The Spark

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Damn you." She said without conviction, and gently slugged him on his chest "Damn! You are so lovable and somehow know exactly what my heart wants, no - what my heart needs to hear." Alan noticed her eyes had filled with tears. He wrapped his right arm around her shoulders and pulled her to him. She laid her head on his shoulder and stroked his thigh with her right hand.

"What am I going to do? I'm not supposed to be ready to fall in love again, its too soon, but here you are." Dee raised her head and looked into his eyes.

"Here I am." Alan said with a small shrug and a nod of his head. It was clear he intended to stay in her life. He smiled at her and waited.

"Oh my God, What am I...!" Her voice trailed off as she melted into his arms and kissed him again.

"Mom!" Tanis yelled from across the restaurant. Dee sat up and composed herself a little, "Mom I won! I won!" He held up his prize with pride. It was small stuffed dragon fly. "I got it for you, Mom, cause I know you love dragon flies."

"Why, thank you, Tanis!" replied Dee, obviously moved by his gift of love.

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, Tanis."

"Do we have any pizza yet? I'm hungry." Just at that moment their order was announced.

"That's us! Tanis, have a seat and we'll eat in a moment." Alan rose to retrieve their pizza.

Tanis slid into the seat next to his Mom and whispered loudly, "Mom. I like Alan a lot. Do you?" Alan tried to listen as he crossed the room and was certain that he heard Dee answer, "Yes, I do, Tanis, very much." Alan smiled and his heart soared!

When Alan returned with their pizza, Dee had reseated Tanis on the opposite side and reserved the spot for him next to her. Alan smiled to himself and was pleased at her desire to keep him close. Ester had fallen asleep but woke up when the rustle of plates and napkins that accompanied the arrival of their meal. Dee served her children then sat back down next to Alan turned and smiled at him. She liked sitting close to him.

Dee had been living by herself with her children for just over a year and thought that their companionship would be enough, but now that she was getting close to Alan she craved more and more the presence of this man in her life. She had been proud of herself to be so self sufficient but now she realized she was immensely lonely. Had she deluded herself these last months or was it just that Alan was the missing piece to her life, or was it both? All she knew at this moment she needed him, she longed for him, she couldn't get enough of him. Now that she had fully reconciled herself to the reality of her intense feelings, and her profound loneliness, she felt no restraints and hungered for his touch. He was what she desired and she was all in!

Alan finished his several pieces of the pizza and was amazed that Tanis had matched him piece by piece.

"He must be a growing boy considering his appetite, he has eaten as many pieces as I have." Alan told Dee incredulously.

Dee just smiled, "He's grown a whole inch since Christmas!" She proclaimed, "I'm going to have a hard time keeping him in clothes this year!"

Tanis smiled and took another piece of pizza.

"Where are you putting all that pizza?" Alan asked in disbelief.

"Mom says I have a hollow leg, but my leg doesn't feel like it is hollow to me."

Alan smiled and said quietly to Dee, "Niles was the same way whenever he was having a growth spurt. I couldn't keep enough food on the table to satisfy him."

"Mom, can I go play s'more games?" asked Tanis.

"Sure," she said quietly.

"Need more quarters?" asked Alan.

"Yes."

Alan gave him a few more dollars of quarters.

Tanis smiled and scurried off to the video games.

When Tanis left, Ester began to fuss. "She's tired," reasoned Dee. "I should take them home but I don't want to go."

"Dee, I don't want you to go either, but your kids need to get to bed and I remember that kids will eventually have a meltdown if they don't get to sleep when they're tired. We have the rest of our lives, take your kids home.

"Thank you," she said. "The kids are with their Dad next weekend so I think that would be a good time to have a date." She looked at Alan with an excited smile. She had made up her mind that time together with Alan was important to her.

"Friday or Saturday night?" Alan proffered.

"Both." cooed Dee with a smile.

Alan's joy was unbounded. "Both," he repeated to himself sporting the biggest smile in quite some time, He hoped that Niles would be able to stay over at a friends each night.

Adam gathered Ester into his arms as the sleepy girl rubbed her eyes. She laid her head on his shoulder and put her little arm around his neck. Adam kissed her forehead and waited for Dee to fetch Tanis. "Adam" said Ester in her small but sleepy voice."

"Yes?" replied Adam, surprised she knew his name. Ester replied something unintelligible but it didn't matter, it made Adam's heart swell to hear her speak to him.

They made their way to Dee's sedan and buckled the children into their car seats. Both of them almost instantly began to fall asleep. Dee turned to Adam and closed the car door.

"Adam...," Dee began as she wrapped her arms around him and gazed into his deep blue eyes, "I'm ready," then she kissed him passionately.

********

Adam couldn't wait to get back home. All the way he heard her say it and played it over and over in his head: "I'm ready.," she said. "I'm ready."

Adam's heart raced as he drove the city streets and found he had to struggle to stay within the speed limit.

"She's ready!" He laughed aloud and beat the heal of his hand against the steering wheel in his glee!

"She's ready to take our relationship to the next level,' he thought. Just what should that be? He knew what he wanted it to be, he wanted to romance her and then remove her clothing piece by piece and make love to her through an entire night and every night thereafter. But he wanted more than that.

He wanted quiet evenings just holding her and stroking her. He wanted to spend days dealing with her kids and their issues, he wanted to work through her insecurities and doubts. He wanted to be an integral part of her very day existence so that they would eventually come to function together as one in purpose and one in spirit. He knew that was their destiny - he had known it from the very moment when they each felt that spark, that surge that had synchronized their hearts the first time they touched.

When he got home he knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to reinforce her decision. He didn't want her to overthink what she had said and decide to back track and change her mind. He needed to call her and talk about this week end, let her plan and commit to it. He was certain that she would willingly forge ahead if she felt in control. He just had to restrain his own desires and let her go her own pace. It was going to be hard

He decided to call her after he thought she had enough time to get her kids in bed. He reached for the phone and had it in his hands when it rang.

"Are you doing anything?" came a soft female voice, "Are you free to talk?

"Yes, Dee. Niles is doing homework or something, he's too busy to bother with his old man."

"Did you put some kind of spell on me? All I can think about is you and how you feel and how you taste and..."

"Do I taste good?"

"The best, dammit, you have blown my whole plan out of the water! I wasn't supposed to meet the man of my dreams for at least another year!

"I would tell you I'm sorry, but it would be a lie."

"Alan?"

"Yes, my darling."

"Don't hurt me." She wasn't kidding and this wasn't simple banter, she was genuinely begging him to never hurt her. Alan paused a moment to let the gravity of the moment permeate the discussion.

"Dee, I would not hurt you for anything. You are the most important person in the world to me, except for my kids of course. My intentions and plans for you are long term, I think I want to grow old with you but we can discuss that at some later time. Right now I just want to spend time with you and hold you and kiss you.

"Do you want to make love to me?"

"Of course," answered Alan after a pause, "I've already begun." He heard a sniffle from her end. "Are you alright?"

"I'm perfect," she said through tears, "Call me tomorrow evening at 7:30. I'll be in the bathtub."

"Good night, you beautiful woman, I can't wait to see you again," then he hung up the phone.

*********

The phone rang at 7:30 on the dot , and Dee picked it up before it could ring again.

"Hello." Dee's heart beat quickened with anticipation.

"Hi," answered Alan, "I may not be much company, I had a hell of a day."

"What happened?"

"I got served with child support papers from the Department of Social Services."

"I thought you both agreed to not seek support."

"We did but then she went on welfare and welfare wants their money back. I got served for back support and monthly support for an amount so outrageous I will likely have to rent out my home to keep it from foreclosure and Niles and I will have to move in with Mom and Dad for a few years.

"You have to get a lawyer, this isn't right."

"I know. I'm pissed, hurt, and scared all at the same time! Just when I was getting my income back where I want it so I can live a decent life and invite someone special to share it with me, the pins get knocked out and I'm back to square one!"

"Did your ex do this on purpose?"

"No, she claimed she didn't know the government would come back on me, she knows she owes me child support for the 12 years I had all the kids. She has the girls for a few months and goes on welfare. Shit what a lame thing to do!

"Alan?"

"Yes?" Alan was trying not to sound as discouraged as he felt.

"I'm here for you, I'm not going anywhere. We'll get through this together."

"I can't ask you to do that."

"You didn't ask, I offered."

Alan was overwhelmed. He was certain that she would soon see the folly of her pledge, but he was honored that she had the impulse to stand beside him. She was a strong and independent woman, stronger and more determined than she even knew. He would weather this new obstacle, and if she stood beside him through it all, he vowed to himself he would spend his life building her self confidence and self value. He knew for certain he loved her more than anyone he had ever known. He was determined to make her his partner, to go into the unknown times ahead together with her by his side!

"Still...," Alan answered, he tried not to let her know how much he was moved by her statement, "It could be something that ruins me financially for years to come."

"We'll get a lawyer, you'll be alright. God won't let you be ruined," Dee answered. She was in love with Alan, too. She just hadn't said it to him yet but she had to admit the fact, there was no doubt. He would be her's, she would see to it. He needed her as much as she needed him. She changed the subject partially to let him know that this turn of events changes nothing as far as she was concerned, and partially because she was determined to carry on with their life regardless. "What do you want to do Friday night?"

"Friday Night?" Alan asked.

"You didn't forget did you?" Dee teased.

"No, but I just figured..."

"You figured wrong! I'm not going to pass up a time to be alone with you because of a legal glitch." She tried to sound as determined as, indeed, she felt.

"Its a pretty big glitch!"

"You are not going to bail on me Alan, I must have my date! We deserve some

alone time, I deserve some time alone with you. It doesn't have to cost anything. We can go for a drive, or a walk, or we can sit and talk or..." Dee knew she was being a little pushy but she knew that Alan needed to hear that she was on his side, "maybe we can do some kissing and hugging, and...". She cringed. She hadn't intended to leave the sentence suspended like that, it was terribly suggestive and may be too much, too soon.

"What time?" Alan smiled, ignoring the dangling conjunction, she had tipped her hand: she wanted him, too.

"How about 6:00. Do you know how to get here?"

"Yes."

"You do?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, what? Are you stalking me?"

"No...well maybe a little, I drove by your place a time or two. Not stalking, just dreaming."

Dee blushed. She had been dreaming, too. She was excited that some of her dreams could be coming true. Mostly she was excited to be with him again...he made her feel special, beautiful, sexy and incredibly aroused!

"Alan, you probably forgot, but I was in the tub for your call."

"Oh that's right..I'm sorry."

"That's okay but I need to get out, my water is cold and I'm getting all pruny."

"Okay, well, goodnight you beautiful woman! I can't wait until I see you Friday night!" The he hung up.

She smiled. She liked his goodbyes. It made her feel...well, beautiful, desired, and special. She couldn't wait until Friday either, so she warmed her water and began to finger herself as she envisioned his face in her mind and imagined his hands roaming all over, and in, her body.

********

They had spoke on the phone virtually every night for the last month but still the excitement to finally have some private time together, without kids and with the option to be completely alone or to go into public as a couple had built to near frantic levels.

Dee was nervous that alone together they would run out of things to talk about, though on the phone, no such circumstance had remotely surfaced.

Alan was afraid that he would accidentally put too much pressure on her. Knowing she was reluctantly forging ahead with their relationship, he reminded himself to just go with the flow, let her indicate when she is ready, let her open the doors to her heart.

Alan showered and shaved but by the time he was ready to dress for their date, he was chagrined that he really could use another shower. "Why am I so nervous, I've gone on dates before, why am I such a wreck." Alan's heart rate must have been up because he certainly had butterflies like he had never experienced.

Dee was no better off. Her hair wouldn't behave and she flubbed her eyeliner so she had to start over again. She tried to go real light on the foundation and made sure to blend it into her neck. It wouldn't do to have a "mask" like she did when she was in middle school.

She had plucked, shaped and shaved everything she could think of. She even shaved her pubic hair for the first time ever and decided it felt wonderfully liberating. She had bought a new black lace bra that was very small and delicate and nearly transparent. She even bought the decidedly naughty panties to match which were maybe 3 square inches of material and therefore must have cost about 10 dollars a square inch. The material covered her pussy and came just above her pubic mound but covered little else. "I don't know why I spent so much on these," she thought, "if Alan and I get to the point where he sees them they aren't likely to stay on very long any way, she said to herself ironically, then smiled. The thoughts that went through her mind from there were definitely x rated and her pussy began to moisten.

She felt a little guilty that she was preparing for a night of sexual intimacy, she kind of hoped it would happen but at the same time she was worried about how it would affect their relationship, and it certainly would whether they wanted it to or not.

Still, they had been dancing around the inevitable since they met and now that she had decided that she wanted to build a relationship with him, it seemed a good possibility it would happen tonight. The thought sent a shiver through her core and her pussy got noticeably wetter. "Oh great! Now I'll be wet all night." She suddenly thought that maybe she should have douched. Then another thought jolted her, "I hope he isn't some perv who wants me to pee on him or something, that would kill the whole thing for me". She moved her hands, palm down through the air like an umpire calling a runner safe. "Enough!" she told herself, "There is no reason to worry about such things," and went back to fixing her make up.

Alan was early. He didn't do it on purpose but in his diligence to avoid being late he arrived 6 minutes early. He had learned from their phone conversations that she was a diligently prompt person "If you are early you're on time and if your on time you're late" was her guiding mantra on the topic. Alan had grown up in a family that basically paid almost no attention to the clock. He would have to re-train himself. He had resolved that some weeks back, it was a better habit anyway. But now he had a quandary: Do I go in now and disturb her preparations or wait until 6:00 on the dot?

The issue was decided for him when she appeared in the window and waved at him. "What are you waiting out there for?" She scolded when he stepped through her door.

"I didn't want to rush you," Alan said truthfully.

"Hey, we're beyond that kind of formality aren't we? From now on, just come in."

"Should I knock?" Alan smirked.

"Well, probably...I need a few seconds to hide all my other boyfriends," Dee laughed, the idea of it was so ridiculous to her she thought it was funny.

He looked her over as she talked to him. She was wearing a little black dress with spaghetti straps that was low enough in the front to show some nice cleavage and fairly low cut in the back to just below her shoulder blades. The dress was tight enough to show her curves and the contour of her hips and rear but not so tight as to be overtly sexy and restraining. The hemline was about 3 inches above her knee showing just a hint of her inner thigh, long enough that she didn't feel compelled to constantly be pulling on the hemline, but short enough to look flirty and sensual The overall effect was a delectable combination of modesty and simmering sexuality, perfect from what he knew of her. Her black bra straps of delicate lace gave a crisscross impression with the spaghetti straps of her dress. Her shoulder length brown hair had gentle waves that gave body to her hair which bounced whenever she moved her head. She had delicate sandals that matched her dress and hugged her small feet. Her look was what he would call sensual more than overtly sexual, but the sight of her instantly turned him on. She was most definitely a knock out!

Alan stepped toward her, and took her in his arms, "I can't wait any longer." He said as he pulled her close to his body and kissed her neck. She wrapped her arms around him and melted into his body. She sighed in pleasure at the feeling of a man's arms, ...no, not just any man's, HER man's arms around her. She kissed him behind his ear where he had evidently, applied his cologne.

"Ooo, you smell good!" She purred. Then she pressed her lips under his jaw bone and kissed her way around his jaw to his lips. She kissed his bottom lip first, then his top lip, then the corner of his mouth. The teasing drove Alan wild with desire for her lips so he moved his mouth to kiss her and kissed her...hard! They both caught their breath at the flood of affection and desire that drowned them. Her tongue touched his lips and he opened to her and they both moaned with desire.

Finally they had to break the kiss to catch their breath. Dee pushed herself from his embrace and stared at his lips.

"Oh my God! I've never been kissed like that!" She declared softly as she touched her lips with her fingertips.

"Me either," Alan had to admit.

"I think we need to sit in separate chairs for a while until we get on with our date".

"Good idea...I don't want you to think I simply came over here to..." Alan decided that this statement was maybe a little forward.

"... make love?" Dee completed his sentence. "Then why did you come over here?" She got a sly mischievous smile on her face. She was going to exploit his small faux pas to her advantage. She liked seeing this man who had been in control of their entire relationship to this point embarrassed just a little bit and at a loss for words.

1...345678