The Savage Island Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The island is called "Udur" in the native language. While it is not very large but it is mostly lush green and full of vegetation. There is a sweet water lake, a dense forest as well as a mountain range from east to west, which divides the island into two disconnected halves. In the centre of the mountain range there is a narrow pass. There is an ancient stone castle there which blocks the pass completely. The castle is considered sacred by the locals called "Ghudon Daae" which means "Temple of Breeding". This Ghudina is the singular goddess of these people. "Ghudina" means "Mother Queen" or "Breeding Queen" in the native language. She is also a living person, or at least was, before you killed her.

In the Ghudon Daae, Ghudina lives with her consorts, children and shamans. The inner part of the Ghudon Daae castle is called Ghudon which roughly translates to "Breeding Chambers." This part of the castle is strictly forbidden and off limits to everyone except Ghudina and only a special group of men. All other men and women are forbidden to enter the Ghudon. "Daae Harel" is the southern part of the Ghudon Daae, strictly for selected dwarf men and the young male offspring of Ghudina, it is connected to the Harel Village, which I will explain later. "Daae Haisa" is the northern part of the Ghudon Daae, strictly for selected dwarf women and the young female offspring of Ghudina, it is connected to the Haisa Village, which too will be explained to you later.

The tribal society is divided into distinct classes, with each class performing their duties honestly and loyally. Males are of three classes, the "Harel", "Bulgo" and "Nedu". Females are the "Haisa" and "Ghudina". You will think how come Ghudina, a living person is considered goddess in this society. Please read on, you will understand.

The first category of males are the "Harel" or the "pure fruits", who are one of the three classes of males in the Udur and the second most abundant of the entire demographic. They are primarily soldiers, hunters, guards and builders and stay in the Harel Village situated in the southern side of Ghudon Daae. Some of the Harel stay inside the Ghudon Daae who specifically look after the young male offspring of Ghudina. The Harel are completely sterile and their expected lifespan is around 35-40 years.

Among the Harel only twelve are chosen in three sets of four to serve as the personal attendant and servants of Ghudina who you have been seeing in the black robes. They are called "Pa-Harel" or the Harel priests or shamans. They also are the administrative, religious and social conduits through whom Ghudina rules the rest of the Harel.

The second category of males are the Bulgo or "the chosen" who live in the Ghudon. They start out in the Daae Harel until the "Bulgora" or "choosing ceremony" when they reach eighteen years of age. They stay sequestered inside the Ghudon and are strictly forbidden to go out of the Ghudon where they must live out their lives. They are much less in number than the Harel, but unlike the Harel the Bulgo are virile well developed men, mostly acting as reproducing males. They do not do anything else. Their expected normal lifespan is around 50-55 years.

The third category of males are the The Nedu or "the pet" and only other inhabitants of Udur except Ghudina who apparently cannot die of natural causes! As has been revealed they are also the chink in the armour of the all powerful Ghudina and her life is connected to the life of the Nedu. He is also the most devoted to the Ghudina and lives on a strict diet of something called "Ghuna" or "birth milk," that Ghudina provides him. The Nedu must be an outsider and cannot be an Udur born.

Among the females the first category is the "Haisa" or the "pure flowers". They are one of the two classes of females in the Udur and the most abundant of the entire demographic. They are primarily farmers, foragers, weavers and miscellaneous workers who stay in mud huts in their Haisa village. Except the select few who stay in the Daae Harel as nannies to Ghudina's young female offspring. The Haisa are completely forbidden to enter the Ghudon.

Twelve Haisas are promoted Pa-Haisa" who are the priestesses by Ghudina, who are the religious and social heads of the Haisa called "Pa-Haisa".

The Harel and Haisa are completely separated with only the Pa-Haisa and Pa-Harel allowed to meet the other group, in special circumstances. A normal Harel would never see another Haisa and vice versa. Both the groups are by design geographically separated which stops any inter gender mingling.

I initially wondered what the point was as they all are sterile anyway and Haisa do not pose any threat to Ghudina's sexual monopoly. But after talking to the shamans and their religious beliefs I realised that the Udur acknowledge that sexuality is not just breeding. Apparently such social and geographical segregation of the Harel and Haisa are intended to avoid building any emotional or friendly intimacy between the opposite sexes which even without physical sexuality can become a strong force and challenge Ghudina's supremacy at some point. The segregation helps Ghudina maintain absolute control over both the groups.

Last but not the least the second class female in the island is "Ghudina" who alone constitutes the whole category. There can only be one of her. She is the single most powerful person in the island of Udur. She is central and key to survival of the entire tribe. She is the political, economic, social, biological and religious head of the tribe as well as the military, administrative and judicial chief of Udur. She is also the owner of all properties in the island. She is revered as a living goddess and is the mother of the entire populace.

From what we have both witnessed with the last Ghudina being invulnerable to your knife attacks and what I have learned from the Pa-Harel and Pa-Haisa, Ghudina has superhuman powers, which gives her immorality and anti aging powers along with increased fecundity to enable her sustain the population of the island."

Harold stopped reading for a moment. He understood the basics, but the whole social structure was incredible and difficult to digest. If he did not know better, he would think Eden has gone crazy. The ramifications of such a society and what it meant for him and his wife, however, are still to be unfurled.

1.6 Realisations:

Harold quietly sat trying to assimilate and understand the incredible social structure he just read about. A sickening suspicion was growing inside him. What was it? He could not point his finger exactly to what. He decided to keep on reading the rest of Eden's letter.

"My sweet brave husband, a month ago you protected me. But my life has a heavy price.

You know, you would have probably been spared by the deposed queen, who would have likely made you her second Nedu and buried me alive.

I am sure you remember the naked queen and her little under-seat lover. The queen.... she was the living goddess Ghudina and her under-seat lover was her only Nedu. It seems, when Ghudina has a living Nedu she cannot be harmed directly and is almost invulnerable physically. But when you accidentally killed her Nedu, you also took her lifeforce. You fainted but I saw the fat bitch whither into nothing except dry old skin and bones looking like an ancient mummy as she died. I think the island's supernatural power sustained her life and youth far beyond normal human lifespan. There were some other mysterious deaths too with her demise. With her death all the Bulgos who were bonded to her too died. All except five of them, who were scheduled to be bonded with the Ghudina on the very day of she died.

But with Ghudina gone, the only fertile female in the entire island of Udur, the entire tribe is doomed to go extinct. The five unmated Bulgos being around means there is a chance. A chance to somehow give another gift of life to this doomed islanders.

Harold, these tribal are simple folks. Loving and good people, if you can look beyond their weird customs and society or the supernatural forces at work. You will see with time. To not do what is necessary will mean most certain extinction of them. I don't want to be the cause of such genocide.

I was unsure and scared if I could do it. But the Pa-Harel and Pa-Haisa have been explaining things to me, teaching me their language and their way of life. It transpired that the incredible lifespan and powers of Ghudina are not inborn but infused which is sourced from a mysterious mushroom called "Kigla". It is an extremely rare mushroom endemic to a specific cave inside the mountains near Ghudon Daae. It is of course only specific to Ghudina's diet.

The Pa-Harel have been offering me the raw mushrooms everyday and I have been eating it every night before sleeping. The Kigla taste bitter but that is about the only downside to it. I am seeing some great changes in me. Some other changes are in my body including my appetite which has increased a lot and I feel stronger and more energetic than ever before.

Maybe you have guessed it by now. I have accepted their plea to step up as their next Ghudina. With all the Haisa being sterile I am the only sexually mature woman in the entire island after all.

You now have to prove yourself as a suitable candidate to become my Nedu. It is imperative for you to do so. Unless you become my Nedu, they will kill you. The Udur tribe does not accept outsiders as it is."

The parchment fell from Harold's sweaty hands as he had a panick attack - fearing for his life, his freedom, his masculinity, his pride and his self worth.

Harold picked up the pitcher and drank a lot of water. Then he managed to again pick up the scroll and read the rest of the difficult lines in that letter. It did not have much more left

"Besides, their lives and our lives also depend on what we do next. Harold, I cannot delay this any longer as it must be before this full moon. I love you. You know I do, and I always will. But unless you want us to be buried alive we have to play our parts completely.

Tomorrow there will be two ceremonies. First is my ascension to the throne of Udur as the new Ghudina. The Bulgo cannot attend that ceremony as they are not allowed out of the Ghudon Daae. Meeting too many people is not good for them. The only one they should really see is me, and me alone, their Ghudina. Five is a good number to start my harem, don't you think baby? Anyway, I have decided that you also do not go out tomorrow. The walls of Ghudon will keep you safe.

It is best this way baby. Don't you see? This is best for us. Back home what did we really have except each other? We have that here too. I was barely making the rent of my shop. You were still struggling to pay off your student loan. We had that small damp apartment. Here we are the owners of this whole island. It may be primitive but we have the locals in our side it can become our new home.

By the way you will however need attend the second ceremony. It will be my first wedding ceremony here as I marry all five of the Bulgos. I will guide you through it as you will be with me all along.

With Love,

Your Eden.

P.S. I am sure together we will make a great Ghudina Nedu team."

Harold covered his face with his hands -- tears streaming down his face. Fear and hopelessness filled him. Tomorrow he will likely see his wife properly naked for the first time, except the fleeting moments on that day when last queen died.

What kind of life would it be as Nedu. What role does he play Eden's life? Will he be relegated to an under-seat slave like the bald man he killed? A pussy slave? Is that all that was in store for him?

His thoughts went wild and wilder and the sleepless night continued its agony. He did not hear the door from the Ghudon bedchamber open. Two of the Pa-Harel entered his cell. One had a pitcher with him. The other held out a small parchment to Harold.

"Don't worry baby, everything will work out just fine. If you have read my whole letter, just tear this slip and they will give you a something to drink which will help you sleep. I will see you tomorrow."

Harold, paused for a moment. Should he blindly do what she asks of him? He decided without thinking much and tore the slip. The other Pa-Harel offered him the pitcher. Hesitating momentarily, Harold drank it. What choice does he have really? They will probably force it down into this throat if he opposed.

After the Pa-Harel left, as moments passed, sleep claimed Harold.

12