The Saga of Tallia the Unwilling Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Gods on high and in hell," said Tallia, "I'm involved with a verbose scholar and the world's most talkative thief. I'm never going to get a word in edgewise, am I?"

"No," the pair said in unison, kissing Tallia on each of her cheeks. And then they all cuddled together once more and quickly fell into exhausted sleep.

Their love making had distracted them for a time from thinking about the dangerous and uncertain errand that lay ahead. Tomorrow, they would all again face Arion Three-Eyes in his sanctum. They would face him together but without the Eater of Magic. And really, what hope did they have against the wizard's unopposable will?

What chance did they have against the All-powerful Eye?

***

Arion Three-Eyes heard the sounds of a dozen signal horns blaring at once.

He readied himself for an attack, but after several long minutes, nothing. He summoned his major domo. "What the hell is going? Are we under attack?"

Diagoras bowed. "No, just a skirmish, my master. The little rogue and the mysterious archer fired a few arrows at the front gate. They killed a pair of our soldiers and wounded two more. Even now the beast-men are pursuing them in force."

"What? They're still alive?!" said the wizard with great exasperation. "Have we had any report back from Rontus or Burning Horn?"

"No, my most murderous and magnificent master. I will send them to you as soon as they return. I have a suspicion what has happened, though."

"Well, spit it out," said Arion.

"I think that Rontus and his band must have killed the rest and flushed out these two," explained Diagoras. "They are the quickest and most agile of our enemies, so they fled and escaped at least for now. This ridiculous and futile attack was their desperate attempt to avenge the death of their friends. I believe your huntsmen will soon return and report their success."

"Yes." said Arion. "Yes! That makes sense. Why else attack the front gate, our strongest point, unless they were truly out of options? Hah, hah! So Rontus flushed out two rabbits, did he? Magnificent!" The wizard's mood seemed to genuinely improved. "And the raiding parties, they've been dispatched?"

"Of course, my master."

"They'll be returning then in the next few days and then the fun can really begin. Send in the hunters as soon as they return, Diagoras, and let me know as soon any of the slaving parties return. Other than that, leave me be for now. I must prepare for the arrival of our new guests. It's going to be just the like good old days again, my friend. I'll craft a new army and soon I'll be lord of Denggang."

"Of course, my master. All hail the Eye!"

The wizard waved away his major domo and only once he was gone, laughed in delight. He spoke aloud in his hollow, empty sanctum only to himself, "At last, my moment of triumph is at hand!"

To be continued in Chapter Eleven: Shoot it Straight in the Eye...