All Comments on 'The Seeker and the Source Pt. 07'

by The_Diddler

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
RiverMayaRiverMayaalmost 4 years ago
BRAVO!

Just that.... BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Awwww that's so sweet. Well done!

Hurray for Aurelia!

It is so rare to see women in these kinds of stories change in evolve in such a way. Absolutely stunning conclusion to this story and I'm really looking forward to the sequel!!!! Also your fiance is incredibly lucky! I'm absolutely jealous that you wrote all of this for her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bloody brilliantly.....

Love it all.

Keep writing regularly please rather than waiting.

You fiancée is lucky to have you and I am sure you are lucky to have found your life partner.

The_DiddlerThe_Diddleralmost 4 years agoAuthor
Author's thank you

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank you guys again for reading The Seeker and the Source and for your amazing comments. I wanted to give special thanks to Yvonne98, your comments were always a delight to receive.

Seriously I won't lie, they helped when the board of Governors, hospital managers and pandemic rode my ass up and down the hallways during this audit. Honestly... "Why don't you get down to a level below me and then I can take the time to explain how this is done" Seriously? if you can't explain your procedure in- You know what? It's over til next year. That's all that matters.

This month I'm taking the missus to our beach house for some NEEDED RnR, so I'll definitely find time to write, and being close to the ocean might help spark Oceandeep and Sea of Dreams. I personally like listening to music before I start writing and sometimes I find songs that I feel accurately describes the relationship of the couple I'm thinking of writing about.

The song that deeply represents Illandriil and Aurelia's relationship in my mind would be 'From Hell with Love' by Beast in Black.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very nice!

It takes a certain kind of dedication to write a novel, much less finish it and plan out a couple more to go along. But you’ve done it and quite well may I say. I would love to see more of your work and hope you don’t lose your passion of writing such enchanting stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Awww

This was the most enjoyable noncon story I’ve read here in ages, and I usually cannot read stories written by guys because they get the female perspective so, so wrong. But I’m pleased to say that I didn’t notice I wasn’t reading a story written by a chick (that’s a compliment!) so yay. And I read the foreword and though it was so touching and sweet. What a lovely gift for your sweetheart. I hope you guys get to get married soon. Looking forward to more stories from you and thank you so much for sharing this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Legit the fucking sweetest forward I have ever read!!!

Jesus Christ that forward was just. Wow. Dude you're like such an amazing guy and I am so happy to see you found your forever. I'm sure she knows she's incredibly lucky but daaaaayum. As a female I tend to stay away from male authors on this site because they usually get the woman's perspective so incredibly wrong. Or they're putting two or more incredibly devoted females with one guy. And like I was genuinely shook when I read that you were a guy. XD

The_DiddlerThe_Diddleralmost 4 years agoAuthor
I want your advice for part 2

So I know I've asked this before in part five's forward but I'm going to post it here as well. Seeing as how you guys have finished reading part 7 I want your suggestions! What could I change about part 2 that still allows for every subsequent event after to remain unaffected?

The finale does take place in a location established in parts 1 and 2, sort of my formulaic way of bringing this story full circle, but every time I sit down to write or pull something out, it ends up detracting from a later event.

I mean I've been reading the whole story over and over and over again since May. so this is all so familiar to me. I need fresh eyes. So I'm open to everyone's opinion.

I'm also hoping the comment I left in part 2 will entice more people into finishing and letting me know their ideas on what I can do.

In the meanwhile I'm debating pulling part 2 down (once the fiancee has finished reading it) until I've finished rewriting it. Cause like I said before, I really don't want to disrespect Reckingball and all they've written.

.

Addressing the writing from a female perspective compliments. Thank you guys so much! I'll be honest here, writing Aurelia's perspective was fairly easy. I asked my partner for a list of her favourite stories. (which she gave with much confusion) Then from there I took an analyst's approach.I picked a few to read, pulled out common tropes, themes, and motivations. Words most commonly used, stuffed into a large excel file.For each character I wrote down their motivation for each location (location: because motivations changed with each change in location) And in the end it ultimately was not about Aurelia being a woman and having a female perspective. I treated her like she was human with a human perspective. Lastly it helped that every character's motivation was very simplistic in my opinion. (I am my own biggest critic)

- C

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good effort

You seem like a really nice guy. A lot of thought was clearly put in your story. Don't give up because of challenges.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So if they are immortal... their kids will never rule?

Just curious since you put so much thought into the pattern of succession. If neither age, will their children? And will they just rule forever?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I love this series - just finished rereading it! Any estimate on when the sequel will be done?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Diddler@The_Diddler
Usually a lurker, wanted to try writing after finding some stories that got abandoned. I do full plot driven stories, sectioned in parts, released over a period of a few weeks (give or take for editing). I'm dyslexic and creative writing isn't my forte but I'm always looking ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES