The Spark

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dee WAS in bath water up to her breasts and there were plenty of suds. A bubblebath was a luxury for which she rarely had time but this evening she wanted to share with this new man in her life. She had been gliding her fingers lightly up and down her thighs as she talked to him, imagining his strong hands petting her like a sleek feline. She was immensely aroused but too scared to mention it to Alan on the phone. She was embarrassed to admit she had the urge to start masturbating while talking to him, so they talked about other things.

"What are you doing with Tanis and Ester during summer vacation?" he asked.

"I take them to a daycare that handles kids from birth to 10 years old. I had Tanis with them since he was a baby and now Ester is there too. What do you do now that school is out?" He had told her he was a teacher but he was a little surprised she remembered.

"I have a business out of my home repairing string instruments, so I have a lot of work for the local schools during the summer. What are you doing right now?"

She was silent for a moment, "I'm sitting in a bubblebath that's is starting to get cold." She admitted.

"My water is getting cold, too. Let's take a break to warm up our water"

"You mean hang up?"

"Hell no, just put the phone down while you warm up your water.

"Okay, you say when"

"Gotcha...three, two, one: 'when'". They both lay their phones aside and filled the tub with new hot water.

"Are you there?" asked Dee.

"I'm here, babe."

It gave her a little thrill when he called her 'babe', it was so modern, so Yuppie! She was thrilled be be considered a 'babe' even if she doubted that anyone but Alan would attach that description to her.

"That's better, my water is all toasty now," reported Alan.

"Mine too,"

"I'm washing my arms and shoulders, what kind of soap do you use?

"Why?"

"Well, next year, when I stay over, I'll want to know if I will need to bring my own soap."

"Next year?"

"You said you need a year alone..."

"I changed my mind about that...You know family time once a week and date once a month."

"I know," said Alan, he felt a little guilty she had suddenly sounded distressed like he was going to disappear for a year, "I was just teasing you a little."

"Well, you scared me."

"Good! So what type of soap do you use?"

"I use Dove, I like how soft it is."

"How about shampoo?"

"I generally buy one with a conditioner and is cheap"

"Me too."

"Any other bathroom questions?"

"Shave or wax?"

"Wow, we're getting personal again."

"Yes, you need to know that everything between you and I is going to be personal." He could almost hear her blush again!

"Don't hang up yet!' Dee exclaimed.

"I'm not going to hang up, why do you say that?"

"The last time you asked something personal you hung up and I didn't get a

chance to answer."

"You wanted to answer?"

"No but I would like the chance to, if I wanted."

"Do you want to answer now?"

"What was the question again."

"Ah, delay tactic! Do you shave or wax?

"Shave or wax what?"

"Whatever."

"I shave my legs and wax my...er, p" when it came to say it she couldn't quite bring herself to say "pussy", "privates." She opted to use the word she used with the kids.

"Brazilian or landing strip?"

Shit!, how did he know all this stuff? She sat up and splashed some water out of the tub. "Do you read women's magazines or something? How do you know about all these women's things?

"I'm interested, so yes, I occasionally read women's magazines like 'Cosmo' and Fashion magazine."

"...And Playboy, I bet."

It was Alan's turn to blush this time, she had caught him off guard a little. "Yes, I'm not a subscriber but I have read it." He liked the pictures better than the articles though he never admitted that to Niles or his daughters or even to himself, usually.

Dee wondered if he was some woman's man who just pursued women for sport, but she knew that most of those types didn't want to settle into a marriage and Alan had been very up front about his intentions.

"You haven't answered the question."

"I don't think I should."

"Okay, I can wait."

"I've been unshaven and shaped or landingstrip or whatever." She said after a moment of indecision, "but currently it is a landing strip. Swimming season is coming up.

"Oh." Alan said simply.

"You sound disappointed."

"No, No. I'm okay with either way. I am even OK with unshaved ...'privates'. I don't mind what the playing field is like, I just want to be in the game.

"Oh Geez!"

"But I really enjoy giving oral and I'll bet a Brazilian would make that especially exciting."

"Okay...I'm really getting uncomfortable with this!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just having some fun at your expense. Please don't be mad."

Dee was smiling at his backpedaling. It was cute. Oh, he had definitely crossed the line but she thought it was cute the way he so quickly apologized. It was one of only a few times with him she had felt in control.

"I think we should call it a night, its getting late." She said sternly still feigning anger and smiled as he stumbled all over himself to regain the ground he had lost.

"No, No, don't hang up! I want to make arrangements for a few things."

Dee softened her tone now, she liked things to be organized, she was more at ease when she knew the plan. "Ok, What do you want to arrange?"

"Are you okay with the every-other-day calling scheme we having going?"

"Yes, I think that would be a fair and equitable way to spread the responsibility."

Alan chucked, "Its like we're working out custody or something."

"In a way, it is, custody of our time together. I think its important."

Alan was very pleased with that, she thought their talks were of enough importance to delegate a specific time for it.

"I put Tanis to bed at 7:30 except on weekends so how about our calling time be 7:35 and we try to cut it off around 8:00. I might go to sleep on you if it goes much later than that.

"That sounds good. I'd like an hour but 30 minutes will be better that nothing."

"So, what else?"

"When do we get together for our once a week family time?

"What do you propose?"

"If we do it on Friday or Saturday night does the 8:00 curfew still apply?

"We can be more flexible on those nights, but maybe we can just talk longer.

"Let's try doing pizza again for Friday evening, its been about a month since the

last time. Pappy's Pizza again, Tanis likes that place and Niles does too.

"Oh good, I really want to get to know your kids."

"What time is best for you?

"5:30?"

"5:30 it is. I am having a great time talking to you but I am getting pruny."

"Me too. It has been fun, 'till tomorrow evening, then?"

"My turn to call."

"Good night, Alan."

"Good night you beautiful woman, I can't wait to see you again." And he hung up

It was 8:30. They had talked for an hour and the time just flew by! Dee was aroused even though the conversation was not overtly sexual. The few personal questions that she had pretended offensive had actually caused tingles from her clitoris to her core. She warmed her bath water and settled in to relieve her 'tension' as Alan had called it, in spite of the fact that it was past her bed time.

Alan was also aroused, He was reasonably sure she was just pretending to be angry with him since she so easily gave answers to his inquiry. He knew he had been "cheeky" as the English would say, but he wanted to keep their budding relationship far away from the 'friend zone'. Friends are nice but what he wanted, what he needed was a partner to face the rest of his life. He was tired of the single life, He was tired of loneliness on Holidays, vacations, weekends, weekdays...He was tired of being lonely!

But this evening his libido would not be denied, so he dried himself and sat on the toilet to relieve his 'tension'. He hoped that Dee was doing the same thing, maybe even at this very moment...the thought was enough to give him a powerful ejaculation.

*********

Alan didn't call her at 7:35 as he promised, nor at 7:40 or 7:50 and it concerned her. Was he just playing with her? Did something happen to him? Did he really care? Why hadn't he called? The phone didn't ring until 7:55. Dee picked up quickly and said "Alan?"

"I'm sorry. I had an unexpected meeting to attend and I didn't have any way to tell you."

"You could have called me at the office," Dee chastised him. She couldn't keep the disappointment from her voice. She had really been looking forward to his call.

"You told me to never call your office."

"Oh Yeah. Well, I guess I could allow informational calls that are short and to the point. I was worried sick."

"You were worried about me?"

Dee was silent for a moment. She didn't want Alan to know she was already falling in love with him, that she thought about him all the time and the crushing disappointment when he didn't call. "Yes, of course, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

"Really? Why?"

He was always asking these questions that made her say what was on her heart. She wondered if he knew what he was doing when he did that. "I wouldn't want anything to happen to anyone!"

"But especially to me?"

"Yes...I mean no...not just to you, dammit!" He had prodded her to tell more than she wanted.

Alan was smiling. He knew he had tripped her up a little and that she was falling for him. His heart swelled because the feeling was mutual.

"Yeah, me too," he said finally to relieve her discomfort.

"You too what?" said Dee with exasperation.

"I have strong feelings for you, too."

"I didn't say anything of the kind!" Dee challenged him.

"You didn't have to," answered Alan, "the signs are all there. I think you might even love me little."

"What the...Wha...what?"

"Me, too," said Alan softly. "Good Night beautiful woman, I can't wait to see you

again!" And he hung up the phone.

Dee was completely flustered and knew she should be angry but instead her heart was beating faster and she was tingling all over. She held the phone next to her heart without realizing it. This man was beyond her experience and she wasn't sure how to take him. But she had to admit he was right. What bothered her most was how did he know.

***********

Usually the week went by too fast but this week seemed to crawl. Dee knew the only reason was that she so looked forward to Friday night when she could once again be with Alan. The nightly phone calls were fun and they had learned about each other but it only made her want to be with him all the more. They had done just as he suggested and watched TV together, and ate lunch together over the phone. The conversation between them was never forced or uneasy and they seemed to have no end of topics to discuss. They talked of their day and their troubles, of things that made them laugh and what they bought at the new Walmart store. They also talked about their next time together which only served to make each of them yearn for that moment all the more.

Finally the night came and Dee chose carefully the outfit she would wear. She wanted something that was not too suggestive yet was sexy. She finally decided on a simple red sleeveless summer dress with blue lavender flower print near the hemline. It fit on her rather loosely except around her bosom. She was a 34C and a good many outfits fit her snuggly across her boobs. She knew she was nicely built, she considered it to be one of her best qualities so she chose styles that featured the bosom to some extent. She was careful not to overdo this choice however, as some women did who wore tight, low cut, cleavage baring styles that she considered a bit slutty. She did not like that and avoided it at all costs.

The summer dress was a little shorter that she liked, but too much leg was better than too much boob. She considered putting on hose but the recent heat wave discouraged that idea. She examined herself in her mirror and cast a critical eye on each of her faults. Her legs were too white since it was early in the summer and they hadn't been exposed to the sun yet. Her hips were too wide and her butt too flat, she observed as she looked back over her shoulder. Her arms were already showing the under arm flap that was a scourge to all older women. Her complexion wasn't perfect, she felt her pores were too big. She looked in her magnifying mirror and tweezed a few random hairs.

"ZIT!" She proclaimed, "there's a f-in' zit on my chin! I'm 30 years old and I'm still getting f-in' zits!"

"What does "f-in'" mean , Mom?" asked Tanis from the bathroom doorway.

"Never mind," answered Dee. Damn! he always seemed to be near when she let words slip. "...And don't let me hear you saying it!"

"Mommy said a dirty word," Tanis chanted down the hallway, "Mommy said a dirty word."

"That's enough, Tanis," she barked. God, he'll probably tell Alan, she thought.

She applied her make up carefully. She guessed correctly, as it turned out, that Alan was of the "less is better" crowd of men who were at best unimpressed and at worst repulsed by the over application of make-up. She was inclined to agree, so she was careful to apply just enough to accentuate her eyes and lips but not enough to draw attention to the fact there was makeup on her face at all.

She stopped short and stared at herself a moment. "I didn't shave my legs this morning!" Her heart sank, as she glanced at the clock. "Not enough time now...Oh, well, he's not going to be feeling my legs anyway...I don't think." She was never sure of anything where Alan was concerned.

She arrived at the pizza parlor a few minutes late..on purpose. She didn't want to seem anxious which, in fact, she was. She had been nearly trembling with excitement all day! She felt like a school girl getting ready for the prom! She carried a sleeping Ester in one arm. It was a struggle since she had grown to be almost too big to carry, and tried to hold Tanis back with the other as he pulled her along.

"Here, let me help you," came a familiar voice that sent a quiver through her heart.

"Thank you," she said as she surrendered Ester to Alan's strong arms and smiling face. She was always taken aback at his striking good looks and infectious smile each time she saw him anew. His hand brushed her wrist as he drew Ester's small body onto his hip and the same small surge of energy coursed through her nervous system and started a tingling in her pussy.

"God, he turns me on!" she exclaimed under her breath, then thought "Once a week is not going to be nearly enough." She studied him as he put a sleepy Ester on the floor and walked with her to the table. Ester walked with one tiny white hand in his big tan one while rubbing her eye with the other. He was smiling at her and she could literally see his love for this new little person in his life.

Tanis followed behind and tugged on his shirt tail. 'Alan, Alan," he repeated and when Alan focused his attention to the little boy, she about died when Tanis tattled, "Mommy said she had an F'in zit! What does F-in zit mean?"

"Tanis!" Dee yelped as Alan struggled to hide his laughter from the boy. Dee was mortified, but Alan just knelt to look Tanis in the face, "Its a grown up word that isn't really a word...smart boys would not use such a word unless they wanted to get a spanking."

Tanis put his hands on his behind and looked at his Mom fearing he was in for a whipping when he got home. "I'm sorry, Mommy," he said with the true repentance only the fear of a spanking evoked.

"I forgive you," his mother said and ruffled his hair. She turned around and started to put Ester in a high chair, and didn't notice the hand full of quarters that Alan slipped into his pocket.

"Thank you," Tanis whispered and scampered off to play video games.

Alan watched Dee from behind as she bent at the waist to attach the safety straps to restrain a wiggly little girl in the high chair. He noted how nice her ass was and had the almost overwhelming urge to stroke his hand along her narrow waist down over her hip to caress her round rump. He noticed that the sleeves under her arms showed a glimpse of side boob and he searched for signs of a bra but saw none. She was magnificent, he concluded. Truly a beautiful woman. What made her allure even more compelling, was she didn't know how beautiful she truly was. Alan was determined to convince her. Every glance pulled his heart into her orbit all the more. He didn't notice until he took a step that he was sporting a full erection. He had to turn to adjust himself to hide the bulge in his cargo shorts.

"There!" Dee announced and turned to Alan who stood just behind her. She stepped toward him and gave him a hug saying, "It is so good to see you again".

The hug lingered and Alan couldn't help but hold her as long as she wanted. In fact she even pressed herself closer and held him tightly to her. He felt her breasts press and flatten against his chest. The message was inescapable, she missed him.

"On my," purred Alan, "You feel so good in my arms." He wanted to kiss her.

The moment of unexpected intimacy caught Dee off guard and she blushed as she slowly escaped him.

"Yes,..so do you." She answered. Dee suddenly realized that she had already lost the battle to stay unattached for a year, now her only struggled would be to keep the pace of their growing relationship slow enough to stay in control. She feared that may be harder than it seemed.

"Let's sit and decide what to order then we can talk," suggested Dee.

After placing their order, Alan returned to the booth and slid in next to Dee, sitting close enough that their thighs touched from knee to hip...she didn't move away.

Dee fidgeted with a napkin that she had used to wipe the table and glanced at Alan noting his eyes were fastened on her.

"This isn't going to work," she started and noticed an instant drop in Alan's features. Horrified she quickly realized what she had said and how he interpreted it.

"No! No! No! That's not what I meant! I meant only seeing you once a week isn't going to work. I'm sorry, I started that out wrong." She paused a moment to let Alan catch up and settle down before she continued, "I hadn't planned on what to say, I hadn't planned to say this now, I didn't even know I felt it until just now, well, that's not really true, I hadn't wanted to admit it to myself until just now..."

Alan cut her off by putting his index finger against her lips. "You don't need to say it, I know." Alan said and leaned toward her so their faces were inches apart, "I'm falling in love with you, too". He looked into her eyes and saw the hint of a tear there, she slowly leaned toward him and their lips touched tenderly.

They had kissed before but this kiss was different: This kiss was the first they shared as a couple in love. The kiss heated as Dee parted her lips and tentatively touched her tongue to Alan's lips. Alan quickly responded and their tongues met and caressed. In that moment the rest of the world slipped into another dimension and all that remained was the two of them, their hearts beating together. They both sighed into each other's mouth at the same time. Their lips lingered until Ester began to fuss, and they mutually parted a little embarrassed they had lost control in public.

"Where's Tanis?" Dee started, a pang of fear and guilt stabbed her as she only just realized he was not nearby.

"I gave him some quarters, he's right over there." Alan pointed to her son who was trying to get a toy from the crane game.

Dee sat back in relief, "See? That is what I hate about being in love, you neglect your responsibilities, and forget the important things!"

"What I love about being in love is that you have not one, but two people who care about the same things, and two sets of eyes protecting the important things and two sets of shoulders bearing up under the crushing responsibilities. I think we need each other, Dee. I know I need you. I want you." Alan laid it all out, maybe it was too soon, but there it was and he smiled with confidence as he saw Dee process what he had just said.

123456...8