The Shared Drive

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Robbie grinned and put an arm round my shoulder, we'd never been strong on physical contact, so this was very welcome. I slipped my arm round his waist. It lasted four or five minutes, but was non the less welcome. We ambled on with the group breaking and coalescing, diverging and reforming. I spoke to Bob, such a regular level headed man. Apparently he and Lou were thinking about kids and were trying to decide exactly when it would be best to start, this was a conversation we'd had almost a year ago and it popped up again.

Chloe had large brown eyes and always seemed to be permanently startled. She was trim, like Lou and had a ready laugh and smile, I thought she resembled a human baby deer, all legs and arms and huge startled eyes. She was a tough cookie though and she and Robbie loved each other with a passion. We chatted amiably and I realised how lucky my children were, they had found their soulmates, like Molly and me. I felt special though, because I had Claire and Ezz, a second bite at the celestial cherry. By the end of lunch, Lou, Robbie and their partners had adopted Ezz as their honorary little sister, much to her delight. Lou seemed somehow calm and serene, she whispered to Bob and he nodded, calling us to order.

"Errm, well we'd just like to say, that there's going to be a nephew or niece for Robbie, Chloe and Ezz and a grandchild for Jim and Claire. Obviously a son or daughter for us too." He sat back and watched the hubbub soar around him, silly grin on his face and a pint in his hand. Lou grinned and fielded questions from everyone. Robbie got up and hugged his sister from behind, repeatedly kissing her cheek. Ezz sat wide eyed and open mouthed. She went to speak, but Lou jumped in before she could utter a sound, "Yes of course you can come and stay and help me take care of the baby," Ezz positively glowed, Claire gripped my hand.

After that the meals arrived so we tucked in as everyone digested the news. It was certainly a day to remember. It also turned out that we had all had the same idea and had booked into a local mid range nationwide hotel chain, planning to overnight and start back in the morning. So after the meal and another short amble back over the top to the cars, we said our goodbyes, laughing and hugging. Then proceeded in convoy to the hotel, where we emerged from the cars and hugged and kissed hello.

As we booked in Ezz looked surprised that she was sharing a room with Claire and I. She wasn't worried, just thought that we would want a bit of privacy. Claire and I explained we could have that at home, but tonight we wanted to be near her. The room had two reasonable sized mini-queen beds separated by a pair of bedside cabinets. Claire wanted the one nearer the window, but the side closest to Ezz's bed, which seemed sensible.

We hadn't a lot to unpack and ended up on Ezz's bed watching a nature programme on some channel way up the number scale. I never got past channel 5 at home. I thought it had been on years ago, when Ezz patiently explained that The BBC had sold the rights to air the programme to the channel we were watching, then giggled as I digested this little nugget. Anyway it whiled away an hour or so before we had to go down to the restaurant to join the others.

We took turns in the bathroom and then changed in the room together. Ezz pulled off her habitual hoodie and jeans and slipped into a dress, I'd never seem her out of trousers and a top. I have to admit I stared, Claire nudged me. I apologised and said that I had never seen Ezz looking so beautiful. She blushed and looked down at the ground. Claire had brought some extra jewellery and Ezz borrowed a plain gold necklace and bracelet. Ezz applied a bit of lippy and a some blusher whilst Claire was popping her earrings in. I innocently asked why Ezz didn't have her ears pierced. She looked pointedly at Claire, who sighed and looked at me.

"I said I'd pay for her to have it done, when she's sixteen."

"Which I am."

"I know, and we will get it done."

"I'm sorry I mentioned it."

"I'm sorry you mentioned it."

"I know mum, just teasing you, we'll get it done at some point."

"I'm really, really sorry I mentioned it."

"Hmmmm, ok you're forgiven, but just this once." She gave me a quick kiss.

We were all ready and primped and preened so we walked down the two flights to the ground floor and the restaurant. The others were just arriving so we congregated by the entrance, all eyes on Ezz and Claire, Chloe and Lou complimenting them on their dress and makeup. Chloe was certainly taken with Ezz's dress and asked where it had come from. Ezz without a moments hesitation said Mum. Chloe looked at her then roared, we all looked round, Chloe had Ezz in a warm embrace and they giggled as they held each other.

"Our little sister seems on form," Lou said to Robbie with a grin, he giggled and slid an arm round her. Bob was talking to Claire and she was nodding earnestly, He touched her arm and she smiled and nodded. Well everyone seemed to be getting along.

The Restaurant Manager came and led us to a room, which could hold twenty or more but we seven had it to ourselves, "looks like your reputation precedes you," Bob said to Ezz, she poked her tongue out and Bob smiled happily. We sat down at the round table, which meant we were all quite close, Ezz it was insisted, was to sit between Robbie and Lou and they held her in conversation throughout the meal. Obviously sharing the dirt on me, as she kept glancing over.

One time Lou said something and Ezz went beetroot red and her hand came up to her mouth. I had been talking to Bob and Claire was in an animated conversation with Chloe, they were holding hands at one point. Finally, once we had finished and the meal cleared away, coffee and tea was served and we sat and gabbled away. Ezz asked me a question across the table and all eyes were on me. Lou looked away reddening, Robbie sat back with a huge grin, they had told her about the swimming trunks!

I had no choice but to tell the story, I looked around at the all eyes on me, and the smiles and grins. Basically when we were on holiday in Spain, specifically Menorca, I had forgotten my trunks, so I had to buy a pair locally. Unknown to me these trunks were a joke pair as they became complete transparent when in contact with salt water. Anyway we had a boat trip round the island and anchored in a wide sandy bay called tortoise bay. As a largish boat it settled about twenty five feet away from the shoreline in about fifteen feet of water. A long gangplank on wheels was run down to the waters edge and secured to the rear deck. We were then invited to go to shore or to jump off the deck of the boat and plunge into the water,. It was perfectly safe and as the bubbles cleared you would see shoals of small fish darting way from you.

About twenty of us, including my children all climbed up to the smaller deck above and proceeded to leap over the side and plunge into the warm water. Once on the surface a few quick strokes led to the ladder on the side and you could haul yourself up and join the queue to go again. Robbie, Lou and I lined up and made the initial jump. Lou was about sixteen and Robbie about fourteen. Molly and some others remained on deck to watch us fly past as we plunged in. One by one we hurtled over the side and I took my turn. As I returned up the ladder, the children ahead of me, Molly looked over as I clambered over the side, her face turned from happy to intensely concerned. She shouted to me to cover myself, which made everyone look round, including the children.

Next thing everyone's laughing, or turning their kids heads away. Molly rushed at me with a towel, as I looked down and realised what had happened. My hands snapped down over my embarrassment as Molly wrapped the towel round me. Robbie was laughing out loud, just like he was now and Lou had a look of horror, as she was mortified that her father could embarrass her so publicly. Lou now was holding her hands to her face and laughing out loud like everyone else. I reddened as I finished the story, Claire took my hand but laughed like the rest. I thought Ezz would fall off her chair, she was laughing so much. Eventually they all calmed down and we decided to leave it there. It was about a quarter past ten and it had been a long day.

We made our way back to the room and Ezz grabbed her night things and disappeared into the bathroom. Claire and I undressed and got our night things on. Ezz returned and Claire kissed her as she headed for the bathroom. Ezz, in her shamrock green plaid pyjamas, hugged me and we kissed goodnight. She popped into bed and snuggled down into the covers. Claire came out and I went in to clean my teeth and use the toilet, like the others. When I came out, Ezz had her sidelight off and only the top of her head was visible.

Claire was sat up reading, she had turned my side of the bed down. I climbed in and snuggled up to her, she kissed my head and put her book down. We snuggled down together and I leaned a hand out to switch off the light. As we settled down properly I heard Ezz giggling quietly unto her pillow. I knew what she was thinking about, I also knew Claire was smiling, even though it was pitch black out.

We had agreed on breakfast at nine the next morning and after the alarm woke us, we sat up and Ezz jumped out of bed and wriggled between the pair of us. Claire took her hand one side and I the other. After a few minutes I made my way over to the kettle and made tea in mugs for Claire and I. I looked in the mini bar and pulled out a carton of orange, waving it at Ezz, she gave me a thumbs up and so I tucked it in the breast pocket of my pyjama top. "I always wondered why they have a pocket in pyjamas," mused Claire grinning. I took the drinks over and placed Claires on her coaster on the cabinet her side, taking the orange carton out and passing it to Ezz with my now free hand and returned to my side. I climbed back on top of the covers and sat drinking my tea.

Finishing her carton, Ezz slid down the bed, grabbed her clothes from her holdall and disappeared into the bathroom, we heard the shower go on and knew we had about

twenty minutes before she would come out. Claire snuggled up to me and I slipped my feet under the covers. "Oh God! Your feet are freezing," she yelped. "Are they?" I asked as I slid them up her calves. "No you don't!" She said as she tried to push me off,

We grabbed each other and giggled as we each reached for an advantage. As we wrestled and laughed, the door to the bathroom opened. "Hells teeth you two, can't you keep your hands off each other?" She smiled as she stood there arms folded over her chest, her wash bag in one hand and pyjamas over her forearm. "You sound like my mother," said Claire pushing me away. I grinned and slid a hand under her top at her waist, knowing how cold it was. Claire shrieked and sat up and away from me, her foot coming round and finding my hip. With a speed and force I didn't know she had, I was sent tumbling sideways, rolling over and tipping out of bed. I hit the floor with a crash and the mug I had been drinking from toppled over and the last of the tea poured over my head. I sat there, tea dripping down my face, as Claire and Ezz looked over at me. I looked up, tears of tea rolling down my cheeks.

They laughed, not knowing if I was actually hurt, but unable to contain themselves.I shook my head slowly and pulled myself up, "Bathroom," was all I said as I took myself off to the sound of them laughing. I have to admit it was funny. Half an hour later I came out the bathroom to find them curled up to each other. They looked beautiful and I told them so. Ezz lifted herself off the bed and passing me gave me a hug and went to collect her clothes for today. Claire looked at me and winked, I had to smile she looked like a naughty girl; caught with her hand in the biscuit tin. She went to apologise and I stopped her. There was no need to apologise for what happened, it was funny and no harm was done. She pulled me to her and we enjoyed a long passionate kiss, pushing ourselves against each other, we both broke off very reluctantly. I raised an eyebrow and she winked, we are fine, happy and content.

Ezz reappeared and Claire slid across the bed, rummaged in her bag, then disappeared into the bathroom. Ezz was combing her hair, on a whim I offered to do it for her, she beamed and offered me the comb. I gently moved the comb through her hair and watched her lay back in the chair. I'd watched Molly do this for Lou, when she had waist length hair as a child, they had both seemed to enjoy it. I found it very relaxing and Ezz positively glowed. I combed from her left to right bringing the comb from the crown to the ends.

There were few tangles, but even with those Ezz was calm and unspoken. We must have been at it for a while as Claire emerged from the bathroom as I was finishing. She looked with affection at the two of us and came to touch my arm. Looking round I leaned towards her and we exchanged a brief kiss. I patted Ezz's head, "All finished, you look even more beautiful than you did yesterday." She turned to look at me with a huge grin, Flicking her hair round and enjoying the feel and sound as it swished at her shoulders. It was breakfast time, so we grabbed our bags and phones before leaving the room.

The others were just beginning to assemble and Ezz went to Lou and Robbie, enjoying a hug and a kiss with both. Chloe and Bob were already in earnest conversation when Claire joined them, they took turns to hug and kiss her, and she quickly joined in their conversation. Lou left Ezz with Robbie and came over to me, "Good morning Dad," said with a hug and a kiss.

She stayed in my arms and slipped hers round my back. She could have been nine years old again. "Can we have a chat?", I nodded, "Now?" She looked at me and I moved her further back along the corridor. "Are you alright?" I asked her, she nodded, "It's you I want to talk about," and rubbed my stomach with her hand. This was oddly a gesture Molly used when something serious was about to be revealed, I waited expectantly.

"Dad, it's about you and Claire," hesitating she looked round and then plunged ahead. "I want you to know that, whatever you decide, I will support you, wholeheartedly?"

"Whatever do you mean Lulu?"

"Dad, you're mad about her, she's bowled over by you. Don't lose this chance to be happy again." She patted my stomach, "she's too good to lose, you know that and Ezz is adorable, like a mini Robbie and me, I love her."

"So what are you saying, I should ask her to marry me?"

"Whatever floats your boat, but make sure she knows how you feel, I know how you and Mum were. You have that chance again for happiness, grab it." The last two words had her gripping my shirt and rubbing it.

Seems both my children approved of my new partner and her daughter. We wandered back as the others were heading in, the restaurant manager leading the way. We arranged ourselves again, The children with their partners, Ezz between Lou and Robbie, I had Chloe one side and Claire the other. Claire reached for my hand, I leaned in and kissed her cheek. "I love you, " I said. Smiling she replied, "I know and I love you too, will you marry me?" Her eyes twinkled, "Hey that's my line," I chortled, "but yes I will, if you'll have me." She kissed my lips, "in a heartbeat," she replied as her lips caressed mine. Across the table Ezz giggled, "Hey can't you wait for the rest of us before starting breakfast?" The table erupted. Ezz sat back, job done, we cracked up. So this is my family, my world, my loves. This is me...