All Comments on 'The Shack: The Milk Run'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 564 Comments (Page 2)
ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago
These stories are amazing

I feel like I need a program to keep up with all the characters sometimes. I guess I should just reread the whole series. Thanks for sharing your stories.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

Amazing story. I've read all the stories in The Shack. They are kind of like a Jack Reacher story, or Die Hard. Thanks for writing them. To bad they can't be listed so they could be in chronological order, but if you read all of them, you can sort them out in your own mind. I think :).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, that was a good read. Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of the arc and it is starting to rain. I about fell out of my chair laughing so hard. Please keep up the great work and I bought your Needles and Delaney book off Amazon cmon people it’s only 2.99 let’s support these two great author’s thanks again

InescuInescuover 2 years ago

Always excited to see you post a story. Excellent as usual. Interested to see what you write about the Ozarks (I grew up there in the late 60s and 70s).

dmshyguydmshyguyover 2 years ago

Nice touch bringing up Smedley Butler - didn't expect to see HIS name here!

TechumsahTechumsahover 2 years ago

You two can tell a story like no other. As always great job. Needles and Delany are by far my favorite characters in any story, movie, or any other form of media. As always patiently waiting for your next masterpiece.

wonder203wonder203over 2 years ago

LOVE your stories! Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

another great needles and Delany story keep thinking new one and keep on sending them

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another incredibly well written and gripping story. Keep them coming, we all look forward to everything you write. Thank you for a great read.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Wow, yet another superb offering. I’ve seen it suggested that you package the Shack stories and make it a movie script, we’ll I’d certainly pay to see it!

Thanks for free entertainment today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Christmas in October. That's how I felt when I saw the story posted. Thank you. What did I think of the story? crème de la crème.

QBikkQBikkover 2 years ago

Wow, another gem, great read, heavily connected with the other stories, great plot, fast paced. A real pleasure to read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

love them all. an anthology would be fantastic. already have needles and delany on kindle.

waifwaifover 2 years ago

Each episode gets better. How do you do it? There are few authors that meet the high standard of your works.

I also want to offer kudos to those who edited and bounced ideas back and forth with you.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 2 years ago

This is the first in "The Shack" series that I have read. I definitely need to the read the others. Very well researched and written. I loved it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I guess I'll just heap more praise with everyone else. My favorite genre in fiction is from the likes of Clancy, Flynn, Thor and the rest. To be able to read stories of that caliber for free on this site is a gift and I'm thankful for your gift to us. Well balanced, complex and intersecting plot lines without compromising flow and engaging storyline is a hard task to pull off. Yet, you and your team continue to do so! This story also gave us an "Arnold" level quotable quote -"They used mercenaries. I hired better ones." I'm still laughing about that one... 10* if they'd let me.

sentiantonesentiantoneover 2 years ago

It's been a long wait, even after your email last year saying it was coming. You did not disappoint! I think this is one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t think Todd is implying that the Reinhardt is father to the twins, only Emma and Delaney. As for being dead, it’s possible that he pulled a bait and switched and went into hiding? If so, I can’t wait for Howard to find out!

Imagine the novel Todd will have to write;

FBI, Cumulous Red & Green, C&W shipping, K2, Camp Mayhem Crew, Hollywood, Needles, and the Colonel’s merry band of sociopaths. I’m not sure the planet can survive!

Congrats Todd and the Missus, I’m really enjoying your work. 5 stars

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyover 2 years ago

Another stellar entry in an amazing series. You do so many things so well that it's hard to focus on just a few. The dialogue is pitch perfect. The technical details you choose to include---like that great conversation about why you can't chop off a finger or pull out on an eyeball to fool a scanner---lend verisimilitude without bogging down the narrative.

But I think I enjoy your sense of humor most of all. Tess imitating Mackenzie's and Delaney's voices. Delaney wearing a Girl Scout uniform, trying awkwardly to smile, and Tess shuddering and saying, "Don't smile." Those little details do so much to make the characters feel like real people and to make their interactions feel like real moments. It's delightful to watch the girls temporarily set aside their professional mercenary roles long enough to act like teenagers.

Those are the types of moments, much like the scene in Vodka Sting where Sparkle surreptitiously dons her clown nose in the cop bar as Smitty tries to guess her occupation, that will really stick with me. Thanks for another great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hardly ever comment but when I see your stories, I’m all in. Once again, you don’t disappoint!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely fantastic story and it's good to see a tie up between Needles and The Shack. I bought the book and enjoyed the extra fill in. Just don't take so long next time! Oh can we have some more on 'The Wendy' please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic! I was really excited when I saw this today. Your group of helpers and especially your wife are great.

DocGiffDocGiffover 2 years ago
Bravo

Excellent! Another masterpiece.

Harle67Harle67over 2 years ago

This series just gets better and better it always makes my day to see something fron Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

'Delaney being a Reinhart - now that is, just like Maria concluded, radioactive.

I can only start to imagine what Charlotte would do if she knew, she would be bad enough if she knew about the inherited money...

As for the eye color, Emma has "the brightest blue topaz eyes" according to "Blue topaz eyes" where as Evelyn have "the coldest blue eyes I'd ever seen" according to "Blue topaz eyes ch.2" so I see no need to doubt that they come from The Reinhardt.

As for the time of conception - 16 years ago Charlotte "entertained" quite a few people - what I find most surprising about it is that she even showed up on The Reinhardt's radar as she is such obvious small fry in comparision to him.

Avalanche2015Avalanche2015over 2 years ago

Awsome! The right mix of action, humour, intrigue, darkness, damage and mayhem combined with extremely interesting characters and new character development. What a television series this would make. Congratulations on another piece of a fantastic puzzle you have created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for continuing to grace us with these well written and conceived stories, Oh, and thanks for writing my tombstone "This was a contested extraction" Long live Needles and Delaney!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally . . . after what feels like months of searching new Loving Wife stories for something worth reading, the smile nearly broke my face when I saw Todd172 was the author of a new one. Not only was the new story from a "good" writer, but from one of the best. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 5 *s, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yet another OUTSTANDING story! Cannot wait for the next ones - although we all have to - but really want to see what you come up with for Jinxy.

jneric2691jneric2691over 2 years ago

Outstanding! I've been "waiting on pins and 'Needles'" for this story! Great job!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

"He looked startled, but I was starting to suspect that he usually looked like that"..... perfect line! Thanks for these wonderful stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As usual an excellent tale , it’s little wonder your works rate as highly as they do . Thank you

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

I loved the story and hope there are many more like it.

Just a casual observation, I have no real data to back it up, but it is interesting to me that most of the nay-sayers seem to be anonymous. Are they too afraid to label exactly who they are, or do they just enjoy being the nay-sayers of life that bitch and moan, but yet, won't stand up and tell us who they are? Oh yeah, I can about bet that they have never tried to write a story in their lives.

Keep up the great work. 5+*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Early Christmas present. Awesome. I had envisioned a different story with Tess, Mac, and Delaney but this one is great. I did think the Blue eyes were from Emma’s mom and the old rich guy that fathered was not Reinhardt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love these stories. I’ve read them all. I’m glad they are all in the loving wives. As they are related. Please keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Well done, sir.

Love the plot twist at the end.

Post production notes:

It's a relief to finally reveal Delaney's biological father. She will always be Needle's daughter to the core, but she is a Reinhardt by blood. Because Delaney didn't have enough problems already.

However, you've just set up Needles for more heartache when he finds out Tiffany and Tara are not his biological kids.

d1muffnmand1muffnmanover 2 years ago

I want to give it eleven stars. Thank you for the stories.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 2 years ago

The wait between stories is well worth it for this quality of writing. An interesting roster of characters always has my attention, along with their interactions.

Thank you, once again, for another short vacation away from everyday life...

Definitely 5 stars!!!

d1muffnmand1muffnmanover 2 years ago

When does Delaney get trained by Monster?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tara and Tiffany half sisters to Delaney…….same mother. Charlotte

Emma and Delaney half sisters……..same father. The Reinhardt

Hummmm very interesting if that is what you are purposing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You and your wife should have a publisher! Your stories are well worth paying for, which makes me feel like a thief because we get to read them for free.

The third monkey on the ramp to Noah’s Ark and it’s starting to rain - genius way with words!

RulesRulesover 2 years ago

Such a good story have read all the series and this is a great continuation keep up the writing look forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love this series . I have read all 18 so far and some twice. Now I am waiting patiently for the next one.

Harold

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What an awesome storyline, please keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Who didn’t vote five star???????

LOVE. Slap*hapy*papy. #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Phenomenal. Just outstanding. Truly, you have a gift, and we are lucky that you share it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very very good

I have read all of your stories connected to the shack, and you and the missus have done a great job of bringing the different characters together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I purchased _Needles and Delaney_ for my Kindle and shared it with my lady love. Her comment is that it reads like Golden Age Heinlein - if Kay Tarrant hadn't;t been there to censor the dialogue.

We now joke when we see a tow-truck that everything is fine, so long as a thirteen-year-old girl doesn't climb out of the passenger seat.

><><><><><

So Delaney is a Reinhardt, enhhh? I wonder how this all ties in with the snippet of Charlotte being appointed to that empty state senate seat....

><><><><><><

OBTW, 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

loved this story. laughed out loud a few times. tried to explain to my wife what I was reading... no simple answer.

Thx for a long bunch of entertainment. Please keep them coming. way better than TV, Netfix, and Amazon Prime put together,

a Pleasure to read with readable grammer

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago

Another great one from Todd, and the Mrs. Thank you for a this wonderful read. Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another fantastic story from one of my favorite authors on here. That ending with Delaney being the Reinhardt's kid sets up some interesting stories down the road. Would love to see Delaney and Emma meet up at some point, as well as Needles, Sheree, and Delaney taking a vacation to visit The Shack. Now I feel like going back and reading your older stories to refresh my memory on all the characters mentioned in this gem.

ZBSKRNZBSKRNover 2 years ago

Great stories I really enjoyed them all. If you ever get a chance to do Dramatis personae to help keep All the cast straight in our heads that would be a help

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years ago

Damn! You two are amazing! I swear the dialogue gets better each story, and Delaney gets scarier! Another Reinhardt… that should be a story!

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 2 years ago

My mind...

...did a happy dance when I saw a new Shack story. I decided to wait until after work to read it, so I could really enjoy it.

I was not disappointed! Fucking brilliant. I love the cameos that each of the characters gets, in this and Behind Blue Eyes, especially. Already counting the moments until the next one. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Joben285Joben285over 2 years ago

I was so excited to see a new Todd172 story. It not only meets his great standard but adds another dimension to Delaney. The Reinhardt connection is a particularly interesting surprise. As to the anonymous commenter who said the stories were the same, I couldn't disagree more. I thoroughly enjoy all the Shack series and await the next one. Todd? You and the Missus please keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great job! Keep it up! Special thanks for the reference to the Little Feat "Willing" for us old guys.:)

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 2 years ago

I really like your style and reading your stories. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ten thousand stars out of 10. Just saying. You're breaking the scale, dude!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

But where is the story about Jynx?

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandover 2 years ago

Todd you are one of the most amazing storytellers...

You are one of the few storytellers that also has the ability to make all the different plots and subplots fit together seamlessly making your stories among the best not just here but you anywhere...

A heartfelt thank you to you and the missus.

5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 s as usual!

SOS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrific story! Love the whole series. The characters are terrific and the dialogue is great. Can’t wait for the next shack story and the next book on Amazon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Fucking excellent! 25 BIG stars for this one. Naming all my favorite Authors except, Tx Tall Tales, Soul71, PapaToad, Magmaman, for just a few. These are all my favorites that almost every story gets 5 stars every time.

Todd172Todd172over 2 years agoAuthor

Thank You to Everyone.

The editors, the readers, everyone. We mean it. The response to the stories is just, well, unbelievable. We are really, really can't begin to explain how much this all means to us.

As to the story, I feel I kind of face-planted on this one a bit. At the end, I sacrificed a bit of clarity for some dramatic impact. I've said from the beginning that if you don't like what a character does, that's fine, she loves you anyway. But if you don't understand what she's done, that is my fault and I failed to tell the story correctly.

Tiffany and Tara are very much Needles' biological children. Delaney is the biological daughter of The Reinhardt who was later killed by Howard (in Behind Blue Eyes). Evie was just wrong when she was convinced there were no other children. Evie has very pale blue grey eyes, the Reinhardt had (And passed on to Emma and Delaney) brilliant blue eyes. The Reinhardt was a classic German Aryan with blonde hair and blue eyes.

The Missus had (repeatedly) told me that I need to generate a story timeline chart and a genealogy of the Reinhardt line... I think she is probably right...

LVGirlLVGirlover 2 years ago

The knowledge that the Missus was a teenage girl once absolutely floored me. And I’m still rolling on it. Five.stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Awesome

Great story in the continuing saga! As always, thanks for a great read! Der Mt Man

StormXStormXover 2 years ago

Love all your stories with needless and a Delaneyl as well as the shack. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can not wait for the next installment of The Shack series.

dw9211dw9211over 2 years ago

This just may be the best "SHACK" story yet! Please write faster. I would like to ask a favor. Would you please post a complete list of all SHACK related stories in correct reading order. I've done it but there are 1 or 2 that I can't quite place. Please thank the Missus for us also!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Todd maybe you should combine these stories into a couple of novels for general consumption. They are good stand alone stories but if you combined them they would make a few novel type stories.

The Topaz Blue Eye's series. The Shack series. This series. Then link them all together (similar to this story) and blow the conspiracy out of the water.

You are an excellent writer and I believe you could do this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anonymous who complained about these not being LW stories. Maybe you should have read the disclaimer at the beginning of the story. The one where the author said exactly what you stated.

Read the rest of the series and then realise that for those of us following the serial stories we need it in the same area.

This author is damned good and has a number of followers, this series included.

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
A welcome addition to a truly unique series!

Thanks for this one!!!!

PeckingChickenPeckingChickenover 2 years ago

@jocko_smith - The Reinhardt's eyes were never explicitly mentioned, but while Evie & Emma's have been called 'the coldest blue' and 'Almost clear, the color of the frozen heart of a glacier;' The Reinhardt's eyes have been called expressionless and the 'emotionless eyes of a shark'

I always took the shark look to mean a black iris so you could never see what the eye was focusing on... that flat 'Jaws' style " Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya."

But it could mean something else, I guess. Just that the 3 stories that feature Emma and Evelyn make such a meal out of their eye color and clarity and just... don't about Reinhardt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"This is the second story I've seen from this writer. I don't get it. Wash, dry and repeat. They aren't loving wives stories and don't belong here."

Didn't bother to read the post script, your problem no-one else's.

As usual great story and follow up, keep them coming!

Tezza

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It is rare to get such a great story and I include the ones I pay for.

Everyone did a story to what I consider perfection!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoy your work and you r work ethic THANKS kind of makes me wonder how much you know about what’s going on in current affairs ?? Hahaha

otr3otr3over 2 years ago

As always A Todd & The Misses Grand Slam!! MARIA wasn't looking for The Reinhardt. She was looking for THEY REINHARDT, his father.

Delaney, Tiffany and Tara are THE GREAT GRANDDAUGHTERS OF THEY REINHARDT.

It wasn't Callaway who funded the trust, he just set it motion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing. Love your stories.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Another fantastic story. I have loved everything you have written. Thank you for your excellent work. Now that we know mire about Delaney’s father I can not wait to see where this takes her tale. Loved having the cross over to the other Shack characters. Keep up you the master story telling.

jimmac44jimmac44over 2 years ago

Just keeps getting better and better!!! Oh God more blue eyes!!!! Can't wait for the next installment!

I've read every single one of your stories and haven't found a dud yet, but the 'Shack' series are your best!!!!!

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

All the ‘Needles and Delaney’ stories are ideal candidates for a movie franchise, sadly we all know how Hollywood would fuck it up. No way could they have a young teenager doing the things Delaney gets up to, and god forbid a girl to boot. They’d end up making her eighteen and hormonal lol.

Five stars and another one added to favs.

Waiting impatiently for the next instalment.

Rogue5512Rogue5512over 2 years ago

Another one for your already overflowing awards shelf. Brilliant and well worth waiting for. You and the missus are to be applauded. Long may you two continue.

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 2 years ago

Another great story. Very fast paced and a little different being told from Maria's pov. Presumably Delaney's mother was pimped out to The Reinhardt for political favours ...that might even be a story in itself, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Brilliant work from you both and please keep writing.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 2 years ago

Stunningly well done. I just can't get over the quality and quantity of great stories you provide. Thank you for sharing your immense talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My thanks to you, the Missus, and the rest of your crew for the consistently amazing and high quality stories that your provide for us to read - especially in light of the lack of monetary recompense and the glory of being a best selling author, al least under this pen name. Again, thank you for sharing your stories.

RD35RD35over 2 years ago

It doesn't seem appropriate to label this "typical", but that is what it is. More outstanding work from an outstanding writer. Best of class!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Thank you!!!! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As usual absolutely wonderful.

AlenP

Perth WA

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Wow. Extraordinary. Thanks for sharing.

MrOuchMrOuchover 2 years ago

OMG, this is so good! Thank you!

FreakpowerFreakpowerover 2 years ago

Yes I agree with ender2k2k. I would love to have the whole story (line) in one book (Amazon) its hard to follow up the story line.

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

Just awesome!!! I’m doing a sad happy dance, sad because it’s over and happy because another Needles and Delaney story.. So I’m guessing that monster and Kurt might be the only ones who might be able to deal with an enraged Needles?

Thanks again can’t wait for the Luther story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sooo freakin good as always... am I the only person who got the Little Feat 'Willin' reference?🤔 Fantastic as always Todd & the missus. 5 🌟 s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing as always! Please don't stop!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 2 years ago

Outstanding!!!! Bet you and the missus have a lot of fun kicking the dialogue around. Definitely makes me laugh out loud during some of the back and forth. What a Universe you’ve created. Each story just gets better than the previous one. Keep up the great work, looking forward to your next one.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

absolutely love these stories. clear back to nobody and monster and his team.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Trump, Bezos ,Gates , Jobs ,Zuckerberg et all better watch out some one is watching Them!!!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

I've paid shedloads of cash over the years buying books, watching movies and theatre and never been as entertained as these stories entertain. Outstanding quality of writing, the core of the tales and the superb characters. You both put a great deal of hard work and effort into these stories and it shows. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...