The Ranger: Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry if I am not understanding, 'You' live in Akelerg? And someone from here has your items?"

Tia motioned to Boulder who took them the papers that showed the relics that were missing and the two people who had them.

"Tia is the Wyvern that lived there and recently returned, she has heard a good bit of her gold shipped here has caused Laugardur to grow quickly, she is only interested in these items."

"Uh, I see," the first sheen of sweat showing up at this point. "How can we be sure the items were yours to begin with?" He says and I almost smile when he notices two of the council members backed away from him and gave them a look.

"My companion and I have come from Myread, it has been verified, we received the archived details from the quartermaster in Wistoverpor, and have already obtained an item from the Gnome Merchant Lord Togrin Darkdust, showing their accuracy.

"Is Myread also offering compensation for the loss of the items?" He asks and I am beginning to think he might have one of them.

"How much time do you need to get the items to the Foxfire Inn? Tonight or in the morning would be best." I answer and nobody says anything. "If there is a problem we are going to need to get it fixed, now."

"Hold on, you say you represent Myread?" A young man walks into the room. I am the Myread representative here, how do I not know about this?

"Ask Fiona." I answer and surprise shows before he settles down, "How have I never seen you before, considering all of this? Can you prove you are the Wyvern?" He says looking the elf up and down.

"What is your name, I ask the now sweaty council leader."

"Leoric and that is our mage council Hamlin."

"Councilman Leoric, there isn't enough space in here for Tia to 'prove' who she is and I'm sure you've heard the rumors of her flying us from city to city for the last few days." I see a few of them have heard.

"Cast any spell you wish on me human," Tia motions to Hamlin, "as you know, I am immune."

He looks at me and I shrug, "Don't look at me, we aren't here to protect an immortal wyvern from the likes of you, we are here to help her get them back with the least amount of damage possible."

"Wait! No, please," Leoric reaches inside his linen vest and pulls a dagger out, "is this one of them?" he holds out a dagger and she nods.

"It is." Tia motions to Sandy, who walks over, takes it and returns to hand it to her, "Hold onto it for me, dear." Sandy places it on her other side and has a hand on both of her daggers, along with her bow, she had to be the deadliest goblin to ever live.

"I have another at home and we know where the other items are located." Leoric looked defeated.

"Do you know of the illegal enslavement of the gnomes by the Uzd?" Tia asks.

"We have heard from the same Togrin you mentioned earlier, but have nothing to do with any of that." He answers as if more trouble was coming his way.

"For your help, I'd like to offer you a reward," Tia smiles for the first time. "Be at Lord Darkdust's manor in two days, stand with us as "I" inform them that they will stop poaching gnomes and return the ones taken, and we will ensure your name is added as the Kingdom of Holderland's representative in the accords. Lord Merchant Darkdust, myself, my Myread helper Kaethorn, and you."

"Yes, absolutely, we will have this resolved by morning and," Leoric looks over at Hamlin, "can you get me there tomorrow?"

"I can," Hamlin replied, "I am also interested in this event."

"Thank you madam, uh," Leoric says stuttering.

"Tia is fine Leoric," Tia smiles, turns, and leaves, I nod for the others to follow.

"Leoric?" I say and he looks from Tia to me, "Having her as an ally to Holderland is a big deal." Turning to Hamlin, "You can teleport?" He nods.

"If you head back to Myread, tell Fiona I'll be back faster than expected," I say and chuckle as he makes a face like I'm lying to him.

"Can we have your Lavender Oil?" Yesime asks me as we enter the Inn, it's midday so, mostly empty.

"Sure, it was going to be used as a gift if needed, and it seems, needed," I answer based on the pleading face they are all making at the moment.

"Thank you, Kae, I find it to be wonderful," Tia says walking around the table, she likes to see the door, I grab everyone's bags with Boulder and we take them to the rooms.

"Will you practice with it?" Tia is asking Sandy.

"I can practice with Severan and Soviet."

"I can show you, I did spend some time in that world." Boulder offers.

"Practice with your newest item?" I ask sitting at the table.

"Yes, Tia told me to use it if out of wildshapes and, uh, if they get too close," Sandy says left hand resting on the hilt.

"Wait, both of them?" I was talking about the one I got her, the other one is a mythical artifact.

"I have no need for it at the moment and you seem to attract trouble," Tia replies, I so want to state that most of the issues is because of her, but that seems a bad idea.

*Going to end this one here, we have 5 or so chapters ahead, also writing the Midgardian and will get it here once Oliver is old enough. Thanks to a reader: Boomer is going to join the Ranger soon.

12