All Comments on 'The Sharpest Lives Ch. 12'

by Kimikimidoll

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Eve86Eve86over 7 years ago
The crazies are back...

Woo! The crazies are back.

By the end, I couldn't't tell who was who. They're basically the same person.

KimikimidollKimikimidollover 7 years agoAuthor
I'm gonna update the chapter

Need to include scene breaks. Hopefully it will read better after that.

Of course, if you're picking this up from the middle of the story, it won't make sense at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
um...I liked it!

I like that it's confusing, i like trying to figure out what the hell is going on!

Some relationships get this complicated and fucked up, and if only those who've experienced something similar will be able to understand their relationship.

I'm curious about what illness liam has, why his mother doesn't want Kim to sleep with him. I hope your next chapter fills those gaps.

Thank you so much for continuing, I'm so excited for the next chapter! and i love all the songs you include, that's one of the things that makes your stories so cool!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Damn!!!

I hate these two. I hate him. I want her away from him before he kills her and the child. I honestly expect he will kill the child once it's born just to continue his abusive control of her and their...can I call it a relationship? He stole her life, ripped her from her family, forced his child into her, HE HAPPILY TORTURES A PREGNANT WOMAN AND KNOWINGLY CLAIMS HE DOESN'T "THINK" HIS ACTIONS WILL KILL HER. In fact, I hope she kills herself before the child is born just to end this pain, if not the story itself.

BUT DAMN!!!

I have to admit I love reading the continued psychotic episodes these two (and their author) share with us. It's all wrong. So very wrong. And still it's an absolute guilty pleasure on my part...maybe I should hate myself.

evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 7 years ago

I hate being slightly slow. Gonna have to go back, cause I missed either a chapter, or a great chunk of info somewhere. Eve86 said they seemed to be almost the same person and for me it was as if he had become fluid, plastic, malleable and curled around her - if his approach didn't meld with her in one way, he would immediately morph and move around her in another. This is driving me nuts. Gotta know what you meant. Also, what could 'maybe' have been a symbiosis was now a parasitical merging? It always was in a way, but ... Aaaaasrhhgg. Must go clarify. Must seek truth. Willl shut up now.

KimikimidollKimikimidollover 7 years agoAuthor
Poor Liam

He just got stabbed in the chest. Have some pity on him XD

I personally feel sorry for him. His problem is that he can't appreciate what he has, he just wants what he knows he can't get.

I don't think he's gonna be killing any babies anytime soon. I don't think he even cares (for it as a separate entity, but cares for it more as 'it belongs to me' kind).

Huntington's is the disease he has. His father didn't have it though.

Liam's mom doesn't want him to sleep with her because she's worried the baby might be harmed (There's no harm with regular intercourse, but something more strenuous might, and I think you can see why she's afraid)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
um...I liked it, response

Huntington's disease...everything makes sense now.

I do feel sorry for Liam, he's gonna die, isn't? Why did he have to be sick? I don't want him to die. They started off being so cool, now it's getting sad, i can't blame either of them, i would go insane too, losing someone you connected with so deeply, watching that person die, it's fucked. Somewhere in this chapter, i read something about him wanting her to be like him so it would be like he never died, i know he achieved that in the end, but why? Why does he want her to be like him? Why did he change her? But then theres the whole thing about testing her devotion, well she passed but i hope she didn't break in the process. I do hope he can get her back, for both of their's sake. And i thought the chest stabbing would just be a minor injury!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
they both just seem sad

like they make each other even more lonely. I hope they both evolve somehow or this will just be sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please remember...

I know the golden rule...never argue with the author...and before I write any more leet me start by saying that I honestly appreciate that you check in with your fans and become part of the discussion with each chapter release. You kinda help keep us on the path when our assumptions carry us off deep into the woods.

And regarding that please remember that you provide only the straw man for your characters. We fill in the flesh. I honestly believe that all your reader each individually hear Liam's voice differently when your words give our minds quotes from him. We see his face, hair, body...differently. We see his character differently. Each chapter, each comment you leave helps us correct our version of the fleshed out straw man.

That all being said, here goes...

I am glad you cleared up that she does/did in fact stab him I was worried that it was only a dream or that it was start of the downstroke that never really finishes. But now I worry for a completely different reason. Why didn't she aim for the neck or eye sockets? A pen knife to the chest of this guy is like throwing rocks at a grizzly bear. It will have no effect and only serves to piss them off and possibly get yourself killed in the process.

Or maybe that's the point. She is so desperate to get out and she has given so much of herself to him that all she cannot kill him but maybe if she angers him enough he will kill her and finally free her from this torment. He has taken her family, her friends, her body, her life, her mind, her soul... obliterating them so completely that she has nothing left but what choose to cast off of his world onto her. And this last vain attempt to be strong, to save herself by trying to invoke him into killing her because she cannot even kill herself...is this her final desperate cry for help.

She claims...He can't live without me. He can't even die without me. Wrong. She is about to learn that life and death are, like everything else, on his terms and that she again will have to accept this as canon law closing yet another door to her safety and sanity.

Pity is for those who suffer unduly with a life, or tasks or punishments that are greater than they deserve. Liam deserves no pity.

You say he wants what he can't have. I have re re re read every chapter and there is nothing, no one, existing anywhere in this story to date that he doesn't own, control, or destroy. He walks from chapter to chapter as a god among these mortal creatures imposing his will, his law on all. Without remorse. His own words form this chapter focus on devotion..."So how do I measure devotion?" he asked suddenly. "By seeing how much you'll listen to me, unquestioningly? Or knowing that although you have another choice, you still decide to stay..." Is Abraham's sacrifice next? You claim the child won't intentionally be killed and time soon. Sadly that leaves so much more Liam will demand of Rabbit and others knowing he has a new tool of pain and control to wield against them should it be born.

As you callout his own mother fears the abusive man she knows her son has become. You say she fears for the unborn child, which means she fears for the health of the mother, which means she knows her son WILL hurt the mother and the risk to the child is inconsequential in Liam's mind. His own mother is caught as you say between guilt and joy. She tries, even if for just one moment of this story, to make amends for raising this abomination by recommending they sleep apart only to be laughed at and forced to to suffer even greater indignities knowing he brings another woman into the house to fuck mercilessly when Rabbit tries to save herself and her child by taking his mother's advice.

The best line of this whole chapter is...He can do all he wants. I'd allow him to break my body and my spirit. He can be lord and master of all, because he knows he has to give all that in one day, to me. When in fact he is simply training her to accept her role as the caretaker of his needs. She sees it as a moment of equality but he laughs inside at her knowing that for now he is lord and master of her everything - ripe body, active mind, strong spirit. And one day, yes one distant day, she will be queen of his...nothing - no body left, no mind left, no spirit left. There is no equality. He will again have taken everything, including himself, from her leaving her with nothing even before death.

But that's just my fleshed out straw man and with each chapter I tear it down and rebuild it. I look forward to every chapter in this amazing, thought provoking, emotional rollercoaster of a guilty pleasure you aptly named " The Sharpest Lives".

KimikimidollKimikimidollover 7 years agoAuthor
@anon (the one below this comment)

Wow.

When people do this, I don't feel like my ego is being stroked. Rather, I feel humbled that you see something more where I just see...it.

I wish I can reply now, but I think it's better I publish the next few chapters first (almost done, tomorrow hopefully) before replying. A reply to your comment would take a chapter in itself lol.

If anyone wants to clarify something, or ask any random question about the story/characters, do ask.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous