All Comments on 'The Sound of the Bell'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant! Four of my favourite authors coming together to produce a masterpiece. Bravo indeed!

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Didn't see that coming, kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very intrigueing story. Quite a bit different from your normal writings but definitely goes along the theme you suggested at the beginning. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty boring, honestly.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago
What a twist

I loved how all of you worked together to write something very compelling, with quite the twist of an ending. Bravo!

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 2 years ago

This was such an interesting concept and experiment. I think you all did a wonderful job! Great story!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 2 years ago

Couldn't finish it. Didn't hold my interest.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

An old tale with a twist at the end, well done.

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

Good one. I like it a lot.

.

The ending reminded me of an old 'Outer Limits' or 'One Step Beyond' or 'Twilight Zone' - The premise of that was similar, an alien species came to earth and told everyone that they had to mend their ways. So they did, the governments and people all got together and stopped war, eliminated hunger etc etc etc. And then the aliens came back at the appointed time. They were very disappointed - they wanted earthlings to embrace war and violence etc etc. They/we had been sort of into it, but then we got peaceful. Such a disgrace. LOL. I've never completely forgotten that one.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 2 years ago

Real noir story, one with no happy ending. Luke O'Grady, getting his due.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist............

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Problems: Your 3rd ghost monologued what should have been shown. I never cared about Luke; his ending did not matter, which meant your "twist" wasn't a twist at all because it didn't shock me. Much too much "telling." It was a slow slog of a read that had me shaking my head many times over but what I begin, I finish.

Good Thing: I have read worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK, so the ending was a little predictable, but Luke had earned his fate and an eternity in hell is about fully understanding why he's there.

The past cannot be changed, only the present therefore shaping the future. Still trying to work out who wrote what, the blending is seamless. Outstanding storytelling and impeccable writing by all.

Strand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reminiscent of a twilight zone episode as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Small_Talent_for_War

Nicely done.

MwestohioMwestohio11 months ago

That was an interesting flip

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...