All Comments on 'The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 29'

by DaddyIrishman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I'm not going to read this shit any more. The chapter's are way to short. You don't put much detail in the scenes any more, and you cut the only real interesting chapter when things get any good at all. When I read up to the chapters explaining the history of the Lycan race and Luna's first true werewolf guardian and his mate. I thought wow now here is a story that was going to be good. Now it's shit with the way you have dragged it out too far. Would it have killed you to make the chapter's more than one, two, or three page's long. So have fun writing you shit-fest story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I liked this chapter

Yes, it was a bit short, but the updates come frequently enough, so no complaints from me. I think it's fine to criticize an author's work, but I believe the criticism should be constructive. I try to avoid strong language, because in my personal opinion, all it does, is reflect on the person who uses it. I didn't agree with him on everything, but I did appreciate George Bush Sr.'s desire for a "kinder, gentler nation" but I would say 'world'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
"This shit"

isn't the foul smelling production it is represented to be. There is now a conflict coming up, and a lack of gratuitous violence that pleases ME. There have been slow and boring chapters, but things are improving. Maybe our patience will be rewarded, after all. Thanks to Daddy for the effort, and let's see how this goes.

BigDog167BigDog167almost 6 years ago
Better.

Better. We are starting to see more of a werewolf story. I do think you should have gone into more detail about the fight but you are getting there so I feel it is a step in the right direction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Glad to see..

..some people defending the author. I have to chuckle when someone makes negative comments like that.. on CHAPTER 29! Lol. Some people..

Also glad to see some action in the story! I've struggled a little with the numerous short chapters and with what I consider to be a very slow pace. But that is for my pace of things.. so I don't complain.

Looking forward to the next chapters!

kdeville87kdeville87almost 6 years ago
wow

wow I like the story and the charters are like real life. I have enjoyed the stories so keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Now we're talking

Keep it coming

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Appreciate the kind words and feedback, glad everyone was getting into it. I knew from the start it would be a slow build. Part of the issue I feel were short chapters and how long it took to get new ones approved and posted. I have submitted the first two chapters of Book 2 and am happy to report that the chapters are longer than they were in Book 1 here. There is also non-stop action and conflict since Book 2 is basically all about the North American War. It does get darker at times but there is a purpose as it drives the story and Dante and Lily develop and evolve. It’s not there just for the sake of violence. Chapter 3 is done and with my editor and will be submitted for approval in the next few days. I wanted Book 1 to follow as close to real life as possible for as long as I could and in real life people don’t go from one exciting event to the next. There is a lot of downtime and just going through the motions of life. I’m trying to incorporate as much of that as I can in Book 2 as well, but it’s now War-time and because of that it moves at a much different pace and the story has grown to a point where Dante and Lily really won’t be able to go about a normal life anymore. Hope y’all enjoy and keep reading.

- DaddyIrishman

cindyp1976cindyp1976over 4 years ago
I really like this book so far

Yes them doing the same thing for multiple chapters was a frustrating but I understand why you did that on several chapters because of events that happened in those chapters like the hold up, the trip to New Orleans and the history of these wolves furring his tutoring. Now that they are established thing are picking up and it probably wouldn't seam like the story kind of dragged a little if you had combined several chapters into one posting and posted it as ch. 1-6 or something like that. Other than that I am enjoying the book alot and really hope you continue to write these books this could be a great continuing series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous