her walk to the dining hall. That had been... uncomfortable. And intense. He wasn't the first teacher to hit on her, but he was definitely the most odd. The others were more sly about it, dropping hints, asking plans, suggesting. When she made it clear she wasn't interested, they backed off quickly. So did most of the college boys.

She stayed stressed the rest of the day, but the next morning she was back to her routine.

Thursday, she thought about it briefly as she walked to his class, but she was sure he wouldn't mention it. It was finals, he wouldn't even be thinking about it.

She went in to her seat and he hardly glanced up, his face going red when he did. She opened her book, but kept glancing up. Every time she did, he looked away quickly, pretending he hadn't been watching her.

She almost got up to wait outside, but she decided she didn't want to be chased away. It was her last day in his lecture hall.

The others arrived and he handed out the finals. He left her to last, moving to her and holding the booklet out. She tried to take it, but he held it firmly until she looked up at him. He stared her in the eye for a moment before finally letting it go.

The test was a breeze, she had studied it enough, she flew through it. She stood when she finished and hurried down to hand it to him, then turned to leave.

"Miss Eberhart, I will speak to you in my office a moment."

"About?"

"Now."

She went in reluctantly, glancing back at the other students who had their heads down, testing. They would all hear her if she screamed.

She sat down as he came around with his hands in his pockets. "We perhaps had a miscommunication Tuesday," he said quietly.

"No. I clearly said no. I did not miscommunicate, it's a hard no."

"I explained to you that I have never once in my life asked a woman to dinner. Ever. That you were the exception and I don't think you understand the magnitude of that. You are the only woman I have ever approached this way in my life. I need you to understand the honor I am giving you in this."

"I get it, I meet your standards. You do not meet mine. I want to leave," she snapped, standing.

He put a hand on her shoulder. "Sit down until I finish!"

"If I scream, they will all come down here," she said through her teeth.

"You do not want to do that," he said congenially. "I know you. I know you got a perfect grade on this test. What was shocking though, was finding this cheat sheet on you when you stood up. It slipped out of your papers. That would make everyone wonder how you got perfect grades all year," he shrugged, waving the paper he had picked up off his desk.

"That... that's not fair! I worked hard for my grades!"

"What isn't fair is you not even giving me a chance!"

"Do it then! I will tell them you skeezed on me, retake every single final under the eye of a panel and then charge YOU with sexual harassment! I am going into law enforcement, asshole, you are not going to bully me with some bullshit like this! I said no, get over it!" she yelled, more than loud enough for everyone in the lecture hall to hear. She stormed out angrily. "Creepy old asshole!" she grated, going up the stairs to the exit.

"You cool?" one of the other students called to her.

"Eyes on your test or you get a zero!" Professor Gates snapped.

Kinley was out the door and several steps away before she had to stop and calm herself. Wipe angry tears from her eyes. The nerve of that piece of shit! Trying to blackmail her into dating him! She should go to security.

Did she want to do that? This close to graduation, open a case against someone and put her off track? She was leaving for home the day of graduation. She wouldn't be able to if she was pressing charges and in a legal battle. They might hold off letting her graduate until it was all cleared up. No. He wasn't worth it. She was leaving soon and she never had to lay eyes on him again.

Unless he tried to fuck with her finals score, just to be petty. Then she would go after him with everything.

A few short days later, she was on a plane and headed home, glad it was all finally over.

Now her life could begin. She even started her new job next Monday, it was all rolling seamlessly into place. She was picking up the keys to her apartment in two days, that gave her almost two days at home with her parents. It was perfect. Her timeline, her schedule, it was all on track.

By that weekend, she was moved into her apartment, everything unpacked and put away, and she smiled at her ceiling as she lay in her bed Friday evening after making it with her new linens.

Her phone chirped and she knew who it was.

'Hey Kin, ready?'

'Not even 7 yet' she texted back.

'Almost there.'

Kinley groaned. Her best friend was a little like her, but also not. Sasha had to be early to everything, she was a stickler about it. It drove Kinley crazy even though she should be used to it.

She went to her closet to see what she had to wear. She had found nothing by the time Sasha arrived.

"You aren't even ready!" Sasha wailed.

"No, it's not even seven! We aren't even supposed to be there until after eight!"

"I want to be early!"

"An hour?"

"Not a whole hour, but early! Come on, Kin, it's my birthday!"

Kinley sighed and went back to her closet, Sasha following her.

"Don't you own any dresses yet?"

"No, slacks and blouses or pants suits."

"You are so boring. Ok, those jeans there with the shredded fronts."

"Those aren't even mine, mom threw them in with my stuff, they are Mels."

"Well, you two are the same size, you can wear them tonight. And here, this shirt... but without that silk undershirt."

"It's shear without it!"

"I know. Here, wear this bra."

"I am NOT wearing it like that. I will wear this shirt. It is my ONLY shirt that isn't either work or comfort."

"It could work, let's look at your jewelry. It needs a necklace."

"Only one I have is Mema's Cameo choker."

"Seriously? Ugh. We need to go shopping. You have earrings, right?"

"Diamond studs and pearl studs."

"Good gravy girl. Diamond. Wear those shoes and I will do your hair and make-up."

"I don't have any make-up."

"I know. I brought my kit. Come on, we have to hurry."

Half an hour later, Kinley was scowling in Sasha's car, feeling uncomfortable. She wasn't a dress up and go out kind of person and she was WAY underdressed for the place Sasha wanted to go. They were also WAY early for a nightclub.

It was fairly dead inside and Sasha happily told her they had their choice of good seats now. Kinley didn't care about a good seat.

Sasha ordered them both drinks and Kinley scowled at her.

"We will get an Uber! Come on, it's my birthday! Celebrate with me and stop being a fuddy duddy!"

Kinley rolled her eyes and took a sip, then sat and talked with Sasha about college and what had been happening back home while she was gone. They talked until the place got crowded and the music got too loud to talk. They were both asked to dance and at first, Kinley turned them all down, but she got bored sitting there alone while Sasha danced.

She danced with the next guy who asked, moving out close to where Sasha was.

The guy leaned in. "I'm Trent!"

"Kelsey!" she lied.

"You're really hot, Kelsey!"

"Thanks!"

"You on insta?"

"No, none of those. Social media is a hard no with the company I am going to work for."

"What is that?"

"Dayton PD."

"Shit, law enforcement, huh? Intern?"

"No."

"You can't be old enough to..."

"I am," she said, cutting him off. "Short doesn't mean young."

"No, I mean, you just look young. Too young to have finished college."

"More than police officers work at the PD.!"

"Yeah? So what do you do?"

"Here to unwind, Trent, not tell my life story to every dude I dance with."

He grinned. "Maybe I want you to dance with only me tonight?"

"You sure? Don't want anyone thinking you are a pedo!" she said innocently, then left the dance floor.

Asshole. Why did guys always think it was ok to make fun of her height? As if that had any bearing on who she was? She hated guys who came out the gate with 'you're hot' and 'you're short'. Not that it mattered, she wasn't ready to date yet anyway. One year on the job, that was her timeline. After one year, she could start dating tentatively. No marriage before 5 years on the job and no kids ever.

"Hello, Kinley,"

Kinley jerked her head up as Professor Gates sat down on the bench seat next to her, trapping her against the wall. "What the hell are you doing here?!?" she demanded.

"It's my summer break. Thought I would travel. I thought you lived in Camden? Wasn't expecting to see you here."

"Bullshit! You knew I was moving here, you knew I had a job here. And look around. This is not your scene, you are the oldest person here by far and that includes the people who work here!"

"It's not your scene either, Kinley. I'm not overly fond of your clothing tonight. You usually dress more conservatively. I prefer that to... this," he said distastefully, motioning at her tank top and jeans.

"I don't care what you like! What the hell is wrong with you? Are you stalking me? Do I need to call the police?"

"Kinley, my grandparents are buried here in Dayton. I put flowers on their graves today. We happened to be at the same place and I said hello, that's all. You don't have to make it something it isn't. I saw you and I wanted to speak to you. Since we are both here and you don't work until Monday, why not go out with me tomorrow evening?"

"No! I am never going out with you! You're a creep and you're old and I have no interest in you at all!"

"Do not be rude, Miss Eberhart!" he hissed. "You are younger, that is true! And that means sometimes I might need to take you in hand if you do not act accordingly!"

"Are you out of your mind? Do you KNOW where I work? One word to Uncle Delmont and he will bury you! I am about to leave here and go get an ex parte against you!"

"You are being over dramatic! Look, Kinley, let's be real, you and I. We are both people who like things a certain way. Need things a certain way. I am telling you that I NEED you in my life and I won't stop until I have convinced you to at least try."

"That's psychotic! I said no! You need to move! Get out of here before I wave over the bouncer."

"It isn't! My grandfather used to tell how he had to ask Gramma out eleven times before she finally said yes and they were married over 60 years! It is love and dedication, going after what you know is destined to be!"

Kinley jumped up in her seat and waved her arms. "HELP!"

"What are you doing?" he hissed as he stood up quickly and looked around at the people who were looking at her and him. The bouncers were coming quickly. "This isn't over!" he growled before hurrying to leave.

"You ok?" one of the bouncers asked.

"Kin?" Sasha yelled from behind him.

"That guy... he followed me here! From college! He asked me out and I said no and he followed me home!"

"You want us to call the cops?"

"I... no. I will go to the police station and file an ex parte. Thanks for coming so quick. Sasha, I'm sorry, I need to go."

"No problem, you ok? Come on."

Kinley let Sasha lead her to the parking lot and her car. Kinley turned to her as she pulled out. "I need the police station."

"Right now? Can it wait till morning? I'm not drunk, but I probably wouldn't pass a breathalyzer."

Kinley sighed and fell back in her seat. "Yeah. Morning is fine. Sorry I wrecked your night."

"No big, it wasn't as fun as I'd hoped anyway. Guys were just trying to get off by rubbing on me, not even pretending to be dancing. Pigs."

Kinley went up to her apartment and climbed into bed, hugging her pillow as her head swam. She'd only had two drinks, but she never drank. She was a lightweight and she knew it. She tried to focus on what she needed to do, the process she needed to follow in the morning, but she just passed out instead.

Her phone chirping woke her up.

'Where are you?'

She looked at the time, then sat up, her head pounding. 'Give me 15' she texted back, jumping up to take something for her headache, clean her face, brush her teeth, pull a blazer on and go. She put her hair into a quick bun on the way.

She hurried in, spotting her uncle right away and went to hug him. "So sorry, Sasha's birthday last night and I had two drinks. Passed out."

"Not a habit, I hope," he said with a fond smile.

"You know me better than that. A once a year thing."

"Good. I waited to order even though I knew you would want the strawberry crepes. It is your go to brunch order since you were seven."

Kinley grinned, glad to see her uncle.

He spent the morning telling her about the department and the work she would be doing, the people she would be working with, who was important and who wasn't. He rambled for over three hours.

When Kinley was finally in her car and pulling into the parking lot of her apartment building, she realized she had never mentioned Professor Gates to him. She still needed to file an ex parte too.

Later. She needed a shower and a nap in the worst way, her head was throbbing.

She passed out wrapped in her towel, then jerked awake moments later.

Not moments, it just felt like moments. It was dark out now and her apartment was dark. She sat up, pulling the towel out of her hair as she stood to go find the lightswitch. She was pulling off her towel so she could get pajamas on when she heard a noise behind her.

She jerked the towel shut, spinning around and backing to the door.

"Easy, Kinley," Professor Gates said gently.

Kinley opened her mouth to scream, but his hand was on her mouth quickly as he jerked her close.