Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Everyone got what they deserved!

5

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

Very good. 4 stars

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

It's not bad, but the prick is still alive and walking upright. Finish him. The woman is delusional but intelligent. 4 stars, the Bear likes it but it's very intellectual. Not enough emotion. Looking forward to part 3.

The BEAR

Wavedave45Wavedave455 months ago

Pfft of course a woman politician can face this. Just run as a Democrat. They can bring back those pussy hats and just sew teeth on them and it can be her thing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A lot of psychobabble.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story, but.... It's impossible to write about politicians without getting political. If Doris is the "right" Party, she can survive an affair that is portrayed as a "true love" and dump her husband with little consequence. I would remind the author of a Minnesota Congresswoman who dumped her husband of almost 20 years and their children to shack up with and subsequently marry a political consultant to whom she was paying millions of dollars in total. She was re-elected without a hiccup. Of course, she was also re-elected despite her other "marriage" for several years to her brother, but that's another story. If you don't know about whom I talking, then just look at one of the most prominent members of "the Squad," the hard Left darlings of the Legacy Media.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Pity you listend to those who wanted to know what happpend, you should of just left the story where it was, As this was AWFULL

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Well written follow up. An idea, most politicians go to Washington to get rich, doesn’t matter left, right, or middle, perhaps some motivation there.

crazycam69crazycam695 months ago

I’m impressed. I couldn’t see how you could keep the political parties and which they belong to out of the story, but to my pleasant surprise, you’ve done just that. Great job! Can’t wait for the conclusion.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere5 months ago

This did not measure up to part one. In fact, depending on how the next part goes, I'd say this was unnecessary at all.

JH4FunJH4Fun5 months ago
2 Stars

I have to agree with haltwhogoesthere. I enjoyed the 1st one 4 stars.

I hope part 3 brings it back and is as good as the 1st.

I am not worried about if the resolution is RAAC, BTB, or LWL. It is your tale and I consider you a good writer. You are one of my favorites. I have enjoyed many of your tales and the imagery you created with them.

Thanks for taking your time to produce all of your tales for us to consume. I look forward to see your future products.

Keep writing

JH4Fun

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

Didn't have a negative reaction, just not much of a reaction at all. Not really much here compared to part 1. Won't know until part 3, but it might have been better to have both the wife and the campaign manager in the same chapter so there'd be more happening.

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witch5 months ago

no the double standard is true and also depends on the political party as well

IcarusascendingIcarusascending5 months ago

I like the fact that this is a story about politics, but you didn’t inject any actual political views, just broad stroke stuff. That kept the focus on the point of the story and I appreciate that.

njlaurennjlauren5 months ago

I am glad unlike the comments the story didn't make this about any party or whatnot, that isn't the point. It really is about a politician who allows political expediency to overwhelm who they are. When she starts playing to the script that her CM gives her, it also then allows her to go off script, so to speak, and cheat on her husband, that is the point. Once you compartmentalize like that, it allows you to do anything you otherwise wouldn't do.

That is very different than some of the amoral types we have seen, where there is no center agd anything goes, because they have no core beliefs ( this transcends party fwiw).

Not sure what a part 3 will bring to this, because we already know what Doris fell into, we know why she cheated, so not sure more if what this will bring. If it is just explaining what she did that is not really needed. If it is taking the tale forward, where she decides either to be herself and moves forward with or without Paul, that would be worthwhile, if it is just her pontificating on what happened, no.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MormonJackMormonJack5 months ago

This was a unique presentation within LW category, and I thank you! Ha, it's frightening, true and a terribly sad commentary to think that this is how so many people actually operate. It is also a commentary on the senator: clearly her aspirations to become president overshadow the importance of her marriage. I'm not sure she was seduced by her manager, but rather seduced by her position as senator and took a lover (her manager.)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

For god's sake put a story together - not several paragraphs on one topic!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You have opened the Pandora's box on this one, don't you know the US has only to states of being; R or D, M or F, there is no middle ground and the whole of the world is either black or white [and that does not apply to race!]

I am enjoying where this is going if you are brave enough to continue. IF you do think you can scribe a bit more sex into it? after all that's why we are here, shoot cut and paste if you have to. M

Kapturek62Kapturek625 months ago

Interesting...Don't worry about whether it fits this category - write the story as you feel it and post it to LW for continuity's sake.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I don’t see why you had to try so hard to avoid identifying with one party or another. Both parties contain amoral assholes like Paul in them. As a result, you turned Paul into a cartoon character.

.

A better option would have described the guy as a committed ideologue of whatever party you wanted, who then was in lust/love with Doris and subsequently used his manipulative skills to seduce her and thus destroy her marriage. Of course, the story of why and how Doris succumbed to the seduction — hyper ambition combined with an “I’m superior than everyone else” attitude — would be an interesting story….and maybe you are going there in Part 3.

.

But this little vignette really didn’t add much to the tale because in the end, Paul was a cartoon.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well that was a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like the series and premise a lot, but this one was too clinical and stilted. Lacked emotion. Hoping part 3 more resembles part 1.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting approach from ch1 but no resolution to the plot?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Part one was pretty good. Part two sucked.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"Male scandals" survive when WOMEN let them survive.

Nina Burleigh: “I would be happy to give [Bill Clinton] a blowjob just to thank him for keeping abortion legal.”

"I Believe Juanita " By Michelle Goldberg. NY Times Nov. 13, 2017 -- about RAPE accusations, and years AFTER it made any difference.

"I was wrong about Al Franken" - ALSO Michelle Goldberg.

The truth is that the so-called "double standard" could end in an instant if women could forego hypergamy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So far so good. Hope it doesn't become a reconciliation story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice work! Although it makes it a bit easier to write a story like this when all politicians are slime balls and despicable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

In my book this episode is intended to tie parts 1 and 3 together. It interestingly shows what lying worms political people can be.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Disappointed that you sneaked a multi-part story in on us. They should always be announced upfront. But anyway, I decided to give part two a chance. Good thing it was only one page, so I only wasted 10 minutes on it, including some skimming. Two stars. I will skip part three.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

I enjoy your stories, your maturity shows through your writing. However, in this LW category subtlety’s is a fickle mistress & definition an Art form! The best emotions are found in the gray, but hate is always lurking in the dark :). Good luck

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

No need to get political, simply don't name her party.

\

"in which Doris gets to explain her mess and what she intends to do about it." - I don't know what she can do - she promised to break off the affair, and didn't.

\

"I knew better than to trust her husband." - Her husband could be trusted, THEY'RE the ones who broke the agreement.

\

"What about you are contrite" - They already tried contrite, but that only works when you actually change your behavior.

\

"male candidates had survived such scandals - but a woman would not." - I don't claim familiarity with all such scandals, but her problem isn't surviving the scandal, it's saving her marriage.

\

@JH4Fun - "LWL?"

\

@Wavedave45 - or run as a Republican, whose standard bearer bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sorry but this was a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Most politicians are scum. They only move on with a gun to their heads. Now that I feel righteous this last entry is spot on and well written.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

With regret and apologies, 1 star - I do NOT think telling the story of (or from the point of view of) amoral piece of crap is in any way interesting, beneficial, or good or adds any value. Nobody cares (or should care) about thought process of a criminal (which is what cheaters are as well as those they cheat with). I would cordially request that you instead concentrate on recovery for the husband - obviously, non-reconciliation kind is what I'm hoping for.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

Glad you kept the current parties out of it. It only makes 25% of people on one side or the other hate everything about you, even the color of your car.

DreddrasDreddras5 months ago

Male candidates have definitely been brought down by an affair. Just ask Gary Hart.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio5 months ago

I really enjoyed part 1 — the plot twist where Paul goes off script at the end was great! Part 2 (and it looks like Part 3) are more introspections into the viewpoints of Senator Doris and Campaign Mgr. John. I wish the story itself had moved forward. Hopefully, part 3 will start where Part 1 leaves off and has Paul talking to the reporters after the prepared remarks. Something like this: “I discovered my wife’s affair with her Campaign Manager and she admitted it after being confronted with the report, photos and video from my PI. She told me she wanted to work on the marriage and we agreed that the first step would be to dismiss her manager. She also promised that her affair was over and that she would not have any contact, professional and especially personal, with him. Her agreements were merely political subterfuge to get me “back on board,” so to speak. In reality, they continued their illicit behavior behind my back all this past weekend. They also collaborated on the prepared remarks she gave just a few minutes ago, as well as a script I was asked to follow. I will be happy to provide any of you with a copy of what I was supposed to say. It makes me sad that a politician who asks us to trust her cannot even remember her wedding vows.” BTB without blood or bruises!

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Great part 2, causes one to think about what they did and how the parties are received. 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Good follow-up - Look forward to the next chapter.

4.5*

McDingelMcDingel5 months ago

What a despicable character... Great job by the author.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny5 months ago

Hubris... The campaign manager was more in your corner? Really? Someone who's telling you to lie at every turn has your best interests at heart?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just a bunch of trash here

Frank66Frank665 months ago

Well, I complained quite vehemently about Chap. 1 being a good idea but way too short. I apologize, spoke too soon. This was a very clever and humorous tale of the inside of a campaign manager's mindset; that of deceit, deception, and obfuscation. Looking forward to the third part.

JPB: complaining about the lack of notice of a multi-part story? (he did state it in the comments) and giving it a 1 bomb just because? Geez, I guess it's true that the older we get the more we revert back to childhood.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Its really pretty good. Her fuck up was betrayal and arrogance, and contempt for her major constituent, her husband. She will be a smarter operative and a better politician for facing and learning from her betrayal and fuck up. She will Never be a dedicated loyal wife and mother: she thinks she has bigger fish to fry. Like any other narcissistic profession, her future life will be entirely All about her. Sure, she might do some ornamental husband and children, but they will be entirely subsidiary to her career and her ambition. Maybe she'll get a bridge or a building or some other monument to her political career. She will always be the former loyal loving honest wife who turned into a deceiving lying cheating selfish whore, for a job. Let's hope she thinks it was worth it. Its really really difficult to find adequate mediocre politicians to do our drudgery dirty work of running the government. They are clerks running around in purple robes, thinking their shit don't stink. When your job is in the sewer you forget what shit smells like.

\

The only thing she will have done decent as a wife is to cut her husband free. He won't make that mistake again.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

A rare second chapter that actually enhances chapter one. A really good, probably pretty close to realistic situation. Politics is about who tells the best lies, and convinces you to believe or at least accept them. Sort of reminds me of what I believe is the greatest political show of all time, despite the fall of its lead actor, House of Cards. Back when it came out, we really weren’t aware of all the lying, cheating, and dirty dealing that ruled both political parties. It’s uncanny how close it is to being business as usual today, with the addition of the progressive socialist poison. I’ve always disliked politics, and nothing happening the last few years have changed that. Great series, and I’m looking forward to part three and possible reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The irony in this story is just how close to reality it is. If the voters only knew! Like Obi-Wan said "Washington D.C. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

RougeHunterRougeHunter5 months ago

This part shows that, despite the ending part, she is an idiot led by some guys constantly shifting advice. Much like how he wants to manipulate the public, he manipulated her and she took in hook, line, and sinker.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really don't know much nor care about double standards between the sexes. Plenty of them exist. Sometimes men come out on top, sometimes women. When people complain about it like petulant kids expecting changes, good luck! That's when it stops being intellectual converation into tribal sewage.

This was a good part 2. I thought part one was enough, as she really did burn her bridges with her soon to be ex. The constant lying was too much. But you really are going the extra miles to flesh this all out, which is rare here. Appreciated though!

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

While filling in details, he shows zero remorse, and there is no repercussions shown to him at all. He's got to resign or be fired, but there's nothing about that making him radioactive politically so that his career was over. Nothing about any pain to either of them, really. And so, it falls short and unsatisfying. Seeing self justification just tastes bitter in the mouth, the bile of dishonesty and lack of consequences. I hope you can pull it out in part 3. I'd love for this to actually have closure.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown5 months ago

Well now, seems like a few Trump cucks still had to bring their political beliefs in their responses. It truly amazes me how certain people revel in showing their ignorance.

But the senator's statement that women having affairs don't get away with it. Then explain those pieces of shit Marjorie Taylor Green & Lauren Boebert....

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Part two went downhill from part one. Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

JensensloverJensenslover5 months ago

You do know there is a whole category dedicated to NON-Erotic! 1*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The all get away with it these days, no matter the gender. After all, elected officials are a reflection of the electoral body. Western society keeps moving the infidelity goalposts so much, that at this point any PR firm worth their salt, can spin the story any way they want. You can even see it in these stories. You can have a loving spouse drooling at the thought of strange dick, doing everything except actual vaginal penetration and the story somehow concludes no cheating happened yet. With the hubby elated that he managed to prevent it! Bill was a trailblazer I guess...

JRandyJJRandyJ5 months ago

All married Assholes, I mean Politicians commit Adultery every day. They screw the people every day. The campaign managers are just the lubricant.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed all three parts. Five stars from me

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

@sbrooks,

LWL, Life Well Lived

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit4 months ago

Nice. Candidates start with ideals and good intentions. Then the manipulators get involved and everything goes sideways. The parties are the biggest problem, but the candidates have to own their parts.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

LOL she made a deal with hubby, knew she was lying to him and was with her lover right through.

Now she is dumping lover because lovers plan petered out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Senator Previous Part
The Senator Series Info