The Ranger: Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can bring over a couple of the barrels to handle all of the people." Beau volunteers pointing over at two sitting in the corning of the kitchen.

"Everyone stays geared up for the next week, Bjorn is apparently back, not sure if he stops here, he seems curious about us, the ruins are going to be disturbed and we should have patrols started anyway."

"Patrols?" Katelyn repeats, how do you want them setup?

"Two people, on the Hall roof, two hour shifts to keep it from being a chore? They have the pots with them to set off the signal if needed.

"We have guards? What is the real reason?" Mertil asks, but I think she just wants me to say it.

"My little locating spell won't work when I'm gone, you and Beau live in the first place issues would happen from the north or from the dock." She doesn't give up her look at me.

"Would you rather I have Katelyn's team follow you around?"

"No."

"Did anyone ask Evaine to ask Bjorn if he plans on stopping here once they are done in Two Rivers?" None of them thought of it at the time.

"Okay, if Severan shows up today, we let him know about maybe taking his boat around and then back down if the council doesn't move him.

"I'll get with Jamison after breakfast," Katelyn walks over, leans down from behind, turning my head and gives me a long kiss. This is the first time she's done anything like this in front of everyone, I'm not going to fight a kiss as hot as this. She pulls away and looks at her two friends. "Told Kae last night about your unique dynamics, might want to get them out in the open now that we all know."

"Kate! That was for us to tell." Mertil replies.

"Shush, now is the time to get it all out there." Katelyn stops in the doorway, "Come over for breakfast, or lunch, when you are done." She smiles and walks out.

"What did she tell you?" Mertil asks as she and Beau glance at each other.

"We both were wondering why you two thought I would be upset that you were entertaining each other? Beau, do you have anything to drink?" Beau nods and walks into the kitchen, reaching down into the floor straining her shorts, ass up, with Mertil and I watching.

"We wanted to wait to see what was happening," Mertil replies without looking away from Beau.

"I've never seen shorts like that since I've been here?" I reply with Beau looking back at us.

"Hmm, thanks." She looks between the two of us and gives her ass a shake. "Nice to know both of you appreciate them." Mertil looks back at me.

"Yesterday was a big jump, this morning takes it much farther, things are moving fast, how do we handle this?" Mertil asks finally looking at me.

"Just like this, you sound much more confident, since all of this started, And just to be clear, talking about this is probably the sexiest thing to happen in my last or current life."

Mertil smirks at me and takes her empty cup, looks in it, and then stands up, she takes a step towards the kitchen and stops as Beau brushes her hip against Mertil bringing me a drink. She straddles my legs leaning back just a bit and hands me the cup, her elbows on the table.

"Mertil is a bit conservative until she gets comfortable with the situation. I'm happy to let either of you direct the activities." I take a drink as all the talking has dried my throat and look over to Mertil, she fills her cup with whatever Beau has on the shelves like she's done this many times before, stirring the fire in the potbelly stove, pouring more water into the pot and setting it back to heat up.

She has been watching both of us and gives me an inquiring look as she walks back stirring her drink. "I'm still a bit tinder."

Sitting in her chair she looks under the table and scoots back a little, looks at me, and smiles looking down at the table and back at me.

"You want Beau under the table?"

"Mmmhmm, she says taking a sip.

Beau wastes no time stepping off my lap to the side, looks between the two of us and ducks under the table, I push back as there is no room for her to fit, lifting my hips when Beau pulls on my pants.

Mertil's eye's and face soften as she watches the back of Beau's head come up and can see her movements licking me from base to head.

"Kae? Is this Katelyn?" Beau asks coming off.

"Oh, yeah, we had some time before coming over." I forgot about that.

"Shhh, get back to work dear." Mertil looks at me. "Kae, how many times a day are you having sex?"

"Does dream sex with Cynthia count?"

'It does.' Cynthia sends it immediately.

Looking around as they walked Evaine noticed there was no clutter, no dust, and rooms with furniture she'd never seen before. Coming up to double doors into a room with a dozen chairs facing a very long table, half of the chairs behind the table were filled with half a dozen mages, four male and two female, all of the staring at her. Thankfully Soviet didn't take any of the seats moved in front and pointed where to stand next to him when he stopped.

"Evaine Tarrowin, welcome, I hear you have come to register?" The women at the far end of the table addressed her, stood up and started walking towards her.

"I was told to do this, yes." Evaine replies, and almost took a step back as the women walked right into her space.

"May I check the nature of your gifts?"

"Uh, yeah, sure, yes."

"Have no worries, we do this with children, you shouldn't feel but a warmth spread through you." The woman takes her hand and it feels like what Kae does, but without all the great feelings.

"You'll have access to the same gifts as Kaethorn," the woman turns and walks back to her seat.

"So it's true, this Kaethorn was able to pass his abilities on. How did he do this with you?" The man in the middle asks.

"The same way she just did it." Evaine answers.

"Nothing else?"

"No sir, exactly the same way, It feels different and quite a bit more."

"Describe it." He asks and she blushes.

Evaine thought for a moment, "Like pouring the entire contents of a barrel into a cup when Kae does it, and having the Goddess acknowledge her blessing after."

"Ahh the Goddess." He smiles at her, "And all of it came from this 'Kae' telling you it was so?"

"No sir, a messenger from the Goddess appeared and told me, she also told me to come here and register, get two representatives to Two Rivers and remove Viscount Aberdeen to be replaced by our town's Mayor."

"What did this messenger look like?" The man next to the first guy asked.

"A woman, as tall as Soviet here, pale skin and golden hair, wearing mage robes like yours but also a sword and shield."

"You reported that this same apparition showed herself to you?" The first man asked Soviet.

"Yes, she."

"Do you believe her to be an emissary of the gods?"

"That is outside of my abilities, I leave that to those of you that are better suited."

"Did she seem an apparition from another plane?"

"Yes sir, talked of the future as if it was the present."

"Miss Tarrowin, once registered we would have you spend the next few years studying and training here until you are ready to go out on your own. Lead Soviet here also informed us of your request for this transfer of power, why would we want to go through all of this?"

"You want to know if the messenger is real, if you take me to Two Rivers, Bjorn the skaldian arrives, I tell him what happened, and he removes the Viscount, that should do it, no?

"You present your case well." The woman that delved into her says with a smile.

"I'm scared to death and just want to get all of this over with." Evaine answers and the woman laughs.

"I can understand, though I remind you this is a good thing, you now have access to things the Mayors and Viscounts do not. If I understand this correctly, you are requesting relocation from here to Two Rivers, and then transportation from Two Rivers to, uh,"

"Riverside, Ma'am."

"Yes, Riverside, and in return for those two services, the council is seen to remove a viscount that tried to evade payment to the skaldian by selling some of his women citizens into slavery, and then attacked your town to do the same a second time when the first failed, doing so with an acknowledge mage as a target."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"I watched the second attempt a few times, I must say it was satisfying to see you ladies come out of that victorious."

"We had a good teacher and more at stake."

"But what we haven't discussed, is this is the second time the council's orders are being ignored." The first man to talk started.

"You've asked Kae to do what nobody else has wanted to do for decades and he is a day or two away from starting your request." Evaine answers.

"Soviet," The main guy asks, "you had news about the ruins?"

"Mr. Kaethorn spoke with the area wolves, there are supposedly wolves in the ruins and it sounds like they are infected. The wolves wish to accompany us to take care of their own." Soviet gives the smallest of shrugs.

"I expect more than a few wolves have wandered in, and if they were also infected," Soviet replies deadpanning, "it will be a cleanout operation before the search can start."

"Evaine, let me walk you out while they talk strategies," Miss Fiona walks Evaine out of the room.

"Loved you in that dress, during the battle, how fast they went down."

"Uh, Thanks."

"All of this in a few weeks? Imagine a year from now."

"I'm imagining sunshine, peace, and growth," Evaine replies.

"Yes, but if that doesn't happen and you get tired of the little town, come see me, our positions are based on our abilities and influence, I currently have the most and you the least at the moment, but I expect you'll grow fast. You'd get the same level tasks as Soviet, have whatever you wanted, go where you wish."

"We'll see, I can't leave Kae as he gave me all of this." Evaine is trying to take in this full on assault, she hadn't expected an offer, especially one that sounds too good to be true, all her previously too good to be true gifts had no strings attached to them, Council Chair Fiona, doesn't seem the type to give without receiving.

"I expect he's the only one to show you how to use your new gift, just keep me in mind when you are done."

"I can do that."

Miss Fiona walks over and pushed a door open, "Soviet, come on!" She turns back to Evaine, "Time to go?"

"Yes ma'am, I'd rather be early than late."

"Forget about Tobias, I'll take you two there, I'd like to see what happens in person." Miss Fiona, steps back and waves Soviet over to stand next to me.

"When do you expect them to arrive?" Miss Fiona asks looking around the docks for a longboat.

"Midday, is the time she said." Evaine answers taking Fiona's hand.

"I've seen the skill Locate Creature, but not to the extent that Mr. Kaethorn is using it, how far does he reach out?"

"Hard to tell when its Kae or Divine intervention." Evaine replies figuring that would give them pause on going after Kae.

"She takes over Kae's job when we are in the ruins." Soviet says to Miss Fiona, "She'll have go to the woods north of town to communicate."

"Soviet?!" Evaine is shocked he just tells her that.

"What? It's not a secret Evaine, both of us will be down there, you are the first person they can contact now that you are registered."

The first sign of the two longboats came into view, Bjorn was more interested in Soviet and Fiona Tarrowin, having never met Evaine. After the introductions Evaine went over the second failed attempt to capture the women, sending them back in a boat with two survivors, and the woman Cinthia in Kae said Bjorn would be here today and to meet him here.

"Kae sent you to me?" Bjorn looks her up and down, again.

"Be careful, Kae made her like him, she's a registered mage now." Miss Fiona says in a tight voice, she doesn't appear to like him.

"That would explain your presence, what is it you want of me?" Bjorn turns to face Fiona, she's a pain in the ass, but she is all bite and very little bark so staying on her good side meant living.

"Get what you are owed and take the Viscount with you." Fiona states.

"Ahh, do you mind if he doesn't make it all the way back home?" Bjorn asks and starts walking down the street.

"At least halfway would be nice." Evaine answers and Bjorn laughs as he starts walking down the street towards the Viscounts office, he made a mage, and the council is working with him, things are getting interesting.

*Thank you if you made it this far, we are going to get a little deeper next chapter. Love the support, love it!

12