All Comments on 'The Ravishment of Young Judy'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
BillPellBillPellover 5 years ago
Story has a good foundation.

The dialog was solid and the descriptive details made it very interesting. Didn't check for spelling or grammar. The wry narration to setup and conclude the story and was humorous and effective. But, I did not find the encounter at the heart of the story all that compelling. Neither the protagonist or the sub seems to have experienced any interesting or significant change.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 5 years agoAuthor
Spoiler alert

If anybody really is following this!

Probably it's true that not much significant changed for the protagonists in this one encounter. These 1970s college stories were intended to be part of a larger work (maybe a novel) which I may eventually try to pull together. Anyway, I've realized this much about the characters:

1. Being (relatively) modern college students, they're a bit feckless and maybe even crass. The role playing games are a way for them to provide interest to otherwise tentative young relationships.

2. The other girl (Michelle) and Judy will both break up with the narrator within two months of this. They claim to want more "mature, exclusive" relationships.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...